Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:26 PM

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush (14449 Views)

More Than 30 Potential Death Threats A Day Targeted At President Obama / Journalist Flings Shoes At President Bush / The Rape Of Iraqi Women By Us Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Afam(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2008
@RichyBlack & Tornadoz,

Silent hailing.

Trust me I saw through these clowns years ago. Logic, reason and common sense are not things you would want to associate them with, not now, not even next year.

Now that Bush is leaving the White House they will realize that the blind support has indeed earned them nothing but public embarrassment.

Compliments of the season joo
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2008
@Afam,

@RichyBlack & Tornadoz,

Silent hailing.

Trust me I saw through these clowns years ago. Logic, reason and common sense are not things you would want to associate them with, not now, not even next year.

Now that Bush is leaving the White House they will realize that the blind support has indeed earned them nothing but public embarrassment.

Query check through the quoted statements above in search of logic, reason and common sense came back with the following results:

Logic - None found

Reason - Na yams.

Common Sense - Couldn't even find a brain!

Conclusion - The subject statements appear to have been written by a daft, and no doubt authored by one.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 18, 2008
Afam:

@RichyBlack & Tornadoz,

Silent hailing.

where is your own? grin grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Afam(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2008
@TayoD ati davidylan,

Logic - The two of you have used multiple usernames on this forum when you were banned by the Forum admin for gross stupidity and that makes the two of you criminally minded, maybe scammers.

Reason - A person that will ordinarily use multiple identities on a public forum is more likely to lie, cheat and misinform people anytime he/she has the opportunity to do so.

Common sense - Habits they say die hard so it is useless trying to correct or educate people that lie and use multiple identities on discussion boards.

I am sure you guys now know why I kept telling RichyBlack and Tornadoz that they have been wasting time trying to make you people reason like human beings just for once.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by carmelily: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2008
@congoshine

You still on my case when you know you shouldn't be? grin grin grin

That makes two of us e dey teach me wetin be admin lol. funny JUVE!

this is all i asked - 15 of the 19 9-11 suspects were Saudis . . . imagine if an angry Fox journalist stoned King Fahd with his shoe in Washington . . .

@Davidylan
If a FOX news reporter threw his shoes at King Fahd, the Saudi government will make him an honorary member of the royal family. Complete with the outrageously obscene allowances the royals pay themselves.
Saudi Arabian and Egyptian governments are nothing but America's willing a$$ lickers. Ignoring the plight of their weaker, oppressed neighbours.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by hafees: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2008
@david

this is all i asked - 15 of the 19 9-11 suspects were Saudis . . . imagine if an angry Fox journalist stoned King Fahd with his shoe in Washington . . .

This is simple, a fox journalist will not 'shoe stone' king Fuhd because he did not order the suspect to do 9/11, Bush ordered the occupation of Iraq thereby the bombings and killing, Ofcourse he would ask them to rape (am not sure now)

@Tayo D
I am sure you hate Islam and Arabs but i will still explain. dont forget the fact that besides that they are muslims they are also arabs (race), and they also have political leanings even if it is not democrat/republican kinds (politicians with ideology), they are also young males (age). To link all these together: as Arabs they know there has been some injustice in the Isreali/palestine fracas with US and other world powers overtly showing support for the Isreali. As politician they beleive they think it is not  right for America to occupy soveriegn nations or dictate style of government etc and as young people who have the energy they want to liberate their people, Dont forget they still fit into the same categories as che guvera, and Fidel castro of those days except they are Muslims and arabs. Now if you have a big bully in your neibourhood who you can not confront cause he will just laugh and kill you, what do you do, gather your friends hide some where he would pass, rain stones on him and run away. its the Guerilla tactics, so please stop giving names such as fundamentalist, extremist etc they are guerilla fighters. Others names are meant for Give a dog a bad name to hang it.
Inspite of all these submission, i think no one either side has the right to take another human life.
please lets rob mind further.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by hafees: 9:08am On Dec 18, 2008
i mean Bush would not ask them to rape, note correction please
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by seun001(m): 10:12am On Dec 18, 2008
Bush was attacked by a SHOEICIDE bomber!! grin grin grin grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by shawn123: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2008
@David
you need to stop being a sadist with these your comments. If Iraqis are hypocrites for not throwing shoes at Sadam while he was alive then we Nigerians are all hypocrites to for not stoning Abacha while he ruled us,
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by gamerod: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2008
Let Bush proove his popularity by riding and waving at the people of Iraq - in an open convoy - this is the only way to prove if he is judged rigthly in Iraq or judged wrongly.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Afam(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2008
game_rod:

Let Bush proove his popularity by riding and waving at the people of Iraq - in an open convoy - this is the only way to prove if he is judged rigthly in Iraq or judged wrongly.

