Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,578 members, 7,921,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:49 PM

Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. - Rap Battles (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. (20760 Views)

Drop Your Wordplay Here!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

there's no single reach in that bar. one of the best bars of 2014. you should see the way fans reacted to the bar. what's the reach?

a ratchet is a gun!

I know what a ratchet is..
I meant all those Pastor-- Pass the. etc

maybe because its Vocals..it must have sounded way better
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by coogar: 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
Darkrebel:

I know what a ratchet is..
I meant all those Pastor-- Pass the. etc

maybe because its Vocals..it must have sounded way better

pass the = pastor(perfect rhyming)
do you pronounce pastor with all your jaws? every word in that bar rhymed well with what he meant in the second and it conveyed 2 different meanings. that's a classic double entrede - put together by 7-8 puns.

Darkrebel:

you have been doing entendres before I was born?
of course...You were birthed before me.
Truly Captain Flash didn't have anything to do with Giyaz but I manipulated it and connected it ..
Captain flash's nick was used by me ..
Abducting the Captain -and making Giyaz remember his previous loss to me- without giving Giyaz Flash back ...I.e without releasing the abducted captain..and it also means ''Flash Back"
..Different meanings "!
what's difficult in understanding or disjointed in that..

since you have agreed captain flash had nothing to do with your opponent then you are admitting you reached. we can all put puns that don't connect in a bar and claim twin-quintuple entredes.

the puns have to connect to the message and the message must have 2 different meanings when you read it through. you may use 30 puns to build the message - the meaning of the message is the key.

You included Blaqbones in your brawl with siddogg..
what does blaqbones have to do with siddogg..nothing!! but you connected it and that's exactly what I did too

siddogg & theblaqbones battled, didn't they?
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by mikuz(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
GIYAZZ:
The way you pronounce them words is what matters, I pronounced Sewed and sold like they allos parakletos. Rappers are known to pronounce words how they like.

If we were to flip the dictionary before we could play on words, I tell ya, we'd been on a long long NEVER journey.

Dictionaries are there to show you the way words are to be pronounced. Stop sounding childish. Rappers who pronounce words the way they like are wack and illiterate.

The same way you ll feel when a Briton enunciates the ibo word 'ego' as 'lego' thats the same he ll feel if you claim 'sold' and 'sewed' have the same pronunciation.

See bro, just take corrections and learn. That's one way to become relevant in the industry at the end. Bruce, Dark and Myself dey yarn you say that pun no follow yet you still wan dispute. Swallow your pride, this your argument does not hold water.
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by 007Bruce: 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Is that what you think? Ok.
for the two/ forty two - clean w/p
sewed/sold - forced! wink
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

pass the = pastor(perfect rhyming)
do you pronounce pastor with all your jaws? every word in that bar rhymed well with what he meant in the second and it conveyed 2 different meanings. that's a classic double entrede - put together by 7-8 puns.

since you have agreed captain flash had nothing to do with your opponent then you are admitting you reached. we can all put puns that don't connect in a bar and claim twin-quintuple entredes.

the puns have to connect to the message and the message must have 2 different meanings when you read it through. you may use 30 puns to build the message - the meaning of the message is the key.

siddogg & theblaqbones battled, didn't they?

Conceited is American..
DarkRebel is Nigerian
We have different Accents and pronounce words differently.

What does Pastor or Black Church has to with the person Conceited was brawling?
same thing with mine ...all that matters is creativity and connectivity.
besides captain flash is a known monicker here..
its just like someone in Kotd using Arithmetic/Math/ Hoffer etc as a triple entendre to brawl someone there.. the person he's battling may not have anything to do math hoffer but so long as its worded properly .and its an in joke everyone understands
Shikena!!
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by GIYAZZ(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
A Warri kid tried dissing... and i left Blood deceased like thrombotic thrombocytopenic
purpura!
_G'IYAZ
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
007Bruce:

@bolded ..
Coogar...
is that wordie forced if its rapped in a British Accent?
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by coogar: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
Darkrebel:

@bolded ..
Coogar...
is that wordie forced if its rapped in a British Accent?

perfect rhyming!
acceptable both in audio & written.

Darkrebel:

Conceited is American..
DarkRebel is Nigerian
We have different Accents and pronounce words differently.

you said it was a reach.....it's not!

What does Pastor or Black Church has to with the person Conceited was brawling?
same thing with mine ...all that matters is creativity and connectivity.
Shikena!!

the pastor/black church was the set/up to the prayer part. the prayer part was the wordplay to the shooting part.

the connectivity is 100%
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Heywhizzy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
all of una don dey confuse warriblood for thread wey e suppose dey control
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by GIYAZZ(m): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
007Bruce:

Blasphemy - Blast for me

Pastor - pass the

It depends on your accent and delivery.
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by GIYAZZ(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
mikuz:

Dictionaries are there to show you the way words are to be pronounced. Stop sounding childish. Rappers who pronounce words the way they like are wack and illiterate.

The same way you ll feel when a Briton enunciates the ibo word 'ego' as 'lego' thats the same he ll feel if you claim 'sold' and 'sewed' have the same pronunciation.

