Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan (38572 Views)

Buhari Receiving Letter Of Credence From Pakistan, Japan & Ukraine's Ambassadors / Another SA -Nigerian Arms Deal Bust / Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jonezz(m): 7:07am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

Do we truly know our left from right?

When the girls were kidnapped some intelligent people were shouting that is a lie and no girl is missing na.

We are a nation that prefer lies tl the truth and blinded by a misplaced sense of national pride. Saudi is protecting their interests. Does it hurt? Yes
Are they right? Yes
Well as for me, I know my right sir,if Nigerians still want to remain in the claws of Jonathan then so be it.If we don't do what is right God will not do what is left ,it's very simple my brother.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by luvinhubby(m): 7:08am On Dec 29, 2014
Habibuisah1:
how many years does buhari spent as d head of military government?he spent not more than eight months but he was able to three nigeria famous refineries......mtssw sentiment in action
How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

Keep up comments like this and come back to ask why Muslim countries don't think much of us.

Seriously dude!!!! You want us to ignore the fact that boko haram is inspired by certain interpretation of Islamic teachings because we want to ingratiate Muslim countries!!!! Chai see reasoning!!!

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jamace(m): 7:10am On Dec 29, 2014
Habibuisah1:
He built 3 refineries in Kaduna, Warri
and Portharcourt.
Taa, shut the fuvck! Were you the head of state at that time?
Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/2047620/list-busted-buhari-propaganda

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

Are they buying the weapons for boko haram? How dumb can you people get? You are the same ones who accused the government of not properly arming our soldiers !!!!

Gbam

They blame government for not arming the boys and accuse government of arming BH when it makes effort to buy weapons.

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by omenka(m): 7:11am On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:
Why must Nigeria always look to import finished goods (military equipment). Government will now tell us it has no business with business.
if DICON is empowered to develop all these equipment, we will not be facing this embarrassment now.

We have so many mechanical engineers unemployed, some even with masters yet government says it has no business with business so it has to create employment in foreign countries by importing all sorts of finished goods at the expense of our people and the naira.

Saudi Arabia is simply doing the bidding of America and this action has absolutely no religious undertone in my opinion. Pakistan is a much more radical state than saudi and yet it has chosen to sell Nigeria weapons.
I love it when I see people think intelligently! cool

I've not gone beyond this comment which is the second on the thread but I know 90% of the comments would be some emotional outburst and silly insults on the faith yet again. Most people would forget the country from where the arms were purchased is also an Islam dominated country.

And the reporter was indeed very silly when he led his source on by asking if the refusal "carried any religious undertone" and the source of course answered in the affirmative! He forgot Pakistan is even more religious than Saudi Arabia!!

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Habibuisah1(m): 7:11am On Dec 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

You are a very shameless liar, Buhari did not build any refinery as head of state
he did for sure if u r in doubt google it nd see,plz put d sentiment out here
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by NobleG1(m): 7:12am On Dec 29, 2014
Saudi refused not because of religious reasons. Saudi has a strong relationship with the U.S.
Nigeria is perceived as a rogue state by the U.S. And U.S. doesn't allow rogue nations to buy weapons from it or its allies.

We're a failed nation.

All these haste to purchase weapons before the election, means the weapons are for the election not Boko Haram!

We're doomed. U.S. knows that civil war will break out soon in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 29, 2014
jonezz:
Well as for me, I know my right sir,if Nigerians still want to remain in the claws of Jonathan then so be it.If we don't do what is right God will not do what is left ,it's very simple my brother.
On February14 next year, go and vote for your candidate while I vote mine.Whoever wins carries the day

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 29, 2014
Habibuisah1:

You made the claim why not substantiate it

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2014
Trut:

I want the Northerners to condemn and support the FG to fight terrorism. When arm robbery and kidnapping was rampant in the East, the easterners condemn and supported the FG. That is why arm robbery and kidnapping became something of the past.

The Northerners supported the activities of BH when they were bombing churches and Christian dominated area. Now, BH has turned against them, they blame GEJ and CAN for their woes.

The APC has never condemn Boko haram, instead they blame the FG and criticise our gallant soldiers who fight day and night to restore peace in this country.
I can't imagine diz country under an APC extremist...smh...LORD save ur people.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 7:15am On Dec 29, 2014
NobleG1:
Saudi refused not because of religious reasons. Saudi has a strong relationship with the U.S.
Nigeria is perceived as a rogue state by the U.S. U.S. is right. And U.S. doesn't allow rogue nations to buy weapons from it or its allies.

