Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:15 AM

I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan (28482 Views)

Woman Absconds With Anti-corruption Crusade Largesse In Lagos / An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) / I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by marv1: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
This is ridiculous and laughable. Am nt surprised because there no clear-cut distinction of vision and purpose. As smone who has held several offices even from grassroot to the highest position in this country and still be talking about plan to fight corruptn in the pipeline after six yrs. It clearly shows he has no plan for it. What u cant use 6 yrs to do u want to use 4yrs to do it. No wonder 9>19 and 7>21. Oga presido u no try at all because u they run this country on trial and error . This is a big country nt benin republic.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by LogicPower(m): 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
jaybee3:

We agree that all politicians are bad irrespective of their political affiliations. They promise and under deliver. They align with the worst just so they can service their selfish interest.

However, it's even more dangerous for Nigerians to sit back and re-elect a non performing clueless one. Voters are meant to express their displeasure through their votes. You can't send Jonathan back in for another 4 years and expect a change in fortune.

We should always demand change through the ballot and 4 years is a long time to gamble considering the current dynamics in world economics

In these 3 short paragraphs, you have concisely, and very impressively, captured the very essence and beauty of democracy, which is, the ability and the freedom of the majority to use their power of the vote to change ANY leader that fails to performs up to their expectations.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by rabimlomo: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
okpamson15:
if u are muslem then u are rit bt if are christian talking lik dis. Then it means that u dnt no what is going on. Buhari what to turn ur belov con3 in2 islemic con3. That is just what he fitin 4. Is nt that gudluk is bt we dnt hav anoda pesen there. Bring anoda pesen as an APC Flag bear and i wil gv that pesen my 100% suport. My fear is just that islem.
You sound so dump. How can a president of a country single-handedly impose a religion on everyone. Why don't you use your head.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by anonimi: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
docadams:

Please, confirm if you are actually the one here because it's not your usual signature. How can he put the words together effectively when what he wants to express is complete fallacy? To tell lies is difficult. That is the basis for the lie detector (polygraph). If GEJ is made to undertake a polygraph while preaching this sermon, it will crash because of too many lies and insecerity.

It is a FACT that our corruption index rating with Transparency International has improved.
It is a FACT that there has been reduced outflow of corruption money from our country by more than HALF in 2012.
It is a FACT that dead railways are rolling again, roads are being repaired and expanded, projects previously budgeted for annually but never done.
It is a FACT that agricultural production is increasing despite dismantling fertiliser subsidy scam cabal systematically.
It is a FACT that regular international flights operate in Kano & Enugu airports after their renovation & upgrade.

You can put any of those FIVE statements of FACT to your polygraph machine and let me know the result so we take it from there.
Cheers!
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Defcon1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Coming up with a plan for 6 years??
will probably take 24 years to implement the plan
Dude has got just 4 years(if he wins)
anybody see what I'm seeing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by EndtimeBlessing: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mr. President, I have a copy of the Power Plan you came up with in 2010. If we score you by the same plan, you can't even get 20%.
So how can we trust you with another plan?

6 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Goldenboy007(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
I read all the comments from first page till this point....I can only say Thank God..finally I see a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. The mistake the present GEJ and his paid supporters are making is - you can fight APC and win but you can't fight the masses and win!!! The campaign for a change has gone beyond APC or any political party, it has become a revolutionary movement by the masses!! The survival of Nigeria is greater than any religious or tribal sentiments! Enough is enough! The masses are becoming one voice! The wind of change is becoming a whirlwind; a force to reckon with..let those that stand in its way be careful...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Adminisher: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
maestroferddi:
No be to dey make noise.

Jonathan will not get less than 50% of cast votes from South West. He will get at least 35% of votes in the North West and North East while the North Central will give Jonathan at least 60% of the votes.

The Chibok Girls issue is unfortunate. However, all Nigerians should unite in condemning and combating terrorism. Trying to make political capital from the debacle is not smart if you ask me.

