Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,689 members, 7,918,169 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? (17884 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by kolaoloye(m): 10:10am On Dec 19, 2008
@topic
Let no one deceive you,every living beign has his or her own challenges just that they are not the same.
Whether you blf in God or not you must pass through challenges of life.Call it whatever you like,witchcraft or whatever,
In your life today there are some issues which you wish were not so. My dear why are they there? In order words your limitations are the forces
working against you. Each spirit has its own agents. May the good Lord keep you from the hand of the evil ones,in Jesus name.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Lady2(f): 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
what does the suratul jinnus say? and when is it to be ricited?

I don't know the exact words but I do know that when a Jinn appears muslims are supposed to recite an ayat from Al-Baqarah or something like that. I know there's a story of muhammad encountering a jinn and gabriel supposedly told him something to say and the jinn or devil went away.

All this talk sef don pass my power al i can do is laugh out loud. . . . .

what makes your demonic experience more real than that of a hindu, moslem or a jew? what are angels? have you seen any? i know moslems that have claimed to have seen angels of allah, is their own encouter with angels of less value compared to that of a christains who also claim to have encountered angels? how can you as a catholic see or encounter demons when other non catholics believe the pope is amongs the demons decieving the real children of the biblical god?

I am beginning to think that you don't read posts, you just have talking points. You target those who have opposing views and spew your talking point. If you read my post you will see that my point was not to show that there are muslim demons or christian demons or hindu demons, that there are just demons, and they may be called something different in different places. So you just think that there are muslim demons, christian demons, hindu demons, and I'm saying that they are just demons.
A question u asked is that how come they only answer to the Quran (for muslim demons), the Christian prayer (for christian demons) and etc. My response is how do you know they only respond to that? Have you tried christian prayer with a muslim demon to know that they won't respond to christian prayer?

other non catholics believe in what catholics believe they just don't know that they believe in it. They won't accept that they do, it's called pride. They don't want to admit that they're wrong, so all they do is skip questions asked of them.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Lady2(f): 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2008
I also encountered David Copperfield on stage and beleived he could defy the law of gravity until I learnt about invisible cables and all that magical trick stuff.

While not trying to belittle your past experiences and leaving room for the fact that no one knows everything, I would just like to ask if yu're sure that you've explored all possible rational and irrational explanations for yur "experiences"? remember that the entire catholic church once beleived that the earth was flat and killed some early philosophers who dared to think differently but now even a baby who is learning how to walk now knows that the philosophers were right and the almighty church and pope who were supposedly God's ambassadors on earth at the time were dead wrong.

It is a pity we don't learn from history and keep on repeating the mistakes of our ancestors.

Abeg when someone almost dies from an encounter it is not something easily forgotten or mistaken. Scientists once believed that the earth was flat it wasn't just the catholic church. It was people. People that lived at that time believed the earth was flat. So while you are quick to shout that the Church has been wrong therefore they must be wrong, remember that not all were in the church and not all believed in God and they too didn't know. It's called being human and learning about our environment as time progresses.

It's a pity we cannot rationalize due to contempt for one another.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by ladej(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2008
bawolomo. very funny mate

to be honest there is good , there is bad. angels exist so demons have to exist. it the natural order of life. because one doesnt believe in it shouldnt exclude the possibility of its existence tongue
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Lady~:

Abeg when someone almost dies from an encounter it is not something easily forgotten or mistaken. Scientists once believed that the earth was flat it wasn't just the catholic church. It was people. People that lived at that time believed the earth was flat. So while you are quick to shout that the Church has been wrong therefore they must be wrong, remember that not all were in the church and not all believed in God and they too didn't know. It's called being human and learning about our environment as time progresses.

False, the Catholic church made people to believe that the earth was flat, just like they are making people to believe that Jesus is the only way to eternal happiness when a person dies.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by fayahsoul: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2008
Time is not linear it moves in cycles; positive and negative cycles, depending on the positioning of celestial bodies.

