Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,888 members, 7,872,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha (1884 Views)

A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo / Igbo Should Stop Thinking About Presidency In 2019 Okorocha / Kachikwu Unseated As OPEC President After 2 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
The governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, has said the South East geo-political zone will produce the president of Nigeria after 2019.
The governor stated this Friday while speaking at the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential campaign rally in Aba, Abia State.
The zone​,​ comprising five states, namely Abia, Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Ebonyi, is yet to produce a democratically-elected leader of the country.
However, an indigene of the zone, the late Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi, a major general, was Nigeria’s first military head of state.
He ruled the country between January and July, 1966, before he was overthrown and killed in the July 1966 coup that brought Yakubu Gowon, then a colonel, to power.
The three democratically-elected presidents since the return of democracy in 1999, namely Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan are from the South West, North West and South-South geo-political zones.
Mr. Okorocha, who contested the presidential primaries of the APC last month but lost, demanded that the zone be allowed to produce a successor to Muhammadu Buhari, if he wins the February 14 2011 election, since other zones had produce the nation’s leader.
“It can never go back to the South West,” Mr. Okorocha said. “Northerners, please let me warn you, after 2019 and beyond, let nobody takes it to South West. Amaechi (governor of Rivers States), your brother (Jonathan) has taken your turn, never you, never you talk about South-South.”
Speaking at the rally, Mr Buhari, promised that, if elected, his administration would provide the Igbos with capital and expertise to enhance their entrepreneurial skills.
The entrepreneurship of the Igbo people is not in doubt not only in Nigeria but also outside Nigeria,” he said.
“You are extremely hard-working and whatever the Federal Government will do possible to empower you with capital and expertise the government will do that to improve on your investments.”
The APC flag bearer assured that the party’s administration would not allow youth, notably able-bodied people, to be idle so that they would not become touts but become productive citizens.
Mr. Buhari also assured that, if elected, his government would fulfil all the promises it was making to the people.
“I assure you we will fulfil our promises if you give us the opportunity of being your leaders,” he said.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/174584-%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8Bits-%E2%80%8Bturn-%E2%80%8Bsouth-east%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B-produce-nigerias-president-2019-okorocha.html?
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by okonja(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
*aside*

Governor Babatunde Fashola said , “I spent about an hour this afternoon listening to the President in my state and, for almost the same period, I saw a very angry president. I saw a president who was recriminating about people criticizing his job performance and was blaming all those who ruled before him, forgetting that he had been on this job for six years.

“And he kept saying that,

‘They say we don’t have a plan.’? But for 25 minutes,

he did not reveal a plan on power;
he did not reveal a plan on security;
he did not reveal a plan on corruption.

“Now, after six years, without being able to articulate what he is doing and what he will do and he keeps blaming everybody, forgetting that he is the Commander-in-Chief, if the kitchen is too hot, as it is becoming of late, you must get out of the kitchen.”

....AND THEN A FRIEND SAID
The first time I heard that President Goodluck Jonathan would be coming to Lagos for his reelection campaign, I was happy because I
thought his coming to Lagos would be to tell me how he intended to solve the many problems bedeviling the progress Nigerians.

Today happened to be the day I have waited for, I was eager to return to the office early in other to watch my President campaign for second time but alas, I was disappointed like before as MY PRESIDENT could not tell me why I should Reelect him rather, he was sending tantrum at Buhari, APC and his perceived enemies.

MY PRESIDENT rather than tell me how he intend to KILL corruption, he was telling me how he met with heads of anti corruption agencies. Rather than tell me why petrol price has refused to come down despite fall in oil price in international market, he was telling me how he slept in filling station looking for fuel. Instead of telling me how he will fight BOKO Haram, he was saying how past leaders never equipped the army.
Instead of telling me how Nigeria will come out of the quagmire we found our selves due to falling oil price, he is telling me how MEND who he once defended.

10 Likes

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Adminisher: 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
I agree to a South East President in 2019 but no PDP. APGA or APC.

1 Like

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by hogunzy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
good talk
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by sherrylo: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
yes ooo, I knew that was the planned game.It will work sha.
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by uzeba(m): 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Finish one first!!
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Jj222(f): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
After Gej than the igbo's will take over. If you allow boko buhari to win than igbo's bye bye wil be your name cos we all know what buhari can do.
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by fattybombom: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nonsense! Okorocha the noise maker. He will comeback in 2019 to tell us to vote for Osibanjo.

