Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,807 members, 7,905,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:27 PM

Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? (3831 Views)

92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD / Zimbabweans Thank Nigerians And Sahara Reporters For Thrashing President Mugabe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by delewu: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2008
December 08, 2008 03:14am

INFLUENTIAL former statesmen have given a damning verdict on Zimbabwe, saying President Robert Mugabe's government cannot lead the nation out of its humanitarian crisis after a cholera outbreak killed nearly 600 people.

"There is bitter disappointment in the current leadership. This government has not demonstrated the ability to lead the country out of its current crisis," former UN secretary-general Kofi Annan said overnight, according to a statement from the Elders.

"The process of transition to an inclusive government must be accelerated and I urge SADC (Southern African Development Community) leaders to play a more active role in pressing for that to occur," he said in a report released on the humanitarian situation in Zimbabwe.

South Africa is sending an official delegation to Zimbabwe tomorrow to assess the situation, while a troika of SADC health and water affairs ministers will meet on Friday in Johannesburg on the cholera outbreak.

"Zimbabwe's people are the greatest victims of their government's mismanagement, but the entire region is paying the price. Three to four million people have left, primarily for South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique and the UK, while erosion of water and health systems has provoked a potential trans-regional cholera epidemic," the report said.

Mr Annan and two other members of the Elders - former US president Jimmy Carter and rights activist Graca Machel, wife of former South African leader Nelson Mandela - tried to visit Zimbabwe on November 22 and 23 but Harare refused them entry.

Instead, they met Zimbabwe political leaders, civil society and business representatives, donors, aid workers and UN agency heads over three days in Johannesburg.

"Zimbabwe urgently needs the rapid formation of a workable government. The regime has been in denial about what is happening in their country and the region has not really wanted to know either. The cholera epidemic has shown just how serious the situation in Zimbabwe has become," Mr Carter said.

Ms Machel urged SADC leaders to visit Zimbabwe themselves.

"We were not able to enter the country, I would urge all the SADC leaders to visit Zimbabwe to assess the humanitarian situation firsthand. Zimbabwe's leaders are failing their people and the region cannot ignore the suffering of millions any longer"

Based on the discussions in Johannesburg, "the Elders are strongly of the view that there is a major underreported humanitarian crisis in Zimbabwe and the conditions are deteriorating at an alarming rate", the report said.

"The future of the country cannot be in the hands of the present government," said former Norwegian prime minister Gro Harlem Brundtland, another Elders member.

The Elders called for more food and medical assistance and urged the feuding parties to implement "in good faith" the September 15 power-sharing deal signed in Harare.

The head of the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) in Zimbabwe, Roeland Monasch, told the BBC he feared a possible 60,000 cholera cases in the coming weeks.

Such a surge in infections could bring the number of deaths to about 2700, he said.

The Elders meet in Paris tomorrow with President Nicolas Sarkozy of France, the current head of the European Union, even as EU foreign ministers meeting in Brussels are expected to tighten sanctions against Zimbabwe.

In my opinion, the continuation of Robert Mugabe, a past hero of Zimbabwe,in power after so many years of mismanagement of a country who has continued to suffer plainly as a result of one individual's selfishness and lust for power, is a display of what I still consider to be a key problem in international politics, the inability of our elected leaders to take a stand for what they believe in. There are calls for a new government from Gordon Brown, Koffi Anan, Jimmy Carter and other world leaders but this, in my opinion should be followed by action from its citizens who bear the greatest brunt of the suffering.
    Their lives, their future and that of the country Zimbabwe are of too great a value to be destroyed because of the selfishness of one very old man.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Jakumo(m): 8:59am On Dec 10, 2008
Mugabe's name will one day be mentioned in the same breath as that of Uganda's Idi Amin, Cambodia's Pol Pot and Ethiopia's Mengistu, bloodthirsty and evil monsters all, who clung desperately to power despite the mass death of their subjects.