So you have already started voting for SW people. Why don't you people see Jonathan as people really see him?. Where are the 50% votes from the SW coming from. Any way you can quote figures as you like but the socio psychological explanation for what is happening is CHANGE. Jonathan has performed badly as President but that is not why he is being voted out. He is being voted out because Nigerians need CHANGE. He would have been voted out even if he had performed better. It is unfortunate but that is the truth. Things come to an end and Jona has had his day.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
Those who call you a clueless President are right after all ! After six years in office, you are still coming up with a plan to fight corruption. Anyway, next month election is another opportunity,a golden one,for reasonable Nigerians to change the course of administering this country from the present pitiable situation.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by EagleNest(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chai! This man kept on showing his emptiness.
Does he think Nigerians are fool?
After 6 years, you are still making plan to tackle corruption.
Well the time is up. By your fruits we have known you wella wella.
I don't know what else you want to tell us

2 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by EagleNest(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Goldenboy007:
I read all the comments from first page till this point....I can only say Thank God..finally I see a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. The mistake the present GEJ and his paid supporters are making is - you can fight APC and win but you can't fight the masses and win!!! The campaign for a change has gone beyond APC or any political party, it has become a revolutionary movement by the masses!! The survival of Nigeria is greater than any religious or tribal sentiments! Enough is enough! The masses are becoming one voice! The wind of change is becoming a whirlwind; a force to reckon with..let those that stand in its way be careful...

Spot on! GEJ's government has been punishing the masses for 6-years.
Now GEJ must go so that we can breath at least...

2 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mohammed Buhari anti-corruption efforts recognized by the prestiguous New York Times check my link below for more details.
https://www.nairaland.com/2072888/man-plan-4000-ex-officials-surrender

2 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Moheat(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=Dreyl post=29417056]who told you i'm a fan of any political party? All i'm clamouring for is change and nothing else, i'm absolutely sick and tired of this incompetent and worthless government who only cares about upgrading there pockets and looting heartlessly, forgeting the masses that vote them into that office, mind you i strongly detest politics with passion but i won't keep quiet and watch people suffer in silence. corruption is like a cockroach that has eaten all pages of a notebook(NIGERIA) and for we to tackle it and annihilate it completely, thats why we need change and a credible person that can wipe corruption out effectively.

I quite agreed with you! and until we see that credible candidate that would lead us to the promise land but definitely not GEJ or GMB! the two of them are same wine in different bottles

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by globatop: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
If it has taken him 6years to understand the nation's problem, then he is not proactive enough to be our president. Economic measure that does not include slashing their salary but increase in vat is clueless and anti masses.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by HOTWATER(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
This GEJ needs to go and learn how to talk

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Etruth: 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
BrosPeter:

You people try and sell Buhari as an incorruptible person right? Am only reminding the gullible that Buhari himself said Abacha is not corrupt and even worked under Abacha. So much for an incorruptible man.
What's your point exactly? If Buhari is corrupt as you claim,why can't your saviour from Otuoke arraign and prosecute him as the C-in-C and in charge of EFCC? Try and be reasonable abeg. Dora Akunyili worked under OBJ and did a marvellous job, despite d corrupt system....so your accusations about Buhari working in Abacha govt holds no water.If you have evidence about Buhari's non-performance or corruption-related activities in public office,then spill it or forever remain dumb silent. FACTS pls; not LAME PDP-INSPIRED PROPAGANDA

3 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Okoberry: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
DrDre1:
More than anyone that has ruled this nation Nigeria, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan has had the best set of opportunities, time, resources, exposure and support to become the best President over the affairs of Nigeria; yet he squandered these things and made a mockery of everything invested and expected of him. Statements as this (and many more previous ones) makes me wonder if he's the real Jonathan Goodluck that went through all those stages before becoming the President. Maybe a cabal 'switched' him or did some kind of brain transplant for him.

Gbam
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by rhames(m): 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=personal59 post=29408234][/quote]

very funny. he will wake up tomorrow morning and tell you he is procuring railway equipment. GEJ and his statements of mirage.

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Omari88: 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
To think that he's still 'coming up with a plan.' This spells doom!!