Hmm, na so you wicked reach? That would be suicide mission.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by emiemi(f): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2008
seun001:

Bush was attacked by a SHOEICIDE bomber!! grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
In the midst of it, if we can still make a joke or two, we r on da gud path
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2008
@Afam,

I know you are an empty head with no ability to contribute anything meaningful to an intellectual discussion. This explains your default position of always attacking personalities without any meaningful thing to say. I will encourage you to persist at it because that is the only thing you are good at. The last time you tried to use the puss in your head, we know how you became the laughing stock of all. No one wants to hear from the guy who claims the way to solve our power problems is to deprive our industries of power.

Logic - The two of you have used multiple usernames on this forum when you were banned by the Forum admin for gross stupidity and that makes the two of you criminally minded, maybe scammers.
Let me tell you what criminal minded is. It is posting online as your picture, a group photograph of at least 20 people. If not that I called you up on it, you would have left it in place. Olodo. Care to share with people here what username I used previously and the one I used now? Care to tell them if I uploaded someone else's picture apart from mine? Did I use a different picture now as I did then? I just provided you with questions that will help you to think in a logical manner. Let's see if you can come up with a logical response to those bits.

Reason - A person that will ordinarily use multiple identities on a public forum is more likely to lie, cheat and misinform people anytime he/she has the opportunity to do so.
Stupid idiot. Perhaps you want to explain to your audience, what my reasons are for changing my username and the content of my first posting with the new username. I know you have no ability to reason, becuase reason is based on facts. You might want to present those facts so a reasonable person can make a good judgement. Speculations, bordering on lies, is not reasonable. Never mind that you've convinced yourself that it is.

Common sense - Habits they say die hard so it is useless trying to correct or educate people that lie and use multiple identities on discussion boards.
You must have tried very hard then to convince yourself that you are the dozens of people you posted online as yourself. That is not common sense. it is self delusion.

Your attempt to mask the fact that you have nothing reasonable to contribute is not working. You've always been a dolt, you are a dolt and you will always be one - Amen.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by TayoD1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2008
@hafees,

I'll respond to your submission because you've at least made an attept to address the issue here.

I am sure you hate Islam and Arabs but i will still explain.
What makes you so sure? I do not hate Islam any more than I hate Buddhism, Idolatory, Hinduism or Jainism. I hold the belief that they are erroneous ways, but everyone has the right to hold to whatever system of beliefs they choose. I am at least glad you never claimed that I hate muslims. I do have muslims in my extended family and I love them with all my heart.  As for hating Arabs, I see no reason why you claim I do. I am in no way, shape or form racist. I worked with Arabs while I was back in Nigeria. Infact, my first Boss was Lebanese, and at my next job, I was trained by an Egyptian to take up his role. I worked with and was a Boss to a number of them as well. So I can't fathom how you can make such a claim.

don't forget the fact that besides that they are muslims they are also arabs (race), and they also have political leanings even if it is not democrat/republican kinds (politicians with ideology), they are also young males (age).
If I understand you correctly, you think Richy and I may have limited our scope and should explore beyond the three factors we identified. So let me rephrase my earlier question, and hopefully you can provide some answers too:  "More than sex, age, race, political leanings or nationality, the single most vital ideology that propelled the dastardly acts of 911 is undergirded by Islam.  True or false."

To link all these together: as Arabs they know there has been some injustice in the Isreali/palestine fracas with US and other world powers overtly showing support for the Isreali.
What injustice please? You might want to list them here.  Jordan took over 80% or so of Palestine and no one is lobbying kayutsa rockets into their schools. Who wanted who annihilated? Isreal has every right to self-defence, just as you and I do.

