Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,291 members, 7,887,860 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:20 PM

Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? (7006 Views)

Who's Watching CNN Now!! / Buhahri Is On Cnn Now ,afraid To To Look Up And Face The Camera (pics) / I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
nigerianvenom:

those are the 2 u can remember,right?
u forgot easily what he also said when he went to ekiti and lagos during campaign?
quoting gej that he said "stealing is not corruption" is like quoting a bible portion which says "u shall prosper" without reading wrote prior to that statement.did u managed to read what he said prior to that?
i'm not here to convinced u nor anyone either.but all i can say is that if the north feels gej cant rule them,they should also know that if gej faila to complete his tenure,no single litre of oil will be lifted from the niger delta not to talk of a barrel of oil.
no one owns the monopoly to violence.

niger deltans are not crazy to kill themselves but lets see how buhari will use agriculture money from d north to run d affairs of nigeria.
gej is d most silence President in d history of nigeria,yet many of u are forcing negative statements into his mouth.

have u ever bothered to ask ur elders what buhari did during his terror rule?

I asked my dad. Nobody hates Buhari more than him. But I am a Buhari supporter. One thing is for sure though buhari is a no nonsense leader. In his time he dealt wiv everybody including northerners. If he rules right now, even Tinubu should watch his back cus Buhari is ruthless. Buhari is coming back on a revenge mission. That is the only issue I have wiv him. He will spend the next four years "that's if he doesn't die before he completes it" chasing thieves and old politicians neglecting the economy and other issues.

Jonathan to me is an accidental leader. He is surrounded by truants. He might have a good heart for this nation but he is just surrounded by the wrong people who in turn are making him look like a bad leader. That's just why I don't want him there. The other day he complained of getting all sorts of advise. If some people keep advising u wrongly, u are meant to do away wiv them not keep them and complain.
Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
This thread, and even the slimmest chance that these rumors are going round nauseated me.
Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by Kolade354(m): 12:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
lygn19:
what re d root causes of d first civil war... re they the same with the circumstances ryt now... northerners I pity una ryt now Nigeria is at peace u can't curb d boko haram menace but u guys re intending to start another one imagine were der is killing in d south were by southerners re killing ur brothers down here and d ones who run back north run into another boko haram situation where boko haram re killing u ppl everyday... who is to loose... is it me or u?...
see fool writing epistle to me........I rep west coast. Ask one thing from God ability to see what otherz cant see.It will be like a dream when the millitary take over.
Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
@AllIgbos, Hausas, Yorubas and Fulanis, commenting over tribal issues such as this has become/becoming a vicious circle and nothing will ever change. Interestingly, nobody seems to realise that our tribal problem remained in the same state over the years cos we failed to address the root of these problems. I ll try to address each problem and proffer what i think should be a solution to the problem.

First on my list, Igbos and Hausas need to come to a roundtable to resolve their differences. Imams, Emirs and Political leaders from the North and Obis, Revs and political leaders from the East need to come to a roundtable to discuss the future of their regions. Historically, Prior to 60s coup, the problems between the North and d East started as result of Igbos using all sort of degoratory words on Hausas/Fulanis, even went as far as rubbing all the insults on Hausas/Fulanis faces. The northerners' civil service, most of their civil jobs in the North were given to Igbo and Yoruba Graduates until Northerners started noticing how Igbos were becoming domineering in every sectors of their economy and not only that, Igbos were insulting them at every little provocation.................This eventually led to a riot in which load of Igbos businesses and investment were lost. Element of religion equally contributed to this riot as well but that a story for another day..............

Secondly, in the first republic, the Igbos coup which led to the death of Northern and Western political leaders(West seems to have moved on though) really made Northerners to hate anything named Igbos. The jubilation of ordinary Igbos on the street of Kano made Hausas/Fulanis more angrier and this resulted to another riot in which thousands of Igbos were killed. The event after this coup showed that it was an Igbos coup(the transffering of the coup plotters to the East and Aguiyi Ironsi refusal to kill them.......) but Igbos tried to colour the coup as if was a non Igbos coup but it was obvious to the boys in the Army and even a mere civilian outside Igbo region that it was all Igbo coup and that is why loads of Igbos officers were killed in the subsequent coup.