The best way to negotiate power-sharing with Mugabe would be to exterminate him with extreme prejudice, decimate his political power structure and then schedule new DEMOCRATIC elections for Zimbabwe, with opposition leader Morgan Tsangerai serving as an interim president who is eligible run for election.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by adconline(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2008
only Zimbaweans can tackle Mugabe. Time to act is now. Stop moving to South AFrican and redeem your nation.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by texazzpete(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2008
adconline:

only Zimbaweans can tackle Mugabe. Time to act is now. Stop moving to South AFrican and redeem your nation.
and face bullets and torture, eh?

Mugabe is now blaming the west for the cholera outbreak in his country. What an idiot!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by chidichris(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2008
it is time for those who believe chasing the whites out of africa is a way forward to know that africans are not able to handle things on their own.
bring in the oposition leader will still not solve the problem bcs he is still an africa.
this same cruader with come in tomorrow and turn tiger.
we need the whites arround if not for anyother thing, let it be for a re-orientational course.
most of our african leaders cannot talk in the open because they are all guilty of the same crimes.
make yar adua a case study, tell me what yar adua who was forced on us will tell mugabe about his actions against the zimbbwian people.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Jakumo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2008
So, Chidichris, you are of the opinion that SKIN COLOR should be the primary determinant of eligibility for Zimbabwe's next leader, and on that basis you feel that opposition leader Morgan Tsangerai will be worthless as a president simply because he is black ?   What shall we do about America's new black president, since one can only imagine the extent to which his landslide election victory must have shocked and dismayed you ?   Chidi,   share your angst with us, and disclose the[i] true [/i] depth of your pain, now that  Obama's swearing-in ceremony is just around the corner.

Do you by any chance have a juju shrine devoted to [b]W[/b]hite [b]P[/b]eople in a back room of your house ?  If you have such a facility, do forgive my asking, but could you please elaborate a little about the sacrificial offerings presented to the White Man God in that place of worship.  Does the White God demand black virgins before granting you with His blessings, or do you have to ritually slaughter struggling domestic animals to appease this God you have found ?  Finally, what sort of monetary gains can I expect if I become a preacher in your church ?
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by idupaul: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2008
@ poster

wetin concern u sef------ u forget say no light for ur own country
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2008
you feel that opposition leader Morgan Tsangerai will be worthless as a president simply because he is black?

No matter wether Tsangerai is black or white. He will make a useless president. He has been outmanouevred in every department for years by Mugabe. In the first round of elections, even though they were relatively fair (by Africa standards) he didn't trounce Mugabe like he should have done. This shows that the voters were voting Mugabe out, rather than voting Tsangerai in.
Zimbabwe needs a strong leader once Mugabe has gone. Not a toothless lion like Tsangerai.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by texazzpete(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2008
Bastage:

No matter wether Tsangerai is black or white. He will make a useless president. He has been outmanouevred in every department for years by Mugabe. In the first round of elections, even though they were relatively fair (by Africa standards) he didn't trounce Mugabe like he should have done. This shows that the voters were voting Mugabe out, rather than voting Tsangerai in.
Zimbabwe needs a strong leader once Mugabe has gone. Not a toothless lion like Tsangerai.

The elections were NOT 'relatively fair'.
Where were you when Tsvangirai was complaining that his supporters were being hounded and beaten?
People were forced to come out and vote for Mugabe, hence his ability to maintain some level of parity. naturally, this is africa so you can expect loads of sycophants and hangers-on who are only too pleased to maintain the status quo.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by adconline(m): 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2008
texas

Mugabe is now blaming the west for the cholera outbreak in his country. What an idiot!

Do you really think that external forces can force him out of government?  Pro democracy groups are not as strong they were in Nigeria during Abacha era. We need  robust opposition. I remembered 5 man million march in Nigeria organised by folks like late Chidi Ubani, Gani,Falana,Soyinka,Pa Ajasin,  and co. Finally likes of Ekwueme held all politicians summit in ABuja and summoned the  courage to tell him to resign. The only formidable opposition is coming Morgan whose party is even split.