We're a failed nation.

All these haste to purchase weapons before the election, means the weapons are for the election not Boko Haram!

A rouge state fueled by ethno-religious politics. Heck Nigeria has not been this divided since the civil war along tribal and ethnic lines just because some mumus want to win elections

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kmariko: 7:15am On Dec 29, 2014
NobleG1:
Nigeria is perceived as a rogue state by the U.S. And U.S. doesn't allow rogue nations to buy weapons from it or its allies.

We're a failed nation.

Nigeria a rogue State ? When was Nigerian classified as a Rogue state and by whom?

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Gbam

They blame government for not arming the boys and accuse government of arming BH when it makes effort to buy weapons.

These guys just find ways to blame the government irrespective of what it does. They do not care whether the war on terror is won or lost.All they care about is their party winning at any cost

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by oshyno(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:
When top government officials were busy slandering Islam you people cheered them on. You all walked around smiling while your leaders make silly statements about religion and it was okay to all of you abi?

I guess next the FG will blame Sauidi Arabia

I just don't know what type of brain some people are made of. Soo all u cud get from the message is dis BS u spewed here. U really need a lobotomy.
There has been insinuations, allegations that we are a not winning the war on Boko haram bcuz the millitary is ill equiped. Now GEJ has been trying to buy arms to equip them and all these West and their allies do is try sabotage the effort.citing non existing human right abuse. Thaz absolute nonsense.

GEJ shud shutdown any plane that plies our route too. What a rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 29, 2014
kmariko:

Nigeria a rogue State ? When was Nigerian classified as a Rogue state and by whom?

They always seem to forget their brains whenever they want to criticize the government

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Mynd44: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2014
oshyno:

I just don't know what type of brain some people are made of. Soo all u cud get from the message is dis BS u spewed here. U really need a lobotomy.
There has been insinuations, allegations that we are a not winning the war on Boko haram bcuz the millitary is ill equiped. Now GEJ has been trying to buy arms to equip them and all these West and their allies do is try sabotage the effort.citing non existing human right abuse. Thaz absolute nonsense.

GEJ shud shutdown any plane that plies our route too. What a rubbish.
Get yourself a map

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by jamace(m): 7:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Habibuisah1:
My friend, go and read this thread and get educated. Buhari did not build any refinery. https://www.nairaland.com/2047620/list-busted-buhari-propaganda

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by 1stola: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2014
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I completely believe this story is untrue and designed to leak Nigeria's source of arms procurement for it's military.

However, "If" Saudis refuse access over their airspace, they can always break the trip.

Fly from Pakistan to Dubai.
Then from Dubai, fly over the Indian ocean to avoid Saudi Arabia and then land at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Then from Addis Ababa to Abuja, Nigeria.

[/size]

Then quietly deny Saudi Arabian airlines landing rights in Nigeria.

.Don't say i told you so... grin
Mumu
And next year, they will allow you people come for pilgrimage abi?
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by aresa: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

I hope when BH takes over Lagos you won't be crying and blaming FG

I think they'll take over your before mine.

Even sef, of what use and worth is your worthless president who with his wife not only refused to to knowledge the fact that hundreds of school children in his care were kidnapped by terrorists, who refused console Nigerians and instead went dancing in Kano less than 24hrs after bomb blast killed scores of Nigerians, who refused to lift a finger after the toy CCTV cameras bought with $500 million loan kpafuka without identifying any terrorist in Abuja, a useless man who instead of reprimanding his worthless and incompetent service chiefs after losing Nigerian territoriy to terrorists promoted and gave them National awards..

Wo, ko ni da fun that mean spirited, corrupt and incompetent clown..

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by omenka(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
You only know your true friends in times of trouble. I do not see how flying military hardware over Saudi Arabia skies would jeopardize their interest.

Right now it's obvious that these people have been seeing Nigeria as mumu and they do not reapect us.

Thats what you get when you have a weightless leadership that does not command international respect.