As politician they beleive they think it is not  right for America to occupy soveriegn nations or dictate style of government etc and as young people who have the energy they want to liberate their people, don't forget they still fit into the same categories as che guvera, and Fidel castro of those days except they are Muslims and arabs.
If they feel like they have the moral justification to liberate their people, so why would you blame the US for having a moral conscience to try and get rid of a dictator who has being killing his own people?  Tell me, Martin Luther King also worked to liberate his own people. How many places did he bomb? He believed in and practiced non-violent confrontations and civil disobedience. Why was his ideology different from these folks? What made him different? Why didn't these guys learn from him and do the same? Please be honest in your reply.

Now if you have a big bully in your neibourhood who you can not confront cause he will just laugh and kill you, what do you do, gather your friends hide some where he would pass, rain stones on him and run away. its the Guerilla tactics, so please stop giving names such as fundamentalist, extremist etc they are guerilla fighters. Others names are meant for Give a dog a bad name to hang it.
You may go ahead and kill the bully's unprotected siblings because you can't face him directly. But at least, don't start crying foul when the bully strikes back.  We have enough lessons and examples in history that suggests that peaceful dissent and confrontations bring changes. Islam was never peaceful, not from the days of its founder. This is what they see and emulate. People like Paul and Martin Luther King on the other hand saw nothing but peaceful actions by their masters and followed suit. This is why I said this is about the ideology that inspires each party.

Inspite of all these submission, i think no one either side has the right to take another human life.
See, while I will love to live in a world where this is the case, it is not going to be so. Men have always killed each other and will continue to do so, world without end. No doubt there were collateral damage when the US invaded Iraq. However, much more civilians died in the hands of fellow Iraqis than they did in the hands of the US who happen to be more powerful and better armed. Why is that?

please lets rob mind further.
You've made some good and valid points and I will continue to debate them with you as long as we can stick to the points.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2008
shawn123:

@David
you need to stop being a sadist with these your comments. If Iraqis are hypocrites for not throwing shoes at Sadam while he was alive then we Nigerians are all hypocrites to for not stoning Abacha while he ruled us,

I asked a simple question and you call me a sadist? shocked
If Iraqis are hypocrites for not having the gall to stone Saddam for far worse crimes against HIS OWN PEOPLE then on what basis are they stoning Bush?

hafees:

@david

This is simple, a fox journalist will not 'shoe stone' king Fuhd because he did not order the suspect to do 9/11, Bush ordered the occupation of Iraq thereby the bombings and killing, Ofcourse he would ask them to rape (am not sure now)

Lets get one thing clear . . . Bush ordered the removal of Saddam not the invasion of Iraq. The removal of Saddam took less than 6 weeks, the reason US troops are still in Iraq today is not because they love Baghdad . . . its because arabs have a predilection for death and violence. The US needed to ensure Iraq did not become another breeding ground for terrorists.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by wiseone01(m): 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2008
fgfdgdf
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by hbrednic: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2008
wiseone_01:

screen shots

download the video of shoes being thrown at George bush its just 5 MB
how to
visit the link and click on a free user then wait for 30 secs then click on download
http://rapidshare.com/files/174590426/Shoe_Thrown_at_George_W_Bush_in_Iraq_UPLOADED_BY_THE_WISEONE_NIIT.rar.htm

http://rapidshare.com/files/174590426/Shoe_Thrown_at_George_W_Bush_in_Iraq_UPLOADED_BY_THE_WISEONE_NIIT.rar.htm

i know you want to share with others,
but whats the need of downloading the video
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by carmelily: 9:04am On Dec 19, 2008
hbrednic:

whats the need of downloading the video

For posterity! grin grin grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by seun001(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2008
i have d video that about 3mb, quote ur email if u want this.

and there's an internet game that portrays shoe throwing at Bush on the internet and guess what, USA leads with the most shoe throwers.21 million shoes have been thrown at Mr Bush in the game.though France,UAE and Saudi Arabia also tops the list of shoe throwers.hilarious i'd say. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Afam(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2008
Tayo-D:

No one wants to hear from the guy who claims the way to solve our power problems is to deprive our industries of power.