In this current time cycle of lethargy that is controled by false "Gods"(i.e yaweh, allah, jehova, krishna etc), terra/earth is like a human farm; a farm were hue-mans are grown and their negative energies(in the form of physical/emotional/ psychological pain) are harvested by these false "Gods" for food/sustainance. Ever wonder why your biblical or koranic "Gods" did all the cursing and killing and not the so-called "devil'? still wondering why so-called nigerians are very religious yet damn corrupt?

As above so below.

We are corrupt because the "Gods" are corrupt. These same "Gods" become benevolent, and just, in the subsequent time cycle of illumination. These "false Gods" derive pleasure and sustainance in our misery just like we do when we engage in so-called guilty pleasures(i.e drinking alcohol that damages and causes pain to the "living conscious" liver cells or killing animals for food)

Whites/arabs/semites/asians(non-melanites) are the physical manifestation of the negative aspect of "God"; the antithesis of black. In this cycle of lethargy they are used as earthly vessels to physically construct global superstructures(the matrix) that upholds the will of the false "Gods". They either have no soul or their soul is not fully seated in their partly or fully calcified pineal glands and that's why the so-called atheist in the industrialized countries don't experience "demonic" attacks. They are human artificial; that is, zombies. They are already dead.

The nubians on the other hand, are the oldest people who incarnated during the positive cycle, they are the physical manifestation of the positive aspect of "God". Nubia(or africa) is the true holy land and it is the oldest land inhabitated by humans. It does not drift like the other continents. The true meridian is in kemetic not greenwich. Nubia, as the oldest land, has the highest concentration of spirit beings both good and bad that are easily channeled through the heavily melanited bodies of nubians. Demons can steal "God" information or knowledge from their melanited bodies.

In this current time cycle, the demonic beings are dominant but we are also exiting this cycle.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 7:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
fayahsoul:

Time is not linear it moves in cycles; positive and negative cycles, depending on the positioning of celestial bodies.

In this current time cycle of lethargy that is controled by false "Gods"(i.e yaweh, allah, jehova, krishna etc), terra/earth is like a human farm; a farm were hue-mans are grown and their negative energies(in the form of physical/emotional/ psychological pain) are harvested by these false "Gods" for food/sustainance. Ever wonder why your biblical or koranic "Gods" did all the cursing and killing and not the so-called "devil'? still wondering why so-called nigerians are very religious yet damn corrupt?

As above so below.

We are corrupt because the "Gods" are corrupt. These same "Gods" become benevolent, and just, in the subsequent time cycle of illumination. These "false Gods" derive pleasure and sustainance in our misery just like we do when we engage in so-called guilty pleasures(i.e drinking alcohol that damages and causes pain to the "living conscious" liver cells or killing animals for food)

Whites/arabs/semites/asians(non-melanites) are the physical manifestation of the negative aspect of "God"; the antithesis of black. In this cycle of lethargy they are used as earthly vessels to physically construct global superstructures(the matrix) that upholds the will of the false "Gods". They either have no soul or their soul is not fully seated in their partly or fully calcified pineal glands and that's why the so-called atheist in the industrialized countries don't experience "demonic" attacks. They are human artificial; that is, zombies. They are already dead.

The nubians on the other hand, are the oldest people who incarnated during the positive cycle, they are the physical manifestation of the positive aspect of "God". Nubia(or africa) is the true holy land and it is the oldest land inhabitated by humans. It does not drift like the other continents. The true meridian is in kemetic not greenwich. Nubia, as the oldest land, has the highest concentration of spirit beings both good and bad that are easily channeled through the heavily melanited bodies of nubians. Demons can steal "God" information or knowledge from their melanited bodies.

In this current time cycle, the demonic beings are dominant but we are also exiting this cycle.

Hey Mr nubain enthusiast.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Kuns: 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2008
The demons only effect Black christians who practice christianity from a euro-centric prospective.

Christianity viewed from an eurocentric prospective could be very damaging and like to satanism, which is what christianity really is , it is low grade satanism.

When christianity is view and practiced from an afrocentric prospective it become empowering, fulfilling and rewarding.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by duduspace(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Lady~:

Two major differences between the church and the philosophers/scientists of those times:

1. The philosophers were not killing anyone for their beliefs even if he believed the earth was hexagonal or even crumpled up like a piece of paper all they sought was to understand natural phenomenon around them while the Church laid claim to supernatural inspiration which must be obeyed hence their giving Socrates a cup of hemlock to kill him because according to them, he was an heretic. Have you ever heard of someone being killed for being a scientific heretic?

