Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,259 members, 7,936,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:49 AM

Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. (3721 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late / 10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Joel3(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2014
Ruq:

You can change it.

red101 I get where you're coming from. That feeling keeps popping up whenever I see pictures of others doing great, then the thought of my age and my current position comes to mind, I will always wish I was younger, because I feel there are some things I know now which would have helped me reached my goal earlier had I known them. Worse thing is I also feel I should have been reflecting in the lives of others, this just gets me depressed most times.
Now I just make up my mind to be logical about everything that happens in my life and continue finding solutions to whatever happens to me. Then I stopped wishful thinking, and luck cuz I don't think they help in situations like this.

About my goals I still feel their attainable despite the place I'm at now, all I have to do is be disciplined enough to pursue it and not deviate from the goal. I just feel I could have been there earlier. Just has its been said there could be reasons we're still where we are. I guess this is what makes you a tough cookie. And about the picture you see on social networks, most of'em are fakes, and just as you and I will do, I too would definitely put up pictures of the made era not the times of the struggle.
I believe whoever has this kind of thought wants more out of life than they are getting, and you'll definitely get there, you just have to constantly ignore the current position and move on. that's what I'm doing, it could be annoying at times, but I think we just have to continue, I don't believe in anything as a bad destiny, or destined to be poor and ish, those are crap people use to enslave others from reaching their potential.

Wish you a productive and successful 2015
I am not sayin one should stay back without working hard or doing anything. But they are limit to issue. The world you sees today has already happened. You need to be spiritual enough.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Ruq: 11:28am On Dec 27, 2014
Joel3:
I am not sayin one should stay back without working hard or doing anything. But they are limit to issue. The world you sees today has already happened. You need to be spiritual enough.

If the world we are in has already happened, then our existence is an illusion were we think we control our lives. It just doesn't add up. If I go by that same thought of the world I live in as a replay, I wouldn't stress myself half bit.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Joel3(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2014
Ruq:

If the world we are in has already happened, then our existence is an illusion were we think we control our lives. It just doesn't add up. If I go by that same thought of the world I live in as a replay, I wouldn't stress myself half bit.
check the account of your lord Jesus. When he was on earth He has no control over is life. But he live to fulfill the account that nature has for him. Everything about him has already happened before he came to earth and the account of his disciples as well.

An example is that.

now How I wish you have power to see future. you will know or understand what I am talking about.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Adecephas(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
I'm sure you're not where you were at the beginning of the year and i want you to know that you can still achieve your goals regardless of your age. There is such a thing as restoration. God has a way of restoring His own. Try to measure success from God's standpoint and not what you see on social media as we all have different paths to thread on in the fulfillment of our destinies. Keep up the faith, do the planting and watering and watch God give the superb increase.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Etetejake(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
Joel3:
op red101. This are one of the topics I am really attracted to. Have you ever heard of the word nature is God and God is nature? the God of nature and destinies?

Its real. When you start believing in it then you will understand that all those your plans are likely to be trashed.

I have plans this year but they didn't happened. Nature don't want them it has is own decision for me life.

Nature is what decide for you. just like a computer game which someone else holding the pads and control the game..

What I am sayin is inDirectly You have little control over you life. 90% or the main thing is controlled by nature. Just like you never choose to come to this earth and the family you came out from where all decided by nature, it wanted to use it for something. And nature will end it at it will where it want it to be.

If you are not destined to be rich. Nothing you can do and absolutely nothing any one can do or any power can help.

When you begin to understand what nature has for you. Your life will be easier to plan things accordingly with what nature wants. Rather than wasting your time with dreams that will never happens. Bleep those your prayer dreams. No prayer or miracles can change that purpose of what nature has for your life. When nature through with you then you will know what is life.

There are people who tried to go to school by all means. But nature don't approve that but program something else. Such a person will end up westing the life for chasing academic and at the end the school will not get any head.

Forget about witches and wizard. They can only oppress you because nature want it so, nature put them in your family and way. Those are the tools nature uses to fulfill it curse. To control your destiny to where it want it to be not what you want. I like you Maybe you may want to be my friend to learn more about nature.

Things are not there for nothing. But for a purpose. Your life is not yours. Otherwise you would have choose where to be. Your husband is some where already waiting nature says so.

Search for nature and ask what it want with your life and learn to program your plan accordingly. Your life will be easier as you learn to love it not because you really love what nature decide for you. But live with what nature says will help your mentality.

I believe I helped a soul with this intelligent discussion.

