Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] (55523 Views)

Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by suspectingmood(m): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
[color=#000099][/color][quote author=mayorjosh post=28955567]he is using him to hold his ground in the west.
You are 100% right amechi is a gamble cos the east will vote for gej cos he want to secure the vote of the west and north and he is done. Nigeria wake up. This old man is using people to gain power.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Lyoncrescent: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dotng:

During the 2011 elections, ACN only fielded Ribadu because they had to. They knew they couldn't get a win across the country especially with the collapse of talks with Buhari. They concentrated their resources on winning SW which they did to convince Buhari that he, Tinubu, is no push over. The only reason Ribadu won in Osun was because Aregbesola needed to convince the PDP that his victory at the electoral panel was not a fluke. Can you imagine PDP winning the presidential election in Lagos with the standing of Tinubu and Fashola if it were not orchestrated by Tinubu. What Buhari had counted on was that he can win without merging with Tinubu. If he Buhari had won in the North and ACN had won in the south West, PDP will not have enough votes in the South & SE to beat the votes he will garner in the North. Tinubu saw through him and decided to go to sleep during the presidential election. That is what humbled Buhari into the merger we have today. Today Jonathan doesn't stand the chance of winning in the South West and the North the votes in the middle belt and SE maybe divided leaving him with only the SS.

I agree. But this is all assuming that buhari maintains all the 12 Northern states he won in the 2011 election and Lagos,Ogun,Osun,Oyo,Ekiti,Ondo and Kwara vote for Buhari/Osibanjo. IF APC achieves that, they have 19 states in the bag including the two number crunching states of KANO and LAGOS .It is only then we can then talk about dividing the SE. I am happy you agree with my point that the Buhari/Osibanjo Campaign shouldnt focus much on the south south and campaign rather more heavily in states that are more likely to be won like the 12 Buhari won in 2011, All the South West States. Then maybe Nasarawa,F.C.T. and Imo State too

END of 15 years of PDP Bondage come 2015. APC will be in power next year.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tecmon: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
chernest2002:
For buhari and unknown osibanjo i think Gej should start writing his second term swearing in speech cause is a work over.

i said in another thread that the guy is wearing headphones cos he is already laughing at them in 3D grin
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by KwoiZabo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
adewale2011:
Say' CHANGE!!!

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by ndcide(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lyoncrescent:

I agree. But this is all assuming that buhari maintains all the 12 Northern states he won in the 2011 election and Lagos,Ogun,Osun,Oyo,Ekiti,Ondo and Kwara vote for Buhari/Osibanjo. IF APC achieves that, they have 19 states in the bag including the two number crunching states of KANO and LAGOS .It is only then we can then talk about dividing the SE. I am happy you agree with my point that the Buhari/Osibanjo Campaign shouldnt focus much on the south south and campaign rather more heavily in states that are more likely to be won like the 12 Buhari won in 2011, All the South West States. Then maybe Nasarawa,F.C.T. and Imo State too

END of 15 years of PDP Bondage come 2015. APC will be in power next year.

You people keep talking about dividing the vote of SE and SS and NC. but don't believe that of the north and west can be divided

isn't it foolishness?

Hope you have your voters card. I'm in Lagos and I'm voting GEJ and I'm not alone.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Daguccizgreat(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
Yemi Osinbajo is a perfect match for Muhammadu Buhari. Let the campaign begin...

Buhari/Osinbajo for 2015
#Change
Barcanista how market? They ban your main moniker ?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by qtx(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
major466:
Another loser chosen to join the Losing Team.
GEJ Till 2019!!!

Meanwhile, Rotimi Ameachi is on reflection mode:
Used n Dumped. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Doyin2(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
The change we clamour for is that against corruption,impunity and bad governance!

The older,the wiser and the better.Buhari is like Nelson Mandela of our time.

We need him to set the pace for the younger ones like Osinbajo to take over..

For now generational change is a lesser problem to Nigeria than corruption.

Although the fight against corruption cannot be won by Buhari and Osinbajo alone,yet it cannot be won without incorruptible leadership!

