Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,863 members, 7,889,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:50 PM

It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil (2621 Views)

The Prevalence Of Snake And Wedding Topics On NL FP: A Spiritual/biblical Angle / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. / Question: Talking Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by Rilwayne001: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

do you enjoy insults and e-fights?

No
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by johnydon22(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
Nobleval:
it's a fiction alright,I know. But we have to believe in something,the world would have gone crazy without religion.
No the world wont go crazy.... if u wanna believe in something then believe in the beauty in planet earth, believe the good in mankind. believe in radiating boundless love towards everything and everyone on earth from the crawling ant to the gigantic mountains. . love humans with all ur heart no matter their race, religion or any diversity. . judge no one but deal with people with love and tolerance.. now the world be better!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
johnydon22:

No the world wont go crazy.... if u wanna believe in something then believe in the beauty in planet earth, believe the good in mankind. believe in radiating boundless love towards everything and everyone on earth from the crawling ant to the gigantic mountains. . love humans with all ur heart no matter their race, religion or any diversity. . judge no one but deal with people with love and tolerance.. now the world be better!
hehehe...I think you are getting me wrong,people want to live on after death. And religion promised us life after death,what more could make sinners to repent? Nobody wanna die,we want to live forever and I bet you do,don't you want to live after your death which is inevitable? Appreciating the beauty of nature e.t.c can't guarantee that.
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by johnydon22(m): 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
Nobleval:
hehehe...I think you are getting me wrong,people want to live on after death. And religion promised us life after death,what more could make sinners to repent? Nobody wanna die,we want to live forever and I bet you do,don't you want to live after your death which is inevitable? Appreciating the beauty of nature e.t.c can't guarantee that.
So because religion promise life after death even when their is none... why dont you stop chasing the shadows of afterlife and start making the most out of this reality, the one chance of life that you are actually sure of...
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
johnydon22:

So because religion promise life after death even when their is none... why dont you stop chasing the shadows of afterlife and start making the most out of this reality, the one chance of life that you are actually sure of...
tell that to the religion fanatics,I don't bother myself over trivial matters like this. I was just pointing out the facts to you.
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by johnydon22(m): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
Nobleval:
tell that to the religion fanatics,I don't bother myself over trivial matters like this. I was just pointing out the facts to you.
actually you were just pointing out the fallacies in religion... You are an honest being keep it up
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
johnydon22:

actually you were just pointing out the fallacies in religion... You are an honest being keep it up
thanks bro. smiley
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by honourhim: 9:44am On Jan 08, 2015
johnydon22:

So because religion promise life after death even when their is none...

You are just deceiving yourself. I pray you realize this before the day you will exit this world.
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by johnydon22(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2015
honourhim:

You are just deceiving yourself. I pray you realize this before the day you will exit this world.
i am not deceiving myself you are just the one who dont want to accept the fact and live ur life well. . . we only have this life now and we dont know if their is after life or not. dont let this life waste in ur vain vanity of chasing after life. live this life for ur own good, the good of everybody and the world at large... You have one life which is real now, wanting for more is selfishness.

3 Likes

Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by honourhim: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
johnydon22:

i am not deceiving myself you are just the one who dont want to accept the fact and live ur life well. . . we only have this life now and we dont know if their is after life or not. dont let this life waste in ur vain vanity of chasing after life. live this life for ur own good, the good of everybody and the world at large... You have one life which is real now, wanting for more is selfishness.

grin grin grin. Now this got me laughing. I wonder what you mean by living my life well when I'm already living a comfortable life by the grace of God, helping the poor(not trying to blow my trumpet though) and affording the good things of life. Will be going in for my PHD in no distant time by God's grace. Above all these, I have the assurance of eternal glory with Jesus my saviour. Life's good(LG) in Christ Jesus.

Being a born again has never stopped me or anybody from living a ggod life or enjoying the good things of life except those who wants to blame their poverty on born again.
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by johnydon22(m): 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
honourhim:

grin grin grin. Now this got me laughing. I wonder what you mean by living my life well when I'm already living a comfortable life by the grace of God, helping the poor(not trying to blow my trumpet though) and affording the good things of life. Will be going in for my PHD in no distant time by God's grace. Above all these, I have the assurance of eternal glory with Jesus my saviour. Life's good(LG) in Christ Jesus.