Thanks

U nearly convinced me until u said everything where designed to be the way they are.

I have some questions for u

1 If everything ar designed to b the way the ar y is God always angry with his ppl weneva d sin against Him if He designed us to make that mistake?
2 y shouldn't I b agry with God for designing(making) me loose my dad
Your advise is misleading. it is just like asking me not to run when been pursued by a mad man with a knife. It's telling me not to struggle to b somebody but to wait on fate to make me whatever I was designed to b. Ar u saying Jonathan wether education or no education he must become a president bkx Destiny said so?

The main question now is "what is the gain of playing a match whose score has already been known? Life is nothing without struggling for something. If u wait on anything to make something out of u then u ar as good as nothing. The dreams we have are who we really are but we can't get there without first trying to scale thruogh. without firsttrying to prove we deserve to b there. A lot of ppl have die with there destiny not bkx it was designed to b but bkx maybe they choose the wrong way, they couldn't have patience,they were at the wrong place ay the wrong time or bkx the dark one knows that their destiny may bring about his failure. There are countless forces fighting against our destiny and that is y we can't achieve so easily. The greater the. destiny the greater the evil forces. I dream to b somewhere tomorrow and i know I will b there if only I hold patience my side, I keep beeng loyal to God and daily improving and filling myself with determination.lastly, not loosing hope and knowing that some discouragments are ment to scare u away from your set goals. Just know this. thw devil never want us to achieve anything no matter ho small. And that u can't gain anything from God without proving how faithful u are to Him. Jesus suffered pains that we. may blv. So u will pass thru lota pain that u may receive.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Etetejake(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
red101:
Earlier on in life, in my teenage years, I had dreams and hopes of what my life would look like by the time I turn 25. Well, man proposes, God disposes.. my life doesn't look at all like what I had dreamed. I am partially disappointed and feel a lot less idealistic as if I lost that sense of "yeah I can do whatever I set my mind to do." How many of you feel this way? Have you accomplished what you set out to accomplish, are you on the right path to your dreams or have your goals totally changed? How did you handle or deal with it? Please share your stories because they can be encouraging.
What makes the situation worse is that now you have facebook, instagram etc and you can see how your friends seem to have perfect lives and the feeling of inadequacy begins to take hold because you start comparing yourself...
Anybody in the same boat as me?
Are you where you thought you would be? Do you still have future goals or you gave up on creating them and are now just going with the flow grin

It is got to compare. Healthy comparison help motivates u. every disappointment is a blxn. the fear of failure made many to be successful. It takes a successful man to make another. When I was in secondary school, it is only the fear to make a second position that helped me hold on to first till I was out of secondary school. I took extra measures to achieve that. So my friend, move on and never loose hope. we will all get there. Just blv in God, yourself and your dreams. Know this, that all this our successful men and women don't have two heads just that the height they attain wasn't by a sudden flight but by blv in what will make their dreams come true. in themselves and God. It is never easy to b somebady and anything that come easy is nothing bkx even a blind man can get it. much luv.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
This time last year,I had this year scripted out.
But here I'm in a totally different situation.
Most of my thoughts and wishes blacked out.
But today,this hour,I am thankful for any condition.

Again this year,this day,I tried proposing how next year would be.
But I gave up because whatever I propose would not be if it is'nt meant to be.

My fingers are crossed.
The remaining of 2014 numbered.
Waiting for next year, so I can just sit and watch events unfold themselves.

THE LORD BE OUR STRENGTH.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Veralaw:

My fingers are crossed.

This has inspired my last for the year.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
Scrypt:

This has inspired my last for the year.

Danke smiley
Dance and sing,
Rejoice and swing.
There's more to be greatful for,
It wasn't like this before.

If what I wish for didn't come,then it's not because I didn't deserve it,but because I deserved better and that's why his thoughts are of good and not otherwise..
Like you would say,cheers.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by ohaleoghene(f): 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
going through the thread,I weep. well I am not where I have always wished to be,but I thank God...my case is different, i made a silly mistake,is like starting all over. I have faith still that I will be that person I want to be. I have my head up high,taking risk and asking Jesus to drive! even when we trust God, we still have to plan and only hope ...God is still in the business of changing lives,and mine definitely will be great. nairalanders,pray for me.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by red101(f): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
Veralaw:

My fingers are crossed.