3 Likes

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Change2015(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
If the Igbos don't find some unity and the ability to vote as a mass, how can they achieve the presidency? Even in this election all parties can see the ethnic sentiments emanating from the south east, and a leader expects to emerge from there? The hausa and yoruba political blocks have decided to respect themselves and work together to achieve political success. If the Igbos are not building bridges of friendship with the other major political blocks, how far can that ambition go? I see Fashola as the next president after Buhari...

6 Likes

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jj222:
After Gej than the igbo's will take over. If you allow boko buhari to win than igbo's bye bye wil be your name cos we all know what buhari can do.

Keep deceiving yourself..........under PDP and as presently constituted the Igbos will not smell the Presidency until 2027

UNDER PDP_____If GEJ wins( God forbid) 2015-2019 then the North will take a shot 2019-2027 if the person performed well and gets a second term

UNDER APC_____If GMB wins(By the grace of God) 2015-2023 if he gets a 2nd term,then the South East will be naturally supported to take a shot at the Presidency yet that will not be AUTOMATIC!!!!!!!

Because no party gives it ticket to any zone where it is the WEAKEST and party ticket is not given to pacify any crying zone,you will have to fight and jostle for it

The Igbos dont have any future in the PDP as the North PDP members are waiting in the wings against 2019 in the event that GEJ wins

And the Northerners have more delegates to always win the Primaries if one ever gets conducted by PDP or did you bother to find out why Dr Alex Ekwueme and Rochas Okorocha both failed to win the Presidential ticket against OBJ and Yar'adua.........It is the candidate that the North supports that will win

Thank God that APC has set the pace in internal democracy by throwing open its Presidential primaries......yet the inner caucus leaders know how to swing things to favour a zone which they know can help it retain power or harvest most votes.......If the SE continues to play politics of insult,exclusion and aloofness.....then when the time comes,you wont say the party does not have the interest of Ndigbos at heart

It will depend on how well the zone performs and allows APC make an in-road into it but if y'all continue to insult,denigrate and ridicule the party instead of positioning and supporting your brothers who are labouring to project the party now then you can only kick,threaten fire and brimstone when the SW begins to agitate for one of its own to take a shot under either the APC( or at worst the PDP)

PLEASE BEFORE YOU INSULT ME LISTEN TO AN INNER CAUCUS MEMBER OF PDP GIVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN IN 2019 IF GEJ WINS

Fayose urges North to wait till 2019 for Presidency

Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, has advised the Northern region to wait till 2019 when it will be their turn to produce the president, reports Punch.

Speaking through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Fayose said since the South-West had ruled for eight years, the South-South should be allowed to continue.

He said that four years is not too much for the North to wait for the return of the presidency to the region.

SOURCE: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=99333

4 Likes

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by demelza: 12:08am On Jan 10, 2015
LOL!!!!
You mean after Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Nnamdi Jonathan, an obvious son of the soil, another Ibo president will rule us because na only una dey Nigeria.
Okay o!

2 Likes

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 10, 2015
to me, an Igbo president wud hv been closer if yar adua had lived and completed his tenure... also, it also d chances of other Nigerians voting for Igbos wud be higher if sm igbos stop der politics of bitterness... plus all dz igbos dat if they mention a president from the north one ediot wud wind der head dat northerners killed dem 50years ago during Biafran war, wen they mention Yoruba president another ediot wud tell dem dat yorubas re betrayers... this re d majority tribes dat any sensible person should be forming alliance with but we choose to spoil our names and follow a person from a tribe dat if it's our turn to rule the ppl we hv been castigating b4 can forgive us but they themselves wud gather up hatred from nowhere... Gej hasn't done anything for my home state to warrant my vote, all he did is pay money to sm of our ppl... pdp has no place in Imo state.

