Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:26 PM

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush (14449 Views)

More Than 30 Potential Death Threats A Day Targeted At President Obama / Journalist Flings Shoes At President Bush / The Rape Of Iraqi Women By Us Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2008
Tayo-D, trying to educate Richy on the Iraq war is like trying to soak a rock . . . his mind is already set on that issue.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
Tayo-D:

@RichyBlack,
Even Bush never claimed he invaded Iraq because of 911. You will do well to stick to the facts.
It is not about looking for countires to invade. It is about fighting terrorism. Have you heard of the Bush doctrine? Perhaps, you need Palin to educate you a little bit on that  grin. Why Saudi? How many countires has Saudi invaded? How many of their own people have they killed? When did they gas their citizens? Please provide a logical explanation how Saudi should be next. We all know that terrorism isn't bound by any State boundaries. Institutions that support or show a tendency to support terrorism is what the US will fight.
And what a slowpoke you are. The US had no beef with the country itself, but with the ruler - Saddam. They took him out and the Iraqis turned on themselves.  
Your inability to think does not make you realise that there is one thing that binds all the terrorists together. That one thing is ideology. Ideology has nothing to do with sex or nationality, which is what you are claiming here. The unbroken cord that ties all these people together is the ideology provided by no other but Islam.

But like I said before, this is a complex problem. That islam is the ideology that propelled these guys to kill does not make all muslims terrorists. However, the reason for their alliance and common hatred for the West is Islam.  You might want to confirm your stupidity by claiming it is their country or their privates, but to a reasonable person out there, it is Islam.

Okay, simple questions for you:
If taking out Saddam was the objective of your political hero, Bush, why did he frame Saddam up that he had WMD? Why did your mentor lie to invade Iraq? Can you answer this most basic question?

Bush is a slowpoke, and only a bigger slowpoke will think of defending George W. Bush. Even your party, the Republican party, avoided him like plague during the last election.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by debosky(m): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
As an aside - the 15 who were 'Saudi' were simply carrying Saudi passports - According to Saudis, many of those passports were stolen/lost and used by impersonators. If you dare lose a Saudi passport today, you'll have to return to Saudi and wait of 4 months for a detailed investigation before you can let travel again.

Just to throw in more spice - the bombers could have been Iraqis  grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Tayo-D, trying to educate Richy on the Iraq war is like trying to soak a rock . . . his mind is already set on that issue.

David,

How can you be a staunch Obama supporter and still try to justify the most stupid action, so far, of the 21st century - invading Iraq?

All clear-headed people, including Obama, are against this war! The war was based on lies and Iraq had no connection to 9/11! Even the Bush White House has acknowledged that Saddam had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks!

Let us call a spade a spade! Bush is a fool and the Iraq war was, and still is, a disastrous blunder!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

David,

How can you be a staunch Obama supporter and still try to justify the most stupid action, so far, of the 21st century - invading Iraq?

All clear-headed people, including Obama, are against this war! The war was based on lies and Iraq had no connection to 9/11! Even the Bush White House has acknowledged that Saddam had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks!

Let us call a spade a spade! Bush is a fool and the Iraq war was, and still is, a disastrous blunder!

I'm not justifying the invasion of Iraq. It was a stupid move that has backfired badly but at the same time what's done is done . . .
But lets be honest, the real reason Iraq imploded was because Iran and other terrorist groups saw a perfect opportunity for a new breeding ground for terror groups and to perpetuate a puppet regime like Lebanon.
The war was essentially over within 3 weeks.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2008
debosky:

As an aside - the 15 who were 'Saudi' were simply carrying Saudi passports - According to Saudis, many of those passports were stolen/lost and used by impersonators. If you dare lose a Saudi passport today, you'll have to return to Saudi and wait of 4 months for a detailed investigation before you can let travel again.

