Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] (55524 Views)

Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
fkaz:

Nobody ask you if you are a yorubaman or not, Iboman like you. If truely you are a yorubaman you will know that Tinubu has the biggest political bloc in southwest and osibanjo is from Tinubu political bloc

[size=16pt]iGBO KE, Iro o. i dont care about Tinubu, i care for real change, APC has to use every legal strategy in the book to win. Osibanwo is a yoruba, so who appeals to the igbos or Southerners? Remember the distrust by igbos of a hausa and yoruba leader, we have to represent their interests to gather their votes, yorubas are less sentimental about the tribe of the leaders, as long as he is a performer, the south on the other hand has been sidelined for long they dont trust yoruba and hausa, we could have allowed amaechi. This decision by APC leadership is very very faulty as far as im concerned.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by vigasimple(m): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Comsol:

Rotimi Amaechi is now the official errand boy for the APC

Well, don't forget he is used to driving the FULANI BORN TO RULE around. EL-RUFAI came to mind. It's difficult to shelves slave mentality even if you are a Governor.

All of this people is about personal ambition. Not intrest of the country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by olyg: 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
THIS IS THE CLINCHER TICKET.FOR INFORMATION BUHARI HAVE JUST WIN THE 2015 ELECTION.I NO ANY ONE AGAIST THIS TICKET IS AN ENEMY OF GOOD CHANGE.BUHARI/OSINBAJO TILL 2015.WITH THIS TICKET I BELIEVE NIGERIA HAS A FUTURE.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by kingthreat(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
ikwubaba:

If they clear those areas, they win. Check registered voters from Inec site. But which states do you think PDP is taking from middle belt?

Benue, Niger, Taraba, FCT, Plateau will likely go for one because oof the PDP strong presence there.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by lilmax(m): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
I can't wait for February grin
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Dotng: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
iGeneral:
Four things about this choice:

1. Place Oshibajo beside sambo and let them debate on any issue, we know who will win

2. With Oshibajo on the ticket, GEJ can't go to Adeboye to commit that kneeling down fraud he committed in 2011 which he used to cream RCCG members vote. So GEJ lost a block vote there cos there's an homeboy as VP.

3.Oshibajo will certainly win his Polling unit, ward, local govt and state. Unlike Sambo who walks like a duck and is notorious for losing even in his nuclear family. Sambo doesn't bring any electoral value to the GEJ ticket.

4. It follows therefore that this coming election is more about the prez candidates than any VP. And on this note most people agreed GEJ has made a mess of our nation and can't be allowed to continue on that trajectory.

And finally, if GMB had chosen Amaechi, PDP goons will say he is corrupt and a traitor. If he had chosen Oshiomole, they will bring up the issue of'go and die' for the campaign. If he chose Fayemi, they will say the man who was rejected for 2nd term by his own people. So it is good GMB went for a man without baggage.
I agree with your analysis. Osinbajo comes with no baggage unlike Amaechi. He has more electoral value than Amaechi because he has RCCG as his base plus other churches who have close affinity with RCCG like Winners Chapel and others. This are groups that have membership across Nigeria SE & SS inclusive.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by abatajjvii: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
APC Presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has chosen erudite scholar, former Attorney General of Lagos state, and Pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as his running mate for next year's general election.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN and Senior Partner in the Law firm of Simmons Cooper Partners. Yemi Osibanjo is a professor of law and was the head of department of Public Law at the University of Lagos (1997-1999).

His tertiary education was at the University of Lagos and the London School of Economics and Political Science obtaining the LLB and LLM degrees respectively.
Previously served as the Special Adviser to the Attorney General of Nigeria (1988-1992), he later became the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice of Lagos State in 1999 reappointed for a second term in 2003. During the period of his public service, he commenced the Lagos State justice reform project. A
prominent feature of that project was the establishment of the Directorate for Citizens’ Rights (DCR) which provides free legal services and legal representation to indigent citizens of the state. This initiative gave a voice to many who would otherwise not have a way to access their rights.
Prior to that appointment, Osinbajo, a Professor of Law, was the Head of Public Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos.
He is also the Ethics Adviser to the Advisory Board of the African Development Bank and is a non-executive Director of Citibank. He has served in various roles within the United Nations, United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations, the United Nations African Institute for Crime Prevention, the International Criminal court for Rwanda in Arusha, Tanzania, the department of Peacekeeping operations and the United Nations Peace Operations in Somalia.
Prof. Osinbajo is Co-founder & Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd. In 2007, Prof. and his wife Oludolapo founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non-governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.
Professor Osinbajo has authored, co-authored and edited several books and publications including “The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes” ; “Law Development and Administration”; “The Annotated Civil Procedure rules of The Superior Courts in Nigeria”; and “Cross Examination: A Trial Lawyer’s Most Potent Weapon”.
He also pastors at Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God and lives in Lagos with his wife and three children.