Typical liar. I would readily believe that you learnet how to lie from your parents. And to consider the fact that you are both a father and husband I really pity the rest of your family because a crook like you will only teach them to be crooks.

Tayo-D:

Let me tell you what criminal minded is. It is posting online as your picture, a group photograph of at least 20 people. If not that I called you up on it, you would have left it in place.

For the records I have never posted my picture online let alone posting one in error as I see no reason in posting my picture online so this your lie is just one of those you have been peddling for some time now.

It is a good thing that you made reference to the ape you posted as your picture. I may download it and send a copy to National Geographic Channel so they will have an up to date image gallery for apes in the world.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2008
If a FOX news reporter threw his shoes at King Fahd, the Saudi government will make him an honorary member of the royal family.

You're joking right?

If the above happened in Saudi, the reporter would probably be tortured and then executed.
Then you can add the fact that the whole Muslim world would probably be on the streets demonstrating and burning US flags.

If the reporter tried to do the same in the US he would probably be shot by the Secret Service before he could throw the second shoe. If he managed to survive, he would be jailed for assault.

Again, there would be loads of flag-burning in the Muslim world.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by hafees: 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
@Tayo D
What makes you so sure? I do not hate Islam any more than I hate Buddhism, Idolatory, Hinduism or Jainism. I hold the belief that they are erroneous ways, but everyone has the right to hold to whatever system of beliefs they choose
As a muslim i feel the same about your religion too, but i dont go about saying it cus its very sentitive, no one likes to be told his believes are errenous. A liitle restrain.

If I understand you correctly, you think Richy and I may have limited our scope and should explore beyond the three factors we identified. So let me rephrase my earlier question, and hopefully you can provide some answers too: "More than sex, age, race, political leanings or nationality, the single most vital ideology that propelled the dastardly acts of 911 is undergirded by Islam. True or false."
For your convenience you can pick out islam as the 'single most vital ideology' the other demographies i have given are definately vital, you should not isolate them to win an argumet, what do you think about castro and che guvera.

What injustice please? You might want to list them here. Jordan took over 80% or so of Palestine and no one is lobbying kayutsa rockets into their schools. Who wanted who annihilated? Isreal has every right to self-defence, just as you and I do.

I am sure you not very familiar with international relations at this level, this is beyond the biased reportage you listen to on CNN or BCC. do you know the precident of Isreali occupation of that place and more which was not their settlement until their many fracas:west bank, gollan,jerusalem etc, they need to slow down on their hautiness. Their brothers the palestinean gave them land when no one else was willing to accommodate after Hitlers madness, they are brothers inspite of u and I arguments. For argument sake u call their attacks self defence, ofcourse self defence with all the world powers supporting them, its sheer politics. the palestines or arab will not be to you-attak is the best form of defence and thats also the move behind Bush pre emptive strikes

If they feel like they have the moral justification to liberate their people, so why would you blame the US for having a moral conscience to try and get rid of a dictator who has being killing his own people? Tell me, Martin Luther King also worked to liberate his own people. How many places did he bomb? He believed in and practiced non-violent confrontations and civil disobedience. Why was his ideology different from these folks? What made him different? Why didn't these guys learn from him and do the same? Please be honest in your reply

should the United state break international laws? if every one does that there will be chaos. If Nigeria feels the president of Togo is not treating his people well we should go and remove him and occupy Togo. Does the united state need to lie about nuclear weapon to get into Iraq, because they cant tell any sensible thing to convince right thinking people for them to carry out their inhuman acts. its their country my brother they have got rights, to protect their people for US nada. luther King's situation is different, and all of us can not be him

See, while I will love to live in a world where this is the case, it is not going to be so. Men have always killed each other and will continue to do so, world without end. No doubt there were collateral damage when the US invaded Iraq. However, much more civilians died in the hands of fellow Iraqis than they did in the hands of the US who happen to be
again you are making convenient assumptions, Iraqi people are having the fun of their life, no one said saddam stole money, nothing like the rate of employment or poverty is high, infrastructures superb, security fine. those crying foul are politicians who wanted power by all means, friends of the the american invaders,they tried to kill him, he killed them. Now this is not to say saddam is a saint he's done some things considered not good, but most of it are even from the western media setting the agenda, they are specialist inxracer assasination and inducing hatreds. As far as the world is concerened, Bush is no better than Saddam.

the truth is this, United stae needed the Iraqi oil, they are getting it, Bush senior was disgraced in Golf war, his son revenged and their company is smilling to the banks.