CHANGE IS IN THE AIR!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
Perfect choice, good riddance to bad rubbish. Gej bye bye.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Lyoncrescent: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
ndcide:

You people keep talking about dividing the vote of SE and SS and NC. but don't believe that of the north and west can be divided

isn't it foolishness?

Hope you have your voters card. I'm in Lagos and I'm voting GEJ and I'm not alone.

i agree with you that the votes of the North and West can be shared. This is where a just umpire in INEC is needed and a robust campaign mechanism and strategy from both PDP and APC.

I have my Voters card and i am also in Lagos. Ikorodu to be precise. You are entitled to vote who ever you want to vote. PDP has been in power for 15 years. I am not convinced on the need to continue doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting a different result which is what another 4 years of PDP will offer. Change is needed.APC is needed.

In a more sinister tone and as i always say, if PDP is the answer, May GOD run your life and the life of your generations the way PDP has run Nigeria in the last 15 years. Please can you say a big Amen to that.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Doyin2(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
fineworker24:

The simple truth.

You do not have the audacity to determine the truth.It is relative.

The change we clamour for is that against corruption,impunity and bad governance!

The older,the wiser and the better.Buhari is like Nelson Mandela of our time.

We need him to set the pace for the younger ones like Osinbajo to take over..

For now generational change is a lesser problem to Nigeria than corruption.

Although the fight against corruption cannot be won by Buhari and Osinbajo alone,yet it cannot be won without the right incorruptible leadership!

CHANGE IS IN THE AIR!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
arsetalks:
You are wrong there. There is no how you can convince those in the SS and SE to vote against GEJ enmass. No bigotry but the electorate in those regions have their minds made up. They see GEJ as one of their own even if he is not doing anything for them.

Like I said before, I mean no bigotry, in fact, some of my best friends are from the SE/SS but let's call a spade a spade, they won't vote for an hausa man even if you make the vice from their region.

The most important thing is to ensure the SW is secured. If APC can get even 20% from the SE/SS and ensure PDP do not get more than 20% in the SW then they will win the election ( my thought).

What is the pecentage of north/sw in the ss/se compared to the percentage of ss/se in the north/sw?

Igbos alone will give GEJ more than 25% in Lagos let alone the ss/mb and other Yoruba xtians

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by pacesetter939: 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
busterr:
the leadership of nigeria rests on the shoulders of one among two dominant people, one is weak, the other is a 72 year old man who would have retired many years ago in civil service. nigeria is just unfortunate.
The 72 year old agile General is the result of millions of Nigerians since the clueless GEJ failed to understand the expected deliverables of his office and posterity will never be kind in judging him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Hero10001: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
mayorjosh:
btw who is yemi osinbajo
He's my father.
www.google.com
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by ndcide(m): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lyoncrescent:

i agree with you that the votes of the North and West can be shared. This is where a just umpire in INEC is needed and a robust campaign mechanism and strategy from both PDP and APC.

I have my Voters card and i am also in Lagos. Ikorodu to be precise. You are entitled to vote who ever you want to vote. PDP has been in power for 15 years. I am not convinced on the need to continue doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting a different result which is what another 4 years of PDP will offer.

In a more sinister tone and as i always say, if PDP is the answer, May GOD run your life and the life of your generations the way PDP has run Nigeria in the last 15 years. Please can you say a big Amen to that.

will you ever believe the umpire was just except your party wins?

The more reason you had to result to killing non indigenous corp members in 2011.

If you you had to state what you wrote in the last paragraph just to spite me, then all you said above that is all rubbish. coz you ate not even sincere.
r I forgive you coz you don't know what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Quatermaine: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1949931_img4944_jpeg67222ca636b2331ef4f509b4d8181887

Is this Man a Pastor in RCCG? his face looks very familiar..
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Hero10001: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lyoncrescent:

I have my Voters card and i am also in Lagos. Ikorodu to be precise. You are entitled to vote who ever you want to vote. PDP has been in power for 15 years. I am not convinced on the need to continue doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting a different result which is what another 4 years of PDP will offer. Change is needed.APC is needed.