Yes, my dear.. in fact, one of the reasons i made this topic is because i recently made a career/financial/academic goal plan for 2015-2017. in reflecting on this plan, i just suddenly became a bit depressed and anxious knowing that there is a chance that my plans will not come to fruition especially since where i am today is not where i had planned few yrs ago but i can't afford to just sit and watch. i have to try my best to follow through with my plans, stay prayerful and come up with a plan B just in case plan A doesn't work perfectly. i have received a lot of encouragement from you guys and i'm sure we are all encouraging each other.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by addictiv(m): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
Joel3:
well i am not here to argue. If you oppose to my believe and the fact that's your own.

If you think I am wrong then wish yourself to be the first lady of nigeria within 20 years time and make it come to pass as you said you have control over your life.
Why aim for first lady when she can be the president. If she sets her mind to it. And diligently work towards her goal by taking consistent daily action. There is nothing that would stop her, even the almighty would crown her efforts. We tend to underestimate ourselves and our capabilities. All you need to succeed is unwavering belief that you can be successful backed up with a plan and consistent action towards achieving your dream.

2 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by red101(f): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
Etetejake:

It is got to compare. Healthy comparison help motivates u. every disappointment is a blxn. the fear of failure made many to be successful. It takes a successful man to make another. When I was in secondary school, it is only the fear to make a second position that helped me hold on to first till I was out of secondary school. I took extra measures to achieve that. So my friend, move on and never loose hope. we will all get there. Just blv in God, yourself and your dreams. Know this, that all this our successful men and women don't have two heads just that the height they attain wasn't by a sudden flight but by blv in what will make their dreams come true. in themselves and God. It is never easy to b somebady and anything that come easy is nothing bkx even a blind man can get it. much luv.

hmm...true words.
i remember we used to recite that saying every morning many years ago in primary school: "the height that great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upwards in the night." i didn't even know what it really meant back then. so much inspiration and encouragement on this thread. i just feel rejuvinated.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by kelvinmuffins3(m): 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
It is not how far but how well.

Op! We human are meant to have difficult times and nobody as ever had a smooth journey to success or to life. Believe in yourself and all you want will come to pass even if it takes much time to accomplish it.

Faith is all you need to get higher in life with great wings.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
At age 25 I had achieved none of my life goals instead I was:

1. Diagnosed with a terminal disease ( I survived)

2. I was earning less than N20,000 ( the season passed)

3. My long term relationship was falling to pieces before my very eyes ( It was for the best)

I was depressed and felt hopeless. My mates were getting on well, most had bank jobs, I chose to be a poor social worker.

Most were getting married and having kids, I couldnt even understand why a relations I had nutured which everyone including I assumed would end in a fairy tale was becoming a nightmare

Career wise I was stagnant

I was hurt, pained and cried to God " Have I offended you God? Have I not done all you asked me to do?" "I make mistakes but am I the worst sinner?"

God must have been laughing at me then because he knew what he was doing with my life through these challenges.

Things didnt even pick up till years later, when ever I tried to give up God will carry me through somehow. More broken relationships, more difficult financial moments, reoccuring illneSs but God has turned my ashes to beauty today.
Through my pain I have learned uncountable life lessons, I have learned God made me strong and didnt make me to break, If none of that could break me NOTHING CAN OR WILL.

Life is not a 100 meters dash, sometimes you are ahead sometimes you are behind, focus on your own race never loose track. Be honest, be diligent, if you are religious trust God and not man, Man even so called men of God may decieve and fail you, study your bible or Quaran by yourself, meditate on it.

The finest gold goes through the hottest fire

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 28, 2014
Like someone said -

I just live.
It's okay to live, to just be.

It's okay to feel joy and feel hurt, to be fully present in both. It's okay to have dreams and expectations that have died or waned prematurely. It's okay to succeed and fail, to rise and fall. It's okay.

My humanity, My Divinity.
They go hand in hand.

I may not have it all. I may feel like I'm missing out on so many things, but I'll keep on anyway.

His sovereign hand always guides, even where my feet may fail.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by MOG6670(m): 7:27pm On Apr 04
Yes I know and I'm praying for a better 2015. smiley

Yesterday I didn't go out and for sometime I've been thinking.....2014 is almost over and I'm not where I've always imagined I will be but after I saw your post, I decided to go out for a cup of ice cream. Tomorrow will surly be better. smiley
well! It's about 9yrs now, how is the journey so far?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Maids Necessary? Read This Woman's Experience. / Black Women Who Cheat White Men: Nemesis Isn't Asleep! / Lost Between My Wife And Best Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.