Finally, did u see the look on Bush's face after the shoe was thrown at him- he knew he had fumbled, even his laughter and joke could nt cover for it.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by chidichris(m): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2008
the shoe man is presently asking for leniency according to cnn news.
the truth of the matter is if he escapes the wrath of iraqi govt, he will never wear shoes in his life not to talk of throwing them at the most powerful man in the world at the moment.
no matter ho we look at it, that wise man wouldn't have raised his eyes against a councelor in Nig. talkless of throwing shoes.
anyways, let us see what will happen to him for the shoe moves bcs a happy sadam will even close the shoe company that sold the shoes to that mad journalist.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Tornadoz(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2008
@Afam
It is a good thing that you made reference to the ape you posted as your picture. I may download it and send a copy to National Geographic Channel so they will have an up to date image gallery for apes in the world.
Abeg no kill me o!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by finek: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2008
Wonder at the news-worthiness of this uncivilised act! Throwing shoes is a barbaric way to express oneself in any age! The embarrassment is on the hosts: Iraq and her president.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2008
Their brothers the palestinean gave them land when no one else was willing to accommodate after Hitlers madness

No they didn't. The UN gave them the land.
The Palestinians and the Arabs did everything they could to take it away from them. Some still are.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by carmelily: 2:46pm On Dec 19, 2008
Bastage:

No they didn't. The UN gave them the land.
The Palestinians and the Arabs did everything they could to take it away from them. Some still are.

Hear yourself. Does the UN own land that it gives to wandering nations?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by carmelily: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
Bastage:

You're joking right?

NO.

If the above happened in Saudi, the reporter would probably be tortured and then executed.

By whom? Definitely not the Saudi government. Saudi and Egyptian governments will never dream of punishing an American.

Then you can add the fact that the whole Muslim world would probably be on the streets demonstrating and burning US flags.
Again, there would be loads of flag-burning in the Muslim world.

Yes. Exactly as it should be for any people proud of their President and their government. Haven't you realised that Americans are very happy with the shoe-thrower? no demonstrations and no flag-burning! grin grin grin cheesy. Comedians and game designers are having the time of their lives. Americans realise that Bush deserves a whack in the face, at least. Na Nigerians sabi weep more than the bereaved. I nor fit laff. una doh.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by sleekp1: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2008
The UN should have asked Europe to give them land, it was Europeans that made Jews refugees not Arabs. Europeans hated Jews so much that they  decided to give them a country in a far away place. Hahaha. I like  Jews non the less, they are victims of circumstances.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by carmelily: 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2008
sleek_p:

The UN should have asked Europe to give them land, it was Europeans that made Jews refugees not Arabs. Europeans hated Jews so much that they  decided to give them a country in a far away place. Hahaha.

grin grin grin You dey yarn truth, o jare!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by sleekp1: 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2008
Where's Bastage?
Are you running from carmelily? This carmelily girl dey destroy your points now.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Bastage: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2008
Where's Bastage?
Are you running from carmelily? This carmelily girl dey destroy your points now.

Don't be a retard. I don't run from people making false claims.

Saudi and Egyptian governments will never dream of punishing an American.

So all Fox reporters in the Middle East are US citizens?
But anyway, you can be easily proven wrong either way.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=2008112623040

"JEDDAH – The Summary Court in Jeddah has sentenced a 23-year-old Arab national and an 18-year-old American girl to one year in prison and 100 lashes each after they were convicted of adultery."

And Egypt?

http://www.bookrags.com/highbeam/us-asks-egypt-to-settle-rights-hb/

As for this:

Hear yourself. Does the UN own land that it gives to wandering nations?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

"After World War I, the League of Nations (the forerunner of the UN) approved the British Mandate of Palestine with the intent of creating a "national home for the Jewish people." In 1947, the United Nations approved the partition of Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one Arab."

I accept your apology and your admission that you are an idiot. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa / Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Is Dead / Iran Captures Intruding US Drone Over Persian Gulf Waters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.