2 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Etruth: 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
decode20:
[s]stop acting as if ur limited experience represents universal truth.if u realy knw what coruption,u wil understand dat 2 fight coruption,u must first destroy d structures dat promote coruption which is inequality.second,u must create an enabling environment 2 show pple other ways of achieving their dreams which must nt necesarily b politics cos politics in nig. is seen as d only way of acquiring wealth.lastly,u strenghten d institutions responsible 4 fighting coruption wch d president is abt 2 do.[/s]
Length of post does not translate to sound reasoning. Stop trying to complicate simple matters.We are not as gullible as you think. If you wanna stop corruption: monitor flow of cash,probe 'suspicious payments', monitor cash flow , alert financial regulatory bodies of huge cash flow that is irregular and unaccountable , arraign those implicated, allow court process without FG influence in favour of cronies, parade the convicted criminals on National TV and media with evidence of their crime, send to long-term jail [20 yrs etc] and ensure they serve their due time.Recover loots and RE-INVEST ALL in the economy. When 5 ppl are used as example, others will warn themselves. E no hard. To believe corruption can't be eradicated is only true when you yourself is neck-deep in corruption. If your hands are clean,na simple tin

5 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Chitumu: 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
cheesy[b][/b] i am very sure jonathan will leave aso rock with a handcuff immediately after may 29.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chitumu:
cheesy[b][/b] i am very sure jonathan will leave aso rock with a handcuff immediately after may 29.
We all hope so.
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by amanikondo: 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
BrosPeter:

The dullard has more educational qualifications more than you, have occupied the highest position in the land. Until you get meaning employment its safe to say you're the dullard here.
Another dullard murdered English.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by docadams: 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
anonimi:

It is a FACT that our corruption index rating with Transparency International has improved.
It is a FACT that there has been reduced outflow of corruption money from our country by more than HALF in 2012.
It is a FACT that dead railways are rolling again, roads are being repaired and expanded, projects previously budgeted for annually but never done.
It is a FACT that agricultural production is increasing despite dismantling fertiliser subsidy scam cabal systematically.
It is a FACT that regular international flights operate in Kano & Enugu airports after their renovation & upgrade.

You can put any of those FIVE statements of FACT to your polygraph machine and let me know the result so we take it from there.
Cheers!

My dislike is not limited to GEJ but to the whole PDP evil machine. You can't separate him from PDP.
Funningly, you bandy TI assessment when it favours you but when the ratings go against you you label the assessors agents of capitalist neo colonialism. I don't know what has changed in agriculture that makes you jump in ululation. No farmer in my community has been able to procure fertilizer despite FG claims. The bottom line is your acclaimed milestone in achievements is still on paper.
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by anonimi: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
docadams:

My dislike is not limited to GEJ but to the whole PDP evil machine. You can't separate him from PDP.
Funningly, you bandy TI assessment when it favours you but when the ratings go against you you label the assessors agents of capitalist neo colonialism.

Please search my posts and show me where I said TI is an agent of capitalist neo colonialism.
Thanks.

Meanwhile I suppose we can conclude that Jonathan has done a SYSTEMATIC job of fighting corruption that is noticeable even by those who scored us negative in the past, not so
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by damola57: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Anytime my president talks, laugh dey always catch me. He is always planing for dis or dat with no action to back am up. Said Buhari.

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by ekeneidiagbor: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
No one shud be sentimental about this, what our president said is disgustingly annoying...
Afta 6 years you're just coming up with an anti-corruption plan...
What's worse ur idea of a plan is to strengthem institutions and not to bring these public office holders (particularly members of ur executive council) to the table for public scrutiny and accountability so thay disciplinary actions would be carried out against the guilty ones
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Whalewale(m): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
LogicPower:
You STILL don't get it, Mr Clueless!

1. In a country where corruption is so endemic, so widespread and so ingrained in almost every institution, there is NO WAY you can clean the menace without arresting and EXECUTING JAILING the corrupt and criminal elements, especially those who loot hundreds of millions.

2. If you cannot catch and PUNISH THE BIG CULPRITS who steal billions of the public money, then you can as well tell our police and the courts to STOP arresting and jailing THE PETTY CRIMINALS who steal PEANUTS compared to what your friends, associates and mentors loot DAILY from our common treasury!