3 Likes

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Onyejiuwaokoh: 2:46am On Jan 10, 2015
Rochas is a desperado,he doesn't understand the game of politics. If APC wanted to correct injustice done to Igbos politically they would have started by giving an Igboman the APC presidential candidate since the Igbos have not got it, not after 2019 or beyond. A promise made to a woman in the bed, as it was promised during the second republic. The north is desperately in need of power and my fear is; what will be the consequence if they get? since the world is experiencing a new doctrine of Islam and its jihad which started recently can cause religious war. secondly, will the impatient North allow power to rotate to regions? since they rules almost 40years but immediately Obasanjo took over they fought him tooth and nail with sharia and religious war in other to frustrate him. They made me to be supporting GEJ because they rioted the day he took over and he won election they killed hundreds of people which means they don't want him at all. They could have allowed him if he fails all of us will see it and know how to kick him out. Thirdly, what is the safety of minority tribes in the North? since a group of people is presently carrying war of genocide on them and the northern leaders and politicians keep quiet. Can that be called systematic total extermination or ethnic cleansing.Be wise!

1 Like

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Ramnon2: 3:35am On Jan 10, 2015
Change2015:
If the Igbos don't find some unity and the ability to vote as a mass, how can they achieve the presidency? Even in this election all parties can see the ethnic sentiments emanating from the south east, and a leader expects to emerge from there? The hausa and yoruba political blocks have decided to respect themselves and work together to achieve political success. If the Igbos are not building bridges of friendship with the other major political blocks, how far can that ambition go? I see Fashola as the next president after Buhari...

Stop lying to yourself. Yorubas are in both APC and PDP. The north has people in both parties. Why do you want Igbos to be only in one party? Why do you have different standards for Igbos and the others? Are you not a wicked hypocrite?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by menesheh(m): 3:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Insanity

South East geo-political zone will produce the president of Nigeria after 2019

While he is supporting a party if elected will spend the next 8 yrs and still there is narrow chance in 2022

Shame on you
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Ramnon2: 4:07am On Jan 10, 2015
menesheh:
Insanity

South East geo-political zone will produce the president of Nigeria after 2019

While he is supporting a party if elected will spend the next 8 yrs and still there is narrow chance in 2022

Shame on you

Actually Igbos may get the presidency faster with APC than PDP

If GEJ wins, there is no jupiter that will make PDP not give power to the North after him. There is no way in this world a southerner would succeed GEJ.
With APC, after Buhari it will come down south and SE and SW will have to battle for it. Even, before 2019, Buhari may be dead. Tinubu may also die of his current ailment at some point (that is a route for every mortal). That way, the space is opened up for others to compete
I strongly suggest that Igbos give APC a chance at least at the state and LGA levels, even if they do not like Buhari. I also would not be voting Buhari, neither would I vote GEJ. I can however vote APC candidate at the state and lower levels.

Igbos would have been idiotic to constrict themselves to only PDP. So, I thank God for Rochas, Ngige and others helping to build up APC in Igboland. We are big enough to be in the two major parties and take what belongs to us from both parties.

2 Likes

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Change2015(m): 4:42am On Jan 10, 2015
Ramnon2:

Stop lying to yourself. Yorubas are in both APC and PDP. The north has people in both parties. Why do you want Igbos to be only in one party? Why do you have different standards for Igbos and the others? Are you not a wicked hypocrite?

Try to understand in yoruba land APC is the dominant force, in the North West Buhari is and he will also garner majority in North East. Nobody sees any leadership that can mass mobilise in a similar manner in the south east. Even ojukwu flopped badly in every election he participated in, and APGA has one state and no personalities that can rally support at the level required for a successful presidential campaign. Also it is not clear that beyond saying 'it is our turn' that there is any strategy or alliance working to achieve that objective.
No I don't expect everyone of a tribe to be in one party, but at least their leading lights should be visible, and the ideas they stand for, better known. Politics is not magic. If there is no igbo contender today, there will be no possibility of an igbo presidency for at least 12yrs.
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Frankiss44(m): 4:49am On Jan 10, 2015
Sadusky:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/174584-%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8Bits-%E2%80%8Bturn-%E2%80%8Bsouth-east%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B-produce-nigerias-president-2019-okorocha.html?

If this fool believes ab0ki will handover to an ibo candidate come 2019, the he can believe anything.