Or maybe they should look  at South Africans as their neighbours on how they fought apartheid. This kind of robust engagment of Zimbabweans has not been seen so much on public arena. Imagine millions of South Africans moving to Zimbawe during apartheid and allowing minority whites to rule forever.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2008
The elections were NOT 'relatively fair'.
Where were you when Tsvangirai was complaining that his supporters were being hounded and beaten?

Go back and check, dude.
The first round were about as fair as you can get in Africa although I do agree that there were some discrepencies.
It was when Mugabe realised that he was going to lose the second round that he started targetting MDC supporters with his thugs.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 2:49am On Dec 11, 2008
Bastage:

Go back and check, dude.
The first round were about as fair as you can get in Africa although I do agree that there were some discrepencies.
It was when Mugabe realised that he was going to lose the second round that he started targetting MDC supporters with his thugs.

no they weren't, poll areas that were favorable to the opposition lacked election material or had to close early. there was already foul play before the election and the private media has basically been shut down in zimbabwe.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 2:53am On Dec 11, 2008
adconline:

texas

Do you really think that external forces can force him out of government?  Pro democracy groups are not as strong they were in Nigeria during Abacha era. We need  robust opposition. I remembered 5 man million march in Nigeria organised by folks like late Chidi Ubani, Gani,Falana,Soyinka,Pa Ajasin,  and co. Finally likes of Ekwueme held all politicians summit in ABuja and summoned the  courage to tell him to resign. The only formidable opposition is coming Morgan whose party is even split.

Or maybe they should look  at South Africans as their neighbours on how they fought apartheid. This kind of robust engagment of Zimbabweans has not been seen so much on public arena. Imagine millions of South Africans moving to Zimbawe during apartheid and allowing minority whites to rule forever.

did Nigerians facing outright starvation and astronomical inflation rates?
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by 4Play(m): 3:03am On Dec 11, 2008
Bastage:

Go back and check, dude.

This stems from the flawed notion that the fairness of an election is to be determined primarily by what goes on on polling day. Many elections are effectively rigged before polling day. Zimbabwe had an atmosphere of tyranny which expressed itself in a virtual media blackout for the opposition, violence and and intimidation, all of which combined to subvert the process.

Arguably, the preceding political atmosphere was worse than what you will find in most African states and by that measure, the elections, notwithstanding what happened on polling day alone, cannot be described as relatively fair.

The targeting of MDC supporters has been going on for years, long before the latest elections.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2008
I'm not suggesting for one moment that the first round of elections was totally free or fair, but I'm sticking to my guns that it was relatively free by African standards. I also don't dispute that MDC supporters have been targets for years. But evidence points to there being a lull prior to and during the first round of elections.
The intimidation and rigging didn't really start until the second round when Mugabe knew he was going to get his ass kicked.

Although I totally agree polling day alone is not an indicator of legitimacy, in the Zimbabwean case, the run-up to the first election was suprisingly free of intimidation and corruption - MDC held rallies, there were ralatively few reports of intimidation and no reports of major corruption. Mugabe thought he was going to walk it and totally underestimated the feelings of the people so he saw no need to really go to town on the opposition. Even the BBC (Mugabe's nemesis) stated that this was so. You can bet that they would have shouted to the rooftops if they had smelt a rat. They didn't.

One only has to compare international reaction between the first and second elections to see that my claim isn't irrational. Tsangerai probably wouldn't have stood in the first election if it was as bad as stated here and this is reinforced by the fact that he pulled out of the second when it did look like things were going that way.

I'm also not saying that Tsangerai is a bad man. He just doesn't have the charisma or the nous to take on Mugabe as has already been shown. A 51/49 split in the first election illustrates that fact.
When Zimbabwe gained independence, Mugabe went into a power sharing deal with Nkomo and almost immedaitely marginalised him. This is exactly what he's doing to Tsangerai. My beef is that there was a big precedent in history. Tsangerai should have seen this coming and had plans to deal with it. Instead, he's come out looking totally powerless and definitely not looking like the saviour he should be.