Lyon, Epe n'use o.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Ifeann(f): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
courage54:
APC are so bless with great personalities, Professor Osinbajo is a man of repute and he will be an asset to the development of this nation.

For God so loved Nigeria that he spared the life of Gen. Buhari till 2015, that who so ever desires progress and Votes for him may not regret but experience the true meaning of leadership where security, food, employment, zero corruption, transparency and infrastructural development prevails.
The number one problem facing Nigeria today is corruption! Fix corruption, and you fix Nigeria. Jonathan has only encouraged and promoted corruption. The ONLY person that is fearless and would ruthlessly cleans this country is General Mohammadu Buhari... Those who hate him have no idea why they do...he remains the most incorruptible ... Fearless... Patriotic and principled leadership figure remaining in Nigeria today. Nigeria may not be able to have the likes of Buhari in another 50years time.
Is only a fool that will continue to do things the same way and expect a different result, So Let's Make The Right Choice.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta
Sai Buhari

Before You criticise me am also a christian but I must not let my religion clown my sense of reasoning.

I agree with quite a number of points you raised but my worry about buhari is the questionable people he is surrounded by; as well as his staunch support for sharia Law all over Nigeria. Do you knw that as a christain under True Islamic sharia law you must pay the Jizyah (its an Arabic name for Protection tax for disbelievers of allah).
Buhari looks like a sincere man but don't forget his past, he once brought down a democratic Government in Nigeria before him too was ousted, all these set this country back by several decades

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by mrlatest: 1:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Good, curruption will soon be an issue of the past in Nigeria.

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by wolexy2(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
pls who is osibanjo?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Lyoncrescent: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
ndcide:

will you ever believe the umpire was just except your party wins?

The more reason you had to result to killing non indigenous corp members in 2011.

If you you had to state what you wrote in the last paragraph just to spite me, then all you said above that is all rubbish. coz you ate not even sincere.
r I forgive you coz you don't know what you are doing.

Believe it or not, I voted Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for President in 2011 and i stood on the queue for over 2 hours just to cast my vote.

Why cant you just say a simple Amen ?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by cyprianlah(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
President 72years vice president70...old quaks go nd sleep nd liv young blood to do tinz
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by personal59: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
They claimed he is a Religious fanatics, yet he picked Chuba Okadigbo a ROMAN CATHOLIC member as Running mate in 2003. They are shouting he is a Religious Bigot, yet Renowned and Respected Pastor Tunde Bakare accepted to be his running mate in 2011. Now he has pick intelligent Professor Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) as running mate, a well respected PASTOR of Redeem Christian Church of God. It is a high time Nigerians should understand that PDP deliberately capitalised on the gullibility of Nigerians to paint him black. This they did in order to keep on looting the treasury and ensure that he never gets the opportunity to stop all their atrocities How many Nigerians would hold the appointment of government, minister of petroleum, PTF chairman and head of state yet don’t own a house in Abuja and has NO foreign account?? Vote Competency, Commitment and Good Character. VoteBUHARI‬/Osinbajo in 2015. Vote‬ APC. A Combo of INTEGRITY and INTELLIGENT for a Better and Greater Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by bxcode(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:
Be it Osinbajo, Oshiomole or Amaechi, it's a sure success.

Modified*

Congrats to you GMB for sticking with someone from the SW where the election will be decided.

In 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola and all other APC politicians which he now enjoys. I am very sure that Osinbajo was nominated by Tinubu after Buhari rejected him for the slot. So, Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.

Going SS would have been much more difficult to sell to the Yorubas because the ticket does not guarantee them the presidency even in the next eight years especially when they have been marginalized by GEJ for the past six years. So, how do you convince them to troop out on election day?

Besides, nothing you can give the SS/SE now, not even the presidential slot, that will make them vote against "their son".

Once the election is won, Amaechi and other SS's APC guys will have their own dues?

