Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,253 members, 7,891,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:54 AM

Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? (2362 Views)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / What Would You Remember Your Father For? / What Do You Like About Your Father. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by solo2(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2005
We were born of six boys and two girls and I am the second boy in the family. Something happened when we were kids:

My father and mother were divorced in the traditional way. As a result, he also rejected us and refused to take care of us, while he was living with another woman in a different location. We were taken to welfare office of those days, where we were taken care of until we finally asked the welfare officers to take us back to our mother, whom we stayed with untill we finally became grown up boys and girls.

Later my father came and asked us for forgiveness. We forgave him and moved to our family house in the village. Some (4) years after we had forgiven him, he was poisoned by the woman he was living with, and died.

If it were to be you, what would be your reaction?
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by mamba(m): 4:46pm On May 11, 2005
Poor Solo, you must have gone through a lot cos it's such a sad story.

My Mom and Dad are separated and my Dad has a new wife, I and my younger ones live with him, except our last born that lives with our Mom though we are all free to choose whom we want to live with sha.

As for your story Solo, if I were in your shoes and my dad came back asking for forgiveness, I'll have done the same.
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by dominobaby(f): 2:04pm On May 12, 2005
I haven't experienced it and i don't pray for such because it is absolutely terrible. I have got a second hand experience. A friend of mine was and hers was a worse case because both parents re-married and she being the only fruit of the marriage was left on her own. So bad. sad

The children of such breakups/seperation are always vulnerable to so many evils.

For me(as per your story) at first, it would be hard to forgive, but i will give in in the end.
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by Ra(f): 2:28pm On May 12, 2005
It always saddens my heart to read or learn of situations such as these. Having had the privilege to grow up in a close knitted family and experience the perfect love of a dotting father, of blessed memory, I can not very well say I have ever experienced it.

I however, as my custom is, prefer to look on the brighter side of life. In that regard, I sincerely pray and hope that for those who have ever been abandoned by their parent(s) at one time or the other, God will grant them the wherewithal to transform their horrible experiences into a blessing. That they will constantly be aware of where and how their parents went wrong, completely avoid such circumstances and subsequently give their best to their families and children. Solo2, you are indeed a great man for ever finding it in you to forgive your dad. I can't very well say I would know what to do in a similar situation.
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by Greatpeter(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2005
This issue is clear, even God says who ever forsakes Him in this world He will forsake even in the world to come.

If i had died during my days of rejection as a result of inadequate care would he have claimed my corpse?

I will forgive him but I won't return back with him to the house. I didn't do anything when he rejected me. I will clinch with my mum and life goes on.

But if I have anything to give him I will do, that's the sign that I have forgiven him. I will not return back to the house with him and paradventure my mum had changed my surname to may her father's name I won't change it either.
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by ajuma: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2005
It a sad for too me, there is one of my sister that has a daugther for eleven year now her will only come once in a four year with mouth saying this & that. up to this hour he did buy a single or common sacert water for his daugther so my brother just take heart & live every things for God Almigty to figth for you.
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by Seun(m): 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2005
How do you know it was the woman he was living with that poisoned him? Would she be stupid enough to poison him while she was the only one living in the house with him? Are you sure that an innocent person has not been accussed in this case?
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by eveseh(f): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2006
yes i have,
when i was 5 my father rejecte me he told my mom parents that am not his cild embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2006
NO and don't pray to ever be cool
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by tEsLim(m): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2006
Damn! Story too touching me. Men I dont wanna be said today. I was rejected by my father at an older stage. About my baby mama. He dislikes her like tha hell. So we had an arguement, then we concluded not to see again.

I dont wanna be sad today. I gotta go off to some happier topic
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by sammyjl(f): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2006
angry You aern't the first and surely aint gonna be the last.

I'm a 25 year old who has lived all my life with my mom, never with my dad. I have no regrets, I managed to finish my school with my mom's help and went straight to university afterwards and right now, I'm working, supporting myself and helping my mom at home.

Yes I'm still living with my mom. You just gotta be strong and believe that someday something good will come your way.

It sure worked out good for me.
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by Busta(f): 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2006
nope and I love ma dad, both my parents to death
they're the best thing that happened to me grin

@sammy,
sorry to hear ur story but i have always admired women who brought up real men
takes a lot of hardwork and dedication.
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by tEsLim(m): 3:37am On Dec 24, 2006
Go get this song "Womans Hand" by Trey Song.

Lemme type first few lyrics of verse

Verse1

Tell me why when u put a cam on a thug
First thing outta if he's mouf
Is I wanna thank my mama, [Year]
Some say that causes drama

Chr.
Why is it hard for dudes to always be around
Tell me how can a boy be a man
Only getting words from a woman hand

Tell me what you think will happen if you dont come around
its gonna be hard for boy to be a man
Only getting facts from a woman hand

Bride
When your missin' is first game
Dont even know your boys nickname
Its a damn shame,
When you need to be is father, he's role model embarassed
Re: Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? by salisuammy(f): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
!

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Experienced Betrayal? / My Husband Urinated While Sleeping / Family Uses Picture Of A Dead Man Drinking Beer In His Obituary Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.