Read More: http://www.kevindjakporblog.com/2014/12/its-official-apc-announces-prof-yemi.html#ixzz3M9W96yGP
Follow us: @kevindjakpor on Twitter | KevinDjakporBlog on Facebook

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by zeedof(m): 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thanks GEJ for supporting the change too

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
gud for him
at last he has join the list of former vice presidential aspirants
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by onyxo76(m): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
Well if this choice has been truly confirmed then this affirms why Pastor E.A Adeboye has been hammering on every member of RCCG getting the voter's card. Even 2 sundays ago my Regional Pastor asked everyone who has his voters card to display it in church just before service ended. hmmmm this is getting very interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Dotng: 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Suljosh:
Wrong VP. I'm sorry to say this but GMB has lost this already. Adam would have been a better VP which would have attract voters.
Attract votes from where? What base does he really have? He is only popular. He doesn't really have a political base. Even the Labour party doesn't have much clout.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by infofta(m): 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
President Obama said he couldn't visit Nigeria because Nigeria is smelling of corruption. GEJ na true?

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by arsetalks(m): 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

I was only referring to anyone from South South.
Oh!!! Didn't think along that line. Thanks.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by esosuo: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
what is wrong with dis apc people sef, was thinking dis buhari guy is sharp , who know osibanjo? even for lagos not everybody knows. the guy talkless of outside lag or is buhari planning to break record like the first president with a proff as vice ?.He forgets dat profile matters only when he wins popularity is wat nigerians look b4 profile ,so clear now say no opposition in nigeria , if osho baba were there things for sure to get small south south vote ,apc just crashed d change we wanted , success in ur other endeavours buhari though I dey vex for ur level if dullness oh
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Justbright(m): 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
adeaks:
Prof Yemi Osibanjo is a man I respect so much. he is an academic and intellectual juggernaut as well as legal Icon. I have attended a couple of events where he has given speeches and I always marvel at the depth of his knowledge and ease of presentation.

However I have to say I am not sure how prof Osibanjo will add anuthjng to the buhari ticket politically. I love the man but I think he is a nobody politically. APC just gave GEJ all the votes in the south south and south east because they will surely not want power to shift completely away from their side even if they don't like Jonathan.
Well goodluck to prof and buhari. He will make a cracking VP.

you think d block vote in ss and se can't match what's available in northwest alone.....I think d choice of Osinbajo is to balance d religion and party imbalances in the apc
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
I wrote this earlier in the year......

That the religion card that PDP is playing is double-edged....it can also work against the party.

Now PDP is in doldrums and depression....they've lost their most potent tool against APC...Religion.

Also, the Prof has no dirty baggage for PDP to walk with......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by vigasimple(m): 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
We have to wait for the official confirmation from Bhuari before we can properly conclude.

The country and the people purporting to lead us are bunch of jokers no wonder a lot of comedians are showing up to contest for political office.

We need a strong opposition but APC is just not anywhere near a truthful opposition.

Bhuari candidacy is about power shifting to the north.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by arsetalks(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=16pt]iGBO KE, Iro o. i dont care about Tinubu, i care for real change, APC has to use every legal strategy in the book to win. Osibanwo is a yoruba, so who appeals to the igbos or Southerners? Remember the distrust by igbos of a hausa and yoruba leader, we have to represent their interests to gather their votes, yorubas are less sentimental about the tribe of the leaders, as long as he is a performer, the south on the other hand has been sidelined for long they dont trust yoruba and hausa, we could have allowed amaechi. This decision by APC leadership is very very faulty as far as im concerned.[/size]
You are wrong there. There is no how you can convince those in the SS and SE to vote against GEJ enmass. No bigotry but the electorate in those regions have their minds made up. They see GEJ as one of their own even if he is not doing anything for them.

Like I said before, I mean no bigotry, in fact, some of my best friends are from the SE/SS but let's call a spade a spade, they won't vote for an hausa man even if you make the vice from their region.

The most important thing is to ensure the SW is secured. If APC can get even 20% from the SE/SS and ensure PDP do not get more than 20% in the SW then they will win the election ( my thought).
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by clevadani: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
mrborntodoit:
Nice,he just made his lose easier.

Oga Jona all the way
rip english. Grammatical murder like dis shows gej's poor policy on education and one of d reasons he must nt be returned nxt yr

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by chernest2002: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sorry oga Amaechi,i told you that no easterner have future in Apc and you refused now you are cleared.Returned you prodigal son and Gej will forgive and receive you,and river state people will find it in their hearts to forgive you for all their money you wasted

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by opo26: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
buhari tinubu 2015 APC change
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Dotng: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lyoncrescent:
The image shows the result of the last election.