See bro, just take corrections and learn. That's one way to become relevant in the industry at the end. Bruce, Dark and Myself dey yarn you say that pun no follow yet you still wan dispute. Swallow your pride, this your argument does not hold water.
Pls drink your water already.
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by 007Bruce: 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
GIYAZZ:

A Warri kid tried dissing... and i left Blood deceased like thrombotic thrombocytopenic
purpura!
_G'IYAZ

chai! see as you waste this bar!
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
coogar:

perfect rhyming!
acceptable both in audio & written.

you said it was a reach.....it's not!

the pastor/black church was the set/up to the prayer part. the prayer part was the wordplay to the shooting part.

the connectivity is 100%

I thought Americans Replaced their T for D ?
like Wader instead of Water ..
and British pronounced their T's most times

except some words like battle, bottle e.t.c can be pronounced as -- Ba-ill or Bo-ill
the ill sound?

Explain ..
cos For the two/ Forty two sounds perfect In American accent not British
British-- Forty two- ForTI two
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by GIYAZZ(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
007Bruce:
chai! see as you waste this bar!
No I didn't waste it.
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by coogar: 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Darkrebel:

I thought Americans Replaced their T for D ?
like Wader instead of Water ..
and British pronounced their T's most times

except some words like battle, bottle e.t.c can be pronounced as -- Ba-ill or Bo-ill
the ill sound?

Explain ..
cos For the two/ Forty two sounds perfect In American accent not British
British-- Forty two- ForTI two

no one would notice this if you are rapping fast and even if they do, they would understand it's just your accent that was getting in the way. these things happen!
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
Me wey get thread gan, dem don collect steering 4 ma hand....na wetin man go do
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by mikuz(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Pls drink your water already.

Small boy shocked
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by mikuz(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
2undexy:
Me wey get thread gan, dem don collect steering 4 ma hand....na wetin man go do

You no happy say niggas dey post. If no be Warriblood this place for dry pass Sahara.
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Emaprince: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
mikuz:

You no happy say niggas dey post. If no be Warriblood this place for dry pass Sahara.
you dey mind am?
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by PaulThor: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
puns are coined from dictions.. Dictions differ.. That is why i avoid puns.. Its complexities never cease...
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
PaulThor:
puns are coined from dictions.. Dictions differ.. That is why i avoid puns.. Its complexities never cease...
you are not good in it accept it
But multi syllabic your a god everybody knows that

Heard captainflash Don steal your throne for 2go grin
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by GIYAZZ(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
mikuz:

Small boy shocked
Lol, don't be deceived.
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
mikuz:

yea i knw...m just sayin though
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
I
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by gottoboy(m): 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Darkrebel:

I wrote a Bar that has 4 different meanings yesterday when I was developing punchlines..I ll' prolly use it in my next brawl.
and like I said I haven't seen anyone here do a triple entendre pun on NL in all the battles I have read ..
if you have done one or seen anyone here,please do post the link so I can enjoy it
Many things were lost after NL Revolution
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by gottoboy(m): 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Darkrebel:

Truly Captain Flash didn't have anything to do with Giyaz but I manipulated it and connected it ..
Captain flash's nick was used by me ..
Abducting the Captain -and making Giyaz remember his previous loss to me- without giving Giyaz Flash back ...I.e without releasing the abducted captain..and it also means ''Flash Back"
..Different meanings "!
what's difficult in understanding or disjointed in that.

#Noffense
Ithought the GEE there meant your Bout with Xpress, remember you've whooped him, Äη∂ remember he whooped CaptainFlash twice?? Äη∂ Captain flash just came back from ... #JustThinkingOutLoud
Darkrebel:

You included Blaqbones in your brawl with siddogg..
what does blaqbones have to do with siddogg..nothing!! but you connected it and that's exactly what I did too
U3, Siddogg Äη∂ Blaqbones ά̲̣̥я̥є all Xlites
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
gottoboy:

#Noffense
Ithought the GEE there meant your Bout with Xpress, remember you've whooped him, Äη∂ remember he whooped CaptainFlash twice?? Äη∂ Captain flash just came back from ... #JustThinkingOutLoud
U3, Siddogg Äη∂ Blaqbones ά̲̣̥я̥є all Xlites

the G meant Giyaz
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by LhoOd: 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
Omo...guyz don change topic....err'one forminq dope...
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by sosiqdude(m): 7:17am On Jan 11, 2015
omo see wordplay grin
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by LhoOd: 9:18am On Jan 11, 2015
Half-god ..half-mortal .mah presence makinq you fumble wit wordz buh itz cool...ama get your ''star-mar'' / am half-god,half-mortal ..like dis 'cologne' aint from around here..am Jah-man
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by Dotwillis1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ah wil use yhu as a steppin stone nd Cross yhu over lik a River in Calabar

nd lik a state in nigeria, wit moi Bar<s>.. u gon Yell.. Sir!
Re: Wordplay Zone: Lets See How Good Your Wordplay Is. by 007Bruce: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
Dotwillis1:
Ah wil use yhu as a steppin stone nd Cross yhu over lik a River in Calabar

nd lik a state in nigeria, wit moi Bar<s>.. u gon Yell.. Sir!
weird

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yo Mamma, / September To Remember: Coogar Vs Elymaxiimus / "Star Warz" - Scores To Settle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.