Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,882 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (608681 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Gorimakpa1: 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
frenchman2:

sir, kindly through more light on this.
due to demand and supply for currency, price tends to return back to price it was back and forth ad "infinitum" whether there is GAP or no GAP.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
raycolz84:

GJ is still going to fall
its just testing people's patience

Yea looks like it.. Una well done.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
pocoapoco88:
dia is somtin called VALUE in any investment dat involves risk and dat is wot most traders lack.we r told dat gud risk:reward of 1:3,1:5 or more wud kip u in profit on d long run but wot r d chances of netting such returns? Extremely low.the product of d chances of winning and d ROI is wot VALUE is all abt ,and until a trader understands dis,trading wil remain a myth 2 him.wish i cud go deeper into dis rich piece of information bt it's redundant besides wot most want most is strategy,strategy and strategy which barely giv dem dia desired results.however like dey say different strokes 4 different folks

Like the way your ended you point of view, 'different strokes for different folks', 1:3, 1;5, 1;10 are all possible but may be difficult while day trading currencies.
Honestly got three trades going, but append 2 that show its achievable consistently. but the truth is these set ups rarely popup for me.

My 2 cents...... From the parable of the sower (Bible), some seeds (trades) need to yield 30, 60 and 100 folds alongside the seeds (trades) thats spring up fast but are choked by the weeds (1;1.5) and the others that spring up fast but lack dept (1:1).

That was for shevychen, felt like I was telling of myself when I read through were you are on the learning curve (we are all learners)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
Capitals:

That was for shevychen, felt like I was telling of myself when I read through were you are on the learning curve (we are all learners)

Not quite sure I get you but well done sir. At the end of the day a positive and sustainable account balance is all that matters not any particular theory.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Capitals:

Like the way your ended you point of view, 'different strokes for different folks', 1:3, 1;5, 1;10 are all possible but may be difficult while day trading currencies.
Honestly got three trades going, but append 2 that show its achievable consistently. but the truth is these set ups rarely popup for me.

My 2 cents...... From the parable of the sower (Bible), some seeds (trades) need to yield 30, 60 and 100 folds alongside the seeds (trades) thats spring up fast but are choked by the weeds (1;1.5) and the others that spring up fast but lack dept (1:1).

Wow!!! Never really saw it that way, that is profound. Will remember that always.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
raycolz84:
Mr market please i need one anaconda move grin for this GJ
this trade done too dey take time, haba

No fall my hand o, that nucca must reach 188.xx and you better be present all the way. No getting off the bus on the way grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
naijababe:

Wow!!! Never really saw it that way, that is profound. Will remember that always.

Honestly, I was hoping shevy would get it. but if what he said about his trading pattern is true, then I m confident it will eventually make sense to him. cos I did the exact same thing he said he does and still do it. If I m right about what you think you said, you wont lose money (I hope so) but you ll discover how to get more. and yes, daily and weekly is what I do. disregard that the chart I posted was a 4hr chart, wasnt even thinking of the 4hr time frame when I took those positions.
Madam naijababe was spot on when she pointed the weeklies and dailies to you, I also look at the monthlies.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by pocoapoco88: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
Capitals:

do u know i can achieve a 1:3 ROI wit even much ease dan som1 who goes 4 a conventional 1:3 trade adjusting stoplossess here and there.dis simply how i'll do it.if i won my 1st 1:1 trade,i'll compound it all 2 d nxt trade and if i win i'll hav my 1:3 ROI.dis is a powerful MM strategy but only dose who undstand d power of compounding wud regard dis.all d same if ur strategy kips u in profit @ d end of ur stipulated period pls stick 2 it coz profit is all dat matters
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by raycolz84: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
naijababe:

No fall my hand o, that nucca must reach 188.xx and you better be present all the way. No getting off the bus on the way grin

Hehehehh I dey with u gidigba
But I go leave you for 190.5x, make
E no be like say I go wan chop too much grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
@ Capitals

I get it now.. Didn't know the parable was meant for me.. Well like Endfx said, we all have different trading temperaments.

I can't sleep with my two eyes closed knowing my trades are running. This is why I prefer to enter and close daily. Knowing fully well that the daily pip range of the pairs I trade barring any day of major shakes is circa 150-200 pips, it made sense for me to be taking off at 1:1..

When I began this style, I left TP open. After a month I analysed my personal journal and saw that although I made a decent return for the month, it would improve greatly if I didn't allow too many trades to hit BE after going over 100pips or closing at 30-40 pips. I used an excel to run a few things during the making of this decision and I found out that a system with at least 70% accuracy used with 1:1 RR can leave you very comfortable each year.

In the past 3 months I have done exactly that and the results have been lovely. I may make more if I change the R:R like you said but I am not cut out for holding trades overnight or for days. I always tamper with it or else I would have moved to weekly. Anyone that can do so should by all means enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
raycolz84:

Hehehehh I dey with u gidigba
But I go leave you for 190.5x, make
E no be like say I go wan chop too much grin

Perhaps, 190.74 is last month's high so you may be right. I go dey watch that level be that grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by dorodee(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Shevychen2:
Sold EN at 1.6550 SL and TP 100 pips.