Zimbabwe needs an Obama. Instead they look to be stuck with a wallflower.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by delewu: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2008
I might be a bit naive about the mechanisms of international politics.
I'm however curious as to why the members of the African Union can not step in to provide a solution to our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Zimbabwe. Mugabe's most likely defense would be the old claim that it is an "INTERNAL MATTER" for which the sovereignty of his country should not be compromised.
However, in my opinion, that argument, if it was ever tenable, is less so now as the infected Zimbabwean citizens are spilling into neighboring South Africa to the south, Botswana to the southwest, Zambia to the northwest, and Mozambique to the east, putting an excessive strain on their health care systems and also endangering the lives of their own citizens with the disease. We should not wait untill the whole of the south west African region is infected with cholera before something is done.

Aside from that, the number of lives which have been lost and willl continue to be lost until something is done in that country should be enough justification for any type of action, be it military, political or a mass rally of the Zimbabwean people.

African leaders, if any of you is paying attention, the time is NOW for us to put a stop to Mugabe's reign of terror against his own people. For us Nigerians and citizens of other African countries, the continuation of a situation like this in Zimbabwe is but a smear to our identity as it shows the rest of the wlrd that we are a people who are not able to do what is right, even though it is staring at poit blank in the face. I sincerely hope that there is a change to this attitude from African people in general.

May God give us leaders who have the interest of the people at heart and are willing and able to fight for them. Amen
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 8:16am On Dec 12, 2008
the African Union is too weak to do anything. the people of Darfur learnt the hard way
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by thando(f): 10:38am On Dec 12, 2008
munya 4 zim president!!!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by princekevo(m): 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2008
Actually when i look at wht is happening in Zimbabwe it confims to me the statement of some some few elites that, as along as Africans depend on the westerners we would never move forward. And it make me think that the westerners are still in full control of africa. Am not justifying Mugabe's inability to move his country foward.
   Please lets get back to the history of Zimbabwe  from when Mugabe took over power. At wht point did the economy of Zimbabwe become so bad?
That was since he took back the lands from the white farmers and chase them out of Zimbabwe. Was it a right decision to make at that point in time? Wht prompted to such a decision?
   Why is it that non of the african countries benefited anything from its colonies? Look at hongkong that leased out their lands to the british for 100yrs. The British built all the sky scrapers for themselves,all the buitiful houses for themselve thinking 100yrs will never come. Jst like a twikle of an eyes.100yrs came and passed and the resident took back their lands with the buildings in accordance with their agreement.That is wht made hongkong wht it is today. 
   Please who is that great leader or economist in the world that could move a country forward after being excommunicated from all relevant union and international organisations. This has been one of the weapons the westerner has been using to remove african leaders for their own selfish reasons.
the same weapon they used against charls Taylor of Liberian.I know most African leaders do over stay their welcome on power but, using this same weapon make the mases suffer alot for years. I shed tears each time i read about wht is happening in Zimbabwe. Is like where two elephants fight only the poor grasses suffers for it. I think the people of Zimbabwe dosent deserve this after coming out from a horible experience in hands of their colony.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:51am On Dec 14, 2008
Bush, When will the Suffering for Americans end? End the war in Iraq and Afghanistan

Yarárdua, When will the suffering for Nigerians end ? Especially Nigerian youths!!!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:54am On Dec 14, 2008
I'm sure Mugagbe would leave of someone other than Tsangerai came forward.

I agree with what someone else said. Tsangerai is a toothless lion. He'll sell Zimbabwe to the Europeans.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 14, 2008
OBVIOUS:

Bush, When will the Suffering for Americans end? End the war in Iraq and Afghanistan

Yarárdua, When will the suffering for Nigerians end ? Especially Nigerian youths!!!
lol, like H202 said, bush was smart o. Did you see the way gas prices went down? I think it's now $2.09. . . .from 3.89 shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by OBVIOUS(m): 4:08am On Dec 14, 2008
I knooow oooh, everybody made some good oil money before he leaves.