2. The philosophers were open to a new understanding of their world provided that someone else could prove that what they believed in the past was wrong but the same could not be said of the church who were bent on maintaining the status quo because it was supposedly from some supernatural/religious authority.

I do like the fact that you appreciate the fact that "We human beings learn more about our environment as time progresses" but am I to take that to mean that you are open to the idea that there is a possibility of the non existence of witches and wizards? if you are open to that idea, then reconsider some of the points that some others have made here and they might just begin to make a little more sense.

I cannot say much about the "Near Death Experience" you had (or someone you knew had) because NDEs have largely not being studied and people do come up with a lot of "Revelations" from such experiences but I wonder why they never agree at the same conclusion of what the afterlife is or if there is one and my personal rationalization of it is that it is the brain once again at work since our dream atimes can be so vivid (and some people do claim to see the future in their dreams) but yu and I know that such phenomenon is largely unreliable and unreproducable because we all have dreams and dreams are usually verified after the fact but dream studies do show a lot of brain activity during the REM phase of sleep (this is my personal belief as I know of no studies in that regards but borrowing only from sleep/dream studies).

And you do miss the point in my earlier post, it is not about the church being wrong before hence being wrong again (even though that is also a very distinct possibility) rather it is to illustrate the danger inherent in just accepting religious views as fact without even bothering to see other perspectives to an issue or phenomenon or alternative explanations from science which are often backed with factual evidence and are usually reproducable unlike these religious views that have often only been passed around by word of mouth.  I'll give you examples of some of the beliefs that existed in the past(which some people still beleive unfortunately and which you will probably laugh at)

1. That a rainbow comes up in the sky when some particular breed  of water animal are doing the wild thing
2. That Lightning can be controlled and sent to kill someone and that there is a lightning bullet that will be removed from the body (edun ara)
3. That the spirit of the dead come to the market to transact and that you can see them when you bend and peer backwards in between your legs.

Need I go on?,

And I must say that most of the contempt has come from the religious bigots on this forum who show no desire in even trying to think things through at all rather coming to spew well rehearsed thoughtless cliches on the forum.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by pope11: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2008
That you don't believe in the existence of Electricity does not mean touching a live wire will not send the individual to heaven. There are Good and Evil spirit. Fear and some other negative/bad habits opens the door to evil spirit while Faith opens the gate to Good Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by sartorius(m): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2008
thanks for the post, its a very complex matter, so many lines to be drawn eg btw belief and insanity.one of my friend once said that if all the General Overseers were given tabs of Cpz, they wont hear any message? but i am a christian , i have faith, i see know reason not to believe as i will lose not.
i know someone v. close, young in mid-20's,an undergraduate in Lag, he gave his life to christ 2 yrs ago, prior to that he was a yahoo yahoo boy, he had money spent hundreds of thousand in clubs, so i tripped when i realised he had changed, he sold his, laptop, 406 and bullet , forfeited abt 1 mill, bought a public adress system started preaching, then he went in too deep in the spirit world, he hears voices that takes him to far west african countries became like equivalent of jihadists.
i worry psychosis has come into play.Why do we need to disturb the spirits and is there a line that seperates sanity from all these stuff, /
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2008
Why would witches and wizards go after people already in their possession (the atheists)?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by DonEse125(f): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2008
There are no such things as witches. I do not deny the existence of evil spirits,but witches? Come on! The very idea is ludicrous,that there are peeps who fly about in the nite,'chopping' their fellow humans,drinking their blood and meeting on iroko trees,ridiculous i say. It's not religion or faith(even tho i am a religious person),its just common sense. There is no such thing as a witch,period,and all the 'examples' you've given can be xplained very easily.@OP,the man who heard voices is not suffering from OCD;in layman's terms,that's just an obsessive need for neatness and order,bordering on paranoia. He's suffering from a psychotic delusion in which he hears voices telling him to kill people. The same goes for the other girl;she's suffering from a delusion or fantasy if you will,in which she truly believes that she's possesed by evil spirits. It happens more often than you think;a lot of serial killers have psychotic delusions;some tink they're sent by God to purge the earth of sinners and actually kill people they believe to be in that category,some feel the govt is watchin them and are obsessed with the thought that there are chips in them,them list goes on. People who believe in witches predispose their minds to fear and are quick to blame accidents and other unfortunate incidents on these unseen forces.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2008
This one no be lie, I witnessed this incident in my hometown, Uyo.