Boss, thanks for this call.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
dorodee:

Boss, thanks for this call.

You are welcome sir..

Anyone interested in the spreadsheet I mentioned earlier should go here for instructions and download. Only works for $200 balance and above though and you must be able to know how to represent worst case scenario using your one month trade stats for it to make sense.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/20383-huskys-money-management-compounding-tool.html
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Karlebolu(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
Could there be any Fundamental, Technical or Sentimental resons(s) as to why GPD/USD refuses to move?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
Shevychen2:
@ Capitals

I get it now.. Didn't know the parable was meant for me.. Well like Endfx said, we all have different trading temperaments.

I can't sleep with my two eyes closed knowing my trades are running. This is why I prefer to enter and close daily. Knowing fully well that the daily pip range of the pairs I trade barring any day of major shakes is circa 150-200 pips, it made sense for me to be taking off at 1:1..

When I began this style, I left TP open. After a month I analysed my personal journal and saw that although I made a decent return for the month, it would improve greatly if I didn't allow too many trades to hit BE after going over 100pips or closing at 30-40 pips. I used an excel to run a few things during the making of this decision and I found out that a system with at least 70% accuracy used with 1:1 RR can leave you very comfortable each year.

In the past 3 months I have done exactly that and the results have been lovely. I may make more if I change the R:R like you said but I am not cut out for holding trades overnight or for days. I always tamper with it or else I would have moved to weekly. Anyone that can do so should by all means enjoy.

Brilliant, The average daily range is also an integral part of my strategy, but I pegged it at 100-120pts. Two people can indeed see the same thing differently and both will be right. The beauty of this business we have chosen to invest our time in.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infinityandzero: 6:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
just went long on the German Dax 30 [300 pips SL] T.P[ as the spirit leads]

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
pocoapoco88:
do u know i can achieve a 1:3 ROI wit even much ease dan som1 who goes 4 a conventional 1:3 trade adjusting stoplossess here and there.dis simply how i'll do it.if i won my 1st 1:1 trade,i'll compound it all 2 d nxt trade and if i win i'll hav my 1:3 ROI.dis is a powerful MM strategy but only dose who undstand d power of compounding wud regard dis.all d same if ur strategy kips u in profit @ d end of ur stipulated period pls stick 2 it coz profit is all dat matters

Yes sir, compounding is really powerful
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by currentprice: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
infinityandzero:

welcome back Tom29,,,, i miss you grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infinityandzero: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
currentprice:

I'm not tom .. that buffoon would never use 300 pip SL
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Gorimakpa1: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
infinityandzero:
chai....This one is mighty
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
infinityandzero:
why call him a buffon
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
infinityandzero:

You may not agree with his methods but it is not reason to insult him.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infinityandzero: 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
fxbomovi:
why call him a buffon
naijababe:
You may not agree with his methods but it is not reason to insult him.

buffoon /bəˈfuːn/ noun a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown. . . .
Definitely not an insult
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infinityandzero: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gorimakpa1:
chai....This one is mighty
the dax is extremely volatile, so large SL accompanies large volatility
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
infinityandzero:

buffoon /bəˈfuːn/
noun
a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

Definitely not an insult

Hmmm..........I guess my dictionary is wrong because it is definitely an insult

1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.

1 & 3 definitely insults in my books

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infinityandzero: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
naijababe:

Hmmm..........I guess my dictionary is wrong because it definitely an insult

1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.

1 & 3 definitely insults in my books
we all are aware that tom has always been the class clown. so my statement geared towards that direction.
selah.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infinityandzero: 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
infinityandzero:
50 pips into profit already
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by raycolz84: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
currentprice:

You must have a reason for calling this guy
Tom29
Oya na enlighten us grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by currentprice: 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
raycolz84:

Tom29
Oya na enlighten us grin

am wrong,,,he is not brother lipsrsealed
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by EmmanuelD1st(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Shevychen2:
People still sending PMs to those trading demo accounts.. grin

You won't get a reply because they are not so sure of themselves yet. Unless you want to buy indicator and waste your time for nothing.

Quick free lesson for everyone including the demo kings: Any trade order number starting with 7xxxxxxx on MT4 is most certainly a demo account. cool

You are all welcome grin

Saw something...and this post came to mind grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
raycolz84:

Tom29
Oya na enlighten us grin

That son of a b1tch is not going down, red line is May's high, that's the third bounce near it this week. I am closing my short and going long. See you on the other side grin

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Cul4real(m): 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Thanks to our professionals in the house for their advice when needed. PLS DO NOT HESITATE TO INTRODUCE TO ME ANY RELAIBLE AND AUTHENTIC FOREX MANAGER HERE IN NIGERIA. This become paramount important to me in other to avoid fourth times loss as am planning to make another deposit. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (354) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.