Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,807 members, 7,930,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:44 AM

Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? (3843 Views)

92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD / Zimbabweans Thank Nigerians And Sahara Reporters For Thrashing President Mugabe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Afam(m): 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2008
Bastage:

@Afam

"Fabrications"? I make no claims that can't be easily verified by anyone who can be bothered to look.
You and the other Mugabe ass-kissers falsely claim that Zimbabwe is being destroyed by sanctions or because it is being refused money by the West.
Would you care to tell me by what logic the West has hurt Zimbabwe's people and how your good friend Bob is innocent of all charges?

Fabrications and claims are not the same thing. But to a confused person like you they may be seen as the same.

Seems you like licking and kissing asses because it seems you cannot do a complete post without making a reference to licking/kissing asses.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2008
Maybe you missed it, afam.

"Would you care to tell me by what logic the West has hurt Zimbabwe's people and how your good friend Bob is innocent of all charges?"
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by princekevo(m): 8:20am On Dec 23, 2008
Actually i decided not to go with this topic anymore but u still pretend as if u did go throught those link i gave to u.If you actually did u will understand that it got nothing to do with Iraq but Zimababwe. Maybe u can read abit of it here.

Sanctions on Zimbabwe: Africa Under Attack

By Connie White

The European Union and the American government have imposed sanctions on       Zimbabwe?  What is the main aim of these sanctions?  They are meant to       . . . weaken and remove the regime of  president Robert Mugabe.  Like other actions taken by institutions such as the International Monetary Fund and       the World Bank, they seek to pressure and impose a government on the people of Zimbabwe in the name of 'democratic elections.' (AfricanPerspective.com, Issue #51, Saturday February 3, 2002, "No Sanctions on Zimbabwe"wink

In 2002, the fifteen member states of the European Union decided to impose sanctions on Zimbabwe.  Sanctions are war without guns and bloodshed, and have limited, if any, effectiveness for changing behavior or governments of target countries.  (Working Papers 1997 of the Institute For International Economics).

On the other hand, sanctions target to kill or injure infants, children, the elderly, and the chronically ill.  (Ramsey Clark: Report to UN Security Council re: Iraq, January 26, 2000)

The Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act of 2001 states that US. sanctions will remain in place against the Zimbabwean "government" [euphemism for "the people"] until the US. president certifies that the "rule of law has been restored in Zimbabwe, including respect for ownership and title to property. . . and an end tolawlessness."  The US. government and its imperialist cohorts around the world are the ones who are "lawless" and defying the "rule of law" in Zimbabwe.  The Zimbabwean government has declared that it is against the law in Zimbabwe for 1 percent of the population in Zimbabwe -- i.e., white settler colonists -- to own 1/2 of the arable land, while 95 percent or more of the population in Zimbabwe are impoverished and without land.

Charles Rangels and Sheila Jackson-Lee of the Congressional Black Caucus of the Democratic Party support the lawlessness of the Zimbabwean White landed gentry and agri-capitalist in that they backed the Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act of 2001.  The only thing that Democratic Party members like Charles Rangels and Sheila Jackson-Lee are trying to recover in Zimbabwe are the economic interests of capital, and to maintain the presence of those interests in Zimbabwe.  The objective is not "democracy" and "economic recovery" in Zimbabwe.

Let's review the history of Zimbabwe lest we forget how European White settlers killed, plundered and stole in order to position themselves where they are today in Zimbabwe.

My guy go and read more probably u will understand why the economy of zimbabwe failed and is still failling today.
Those who understands the game that the US ,Britain and EU are playing will tell you that the sanction place on Zimbabwe is a smart and comprehensive one.Theoritically its looks simple but the effect can crash any country's economy.Wht are we talking about?
Mate bush can decieve u and few others but he can't decieve people like me and the whole world.
Listen if bush jst after 8 in power brought down Great American economy to level it is today.Then if he is in Mugabe's position the whole zimbabwe would have died of hunger and starvation by now.If you doubt it, lets give bush more 8yrs on power with present economic situation and wht he can do about it.I tell u before the end of that 8yrs Americans including u if u are there will start begging food on the street.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2008
What sanctions!!! And how do they affect the general population of Zimbabwe?