An old woman around Ikot Ekpene Road in Uyo drew the attention of pedestrians. I dont know why, but I decided to witness what was going on. She was just talking, and then one of my former classmates in high school became suspicious and commented that he was suspicious that the woman was not a good woman. The woman may have said that she was a witch, and curious bystanders asked her, to dig more into this abominable practise.

She started singing and dancing, in broad daylight, that in their coven world, they would sing "Tim Nek, isiereke" (Keep dancing, it's not yet morning). She was kicked by some dudes, but I ran away.

Tell me, was she delusional or was she a witch?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bawomolo(m): 12:05am On Dec 27, 2008
Ndipe:

This one no be lie, I witnessed this incident in my hometown, Uyo.

An old woman around Ikot Ekpene Road in Uyo drew the attention of pedestrians. I don't know why, but I decided to witness what was going on. She was just talking, and then one of my former classmates in high school became suspicious and commented that he was suspicious that the woman was not a good woman. The woman may have said that she was a witch, and curious bystanders asked her, to dig more into this abominable practise.

She started singing and dancing, in broad daylight, that in their coven world, they would sing "Tim Nek, isiereke" (Keep dancing, it's not yet morning). She was kicked by some dudes, but I ran away.

Tell me, was she delusional or was she a witch?

delusional, paranoid or whatever. she needs to be taking to the nearest psychiatric hospital.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by pope11: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2008
The same reason you don't run after a chiken in a cage. It's a matter of time.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by lucabrasi(m): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2008
@post
because even if evil spirits was dealing with them right now,they will have a rational scientific explanation for it,that why the devil is so skillfull he ll inflict you with evil stuffs that can be rationally explained to that there wont be any suspicion,remember the whole point is for the evil spirits to stay as long as possible,even foreever in an individual's body so it has to blend in , up to you if you thnk evil spirits dont exist but check yourself smiley
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by olivetree: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2008
I have read with amusement how some of us have been using "common sense" and "science" to rationalise the fact that there are no witches or evil spirits.

There are so many instances of the operations of spiritual force all over the place that its only when we try to rationalise them that we start telling ourselves that they are not real.
There have been cases of road accidents that the drivers of the cars or vehicles that are involved in such will tell u that they were swayed by certain forces beyond their comprehension. Or the cases of people sleeping and not waking up, or the cases where you see someone that is unable to conceive for several years, yet they have gone thru various medical tests which have revealed that they and their spouse are in perfect condition.

Or why do u think in the olden days,parents used to consult herbalists toknow the future of their children? If you are truly from Nigeria, esp ibo or yoruba and u re used to things that happen in the villages, then i dont know why you can say there are no witches

Likewise, you see certain people having dreams whch come to pass. All these are pointers to the fact that there are evil spirits an witches. The good thing however is that the power of the almight God, the King of King is superior to every other eil power or that of a witch.

Evil spirits wont worry anybody that is not a threat to them, rather they go after those they know are a threat to them.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2008
It's funny how the buppies (the rationalists) and the extremely religious are battling this one out. Can't wait to see who's gonna win this one. Keep it coming guys
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Donsimon1(m): 1:36am On Jan 01, 2009
To say that demons don't attack Aethists is not correct. Because they don't believe in their existence, they simply suffer in Ignorance. It is only the name of JESUS that have got the authority and power to cast out evil spirits!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Donsimon1(m): 1:38am On Jan 01, 2009
To say that demons don't attack Aethists is not correct. Because they don't believe in their existence, they simply suffer in Ignorance. It is only the name of JESUS that have got the authority and power to cast out evil spirits!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by nicetohave(m): 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2009
Don simon:

pope 1:

The same reason you don't run after a chiken in a cage. It's a matter of time.
Troynow:

Why would witches and wizards go after people already in their possession (the atheists)?
pope 1:

That you don't believe in the existence of Electricity does not mean touching a live wire will not send the individual to heaven. There are Good and Evil spirit. Fear and some other negative/bad habits opens the door to evil spirit while Faith opens the gate to Good Spirit.