They need to consolidate on that.in 2011, Buhari(CPC) won 12 states while Ribadu(ACN) won 1 state(Osun State). Goodluck won the rest.

At worst case scenario, the 13 states won by CPC and ACN in 2011 combined should be maintained in the 2015 elections for victory.

The key question is whether Buhari can win Lagos,Ogun,Oyo,Ondo,Ekiti and Kwara which are all APC states anyway with the exception of Ondo and Ekiti ? If buhari wins the 4 APC states from the above that brings the total to 17 states .The entire south west apart from Osun state voted Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 so its shaky.

I dont see what Osinbajo is offering to secure the remaining states. Unless ofcourse APC wins Ondo and Ekiti which would give Buhari 19 states and more likely than not secure victory for him. EDO ,IMO and Nasarrawa states which were won by Goodluck in 2011 are now APC states and who knows if Buhari/Osinbajo can clinch those states ? If they do, that would see APC win 22 statess and surely secure victory. WILL Rivers state under Ameachi as APC Governor even vote for Buhari/Osinbajo ? That one na Wild Card State.

I would have prefered Rochas,Adams or Rotimi. But yet again what do i know? APC,Change is here. Time to end 15 years of PDP bondage

I also dont believe APC should waste resources campaigning in some states such as bayelsa. If they focus on the states discussed here i think it is the end of PDP. They shouldnt also campaign on twitter or nairaland, they should campaign to the pepper seller and okada riders cos these are the majority and the will stand under the sun for hours to cast their votes.
During the 2011 elections, ACN only fielded Ribadu because they had to. They knew they couldn't get a win across the country especially with the collapse of talks with Buhari. They concentrated their resources on winning SW which they did to convince Buhari that he, Tinubu, is no push over. The only reason Ribadu won in Osun was because Aregbesola needed to convince the PDP that his victory at the electoral panel was not a fluke. Can you imagine PDP winning the presidential election in Lagos with the standing of Tinubu and Fashola if it were not orchestrated by Tinubu. What Buhari had counted on was that he can win without merging with Tinubu. If he Buhari had won in the North and ACN had won in the south West, PDP will not have enough votes in the South & SE to beat the votes he will garner in the North. Tinubu saw through him and decided to go to sleep during the presidential election. That is what humbled Buhari into the merger we have today. Today Jonathan doesn't stand the chance of winning in the South West and the North the votes in the middle belt and SE maybe divided leaving him with only the SS.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Equado(m): 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
donphilopus:
Vote Buhari/Osibanjo! Vote Change!
neither buhari nor osiban Is gonna win...I authoritatively tel you Buhari would NEVER EVER WIN this election....nobody should quote me...quote me on valentines day when my hypothesis becomes a theory
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tecmon: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Buhari just confirmed his political naivity once again, last time he went to the polls with a yoruba tele-pastor he lost woefully and started spewing rubbish from his mouth, and this pastor also joined him to call for violence because they lost. now he has been GIVEN another yoruba pastor who is less known than the first as his failure mate. Not yet satisfied, he also accepts a disenfranchised, double disgruntled, shortchanged and displeased last term Rivers Governor who has lost his glory in his own state to be his campaign manager. my my my !! this guy is just so good in digging his own grave grin
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
APC is not ready for change or wont give the change desired.

Sorry Nigeria

Jonathan till Nigerians get sense!
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by chernest2002: 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
For buhari and unknown osibanjo i think Gej should start writing his second term swearing in speech cause is a work over.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by adbokus(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
Change?! Exactly what kind of change - 'ineptitude' to antiquity or possibilities to alchemistry!....
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Adesam02: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
Interesting, but who is this prof? I thought tinubu said he had interest
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by fineworker24(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
busterr:
the leadership of nigeria rests on the shoulders of one among two dominant people, one is weak, the other is a 72 year old man who would have retired many years ago in civil service. nigeria is just unfortunate.
The simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tecmon: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
chernest2002:
Sorry oga Amaechi,i told you that no easterner have future in Apc and you refused now you are cleared.Returned you prodigal son and Gej will forgive and receive you,and river state people will find it in their hearts to forgive you for all their money you wasted

if his pride will allow him
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tecmon: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
adbokus:
Change?! Exactly what kind of change - 'ineptitude' to antiquity or possibilities to alchemistry!....

from car manufacturing to camel racing grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari / Jonathan Condoles With Buhari On Son's Accident. Nigerians React

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.