Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,456 members, 7,901,299 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 07:53 AM

The Appropriate Fasting And Praying Hours - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Appropriate Fasting And Praying Hours (549 Views)

Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / MFM 2016 Annual 70 Days Fasting And Prayers Begins Today Monday 8th August / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Appropriate Fasting And Praying Hours by university210(m): 9:42am On Jan 09, 2015
Hello NLanders,I just wanted to create this Topic,and ask a generall question(A religious One though)I know most Believers will be On Fasting and Prayers now,base On the New Year.
So my Question is what is the Appropriate Fasting?
When I say Appropriate,I mean how Many Hours is a Believer Suppose to Fast?e.g Like frm 6am-12pm or 6am-3pm,Or 6am-6pm..
Cos hav heard pple saying somtin like you can't even fast for 9hours,and you call yourself a Christain.Does your Fasting Hours really tell if you are Genuine Believer??
Re: The Appropriate Fasting And Praying Hours by AdeniyiA(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2015
@ university210,
You can even fast for some minutes, if you have plenty foods in store but you deliberately skip a meal for spiritual purpose, you av fasted.
Your fast is between you and God, never allow ANYBODY to dictate to you, or condemn you on whatever or how ever you decide to embark on fasting time/period ..

(1) (Reply)

Supermarket Checkout / Character / Three Muslim Students Killed In US Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.