Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:32 AM

Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! (10250 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son / Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) / Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
PropTrader:

WHAT HAVE YOU JUST SAID?
that purple hibiscus is overhyped!! but she shud keep up wit d writing??
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by papoose321: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=Brightology2 post=28957571]Do u know chimamanda is from utuoke. In case u don't know. N she is my kid sister too we also skul in France [/quot]

Oga lamba Calm down.. Na anambra gal b dat from Abba na my wicked aunt but no relations tho
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by papoose321: 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
DoctorTim:
Chimamanda.. Chimamanda... Chimamanda!!! how many times did I call u? Come to Nigeria and marry before u make too much money and forget your roots. This americanah people like u too much. Come home

Oga she is married 2 a Benin guy wan yellow Pawpaw.. Wey I no sure say him de torch sef.. She still de do lik virgin d last I saw ha

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by christybabe(f): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Chimamanda Adichie, her novels are so real, but I think purple hibiscus and Americanah is my best tho. She explains every details in her novels, she is damn good.
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by fightforchange1(f): 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Awesomeness!
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by tomzman: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
This is good. I've seen that book countless times and always wanted to read it but the volume scares me. l would definitely watch the movie when it's released.
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by jtroy(m): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
DoctorTim:
Chimamanda.. Chimamanda... Chimamanda!!! how many times did I call u? Come to Nigeria and marry before u make too much money and forget your roots. This americanah people like u too much. Come home
she is happily married to a handsome husband
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by Mimicole(f): 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Love dt book to bits, i've read it like 3 times already, sounds weird I knw bt dt's me wen I love a book. Loved Half of a yellow sun too bt d movie didn't cover most important parts of d book, so I still prefer d book.

Just hope dey do good justice to Americana, if not I go vex die. Lupita is not bad for the role tho, she only needs to come and live here 4a while to learn our slangs so dt wen she's acting it out it'll flow. Good luck 2d filming crew.
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
beyonce also featured her voice in one of her song...i was amazed oo...dat girl has gone far ...i love her...wise thinker...smooth sailor...

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by godsveryown(f): 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
VickyyB:
I love this woman scatter.

She's a source of inspiration. smiley
exactly
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by Willybos(m): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wow
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by Emmanueledu(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
ojokojonwanyi:

She's married.
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by shinaboy: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Chimamanda keeps outdoing herself... I so much respect this woman

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 18, 2014
I am not interested because of the boring and childish title! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by stanley37(m): 1:48am On Dec 18, 2014
I love her so much, seems Nigeria is coming of age, she star in Beyonce song flawless
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by donnaira(m): 5:51am On Dec 18, 2014
DoctorTim:
she is already married
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by bubblu(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2014
DoctorTim:
who tell u say she never marry

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by dBard: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2014
preshuzpearl:
I wish her the best.

I develop goose pimples all over whenever I hear about Chimamanda. She's so successful in what she does even though I don't really like her books.

I love the fact that she brings out the best descriptions and knows exactly what her readers want.

Looking forward to watching the movie.

I kinda agree with you on her books..they're very well written and engaging but with an inherent depressing quality abt them I just don't understand.
still spend good money looking up her books tho.

Hope dey don't mess up the movie adaptation like dey did Half of a Yellow Sun
*still vexing f that one**
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 26, 2014
preshuzpearl:

They're kind of boring. I love seeing action in every page of any book I read. But hers? She uses 3 paragraphs to describe the palm trees and ancient market. I find myself jumping lines and I don't like doing that.

I see
Re: Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! by SAMBARRY: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
Brightology2:
Do u know chimamanda is from utuoke. In case u don't know. N she is my kid sister too we also skul in France
success has many friends and relatives. Every one wants to be related to a successful woman grin

why didn't you say titilayo who the husband beat to death is related to you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies / Is Nollywood Rivaling Black Hollywood? / Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.