Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) (41335 Views)

Yorubas Would Be Proud To Read 'these' / 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos / 7 Nigerian Pioneers Who Made Nigeria Mega Proud! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by onila(f): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
we have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by akanbiaa(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
A great reason why you can be proud of being a Nigerian is that as bad and corrupt as most leaders are we still have incorruptible, role model leaders like GMB
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
Stop justifying living in that jungle. Alot of you need to travel and get exposed to how whites do things.

I'm beginning to believe whites have 10 heads because throughout my three year visit I did not see electricity shake talkless of them taking light. Now for almost two months in this hell hole I've not seen light I paid for.

Everyone is saying 'change' and 'continuation'. All your politicians're criminals to me. If not tell me which one, even yar adua, does not send his/her children to school abroad for a better education than the system they've killed here.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Ilekeh(f): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
7. We have a sense of
oneness
Yah! If there is one thing that stands
Nigerians out anywhere in the world, it
is their sense of communal spirit. We
are quick to embrace other Nigerians
as brothers and sisters once we
realize that they come from Nigeria,
we are at home with them. We love
the family life and this has become
our trademark.

*sips my coca cola*

Yeahhhhhhh I don't think so!

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Ilekeh(f): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
DeBret:
NIGERIA never walk alone cry

Because Nigerians are EVERYWHERE! You can't hide from these people!
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by ifypedro38(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
The outstanding write up, may God bless and protect all Nigerians wherever they are, Vivo Nigerians,
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by tunahod(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Proudly 9ja
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=hummerwise post=29574804]
Naso boss
Some of those guys on NL tht resides in other country will be behaving like a dummy or an outcast in those countries, Even wen those oyibo slap and call them Monkey, they aCcept even wif gratitude but will come here on NL and start boasting and bragging of other pple,s country.

#yeyepeople[/quote

I beg to disagree with you on this. It is true that there is no place like home. I have been living here in the US for over 15 years and I have never been insulted. I work on wall street and I am the only black in an office of 8 people yet I get respected. Yes, there could be racism here and there but they are more covert than overt. With technology we are much closer home than before, we get all the gist about Naija at the click of a button, the only thing I miss is the company of the friends I left behind. In terms of food, I eat pounded yam daily, with okporoko, as i write I have cola nut in my pocket in case I feel like sleeping while at work. So guys chill

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
9. We have God at the
centre of our lives
Faith takes the centre of our everyday
lives as Nigerians. We believe that God
is at helm of everything we do. It
doesn’t matter what you really believe
in, you can worship your God how you
please without getting persecuted for
what you believe in.

very religious country,that's why a Christian can't vote for buhari nor a Muslim for jonathan.Religious believe is practice in a different dimension in Nigeria.
the only country to be declared most religious and 2nd most corrupt simultaneously within 2months.
can you beat that?
#ONLYIN9JA
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
if you are ever
arrested, you may never commit
crime in your life again.

grin grin grin grin grin
9JA POLICE THOUGH cool
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
13. We support each other
during bad times
Everyone is supportive of each other
when things go terribly wrong. Enmity
is dropped and friendship is renewed
when we see others suffer misfortune.
We take comfort in seeing others who
have divided ideas and beliefs stand
together and fight a common cause in
the country.

Yea,I can attest to this.
some nearly 3years ago,there was a fire outbreak in a house close to mine.3 kids were in the house alone,the mother had just left to buy something from a closeby shop when the fire started.
Before the fire fighters could make their way to the scene,some weed smokers in a nearby bush joint had already swung into a rescue team mission,I guess there were motivated by their igbo lipsrsealed
They saved the day,they never asked for a favor nor were they begged to help...they came in voluntarily and soon returned to their weed smoking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
davdandam:
You forgot the most important things, plantains chips and chilled lacasera or fan yoghurt in traffic angry grin

and you forgot to add gala tongue
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by RaeMystix: 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
13. We support each other
during bad times
Everyone is supportive of each other
when things go terribly wrong. Enmity
is dropped and friendship is renewed
when we see others suffer misfortune.
We take comfort in seeing others who
have divided ideas and beliefs stand
together and fight a common cause in
the country.
REALLY?
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by RaeMystix: 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

*sips my coca cola*

Yeahhhhhhh I don't think so!

grin grin grin
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by DeBret(m): 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
HopeAlive14:

Meaning?
frensh
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by DeBret(m): 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
HopeAlive14:

Meaning?
French

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by JayJustus(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
GREEN PASSPORT ALL DAY BABYYYYYY!!! not Pakistani one ooo
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Sike(m): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
Awoo.!
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
3. Nigerians are happy
people:

matter if we are living on
some floating slums like Makoko in
Lagos or the government of the day is
not living up to our expectation; one
thing that hardship can never take
away from us is our happiness. In the
midst of fear, challenges, difficulties,
pains, frustrations and anger, we still
find one reason to be happy.

Nigerians are happy people because ignorance is bliss.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
5. Nigerians are very
optimistic

Life can be cruel but this doesn’t have
anything to do with what we believe in.
We are very optimistic which is why
we are able to translate every
negative situation to something
positive. We see the good in every
situation we find ourselves.