Hausas/Fulanis have killed so many Igbos and even Yorubas in course of venting their anger on Igbos; destroyed load of Igbos properties in the North so as to appeal to themselves. Hausas/fulanis have no forgiving spirit unlike Yorubas and the religion does not even help the whole situation despite the fact that Igbos are now doing their businesses within their boundary. Hausas/Fulanis are still pained and that is why i am suggesting that Imams, Rev Fathers, political leaders of both regions should come together to address these issues. And i think Igbos should apologise for the killing of Northern political leaders and Hausas /Fulanis should equally apologise for death of all the Igbos that had been killed in the North over the years. After this exercise, Northern Imams and political figures could then go back to the North and let their followers who are the ones that always carry out this massacre to know that everything has been settled. Peace is reigning between Igbos and Hausas/Fulanis in the North today cos Igbos' attitude towards territorial space has changed over the years.

However, what led to all what i listed up there in the north is gradually evolving in the West. The Igbos have shifted their focus from the North to the Western people who are more tolerant and accommodating than Northerners. I have begged Igbos here not to allow history to repeat itself cos your family and my family lives would be at stake here. I prayed against this not cos of Yorubas but the innocent Igbos businessmen and women who have invested all their lives in the West. It ll be disastrous(In terms of their businesses, lives, properties, children who are born in the West, their education, friends, cousin and etc)for the Igbos if they eventually manage to bring another war between themselves and Yorubas and they would eventually lose everything.

I want Igbos to search within their soul and tell themselves the truth, why us among everybody? In reality, if you are always at war with your few friends as an individual, then there would be a need for you to check yourself instead of attributing all your shortcomings to a Jealousy at the part of your friends. There is a popular saying "Treat people as you want to be treated"; Igbos want to become Governors/deputy governor in other region without giving other people from other region a slight chance to become a mere Councillor in their own region. who does that? Let me cite last Anambra election as an indicator of what other regions' belief/assertion about Igbos, Igbos rejected their good son in the person of Ngige simply cos of his association with Yoruba/Hausa/fulanis Party; not only did they reject him, they practically went all out to announce how much they hate that Yoruba/Hausa Party. How do you expect your neignbours to feel about these utterances? If Igbos could do this to their own blood simply cos of his association, then, what is the hope of an ordinary Yoruba, Hausa and Fulanis man in the East? Igbos really need to attract peace to themselves by desisting from uttering tribal utterances to their host communities/regions. If i give you a flat in my compound, does that give your children who were born in my compound the right to my WILL after death? No i presumed. Igbos should cultivate an habit of respecting their host regions and stay within their boundary. Take a look at Hausas/Fulanis and South South people in South West, they hardly make provocative statement or tribal utterances, these people are not less Nigerian neither are they stupid nor useless but chose to respect their hosts so as to live in peace. If animals could kill other animals over territories, if your little children, nieces and nephews could fight over their territories, how much more You and I. Even God does not joke with his territory and that is why he says " Do not worship another gods".

Finally, No matter how strong/fragile you are, don't ever pick a fight with your landlord cos if you do, you ll need to leave his house either you like it or not. Igbos should remember that if a war break out today in the North and d West, their brothers and sisters would heavily lose out. Igbos' investment and properties would either be destroyed or seized and there is nothing almighty UNITED NATION would do about it. UN would only clamour and ask for separation and that wouldn't be nice for Igbos in both regions most especially, in the West. If you fight with either Yorubas or Hausa from now till eternity, you ll be asked to leave eventually(look at Sudan and South sudan, Pakistan and India as a typical example).

Igbos should be the one preaching peace in the country cos of their brothers, properties, investment and sisters all over the place but the most important thing in my write up is that Igbos should cultivate an habit of being less arrogant, respect their host communities and strictly stay within a given boundary.

Peace out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by dumodust(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ojiofor:
Don't mind that thing! Ndigbo must join her in shouting SAI BUHARI 24/7 or else we deserve what is coming to us from buhari supporters.
thank you my brother... I almost replied till I saw your message. She most certainly is threatening violence against people who are free to make there choice. Na by force to support person? Anybody threatening buhari supporters.
You apc guys are not marketing your party well, at least on nairaland. You just completely lost me now with your desperation, unfairness and lack of objectivity... bye

3 Likes

Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by win1234: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
selfoss:

Is Buhari the commander in chief?

do u need to be c-in-c to cause troubles?
Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
Kolade354:
see fool writing epistle to me........I rep west coast. Ask one thing from God ability to see what otherz cant see.It will be like a dream when the millitary take over.
mumu I know... or is kolade a hausa word? or name?... pls try get sense.
Re: Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? by Ngwakwe: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
Closed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

EFCC Arrests Four INEC Officials For Diverting N84.6 Million / States Where Labour Might Win Governorship / Can The PDP Save Itself? - TonyeBarcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.