3. You have just proved, ONCE AGAIN, that you have NOT got the amount of MORAL COURAGE that is needed to confront THE BIG THIEVING ELITE of this country.

4. And since you have NOT confronted them before, nobody should expect you to even try to confront them now, when MANY of them are either using the looted money to fund your re-election or are mouthing their support for your campaign, which they know is the surest way of getting away with all what they have looted, and are looting!

5. If not for your cluelessness and HALF-HEARTED commitment to fighting corruption, how on earth would you dismiss and even mock the age-long, tested and trusted way of deterring criminals (i.e. arresting them and jailing them), only for you to come up with A VAGUE and RIDICULOUS idea of 'strengthening the institutions' as an alternative?

6. Since you have recanted your earlier comments and now, like the rest of us, admit that corruption is one of the two major problems in this country, HOW do you think the corrupt operators of the corrupt system would allow you to 'strengthen the institutions', without first getting rid of them?

7. By this your comment, Mr President, you have just added URGENCY to the determination of Nigerian masses to see that you GIVE WAY to someone who can do a BETTER JOB of looking the thieving elite in the face, on our behalf, and telling them that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Well said.

I feel so depressed just seeing this man still trying to hold on to power. I seriously think his closest officials feed him with hope. Cause if he really knew what the average Nigerian wants or thinks of him, he would step down with pride.

Everyone would respect him for stepping down. The disgrace would be more if he were to lose via election.

It's just depressing. Even my younger sister has greater IQ than him. It's painful. It's sad. It's disgraceful.
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Ezemust: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
iGeneral:

One ex-student of Jesus of Otuoke finally found. Grammar very identical to that of Patience, Jesus of Bipi.
and dont call Jesus wen u just want to give ursf laf
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by madjune(m): 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
citizenY:

@madjune... thank you.... i go follow you mad....in 2015...thank you Thanks

You're welcome citizen bro.
Let's go to Feb. 14th.
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by karaye: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
my broda u just make me laugh tire ooo

kayciano:
Mr. President... 4dis one, I will not agree with u.
4 have said it vivdly over d media(NTA), that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.....
Yet U CLAIM u are raising anti-corruption army..,how.
?
Let's know Y u want to fight corruption.., since it has nothing to do with stealing...
If stealing is not Corruption..
Then what's stealing...?
a)begging..
b)romance..
c)borrowing..
d)murder..
e)agriculture..

What about obvious cases of..
Farouk lawan..
Abdulradsheed maina..
Allison madueke..
Stella odua..
Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by bondingman: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
There's no president in d world that doesn't have a weak area.
On insecurity, many other countries with able presidents r going through insurgency; Iraq,Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, unfortunately nigeria comes in too;they all have something in common a sizeable number of moslem population. I'm not saying that Islam brings insurgency but its the era where disgruntled elements come from there. There was a time Christians were causing restivity.
Still on insecurity, GEJ has maintained peace in d Niger delta unlike even Obj's time; I score him excellent there, n coincidentally that's were our mouths are.
On corruption, there are institutions setup to check this; efcc, icpc, d law enforcement agencies, d citizens; how many times have we gone to report corrupt officials to law enforcement agencies? Everyone has a part to play, Jonathan maybe has not done enough there but he'll work on it, that's how to go about it.
Economically he's done well, in agriculture, technology, automobile policy,education, name it, he's touched almost every sector n calling his attention to corruption he's said he'll attack it n I believe him enough to give him my vote.
We can't throw away the baby with d bathe water , he's put country on d right pedestrial, let him finish what he's started .
On choice of buhari, what's d guaranty he'll tackle corruption when d most corrupt ones are putting him there? He's singing the Kworuption music because that's d tune nigerians fancy, but after that what does he have to offer? intellectually he's retrogressed age-wise.
Problems tackled one at a time n GEJ will tackle corruption just as he's brought our rails back etc
My vote goes to GEJ

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rivers State Honors Jonathan, Patience, Odili, Omehia As Wike Decorates Them / EFCC Office On Fire, Commission’s Data Centre Worst Hit / Nuhu Ribadu: No Oil Billionaire Since Buhari Became Petroleum Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.