I only highlighted a few posts here that describes an appropriate response. He who has an ear, let him listen (not just hear)
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by madskillz: 12:17am On Jan 05, 2009
cant blive y'all been talkin bout these for more than 5 pages! christians GO TO CHURCH
Muslims GO TO MASALACI
traditionalists CONVERT( that will help)
AETHEISTS WELL, u know, lol
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by 888boy: 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2009
You want to know the truth. Those who seem to ignore demons have the Bigest Demons on thier trails, the demon of :It doesnt matter.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by tallnaijaf: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2009
I have not read the postings contained in this thread
however I have a question which can be covered under the current theme
Why do Nigerians in General believe in Obeah, Necromancy, wizards, witches and the entire gamut of
Spiritual fiends

I am always open for enlightenment.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ Topic

The answer is very simple. What you dont know cant hurt you.

Demons, Witches, Wizards, Mami-water a.k.a Marine Spirit a.k.a Mermaids, Evil Spirits, e.t.c. are just propaganda being used by the christian sect to exploit their followers and keep them under control.

If you havent hurt no demon, why should the demon wanna hurt you??

All these witchcraft stufff sounds like something straight out of a hollywood sci-fi movie.

Okija Juju TM
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by emiversace(m): 11:54am On Jan 12, 2009
my guys na funny things dey happen for Africa. even if witches full 4 Europe na 2 do good na im dem dey not 3 do bad as we dey see am 4 Africa. 4 ur in4mation e no get where witches nor dey but d question be say wetin dem dey do with deir evil power. just like the name implies witches is assoiated with good things that is why white witches do good and black is associated with bad things that is why black Africa witches use their powers for evil.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by tonicar2007: 7:07am On Jan 22, 2009
I find out that anytime I pray against demons,I get nigthmares,so my advise,stay off that angle.Evil is Real,even History tells us that the Europeans publicly executed witches so that Prosperit will reign in the Land,the Bible Tells us"SUFFER A WITCH NOT TO LIVE"Omo mehn, Wizo's exist,but Jesus is still LORD.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ify3: 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2009
The answer is very simple. What you dont know cant hurt you.

Demons, Witches, Wizards, Mami-water a.k.a Marine Spirit a.k.a Mermaids, Evil Spirits, e.t.c. are just propaganda being used by the christian sect to exploit their followers and keep them under control.

If you havent hurt no demon, why should the demon wanna hurt you??

All these witchcraft stufff sounds like something straight out of a hollywood sci-fi movie.

As your name implies, you want to deceive Christians so that they'll leave your kingdom alone to keep on tormenting them. Thank God they will never relent.
Why must the demons attack those that serve them faithfully.
Yes, they attack those that are never faithful to them. But, they lied, because Christians will never allow their kingdom to be.
You're free to believe whatever. But a question remains for you, "How did you come into existence"?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Maykelly(f): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2009
Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? No. the Atheist are already monsters. their life does not have meaning to them. they are those who kill their wife, and children with gun. their existence seems meaningless to them - because they have lost their true being.

They take charge of themselves meanwhile they cannot give account of their life - i.e where they come from or will be going. they are complete ndi nzuzu. grin
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by chikito1(f): 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2009
There is no need for the demons to attack people who do not beleive in God.

Only makes thier work easier as they are already walking the road that leads to destruction anyway.

People who do not beleive in God can do anything and everything as there is no conscience. no way of life

You wonder why it's hard to remian righteous and get to heaven, cos the devil will not allow it. But for anyone

who thinks other wise, its good for the devil cos they are all sorted, they only need to go after the ones that

are steadfast and looking up to God. Simple Pick your choice. i guess you have anyway.

Also who tells you that only christians etc are always possessed?