An Amaechi as the Petroleum Minister won't be a bad idea for example

All in all, I see this choice as the best option to defeat PDP.

PDP/GEJ now be like " ... shitting in their pants"
Are you voting based on the region the aspirants are coming from or what
That's our problem in this country, my son, their son...for Gods sake is that the right basis!!! undecided
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
bxcode:

Are you voting based on the region the aspirants are coming from or what
That's our problem in this country, my son, their son...for Gods sake is that the right basis!!! undecided

Sorry I'm not voting based on region but politics is a game of number. And to dislodge PDP, the political calculations must be right.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
cyprianlah:
President 72years vice president70...old quaks go nd sleep nd liv young blood to do tinz

Senseless, unintelligent, looters, thieves (stealing is not corruption), corrupt, directionless and visionless young blood like GEJ?

Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ifeann:

I agree with quite a number of points you raised but my worry about buhari is the questionable people he is surrounded by; as well as his staunch support for sharia Law all over Nigeria. Do you knw that as a christain under True Islamic sharia law you must pay the Jizyah (its an Arabic name for Protection tax for disbelievers of allah).
Buhari looks like a sincere man but don't forget his past, he once brought down a democratic Government in Nigeria before him too was ousted, all these set this country back by several decades

And when Buhari didn't surround himself with those people you call corrupt, did Nigerians vote for him?

It is idiotic for anyone to believe that any president of Nigeria can Islamize or Christianize the country.

Forget whatever you're fed with. All na propaganda. Come and join the change we need.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
Over 6million redemmers vote may go to APC come 2015.....reason @picture

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Mcleo007(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
busterr:
the leadership of nigeria rests on the shoulders of one among two dominant people, one is weak, the other is a 72 year old man who would have retired many years ago in civil service. nigeria is just unfortunate.

2015.. I'll vote for Buhari. I'll give him my vote because I'm convinced he's the best man for the job. He's one with little to gain and nothing to lose; such a man, we need at this point in our national progression going forward.

Nigeria does not need an intellectual to be President; she needs a disciplined leader. Nigeria does not need an economic guru to lead her; she needs an astute leader to combat corruption in her flailing ranks... Nigeria does not need a flamboyant leader; she needs a moralist, one with a clear idea of normative values... Buhari might seem something of the old school. Yes! As a nation, we're still clung to the past... Our last successive growth was in the 80s, we've achieved very little since then. It's been a decay of sorts from all spheres of our polity. It's safe to say we're fixated to our past errors.

Buhari for me is the man.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by courage54(m): 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ifeann:

pls try and get your fact right, Buhari never plotted the coup. He was just called upon to the lead the government as the only sincere person they can trust. As for the people he is associating with, he need those people to win election and after that he will put them to where they rightly belong. As for the islamisation of Nigeria, that can not be possible in this present dispensation and PDP are just propaganting those false allegation to denied us the true leader we deserve.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by pazienza(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nigerian politics is so predictable, all Ndiigbo need to do to survive Nigeria, is a close study of the events that took place between 1966-1970.

From the very day APC was formed, I recognized it as an Arewa-Odua gang up 2.0, and I went on to predict that they would have a Northern president and a Yoruba VP, and today, I have been proven correct.

If APC wins, then Ndiigbo is done for, as there would be a restoration of the post 1970 order, which GEJ had destroyed and provided a semblance of level playing ground for all, to the anger of the Odua-Arewa gang up.

APC must fail, Ndiigbo must play our part to bring this to pass.Nigeria isn't going to get better under PDP or APC, but it's strategic to Ndiigbo that the Arewa-Odua mainstream is kept out of Ask rock for as far as 2019, atleast.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by honeric01(m): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
adeaks:

I agree with this completely. Amaechi or someone else from that side woulda been better. Southwest was always was a stronghold of APC compared to other areas. I just hope this wont turn out to be a political miscalculation.

And how many state did ACN of then win in the last presidential election?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Voters Block Osun PDP Member From Leaving Until She Pays As Promised / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.