Just to throw in more spice - the bombers could have been Iraqis  grin

Common, haba! They could have been Israelis! grin

No sane person should defend George W. Bush. History will not, and should not, be kind to him!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2008
@RichyBlack,

Okay, simple questions for you: If taking out Saddam was the objective of your political hero, Bush, why did he frame Saddam up that he had WMD? Why did your mentor lie to invade Iraq? Can you answer this most basic question?
Is it paining you that my so-called mentor Bush, brought an end to the despotic rulership of your mentor - Saddam?  I do not miss Saddam, do you?

Bush is a slowpoke, and only a bigger slowpoke will think of defending George W. Bush. Even your party, the Republican party, avoided him like plague during the last election.
You just like to make accusations and statements that have no basis. I am no Republican nor am I a Democrat. I am not defending Bush here, but stating what amounts to facts.

You failed to counter my earlier assertion which is: "More than sex and nationality, the single most vital ideology that propelled the dastardly acts of 911 is undergirded by Islam.  True or false."
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by doyin13(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Abi oo. . . .

But just as big a blunder, it would have been, if the Americans had pulled out too quickly
following the invasion.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

I'm not justifying the invasion of Iraq. It was a stupid move that has backfired badly but at the same time what's done is done . . .
But lets be honest, the real reason Iraq imploded was because Iran and other terrorist groups saw a perfect opportunity for a new breeding ground for terror groups and to perpetuate a puppet regime like Lebanon.
The war was essentially over within 3 weeks.

Good!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
doyin13:

Abi oo. . . .

But just as big a blunder, it would have been, if the Americans had pulled out too quickly
following the invasion.

True!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by doyin13(m): 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

I bet the families of the victims on both the Iraqi and American side wished they could afford a nonchalant ''what's done is done''
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Common, haba! They could have been Israelis! grin

No sane person should defend George W. Bush. History will not, and should not, be kind to him!

Take out the Iraq war, Bush hasnt done badly at all.

The Iraq war for me has become a ready excuse in the hands of despotic arab leaders. Too sad that we are all too happy to buy into their lies.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2008
doyin13:

I bet the families of the victims on both the Iraqi and American side wished they could afford a nonchalant ''what's done is done''

The American families ok but the Iraqi families? Where they any better off under Saddam? Puhlease lets be realistic here . . .
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by doyin13(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

The American families ok but the Iraqi families? Where they any better off under Saddam? Puhlease lets be realistic here . . .

abi ooo grin grin

They were headed for the death chamber anyways
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2008
Tayo-D:

@RichyBlack,
Is it paining you that my so-called mentor Bush, brought an end to the despotic rulership of your mentor - Saddam?  I do not miss Saddam, do you?
You just like to make accusations and statements that have no basis. I am no Republican nor am I a Democrat. I am not defending Bush here, but stating what amounts to facts.

You failed to counter my earlier assertion which is: "More than sex and nationality, the single most vital ideology that propelled the dastardly acts of 911 is undergirded by Islam.  True or false."

I'm not going to bash Islam because of 19 hijackers. However, I'll say this: the one-sided foreign policy of the United States regarding the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories has been utilized by extremists, who justify their actions on certain controversial teachings in Islam, to wage a "holy war" against "the infidels". This rationalization by these radical elements, though too simplistic, is not out of the norm.

If the US, under President Obama, returns to the good old days of diplomacy, and make Israel understand that they just can't be dropping one-tonne bombs on buildings in densely-populated Palestinian neighborhoods just so as to assassinate one man, then these radicals will begin to lose whatever support they're getting from the Arab/Muslim population.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

I'm not going to bash Islam because of 19 hijackers. However, I'll say this: the one-sided foreign policy of the United States regarding the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories has been utilized by extremists, who justify their actions on certain controversial teachings in Islam, to wage a "holy war" against "the infidels". This rationalization by these radical elements, though too simplistic, is not out of the norm.

If the US, under President Obama, returns to the good old days of diplomacy, and make Israel understand that they just can't be dropping one-tonne bombs on buildings in densely-populated Palestinian neighborhoods just so as to assassinate one man, then these radicals will begin to lose whatever support they're getting from the Arab/Muslim population.

