Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,491 members, 7,888,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:33 AM

There Was A Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Was A Country (952 Views)

It’s Time To Let Biafrans Go; They Are Eligible As A Country – Fani Kayode / Name A Country Without The Letter "A" / Ill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Was A Country by hitleraldof(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
Reading Chinua Achebe's "there was a country",it felt like he was standing before me narrating his masterpiece.Postulating to me his own ideas and taught on that decisive era. Then I began to understand that there really was a country.
That country is now being riddled with religious and ethnic bigotry, it's leaders are inept and incompetent, intolerance and selfishness rules various factions.
At the end, I begin to realize that the price of that war was not paid by Gowon nor Ojukwu not even Awolowo rather it shall be paid by us the pedigrees of that exsanguinated generation as we pit ourselves intellectual against intellectual, soldier against soldier, brother against brother until we arise victorious from the ashes of that great holocaust in which we are still bathed as the true giants of Africa #team one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: There Was A Country by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
Believe me bro, it will take God's intervention to achieve a unified Nigeria. An average African is tribalistic else why would they sell their fellow Africans for slavery. And the Whites are banking on this discord to consolidate their supremacy. There's strength in unity. For those gullible people who proposes dissolution. Can they tell us d reason for d Rivers, Edo n Ekiti house of Assembly since they believe d North is a problem? Not until every citizens direct their thinking to a positive direction can we get it right.
Re: There Was A Country by hitleraldof(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
honjohnbright:
Believe me bro, it will take God's intervention to achieve a unified Nigeria. An average African is tribalistic else why would they sell their fellow Africans for slavery. And the Whites are banking on this discord to consolidate their supremacy. There's strength in unity. For those gullible people who proposes dissolution. Can they tell us d reason for d Rivers, Edo n Ekiti house of Assembly since they believe d North is a problem? Not until every citizens direct their thinking to a positive direction can we get it right.

(1) (Reply)

Je Suis Baga Et Nigerian(i Am Baga And Nigerian / My 100 Days Covenant With Nigerians – Muhammadu Buhari / Apc Begging For Vote From Legocians Through Phone Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.