Are they so "smart" that you can't even explain what they are?

All you've done is post the same thing again saying that sanctions hurt. But yet again you haven't explained what they are or how they hurt.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Afam(m): 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2008
Bastage:

What sanctions!!! And how do they affect the general population of Zimbabwe?

Are they so "smart" that you can't even explain what they are?

All you've done is post the same thing again saying that sanctions hurt. But yet again you haven't explained what they are or how they hurt.

What sanctions? The type that mumus like you will never understand.

It's like talking to a complete idiot and expecting him to understand anthing.

Little wonder the quality of discussion on this forum is going down, even clowns now have access to computers.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Horus(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
Mugabe is right, Morgan Tsvangari is WHITE!
Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbED53iNrlY&feature=channel_page
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2008
What sanctions? The type that mumus like you will never understand.

LMAO. You're right. You don't understand them either.
If you did, you would be able to tell me what they are mugu.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 12:11am On Dec 24, 2008
countries like iran, cuba have been under harsher sanctions but magically are in a much better shape than zimbabwe. how do you pan-africanists nut explain this
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by sleekp1: 12:21am On Dec 24, 2008
bawomolo:

countries like iran, cuba have been under harsher sanctions but magically are in a much better shape than zimbabwe. how do you pan-africanists nut explain this

Well the rest of African nations are marginally better than Zimbabwe and they're not under any sanction.
How do you non pan-Africans explain that?
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 12:35am On Dec 24, 2008
sleek_p:

Well the rest of African nations are marginally better than Zimbabwe and they're not under any sanction.
How do you non pan-Africans explain that?

hmm can you list the African countries whose inflation rates are close to that of zimbabwe. can you list the african countries where the financial markets have broken down. what do you mean by the "rest". maybe it's me but i would rather rot in places like egypt, botswana etc rather than live in zimbabwe.

Nigeria faced similar sanctions during the Abacha era and didn't get this bad. zimbabwe's problems are more internal than external
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by sleekp1: 1:46am On Dec 24, 2008
bawomolo:

hmm can you list the African countries whose inflation rates are close to that of zimbabwe. can you list the african countries where the financial markets have broken down. what do you mean by the "rest". maybe it's me but i would rather rot in places like egypt, botswana etc rather than live in zimbabwe.

Nigeria faced similar sanctions during the Abacha era and didn't get this bad. zimbabwe's problems are more internal than external

These countries don't have sanctions imposed on them
Benin, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Mali,Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Lets see you relocate to one of them.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 6:02am On Dec 24, 2008
sleek_p:

These countries don't have sanctions imposed on them
Benin, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Mali,Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Lets see you relocate to one of them.

do those countries have similar inflation rates as zimbabwe?
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by landis(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2008

VERY VERY VERY WRONG.

let them LIFT SANCTION and you will see difference.

I work in a place that USA basically threaten we stop doing Business with Zim.

They not only IMPOSE sanction but BULLY others to follow(this you will never read in newspapers)

And we know SANCTION only suffer the people.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by princekevo(m): 10:33am On Dec 24, 2008
bawomolo:

Are u sure u were in Nigeria during Abacha regime or u were ignorant of the effect of Abacha regime on Nigerians economy? Abacha who under sanction did only loothing u should have gone to remote arears and see how may people that were dying of hunger and starvation during Abacha regime.Infact homes that were under hunger and starvation was time 3 of the zimbabwe population. Even today lets be realist how many african countries are free from wht is happening in Zimbabwe?Choloreah is killing 100's of people in Zimbabwe, 100's of died in jos crises and 100's of children diying of fake drugs in Nigeria, 1000's of people dying political and ethnic crises in congo, sudan,etc. Hundreds of civilians dying of hunger and starvation in Niger,mali etc. is Zimbabwe the only messed up country in africa or the leader different from other tyrants and greedy leader we have here in africa. Wht about countries like togo with the son of a tyrant who have held togo under captive for yrs, Paul biyah,all them Joseph Kabilahs. is Omar Bongo an exception? Or they want to telll me that this countries with this tyrants are better of than Zimbabwe.
All i still maitain is that zimbabwe pose no threat to the world politically,economically aa such deserve no sanction from the west. Their own person reasons for the sanctions is something that has been common with african leaders.