Being a born again has never stopped me or anybody from living a ggod life or enjoying the good things of life except those who wants to blame their poverty on born again.
am happy you have a good life and its good to have one... then this issue of having an assurance of an eternal life with jesus how did u know this? leme guess cus the bible said so right?
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by Etetejake(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
So why do christians always yapping the devil
decieved eve. . .

bkx Satan possesed the snake and used it to fulfill his desire. The devil always try to use a medium to bring his evil desires to fruition. Remember in the bible where Jesus delivered a Man from many evil spirits and the evil spirits beged to be sent into the pigs.
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by Etetejake(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao... so this doesnt sound like fiction to u?.... a snake talked

If u blv that there is evil in the world, that babalawos can do magics y wunt u atleast blv in Him who is said to bring salvation to u? There is no place that talks evil about him. y don't u belong with Him even if it is truely a fiction? My man, no mater how fiction it maybe, hope and faith will make it real.

Y is it that if u bring a stone call it your god and make some sacrifices of blood upon it it will start doing all u ask? Do u think that u just burst out of nowhere like an oilbean plant? Think and rethink and stop playing with things u don't understand.

1 Like

Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by johnydon22(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
Etetejake:

If u blv that there is evil in the world, that babalawos can do magics y wunt u atleast blv in Him who is said to bring salvation to u? There is no place that talks evil about him. y don't u belong with Him even if it is truely a fiction? My man, no mater how fiction it maybe, hope and faith will make it real.

Y is it that if u bring a stone call it your god and make some sacrifices of blood upon it it will start doing all u ask? Do u think that u just burst out of nowhere like an oilbean plant? Think and rethink and stop playing with things u don't understand.

lmao believe fiction because it brings salvation which also is fiction... hmm good point... magic and babalawo are mere parlour tricks an nothing more... anyway what will i expect from someone who actually believe a snake talked...lol..
for the bring a stone shii why dont u just try it and lets see how well it works...hahahahaha u guys a re funny.
for ur information i did not burst out from an oilbean plant, i was born by my mother simple... you clearly need to apply ur thinking outside the vox of religion and then see things for urself...
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by alolatee(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Now i think its time we treat this once and for all. . . The bible was very clear when it said that the talking snake decieved the woman NOW THE serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden?
2And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat the fruit from the trees of the garden,

3Except the fruit from the tree which is in the middle of the garden. God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

4But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die,

Here you see it said the snake was more sublte and crafty than every other animal. ok after the fall of adam and eve God punished the talking snake by removing its leg and making it crawl on it belly. . . now its very clear that this was an animal, a talking snake created by God and not the devil. . So why do christians always yapping the devil decieved eve. . . ??

my brother, do not make a mountain out of a mole....crafty means he is wise and came in that form to depict satan transforms himself for all his activities....Remember he comes to us to whisper his voice today and tries to convince us to do bad..If u have not killed before and have a moral inclination will you yield to a Devil in form of a man who whispers to u to kill your wife or child for no just cause except that you will make heaven?...No i don't think you will.Because u could see him appearing like a man..at that point you call the person a Devil...so he transforms as angel of darkness into angel of light.Note that aftr the fall God recognised they knew evil and good.He also said they would live if they eat of the second tree;the Tree of Life and sent them away from the garden.Why didn't the devil move Eve to eat of the Tree of Life?No he wouldn't because he wants them dead so he gave the inferior for the superior.That is the aim of his wisdom or craftiness.
Re: It Was The Talking Snake And Not The Devil by Etetejake(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao believe fiction because it brings salvation which also is fiction... hmm good point... magic and babalawo are mere parlour tricks an nothing more... anyway what will i expect from someone who actually believe a snake talked...lol..
for the bring a stone shii why dont u just try it and lets see how well it works...hahahahaha u guys a re funny.
for ur information i did not burst out from an oilbean plant, i was born by my mother simple... you clearly need to apply ur thinking outside the vox of religion and then see things for urself...

Maybe this night will do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not / The Miracles That Proved Yahshua Was Sent By God Cannot Authenticate Christians. / My Baby Is Seeing Vision. Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.