Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,683 members, 7,975,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:18 AM

Appeal To All: Feminism - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appeal To All: Feminism (18992 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

She has, dear. sad sad

sad sad sad

But why?

Any idea?
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
coogar:

which is fine by me....

however, wherever men are gathered - keep mum. your role is in the kitchen, you can only speak when you are spoken to or when your counsel is needed as a 3rd opinion
What should I be doing where men are gathered at the first place?

Btw, No man can oppress me because he has a dìck. grin

3 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
aisha2:

Sadly I think she has oh

sad sad sad

I wish people would at least say bye.

cry
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by EfemenaXY: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

sad sad sad

But why?

Any idea?

No idea why.

I can only assume she felt her time here was up. Nonetheless, whatever her reason(s) may be, I hope she's okay.

#sigh#
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by lilmax(m): 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

I'm going to answer only the last one....
Religion is a choice, same as submissiveness.
Atheist, Agnostic etc don't believe in the bible, no need bringing it out- that's why i said it's a choice.

I opined that i'll be submissive. Grab?
Even if i say that i won't be submissive, you don't need to cricticise. Meanwhile, don't tell me you're devoid of any biblical sin. smiley
you don't know the meaning of feminism undecided I'm talking about feminism not hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by coogar: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

What should I be doing where men are gathered at the first place?

Btw, No man can oppress me because he has a dìck. grin

you are already oppressed - this is why you need feminism to claw back the rights you feel were taken from you. a man would oppress you & fück you at the same time. grin

5 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
@Crackhaus, coogar, lilmax et. al

You have made your stance known about feminists; there is no need to continually go from thread to thread reminding us.

Have a great day

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

No idea why.

I can only assume she felt her time here was up. Nonetheless, whatever her reason(s) may be, I hope she's okay.

#sigh#

Promise you will say goodbye to me if you ever decide to deactivate your account. I would really miss you. sad

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
lilmax:
you don't know the meaning of feminism undecided I'm talking about feminism not hypocrisy
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Read and tell me how feminism equal Unsubmissive wife.
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Afrobasic(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lol... Same logic they use in the religion section "why do atheist talk about religion so much?"

The answer is pretty basic cool

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by coogar: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

You have made your stance known about feminists; there is no need to continually go from thread to thread reminding us.

Have a great day

you want to control what & when to write again? you must think you are in your village. i write when i want to & post wherever my spirit leads me to. if you are tired, log out - go and make dinner for your hubby.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by cococandy(f): 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
Dreyl:
i know but i can't erase my mind off you sweetie,it's absolutely an hard slug doing that.
i am going to get and e-restraining order against you angry
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
coogar:

which people?

you should actually practise what you preach - you are a hypocrite....a born-again feminist. grin you have an identify crisis. i wanna be a christian & then be a feminist cos the term is "cool". pick one side & stop this self-mockery.

how can you preach the bible & feminism in the same breath? which is which? are you a feminist or a christian? how do you apply feminism to everything paul wrote in the bible?

This is hilarious!

What is the definition of feminism? What part of the Bible is against treating men and women as equals? What part is against social equality between both sexes?

We have heard your views; repeating them too much makes you sound like a broken record

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by lilmax(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Have a great day
reminding "us " who tell you say you be feminist?

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by EfemenaXY: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Promise you will say goodbye to me if you ever decide to deactivate your account. I would really miss you. sad

Awww...I promise. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by cococandy(f): 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
Afrobasic:
Lol... Same logic they use in the religion section "why do atheist talk about religion so much?"

The answer is pretty basic cool
yea noticed that too. Atheists always jumping every thread in the religion section. Sometimes I wonder who they need to convince more. Themselves or others?

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
11 Things Only A Pseudo Feminist Can Say

True feminism is probably about the equality of sexes. Most propaganda and hype is done by people who have little to no idea of what feminism actually means.
Here are things that bring a bad rep to feminists, but are actually never said by them.

Things that only a pseudo/social media feminist can say:

1. "She called him fat? Well, he IS fat!"
"What? He called her fat? That is female objectification!"

2. "How dare you objectify women, you
ugly fat idi.ot!"

3. "RESPECT WOMEN! Offer her your seat!"

4. "Why 'mankind?' Why not 'womankind'? English is sexist!"

5. "Women are better than men at everything! Including child bearing!"

6. "I won't have a baby because it is sexist!"

7. "He broke up with her! All men are dogs!"

8. " All men are dogs is just a joke. But never call a woman, a biitch!"

9. "The 'Sun' rhymes with 'son.' Science is sexist!"

10. "I will not cook because it is sexist!"

11. "Why only Mars mission? Just because men are from Mars? ISRO is sexist!"

gringringrin

6 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
lilmax:

Google feminism and let us see How it is against submission.

This would now depend on your definition of submission
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by edwife(f): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

oh you two,get a room!.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Afrobasic(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:
yea noticed that too. Atheists always jumping every thread in the religion section. Sometimes I wonder who they need to convince more. Themsekves or others?

You do know that I'm on the other side right? smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by EfemenaXY: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
edwife:

oh you two,get a room.... cheesy

Stop peeping jare. tongue tongue

And stop pretending you don't miss Jenny either. smiley

First Debrief. Now Jenny. Why do the good ones have to go? sad sad
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by zeb04(f): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mehn am going to miss jennykadry.her post were always funny and sensual smiley.