Atheists are also possessed, and the reason is because they have already accepted it and either do not know or

act under instructions and claim its free thinking.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Truthonly(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2009
bindex:

I just got back to nigeria about 6 weeks ago, and all i see is "demonic forces" in action every where i went. I visited my girl's house and discovered that her 14 years old younger brother was attacked by evil spirits, he was taken to a prayer house where he still is as at now, we payed him a visit and during our visit i talked to him about how he felt and what was really wrong with him, he told me that he see things and hears voices most especially when he is in the dark that he wouldnt want to discuss with me, he urged me to just continue to pray for him. I visited kano(my home state) i was born a muslim but we converted to christainity when my mum decided to convert to her previous religion after the death of my dad(she became a muslim after they got married) and in kano i experienced the same thing.

I visited my moslem relatives on the other end (I still lie to them that I am a muslim to gain acceptance) and experienced the same thing, there was a girl who is a relative of a wife of my cousin, she was attacked by Aljanu (evil spirits ), and was brought to a mallam who lives in my cousins vicinity, we took the girl there and the mallam began to pray for her using the Koran, once he started praying for her she began to scream, cry and roll on the floor, she begged them to stop reading the Koran and promised to leave the young lady alone and never to return, they asked the so called Aljani what his name was, his age, where he came from and the reason he got hold of the young girl, the girl said somethings and continued to shout and scream when ever the mallam read the verses from the Koran, the young girl kept saying things that were not very clear and of no particular meaning, she was speaking in tongues the way christains do, in short it was really a DRAMICTIC scene, having been brought up as a muslim i had witnessed such events about twice or trice when i was a kid but it was really strange and eerie since i no longer believe in islam and had never witnessed such a thing for a very long time.

I came back to Benue and the same saga continued, I visited one of my friend and his brother inlaw was also attacked by "demonic forces" we went to visit him in the church, there is a place where they housed the demon possessed individuals, there were many people with different levels of insanity inside the building when we entered. When I went in I chatted with a few of them, I asked them how they were feeling and some told me they were getting better, one of them confided in me and confessed that he still keeps hearing voices urging him to kill the pastor and the guy that takes care of them, i was bewildered.

I have been living in Europe for the past 3 years, i earned my masters degree in Sweden, I have been to Germany and Ukraine. Europeans are mostly atheist as i found out when i went there, infact most of the people i have meet there(i have meet quite a lot of people there) were atheist. why don't they experience any witches, demons and Aljanu? i have never experienced or heard about anything like that amongts my european atheist friends, infact they don't know what it means to be possessed by evil spirit, I am an atheist leaning agnostic who believes that there are somethings that appear supernatural based on my experiences as a former moslem and christain. I am asking this question because most of the people here in Nigeria are blinded by dogma, which makes it difficult to have this kind of discussion with them, they start quoting from the bible or koran things they have little or no knowledge about besides i don't want to sow the seed of suspicion amongst my family and friends with such questions since every body here is very religious, and as the saying goes when in rome do as the romans do, so my question to any one who feels he has an answer is, Why is it that witches, Wizard, Aljanu and Demons never attack atheist but only attack religious people?

Dear Bindex

I'll start by showing you the BIG picture and AGENDA: The purpose God for man is that they be saved from eternal damnation through the acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice of death and resurrection.

However that of the devil for man is to destroy the man(creation) that God loves so much, by ensuring they never come to the knowledge of this truth. He was cast out of God's kingdom along with other angels that harbored the seed of iniquity in them. These are the demons roaming the earth today.

Now, even though I think your example is a little isolated and not generally correct; I'll say why should the devil bother with the atheists knowing they are already where he wants them, he need not bother them, rather he concentrates on those who are close to that knowledge of truth.

I say 'close to' because when you come to the knowledge of the power of the Gospel to save, no demon hatched out of hell can successfully oppress you. However, the problem is that this truth is still not prevalent in christiandom; but it is growing strong and many are being set free through this knowledge. That's the reason for the preaching of the Gospel, that's God's number 1 business and concern on planet earth. Hallelujah

One more thing you should bare in mind; TRUTH is constant, if you believe it-it works for you. If you do not believe it-it is to your own disadvantage.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches / Timothy Omotoso Denied Bail In South Africa / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.