It will be very difficult for an ibo man to rule this control and I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Change2015(m): 4:51am On Jan 10, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
Rochas is a desperado,he doesn't understand the game of politics. If APC wanted to correct injustice done to Igbos politically they would have started by giving an Igboman the APC presidential candidate since the Igbos have not got it, not after 2019 or beyond. A promise made to a woman in the bed, as it was promised during the second republic. The north is desperately in need of power and my fear is; what will be the consequence if they get? since the world is experiencing a new doctrine of Islam and its jihad which started recently can cause religious war. secondly, will the impatient North allow power to rotate to regions? since they rules almost 40years but immediately Obasanjo took over they fought him tooth and nail with sharia and religious war in other to frustrate him. They made me to be supporting GEJ because they rioted the day he took over and he won election they killed hundreds of people which means they don't want him at all. They could have allowed him if he fails all of us will see it and know how to kick him out. Thirdly, what is the safety of minority tribes in the North? since a group of people is presently carrying war of genocide on them and the northern leaders and politicians keep quiet. Can that be called systematic total extermination or ethnic cleansing.Be wise!

I'm sorry to ask but what did the south East contribute to the formation of the apc or its sustenance thus far? Buhari represents the solid votes of at least 7 States, and the south West can count on a minimum of 6 States. What would an igbo candidate contribute by way of electoral appeal, to earn such a position? If your own people don't support the apc or the Igbo politician, why should any party take the risk of nominating someone who cannot even deliver his region? Politics is a game of numbers and the south East vote is too divided.
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Pavore9: 5:47am On Jan 10, 2015
He must be smoking wet ugu leaves!
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by focus7: 5:50am On Jan 10, 2015
I disagree with Okorocha on this, we already have an Igbo in Ebele Azikewe GJ ruling nigeria, that should serve for igbos interest.
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by menesheh(m): 8:38am On Jan 10, 2015
Ramnon2:

[s]Actually Igbos may get the presidency faster with APC than PDP

If GEJ wins, there is no jupiter that will make PDP not give power to the North after him. There is no way in this world a southerner would succeed GEJ.
With APC, after Buhari it will come down south and SE and SW will have to battle for it. Even, before 2019, Buhari may be dead. Tinubu may also die of his current ailment at some point (that is a route for every mortal). That way, the space is opened up for others to compete
I strongly suggest that Igbos give APC a chance at least at the state and LGA levels, even if they do not like Buhari. I also would not be voting Buhari, neither would I vote GEJ. I can however vote APC candidate at the state and lower levels.

Igbos would have been idiotic to constrict themselves to only PDP. So, I thank God for Rochas, Ngige and others helping to build up APC in Igboland. We are big enough to be in the two major parties and take what belongs to us from both parties.[/s]
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 10, 2015
They want the presidency, yet they insult the regions who will vote for that. The yorubas they call dirty while they call the northerners illiterate and jihadists. They expect that the presidency will be handed over to them on the basis of "it's awa turn" forgetting that alliances is what will get it for them. Which party will field an ibo candidate when they know other regions will be reminded of how they insulted them, how they plan to secceed, and how they have played politics of religion and ethnicity. But I thought GEJ was doing their "awa turn".
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by SweetJoystick(m): 9:23am On Jan 10, 2015
Tribe and religion I don't care about, all I want is a true leader, a national leader that will always put Nigeria and Nigerians first, that will develop the country and her citizens, take us to the next level always
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Chigold101(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2015
Buhari shouldnt talk about idleness in igboland. igbos dont stay idle.

1 Like

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2015
Frankiss44:

If this fool believes ab0ki will handover to an ibo candidate come 2019, the he can believe anything.

It will be very difficult for an ibo man to rule this control and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

had it been, APGa gave APC chance and merged together, igbos would have stand chance of producing presidet.

1 Like

Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 11, 2015
Frankiss44:

Anything can happen bro,,
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2015
Supported
Re: It’s ​turn Of ​south-east​​ To Produce Nigeria’s President After 2019 – Okorocha by jdilight(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2015
sherrylo:
yes ooo, I knew that was the planned game.It will work sha.

Lol when you wake up tell us

(1) (Reply)

Northern Politician In PDP States Are Only Deceiving Gej,no GEJ Poster On Displa / Fuel Scarcity?? White Woman Seen In The Boot Of A Car In Lagos (photos) / A Drug Baron Cannot be a Leader In The Party In Power #apcsacktinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.