In fact in some places, gas was 5:03, crazy right >
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by kokorunna(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2008
When the President is killed, their suffering will be over
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
princekevo:

Actually when i look at wht is happening in Zimbabwe it confims to me the statement of some some few elites that, as along as Africans depend on the westerners we would never move forward. And it make me think that the westerners are still in full control of africa. Am not justifying Mugabe's inability to move his country foward.
   Please lets get back to the history of Zimbabwe  from when Mugabe took over power. At wht point did the economy of Zimbabwe become so bad?
That was since he took back the lands from the white farmers and chase them out of Zimbabwe. Was it a right decision to make at that point in time? Wht prompted to such a decision?
   Why is it that non of the african countries benefited anything from its colonies? Look at hongkong that leased out their lands to the british for 100yrs. The British built all the sky scrapers for themselves,all the buitiful houses for themselve thinking 100yrs will never come. Jst like a twikle of an eyes.100yrs came and passed and the resident took back their lands with the buildings in accordance with their agreement.That is wht made hongkong wht it is today. 
   Please who is that great leader or economist in the world that could move a country forward after being excommunicated from all relevant union and international organisations. This has been one of the weapons the westerner has been using to remove african leaders for their own selfish reasons.
the same weapon they used against charls Taylor of Liberian.I know most African leaders do over stay their welcome on power but, using this same weapon make the mases suffer alot for years. I shed tears each time i read about wht is happening in Zimbabwe. Is like where two elephants fight only the poor grasses suffers for it. I think the people of Zimbabwe dosent deserve this after coming out from a horible experience in hands of their colony.

Go back in history in order that we may best judge the current situation in Zimbabwe? What good will that do the thousands who are dropping dead like flies from simple CHOLERA? You well so?? lol

It is the year 2008, we are not talking of a war zone, but of people dying of a plague all because one tiny african man refuses to accept that he no longer has what it takes to create the best life for his people. UGH!!!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by princekevo(m): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2008
Go back in history in order that we may best judge the current situation in Zimbabwe? What good will that do the thousands who are dropping dead like flies from simple CHOLERA? You well so?? lol

It is the year 2008, we are not talking of a war zone, but of people dying of a plague all because one tiny african man refuses to accept that he no longer has what it takes to create the best life for his people. UGH!!!

Even putting history aside i still maintain the fact that this stragtegy the westerner always uses to get rid of currupt leaders dos'nt work in Africa. Because our leaders are heartless.They should understand that we Africans dont value human life as they do.Ok they placed zimbabwe on sanctions from common wealth and other org.who suffers for it? Mugabe or any of his people?Only the poor mases suffers for it. We africa are wicked and heartless when it come to leadership that is why we always remain backward. Even if all the zimbabweans died of hunger Mugabe dosnt care.
The same thing happened in Liberian, thank God for wisdom of OBJ if not the whole Liberia would die of hunger and starvation while Charlse Taylor would still remain the president.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2008
princekevo:

[color=#006600]

Even putting history aside i still maintain the fact that this stragtegy the westerner always uses to get rid of currupt leaders dos'nt work in Africa. Because our leaders are heartless.They should understand that we Africans don't value human life as they do.Ok they placed zimbabwe on sanctions from common wealth and other org.who suffers for it? Mugabe or any of his people?Only the poor mases suffers for it. We africa are wicked and heartless when it come to leadership that is why we always remain backward. Even if all the zimbabweans died of hunger Mugabe dosnt care.
The same thing happened in Liberian, thank God for wisdom of OBJ if not the whole Liberia would die of hunger and starvation while Charlse Taylor would still remain the president.