Richy lets be honest here . . . until Israel ceases to exist arabs will not rest. The problem is not America's "one-sided foreign policy", it is that Jews have dared to even exist as a nation.

Israel has not dropped one-tonne bombs on anyone . . . the Russians and Chinese have been way more ruthless on muslims YET we dont see terrorists crying.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2008
@RichyBlack,

I'm not going to bash Islam because of 19 hijackers.
Very convenient answer. But you can bash and justify the invasion of Saudi Arabia due to their actions.  How incredibly convenient.

However, I'll say this: the one-sided foreign policy of the United States regarding the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories has been utilized by extremists, who justify their actions on certain controversial teachings in Islam, to wage a "holy war" against "the infidels". This rationalization by these radical elements, though too simplistic, is not out of the norm.
If you can justify their actions through the Palestinian-Isreali conflict, perhaps we can then justify Bush's action for invading iraq because Saddam was firing into Isreal during Gulf war 1, though unprovoked. Do you remember that Isreal never fired a shot back? They did not send terrorists to bomb civilian targets in Baghdad either. By the way, I hope you know you are also an infidel.

Well, the 911 attack was planned long before Bush came to the White House. So what is your point?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by doyin13(m): 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Richy lets be honest here . . . until Israel ceases to exist arabs will not rest. The problem is not America's "one-sided foreign policy", it is that Jews have dared to even exist as a nation.

Israel has not dropped one-tonne bombs on anyone . . . the Russians and Chinese have been way more ruthless on muslims YET we don't see terrorists crying.

well muslims are wreaking havoc on Russian and Chinese soil as well.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by MrCrackles(m): 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2008
I just went back to watch the video again grin

Damn dude has great reflexes cheesy

If i was that journalist, i would have packaged some big shit in an old daily times newspaper and lobbed it at his wrinkly face

Then i would follow that up with a bloody missile to bomb him into extinction
! grin grin cheesy
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Israel has not dropped one-tonne bombs on anyone . . . the Russians and Chinese have been way more ruthless on muslims YET we don't see terrorists crying.

But we shouldn't compare America to China - the Chinese government has no enviable moral center. The Russians invaded Afghanistan because they saw the problem brewing in there decades before the Americans knew how to spell "Afghanistan" grin

The Muslims who want to see an end to the existence of Israel are wasting their time. The joint forces of the US military and the IDF will guarantee Israel's existence for a long time. The real issue is how to use diplomacy to secure a truly meaningful existence for Israel and her citizens. One of cordial relations between Israel and the many Muslim states surrounding her.

If you have Israeli friends, you'll know that they do not feel free to just pick up their backpack and travel to some major tourist spots in the world (especially those with only Isreali passports). Many only travel to the US from Israel and back to Israel. They live in fear; fear that if their Israeli citizenship is revealed that they may be killed. This fear is largely based on the perception that Israel is an oppressive state. Israel has one "big" friend - the US, but she needs many other "little" friends too.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2008
MrCrackles:

I just went back to watch the video again grin

Damn dude has great reflexes cheesy

If i was that journalist, i would have packaged some big shit in an old daily times newspaper and lobbed it at his wrinkly face

[s]Then i would follow that up with a bloody missile to bomb him into extinction[/s]
! grin grin cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by lawyer(m): 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2008
The only thing that makes me very sad is the fact the guy missed from such a close range sad

I have been picturing the image in my head if in fact the 2 shoes whacked Bush on his forehead and the second one on his throat!

It would have been the bestest Christmas Present to the world ever! grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by MrCrackles(m): 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2008
lawyer:

The only think that makes me very sad is the fact the guy missed from such a close range sad

I have been picturing the image in my head if in fact the 2 shoes whacked Bush on his forehead and the second one on his throat!