Back to the topic
According to lil wayne,these niggas they think they hard
These niggas just nipplezzzzzz

Off . smiley

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by coogar: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

This is hilarious!

What is the definition of feminism? What part of the Bible is against treating men and women as equals? What part is against social equality between both sexes?

how many times do we have to teach you about your bible?

genesis 3:16
To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

is this what feminism preaches or God made a mistake when he said the above verse?

We have heard your views; repeating them too much makes you sound like a broken record

we have heard yours too - you sound like a broken record and perhaps jobless for making a thread about it. you coulda used the search button to push your agenda. there must be 400 threads like this existing somewhere on the forum.

8 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Fkforyou(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
coogar:

brainless bimbo!
Damn..... cheesy
See rhyme abeg.....its like you are a fan of eminem.
@OP...... it seems this thread is moving faster than the speed of light and its also filled with pettiness.
Make I just park one side they observe jare....

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by coogar: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
Fkforyou:

Damn..... cheesy
See rhyme abeg.....its like you are a fan of eminem.

@OP...... it seems this thread is moving faster than the speed of light and its also filled with pettiness.
Make I just park one side they observe jare....

i self-trained myself in poetry. grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by edwife(f): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Stop peeping jare. tongue tongue

And stop pretending you don't miss Jenny either. smiley

i do miss her,but i think she does not want to be distracted this holiday,remember she is in Naija....
She fought a lot in travel section before deactivating,she will be back next year-mark my words... wink
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Caveatemptor(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
23 Quotes From Feminists That Will Make You Rethink Feminism
By Jake Fillis • 
Shutterstock
I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them. Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor
The nuclear family must be destroyed… Whatever its ultimate meaning, the break-up of families now is an objectively revolutionary process. Linda Gordon
I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig. Andrea Dworkin
Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women’s movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage. Sheila Cronin, the leader of the feminist organization NOW
Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice. Andrea Dworkin
The institution of sexual intercourse is anti-feminist. Ti-Grace Atkinson
Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear.
Susan Brownmiller, Against Our Will p.6
When a woman reaches ****** with a man she is only collaborating with the patriarchal system, eroticizing her own oppression. Sheila Jeffrys
Politically, I call it rape whenever a woman has sex and feels violated. Catherine MacKinnon
The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men. Sharon Stone
Ninety-five percent of women’s experiences are about being a victim. Or about being an underdog, or having to survive… women didn’t go to Vietnam and blow things up. They are not Rambo. Jodie Foster, quoted in The New York Times Magazine
The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race. Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future – If There Is One – Is Female
And if the professional rapist is to be separated from the average dominant heterosexual (male), it may be mainly a quantitative difference. Susan Griffin, Rape: The All-American Crime
If life is to survive on this planet, there must be a decontamination of the Earth. I think this will be accompanied by an evolutionary process that will result in a drastic reduction of the population of males. Mary Daly
If anyone is prosecuted for filing a false report, then victims of real attacks will be less likely to report them. David Angier
Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience. Catherine Comins
As long as some men use physical force to subjugate females, all men need not. The knowledge that some men do suffices to threaten all women. He can beat or kill the woman he claims to love; he can rape women…he can sexually molest his daughters… THE VAST MAJORITY OF MEN IN THE WORLD DO ONE OR MORE OFTHE ABOVE. Marilyn French
I believe that women have a capacity for understanding and compassion which man structurally does not have, does not have it because he cannot have it. He’s just incapable of it. Barbara Jordan, former Congresswoman
Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release. Germaine Greer
Man-hating is everywhere, but everywhere it is twisted and transformed, disguised, tranquilized, and qualified. It coexists, never peacefully, with the love, desire, respect, and need women also feel for men. Always man-hating is shadowed by its milder, more diplomatic and doubtful twin, ambivalence. Judith Levine
Women have their faults / men have only two: / everything they say / everything they do. Popular Feminist Graffiti
We are taught, encouraged, moulded by and lulled into accepting a range of false notions about the family. As a source of some of our most profound experiences, it continues to be such an integral part of our emotional lives that it appears beyond criticism. Yet hiding from the truth of family life leaves women and children vulnerable. Canadian Panel on Violence Against Women
I do want to be able to explain to a 9-year-old boy in terms he will understand why I think it’s OK for girls to wear shirts that revel in their superiority over boys. Treena Shapiro

6 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by EfemenaXY: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
edwife:

i do miss her,but i think she does not want to be distracted this holiday,remember she is in Naija....
She fought a lot in travel section before deactivating,she will be back next year-mark my words... wink

Hmmm....okay then. I hope so too...because her exit was abrupt.

Time to unfollow this thread. It's boring and petty. Not seen you in the kitchen of late..
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Have a great day
Who is us?

You count yourself among, are you still sipping that cool-aid that tampers with normal reasoning? cheesycheesy

Feminists who don't know anything about feminism, you are a joker... grin

4 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by lilmax(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Who is us?

You count yourself among, are you still sipping that cool-aid that tampers with normal reasoning? cheesycheesy

Feminists who don't know anything about feminism, you are a joker... grin
grin grin grin she is a christian feminist

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by coogar: 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
lilmax:
grin grin grin she is a hypocrite christian feminist

fixed!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is The Head Of The Family? Husband, Wife Or Both / Who Is A Responsible Husband? / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.