zimbabwe's problems are more internal than external
good u know that there is an external problem existing in Zimbabwe.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by princekevo(m): 10:36am On Dec 24, 2008
landis:

VERY VERY VERY WRONG.

They not only IMPOSE sanction but BULLY others to follow(this you will never read in newspapers)

Please tell them that dont understand the politics that goes on in the world.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2008
Will one of the Mugabe apologists please tell me exactly what these sanctions are.

Thank-you.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by landis(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2008
Bastage:

Will one of the Mugabe apologists please tell me exactly what these sanctions are.

Thank-you.

sample:
No country allowed to sell PMS(Petrol) to Zim.

Let Nigeria sell crude-oil or PMS to Zim and see what USA would do to Naija.

The last company in Germany that was printing their money was FORCED to STOP by pressure from US/UK on Merkel.

A spokesman for Giesecke and Devrient, Hieko Witzke, contacted by telephone at the company's offices in Munich, Germany, said the company had decided to immediately stop supplying Zimbabwe as the result of a recent request by the German government. "We decided to cease deliveries to the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe yesterday," he said. "We have taken the decision in response to an official German government request and international calls for sanctions from the European Union and United Nations."

Now you have it:

WEST would have all Zimbabwe people die just because of Mugabe!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Afam(m): 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2008
landis:

sample:

Let Nigeria sell crude-oil or PMS to Zim and see what USA would do to Naija.

The last company in Germany that was printing their money was FORCED to STOP by pressure from US/UK on Merkel.

Now you have it:

@Landis,

God bless you real good.

Well, it is good you went that far to state the obvious, this guy Bastage has been trying to deceive people on this forum that there are indeed no sanctions.

Why some of us support wickedness is what I don't know.

Just as all the bad and wicked policies of the West are beginning to crumble one day this too will crumble.

@Bastage,

Luckily for you someone decided to put some of these sanctions in black and white. Let us see if you have anything to put down unless you will stick to your many lies and fabrication.

And take your own advice, stick to the issue at least for once without any lies (that is if you can).
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2008

That is not true.
The big petroleum companies still operate in Zimbabwe. The oil still flows through the Mozambique pipelines. There are no oil sanctions.

It should be noted that ordinary Zimbabweans have not had access to oil for years though. It is the preserve of the military and Mugabe's cronies. So you can burble on about oil sanctions and Afam (in his ignorance [but that's only to be expected]) can congratulate you, but the fact is that there are no such sanctions.

Refusing to print the ludicrous bank-notes that Mugabe requires to keep himself in power is harming ordinary people how? And why should a German company print those notes? Notice also that the government "requested" them to stop. Sanctions aren't "requests" they are "orders".

And yes. There may be "international calls for sanctions from the European Union and United Nations" but that's precisely what they are - calls. If sanctions were already in place, they would have no need to call for them would they? Logic.

No. Mugabe would have all Zimbabwe people die just to stay in power.

Try again.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2008
Luckily for you someone decided to put some of these sanctions in black and white.

Yeah. It's just unfortunate that it's not true, isn't it? grin
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Afam(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
It is really disturbing to note that a normal human being would maintain that there are no sanctions imposed on Zimbabwe. It seems monkeys have been given access to this forum.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2008
There are no oil sanctions imposed on Zimbabwe.

If there are, would you like to show me a source on the internet that says otherwise?