Say what you will, but I dont see how this nonsense would have happened during obasanjo's time. From south Africa to the United states and now Saudi Arabia. Wtf is really happening
The whole stuff is symptomatic leadership failure at the highest levels. That is just the truth. No one respects Nigeria anymore. The other day, I read Somalia deported some Nigerians and I was like WTF!!!
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

These guys just find ways to blame the government irrespective of what it does. They do not care whether the war on terror is won or lost.All they care about is their party winning at any cost

May God end this worthless republic
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by DaBullIT(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2014
This news seems to be reported by only thisday news, no other source or references

[size=18pt] i believe there's a bigger picture here , With Mumu at the stop still there, probability that every ally with the US will prevent every Arms purchase is very certain

At that rate , Nigeria will happily become the North Korea of Africa , Isolated, Unloved, Un-helped [/size]

To many mistakes this current administration has made .

I would have said how can Tompolo buy Warships and Nigerian Army can't then i remembered Tompolo's purchases was delivered through the sea as opposed to the required flight permit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Habibuisah1(m): 7:20am On Dec 29, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Just 3 refineries which has being confirmed is not true

My friend, Ojukwu built tens under war conditions
U stil Love him after what he does to Ur people?none of d refineries built by ojukwu d coward was functioning Now ,without three famous refineries built by people's General......................
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by sebali: 7:26am On Dec 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

What did Buhari do as head of state to boost local arms production?

wat has jona don in 6yrs........buhari had only 18months........if u must blame buhari it wud be fair to also blame GEJ
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kilokeys(m): 7:27am On Dec 29, 2014
passing thoughts...

what if Nigeria would be safer without those arms till after elections?

me is thinking these arms might be used by top officials to manipulate 2015, and overturn election proceedings if they dont favour d incumbent.

Pakistan is kinda sketchy with their arm deals, why didn't we use d US ( they are more sophisticated)?

#early morning thinking o.. might reason otherwise once i chop my bread, egg and tea and eye don clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2014
Mynd44:

A rouge state fueled by ethno-religious politics. Heck Nigeria has not been this divided since the civil war along tribal and ethnic lines just because some mumus want to win elections

Between Buhari and GEJ who has been more sectarian in comments!! Was it GEJ that asked that muslims should vote only muslims during elections? Nigeria has never been this divided on religion like this before because we have never experienced these sort of Islamic extremism before.

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by musicwriter(m): 7:28am On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:
Why must Nigeria always look to import finished goods (military equipment). Government will now tell us it has no business with business.
if DICON is empowered to develop all these equipment, we will not be facing this embarrassment now.

We have so many mechanical engineers unemployed, some even with masters yet government says it has no business with business so it has to create employment in foreign countries by importing all sorts of finished goods at the expense of our people and the naira.

Saudi Arabia is simply doing the bidding of America and this action has absolutely no religious undertone in my opinion. Pakistan is a much more radical state than saudi and yet it has chosen to sell Nigeria weapons.

Africa will continue being ridiculed and will continue depending on foreigners for solutions, until we embrace science.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 29, 2014
sebali:

wat has jona don in 6yrs........buhari had only 18months........if u must blame buhari it wud be fair to also blame GEJ

Hypocrites 18 whole months he did nothing and you want us to return him.God forbid

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2014
kilokeys:
passing thoughts...

what if Nigeria would be safer without those arms till after elections?

me is thinking these arms might be used by top officials to manipulate 2015, and overturn election proceedings if they dont favour d incumbent.

Pakistan is kinda sketchy with their arm deals, why didn't we use d US ( they are more sophisticated)?

#early morning thinking o.. might reason otherwise once i chop my bread, egg and tea and eye don clear

In other words boko haram can continue killing people in the north east till after the elections smh
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by kmariko: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2014
Every leader from Independence to date has been lacking in protecting Nigeria, its citzens and interests. It did not start just now, it is something that has been percolating since we started running our country.

Unfortunately and regretably the change we need today cannot be effected by the two front runners in the race.
Re: Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 29, 2014
So if those weapons reach Nigeria before the elections, Boko Haram will just evaporate? Or is there a different reason why they are desperate to have weapons for the elections.

This government looks increasingly foolish with every passing day.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Imo APC Ward Congress: Rochas Okorocha Releases Statement After He Was Shut Out / Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / Abiriba King Orders Closure Of Police Stations Over IPOB Women, Soldiers Faceoff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.