It would have been the bestest Christmas Present to the world ever! grin

I swear the guy messed up

You don't get a chance to murder a president on a platter everyday

that was a golden opportunity fluffed snd scuppered
! grin cheesy
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2008
@MrCrackles,

I just went back to watch the video again

Damn dude has great reflexes

Then i would follow that up with a bloody missile to bomb him into extinction!
Unfortunately for the Bobo, Bush came out of that episode singing: "You can't touch this". cheesy
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

But we shouldn't compare America to China - the Chinese government has no enviable moral center.

that is the answer we always get whenever your double standard is exposed. What is the meaning of "enviable moral center"? Is it the double standards that America and Israel are held unto so we can bash them and then cry foul when they retaliate?

RichyBlacK:

The Russians invaded Afghanistan because they saw the problem brewing in there decades before the Americans knew how to spell "Afghanistan" grin

and pray now that the Americans have gone there to contain the problem even the Russians failed to contain you still bash the Americans?

RichyBlacK:

The Muslims who want to see an end to the existence of Israel are wasting their time. The joint forces of the US military and the IDF will guarantee Israel's existence for a long time. The real issue is how to use diplomacy to secure a truly meaningful existence for Israel and her citizens. One of cordial relations between Israel and the many Muslim states surrounding her.

This man must be hallucinating. What kind of "cordial relations" are you talking about? The muslims want only one "cordial relations" with Israel . . . one in which jews are minorities in the Islamic republic of palestine.

Unless you are signing up for genocide be rest assured that America and Israel will continue to be attacked by the muslim world for spurious "foreing policy failures" - code for the effontery of Israel's existence.

RichyBlacK:

If you have Israeli friends, you'll know that they do not feel free to just pick up their backpack and travel to some major tourist spots in the world (especially those with only Isreali passports). Many only travel to the US from Israel and back to Israel. They live in fear; fear that if their Israeli citizenship is revealed that they may be killed. This fear is largely based on the perception that Israel is an oppressive state. Israel has one "big" friend - the US, but she needs many other "little" friends too.

That is a fraudulent lie. The fear is based on the FACT that Islam will not rest until Israel as a jewish state is wiped off the map. The Iranian president, hezbollah, hamas, even FATAH have said as much so pls spare us.

China, Russia, Syria, North Korea . . . now those are oppressive states . . . where is the muslim outrage?

And just who are the jews oppressing?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2008
What an idiot!!!

He should have thrown a bomb in Bush's face.

Would have been more fun watching his face explode
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 16, 2008
Bush is a disgrace to the world. He led bad. He is leaving world financial market in turmoil. Assuming i was there, i could had stoned him too with my shoe. imagine thousands of innocent life lost in iraq.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by saintbiddy(m): 1:39am On Dec 16, 2008
George w bush was once a boxer that was why the shoes didnt get to him,u need to watch as he was dodging the shoes
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by hedges007(m): 2:36am On Dec 16, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin
I can't stop watching the video clip over and over again. Its quite funny and nasty.

Nice throw, Nice Parrying.

Bush Odey-eshi, was quite potent. I'm sure he would have parried snipper bullets or straight missiles, if any.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by ogbongzky(m): 3:16am On Dec 16, 2008
Oh boy, i never know sey Bush self fit dodge that show like dt oooo, 3 Gbosa for Bush, GBOSA, GBOSA, GBOSAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 3:21am On Dec 16, 2008
The shoe thrower should have done a trial run.
Below is the route the projectile should have followed (if lobbed right).

Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 4:15am On Dec 16, 2008
An ode to the shoe-ter

I woke up this morning
With life a bit boring
Oh how deploring
Must find something doing

I've got the blues
Why? I've got no clue
But I'll take off my shoes
And throw 'em at Bush

Oh what a bliss
If I hadn't miss
As Bush showed some skill
His reflex perfect indeed

Now I am a Guest
In Maliki's inner cell
Can someone get me a pen
How did I get in this mess?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa / Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Is Dead / Iran Captures Intruding US Drone Over Persian Gulf Waters

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.