Put up or shut up, mugu.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 12:21am On Dec 25, 2008
landis:

VERY VERY VERY WRONG.

so what's going to chance in zimbabwe after the sanctions are improved. would the skilled workers return? will white zimbabweans return with their capital.  would land be handed over to legitimate FARMERS.  would free and fair elections be held. why isn't cuba and iran as bad as zimbabwe?

please answer this questions.

Infact homes that were under hunger and starvation was time 3 of the zimbabwe population. Even today lets be realist how many african countries are free from wht is happening in Zimbabwe?

lies, Nigeria hasn't had a food crisis similar to that of zimbabwe. except u go back to the biafra war. what's up with you guys hyperbole.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by landis(m): 12:52am On Dec 25, 2008
bawomolo:

so what's going to chance in zimbabwe after the sanctions are improved. would the skilled workers return? will white zimbabweans return with their capital. would land be handed over to legitimate FARMERS. would free and fair elections be held. why isn't cuba and iran as bad as zimbabwe?

lies, Nigeria hasn't had a food crisis similar to that of zimbabwe. except u go back to the biafra war. what's up with you guys hyperbole.

you dont know Zim. It is a lovely place with enough mineral resources.

Capital will flow back to negotiate with mugabe for mineral concentions.

this alone will trigger enough HARD currency for them to turn economy around.

MUGBABE should retire but he his NOT THE PROBLEM BUT SANCTIONS.

SANCTION is mainly from US/UK and they bully others to follow like German govt telling the printing company not to do business. Where is the FREE TRADE??

there is nothing to discuss anymore about Zim.

Abacha stole $3bil but WEST turn him to a monster but OBJ stole $16bill and wipe-out ODI village UN gave him a job.
From the above, who did WEST make most money from?

Mubarak is worst than Mugabe but so long he satisfies the WEST, he is good man.

Wake up, AFRICANS!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Dec 25, 2008
landis:

[size=13pt]Abacha stole $3bil but WEST turn him to a monster but OBJ stole $16bill and wipe-out ODI village UN gave him a job.[/size]
From the above, who did WEST make most money from?

The statement in bold confirms that you were no where near Nigeria or maybe you were just a baby when Abacha was in Office. I can not for the life of me believe how anyone who actually lived in Nigerian during the years of " Egiri le ti, e yon lo n je be" could make such a statement. aaaargghh!!
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 1:23am On Dec 25, 2008
you don't know Zim. It is a lovely place with enough mineral resources.

so is congo and guinea, it's one thing to have mineral resources, it's another thing to have the capability to manage them. the skilled labor and capital required to manage mineral resources have long left zimbabwe.

Capital will flow back to negotiate with mugabe for mineral concentions.

yeah the same capital that has made Nigeria and Angola great countries. against, those capital usually end up in the pockets of you know who.

this alone will trigger enough HARD currency for them to turn economy around.

and how would that stop hyper inflation in zimbabwe?

Mubarak is worst than Mugabe but so long he satisfies the WEST, he is good man.

who carers about the WEST when the state of an African nation is the issue. whether it be egypt, libya, zimbabwe or Nigeria, bad governance shouldn't be accepted
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by princekevo(m): 7:24am On Dec 25, 2008
bawomolo:

so what's going to chance in zimbabwe after the sanctions are improved. would the skilled workers return? will white zimbabweans return with their capital.  would land be handed over to legitimate FARMERS.  would free and fair elections be held. why isn't cuba and iran as bad as zimbabwe?

will white zimbabweans return with their capital

My God I jst discovered that some Africans has finally turn theirselves into whites slave.Please tell me is there anything like White Zimbabweans b4 the colonization?Wht capital are u talking about?The one they brought from British or the one they made from Zimbabwe, using zimbabweans as slaves in their own land while pulling the interest back to britain?If Zimbabweans welcome them out of ignorance and gave them all the freedom to use them as slave in their on land dose it mean they should remain slave forever?My Man u really need to go back to the history of zimbabwe and to the point of their new act on land redistribution.Probably u will see reason for land redistribution act.If not for the sanctions Zimbabwe were better off being ruled by mugabe instead of remains slaves in the hands of the so called white zimbabweans.