Nigerians are optimistic which is why it is easy to take advantage of them. They are optimistic that things will get better but do nothing about the status quo to make things better.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
2. We are gifted and
talented:

When it comes to talents and brains,
we are like number one in the world.
This is no exaggeration!! There is no
field in this world where we have not
made our marks, talk about the
prestigious Nobel Prize, sports, the
world of blogging and internet,
entertainment, politics, medicine,
engineering, etc. Just name any field
and we would tell the Nigerians who
are making waves there.

Every country has gifted individuals in their populace. "my pikin na im fine pass"
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
7. We have a sense of
oneness

Yah! If there is one thing that stands
Nigerians out anywhere in the world, it
is their sense of communal spirit. We
are quick to embrace other Nigerians
as brothers and sisters once we
realize that they come from Nigeria,
we are at home with them. We love
the family life and this has become
our trademark.

Really? Someone needs to drug test the OP.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
6. There is no place like
home

No matter how many years we must
have gotten accustomed to the
lifestyle of another country; there is no
home like Naija. Nothing has been able
to replace that homesick and longing
that comes when we stay away from
the country for a long time. The charm
and comfort we get when we are with
our loved ones cannot be bought with
material wealth.

If you ask a guy from Ghana, he'll say the same thing. Home is where you make it.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by opyzy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
Bollinger:

Really? Someone needs to drug test the OP.
I would not mind if you do it wink
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
8. A Country of beauty
Nigeria have a lot of breath taking
destinations you can visit that
stretches from Lagos Bar Beach to
Obudu Cattle Ranch; destinations
where you can feel Mother Nature,
see rare species of plants and animals
and enjoy the beauty of tranquility and
tourism.

Bar beach, really? You need to travel more and see other places. Then you'll know Nigeria has nothing. There are no less than 20 castles, dating back a thousand years still standing in Germany, and in pristine condition. The original concept of disney was from a castle in Germany and it is still standing till today. And you are citing bar beach. Pleeeeaaassseee.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
9. We have God at the
centre of our lives

Faith takes the centre of our everyday
lives as Nigerians. We believe that God
is at helm of everything we do. It
doesn’t matter what you really believe
in, you can worship your God how you
please without getting persecuted for
what you believe in.

True. Which is a plus and a minus for us. Plus, because we need faith. Minus, because there are a lot of mindless robots who are taken advantage of daily.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
11. We have the freedom
that people in most

countries only dream about
It is in Nigeria you can get a new job
regardless of where you come from or
gender. You can marry who you want
to, say anything in public or be who
you really want to become without
fear of getting persecution by the
government of the day. There is just
so much freedom to play around with.

Confirmed. You really need to be drug tested. Can you stand in front of your president and tell him exactly how you feel with no holds bared, and not be afraid that security agents won't come knocking on your door the next day? Nigerians are living in bondage and you call it freedom. What you have is a country where might is right, Jungle justice, and survival of the fittest. You are describing the limits of your own experience which is limited. You need to experience other countries my friend.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
12. Things are very cheap
and sometimes free in
Nigeria
If you are scared of parking space
tickets, over speeding fines and some
of those fines that cannot be neglected
in most countries, Nigeria can be a
haven for you.
Despite the fact that a
lot of things are cheap, so many things
are virtually free. This does not mean
that we allow lawlessness in our
country because if you are ever
arrested, you may never commit
crime in your life again.

You have just described a lawless country.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Bollinger(m): 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
14. Nigerians loves life to
the fullest

We are one special breed of humans
on planet earth. Even though we are
very hard-working yet, we do not
spare money when it comes to luxury
and the beautiful things of life. Before
you can say Jack, the latest gadget in
the world is already in Nigeria. We
love life and this is why our weekends
are filled with parties and excitement.

Ask a man from Equitoria Guinea and he'll tell you the same thing about his country.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Glowww(f): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Am proudly NIGERIAN: today,tomorrow,forever
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by cupidhero(m): 8:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
hummerwise:

Naso boss
Some of those guys on NL tht resides in other country will be behaving like a dummy or an outcast in those countries, Even wen those oyibo slap and call them Monkey, they aCcept even wif gratitude but will come here on NL and start boasting and bragging of other pple,s country.

#yeyepeople
You deserve slap for your silly lies and i pray a soldier or a common policeman guarding a foreigner will give you a sound one soon just to wake you up from your day dreaming. So you call what we have in nigeria freedom? A blind dog has more rights in a G8 nati0n Than you will ever have in nigeria. Olodo travel and see! 7
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by noahklub: 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Do you know that the bible is about Africa, and written by Africans? Do you know that king Solomon was a black man?
'5. I am black, but comely, ….. . 6. Look not upon me because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: …..'.
- Songs of Solomon 1:5-6

for more details, see www.noahklub., www.facebook.com/noahklub.com, www.twitter.com/nuaclub

Do you know why you are poor? Do you know that there is nothing called money? Do you know that the concept of money is a charade and a fraud?
for more details, see www.noahklub., www.facebook.com/noahklub.com, www.twitter.com/nuaclub

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerades Spotted Buying Ice Cream On The Road (Photos) / Olubadan And His Wives Board A First Class Train In London. PICS / Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.