Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:26 PM

Importance Of Following Your Interests - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Importance Of Following Your Interests (743 Views)

Importance Of Industrial Chemistry To Nigeria And The Entire World / Thread For Facilities Managers And Interests / Architectural Model Making.. It's Importance In The Development Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Following Your Interests by bestads(m): 1:25am On Dec 26, 2014
One of the most important things in life is to follow whatever interests you. Many people do a certain job because their parents told them or just because they can earn a lot of money. However, at the end they find that they do not like this job and that they are doing a very bad job and eventually be fired or laid off. Others have to take an extremely long path in order to find the perfect job just because their parents told them that they had to do a certain job but later found out that they disliked the job. Some others eventually end up in the circle and after years of schooling and spending money, they end back up in square one.

First of all, it is important to follow what interest you. Ignore what your parents, family or peers have to say. If you want to become a certain thing, you go and do that. If you are interested in something, you will be much more prone to do a good job and continue wanting to achieve that no matter how much work it may take. At least you would not end up in square one after six years of studying. Even if what you do takes a long time to reach and it is no doubt that you will reach obstacles in the middle, but you will eventually be happy in what you do. If you take six years to be a job that you dislike, even if you reach that you will not be happy because you will be dreading work every single morning. By following what you like, you will be able to wake up every morning and be satisfied and happy and be willing to go to work.

Secondly, some people just want to please their parents and they eventually find that they do not suit this job and they go and try to find another job. However, by then, it is already too late. Everyone at your age would have graduated and you would have just started. Also, many companies would prefer younger people so you will have a disadvantage. In addition, think about the amount of money you will have to spend. It is crazy and tuition fees are very expensive nowadays.

In short, is important to follow your dreams not someone else’s dreams. This is your life. You only live once so make it the best of it.
Re: Importance Of Following Your Interests by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Nice!

You'll be the only one to have the full consequences of your actions/decisions either good or bad!

So make a decision best suited for you!
Re: Importance Of Following Your Interests by bestads(m): 3:31am On Dec 27, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
Nice!

You'll be the only one to have the full consequences of your actions/decisions either good or bad!

So make a decision best suited for you!

Life is a choice and every man is the product of the choices he makes
Re: Importance Of Following Your Interests by Emmanuson: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
I fall in the category of the second outline point. I did d course my parent want me to do just to please them
Re: Importance Of Following Your Interests by bestads(m): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Emmanuson:
I fall in the category of the second outline point. I did d course my parent want me to do just to please them

it is not the course that you studied, that will determine your success in life...But pursuing what you love doing wether you studied it or not, afterall Dangote did not study cement manufacturing nor did he study sugar,salt or rice making or selling.

Bill gates did not study computer science neither Did michael Dell of DELL Computers study computer science. Pastor Adeboye and Pastor Kumuyi studied mathematics.

Go back to God and ask Him to show you what He created you to do according to Isaiah 48vs 17.

Get books like 1 Following God's plan for your life by Kenneth Hagin and Ruling Your world By David Oyedepo.

thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel / Internship Position Required / Where Are The Female Prominent Lawyers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.