This shows me,
sorry to say that you are being fed with silver spoon or probably u are ignorant of wht is happening in Nigeria even today. Even today how many families in Nigeria can afford 2 square meal per day? Do u know how many families that goes to bed with empty stomach?
Garri we produce by ourselves which  was a poor man's food, how many families can buy enough to make a complete ration? If you have being a bread winer of a home u will understand that even at the present Nigeria is suffering under food crises. Or is it becoz God gave Nigerian citizens one courage that i love so much which is suffering and  smilling. If not for that u will see wht would have happened to the so called Nigeria. Stop being decieved don't think u are better than than zimbabwe. The 6 largest oil producing nations with many other mineral resources, where as its citizens goes to bed with empty stomach.

U mentioned all the Iran, cuba being under sanction and havin better economy why didnt u compare iran economy to that of Nigeria or Angola with oil but not under any sanction.Iran is the 4th oil producing and exporting nation in the world.They have got wht the whole world needs, very soon they will start exporting Uranium to other country.So u can see it nothing to compare with any african country not even to talk of comparing it that of zimbabwe.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Horus(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2008
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svEQ4BxDyvY&feature=related[/flash]

Is Cholera in Zimbabwe a Biological Warfare Attack?
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by Bastage: 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2008
SANCTION is mainly from US/UK and they bully others to follow like German govt telling the printing company not to do business. Where is the FREE TRADE??

I'll ask you again.
What sanctions and how do they affect the people of Zimbabwe?
You assert that there are oil sanctions. Please post the evidence.
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by bawomolo(m): 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2008
My God I jst discovered that some Africans has finally turn theirselves into whites slave.Please tell me is there anything like White Zimbabweans before the colonization?Wht capital are u talking about?The one they brought from British or the one they made from Zimbabwe, using zimbabweans as slaves in their own land while pulling the interest back to britain?If Zimbabweans welcome them out of ignorance and gave them all the freedom to use them as slave in their on land dose it mean they should remain slave forever?My Manchester United really need to go back to the history of zimbabwe and to the point of their new act on land redistribution.Probably u will see reason for land redistribution act.If not for the sanctions Zimbabwe were better off being ruled by mugabe instead of remains slaves in the hands of the so called white zimbabweans.

can you answer my questions, would white zimbabweans return with their capital? fact remains, zimbabwe began to crumble, after whites left with all their money in the bank. zimbabwe is bare without them, just like uganda was nothing without those asian traders. all the slave talk is rubbish. zimbabwe aren't feeling so happy being slaves of Zanu-PF.

sorry to say that you are being fed with silver spoon or probably u are ignorant of wht is happening in Nigeria even today. Even today how many families in Nigeria can afford 2 square meal per day? Do u know how many families that goes to bed with empty stomach?
Garri we produce by ourselves which was a poor man's food, how many families can buy enough to make a complete ration? If you have being a bread winer of a home u will understand that even at the present Nigeria is suffering under food crises. Or is it becoz God gave Nigerian citizens one courage that i love so much which is suffering and smilling. If not for that u will see wht would have happened to the so called Nigeria. Stop being decieved don't think u are better than than zimbabwe. The 6 largest oil producing nations with many other mineral resources, where as its citizens goes to bed with empty stomach.

rather than rambling about rubbish, y don't you answer my questions. how does sanctions turn a country from being a food basket to importer? did the sanctions cause dought? Nigerians under Abacha still had a much better food situation. at least dangote supplies us with food, all zimbabwe has is the UN and US aid. now that's suffering. how does sanctions cause inflation
Re: Mugabe, When Will The Suffering Of Zimbabweans End? by sleekp1: 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2008
bawomolo:

did the sanctions cause dought?
Did Mugabe cause drought? You negate your points by turning Mugabe to a deity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING News; Israel Faces Toughest Attack From Gaza In History (video) / Too Hot: Female Russian Spy Disguising As Girlfriend To Ukrainian Pilot Busted / Even There Are Muslims in VATICAN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.