What strategy? Zimbabwe can trade with China and many other countries out there, if it chooses. Is this not the same country that had a whole shipment of arms to come in back this march or was it may? Why should these sanctions, which should not affect Zimbabwe if it put it's resources to work for itself, continue to be reason for the failure in that country? Your people already used that excuse late last year. It did not work then and it is not going to work now. Banning a couple of people from leaving the country is not reason for an economy to continue to fail. Cutting off trade with some countries does not stop the country from trading with others. If Mugabe does not care, is it is not Mugabe and his people to deal with the consequence of their selecting him to continue to rule? Why this blind need to inject the west into areas we continue to fail at? You make it clear that Mugabe does not care for the welfare of the people he rules over, yet you turn around and open the same mouth to blame the west ?? Africa!!! When will you see light!!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Afam(m): 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2008
Is the West still talking about the economy of Zimbabwe being in shambles when monumental fraud is rocking Wall Street and the world economy is crumbling even with the support of IMF and World Bank. tongue

I guess the West should go and take lessons from Mugabe on how to manage a failing economy. grin At least the world conspired to kill Zimbabwe economy whereas the global financial crisis is due to lies, failed policies, manipulation etc.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 12:55am On Dec 18, 2008
Afam:

Is the West still talking about the economy of Zimbabwe being in shambles when monumental fraud is rocking Wall Street and the world economy is crumbling even with the support of IMF and World Bank. tongue

I guess the West should go and take lessons from Mugabe on how to manage a failing economy. grin At least the world conspired to kill Zimbabwe economy whereas the global financial crisis is due to lies, failed policies, manipulation etc.

can you explain how the destruction of the zimbabwean economy was a conspiracy?
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 18, 2008
kokorunna:

When the President is killed, their suffering will be over
Doesn't mean another Mugabe II won't be throned
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Afam(m): 7:17am On Dec 18, 2008
bawomolo:

can you explain how the destruction of the zimbabwean economy was a conspiracy?

I can but will not. If you do not know anything about the way World Bank, IMF and other Global financial institutions have been used against Zimbabwe then you will not gain anything by reading what I put down.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by princekevo(m): 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

What strategy? Zimbabwe can trade with China and many other countries out there, if it chooses. Is this not the same country that had a whole shipment of arms to come in back this march or was it may? Why should these sanctions, which should not affect Zimbabwe if it put it's resources to work for itself, continue to be reason for the failure in that country? Your people already used that excuse late last year. It did not work then and it is not going to work now. Banning a couple of people from leaving the country is not reason for an economy to continue to fail. Cutting off trade with some countries does not stop the country from trading with others. If Mugabe does not care, is it is not Mugabe and his people to deal with the consequence of their selecting him to continue to rule? Why this blind need to inject the west into areas we continue to fail at? You make it clear that Mugabe does not care for the welfare of the people he rules over, yet you turn around and open the same mouth to blame the west ?? Africa!!! When will you see light!!

Only people with shallow minds would put all the blame on mugabe.Go and read the history of zimbabwe till present. You will understand the stragtegy am talking about.
We might balme mugabe for not having the capacity to move the country foward under this sanctions and not letting some one else do the job. But the blame goes much to the west ?In the first place wht did Zimbabwe do that attracted the sanction? There is a cause to every effect man. Even african countries that had every support and free trade with all nation cant move foward not to talk the one that is being restricted from trading with major nation.
You mentioned them trading with china is that not funny.If u are a Nigerian or other African nationals please let Nigeria or which ever country u come from be sanctioned from common wealth and other organisation,no support from the IMF let see how far the economy could go. If u understand the objectives of common wealth and its important to nations you would not be saying that. Or do you think Zimbabwe is jst fold their hands and watch the economy shambled? Jst few weeks agao they introduce high currencies to see how they can reduce the inflation rate or do u think the oppositions who will sell the country out to the west are better. I Wish mugabe would yeild to hand over power to them lets see how far they can leed Zimbawe,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Even There Are Muslims in VATICAN! / Picture Strikes Fear In Kasi (community) / “hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.