Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,063 members, 7,933,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:33 AM

Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home (15602 Views)

US Forces Locate Chibok Girls-New York Times / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / ISIS: US Forces Kill Senior IS Leader Abu Sayyaf, Capture His Wife Umm Sayyaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by AloyEmeka9: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2008
Make una come how and improve our economy. More market, more money and more troubles. Just stay away from politics because they will kill you here. This place no be America.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by RibaduFan(m): 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2008
Aloy Emeka

If a man is gonna clothe you, u first note his own apparel.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by AloyEmeka9: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2008
I don't know what you are saying but why are Nigerians becoming xenophobic everyday even to their own countrymen returning home. These guys are not returning to become parasytes, rather they are coming home with cash which will enhance the free market and enrich our pockets one way or the day. It's a symbiotic relationship. We give them their homes back, they give us their knowledge and dollars. grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by RibaduFan(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2008
Aloy

They are Nigerian just like u and I, so u aint giving me nothing. But about them coming back to give us anything, u can't give what u dont have.

U cant give what u dont have
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Pittbaby(f): 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2008
I wonder if Nigeria will have an enough jobs, if all the Naija people in the Diaspora came back. I understand if they are coming to start businesses, but how about the job seekers? Are there really enough jobs. Lets remember that not everybody is losing there jobs the unemployment rate is about 6% in the US now that is still far lower than Naija. So I seriously question the mass exodus on these grounds. I am happy for Naija though it is time we got a brain gain and not a brain drain for a change
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by algood(f): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2008
Pittbaby:

I wonder if Nigeria will have an enough jobs, if all the Naija people in the Diaspora came back. I understand if they are coming to start businesses, but how about the job seekers? Are there really enough jobs. Lets remember that not everybody is losing there jobs the unemployment rate is about 6% in the US now that is still far lower than Naija. So I seriously question the mass exodus on these grounds. I am happy for Naija though it is time we got a brain gain and not a brain drain for a change

u sure its brain gain and not a brain drain, i hope it so ,if they dont get killed out of envy and trust the ever ready witches in the village.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Pittbaby(f): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2008
Lol Abi , I dont know why people can not mind their own life and stop looking at the next man's pot
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2008
Sweet T:

No She don't do yahoo, she does do yahoo yahoo boyz.
go siddon in your lil corner
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Ndipe(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2008
Jakumo:

[b]In comparison to a medical doctor living in Nigeria, an African immigrant who works in the UK or Holland as a traffic warden or cab driver would enjoy [b]a far better standard of life, in terms of the availability of affordable medical care and education, constant electricicy, clean water, well-maintained roads, freedom of movement, safe mass transit systems, effective law enforcement and state unemployment benefits, to name but a few key indices of civilized life.[/b][/b]
Notwithstanding the wild theories of the beer-hall statisticians who have clearly mistaken the annual VISITS by Nigerian citizens to their homeland as being indicative of a mass, permanent relocation back to Nigeria by former emigrants, the only Nigerians who would seriously consider residing permanently in today's nihilistic Nigeria, after having tasted life in The West, would be those who are lured to Nigeria with promises of making Big Money from inflated government contracts, or those who are on the run from the law in a land where the police don't take bribes.

You may be right, but to be frank, but honestly, I'd rather be an MD in Nigerian than be a cab driver in UK.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Ndipe(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2008
diasporian:

@Kobo

These people who live below $1 a day, may end up eating and living a more happy life than people in the west who live on $100 a day.

that people live on $1 a day in Nigeria - say 120 Naira - does not necessarily interprete to "abuject poverty" which you are dwelling upon here - don't you get it?

In the so called rural places, 120Naira is a lot of money, beleive it or not, they can sustain their lifes happily without needing to resort to empty and bufonery life styles like in the west - which obviously you look upon and use as a yardstick to measure the poverty indices or index in Nigeria.

Gbam!. 120 Naira is of greater value in Nigeria than 1 dollar in the USA.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by dean2725: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
Pittbaby:

I wonder if Nigeria will have an enough jobs, if all the Naija people in the Diaspora came back. I understand if they are coming to start businesses

It's going to be a massacre if all Nigerians living abroad are to come back to Nigeria, because Nigerians abroad, who  had a quality education  will be more welcome and treated with silverware than those educated in naija even if those in naija are better off. Our education is taboo!!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by dean2725: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2008
algood:

u sure its brain gain and not a brain drain, i hope it so ,if they don't get killed out of envy and trust the ever ready witches in the village.

Even the state of security in Nigeria is a big reason to stay away from nigeria until all those self-centered leaders find their way to grave. I am sure those going back to Nigeria will not go alone , they must have with them their Quran/Bible, a 367 revol, and a little madness cos to visit Nigeria , you need to prepare for all those supposed family who are ready to terminate your life because of your hard cur grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2008
A dollar is worth more in Nigerian than in America? shocked
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Ndipe(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

A dollar is worth more in Nigerian than in America?  shocked

Absolutely. One dollar in America cant get me a value meal at Mickey Dees? but it's equivalent in Nigeria (120 Naira) can get me a solid eba with egusi soup at "Food is Ready." Stop being sentimental abut the worth of the dollar in America and its equivalency with Naira in Nigeria.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2008
@dreeldee

I don't even know what to call you
Dundee or Dude?

can't u get it, i'm not against anybody who travels out of Naija may be for Business purpose or any other reasons. I'm not even against anyone who desire to nationalize in other countries. I'm only against people like you, suffering from  "idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura" who believes out of Niaja is a visa to paradise. I only tackle [b]glorified Dumbass like you, who at out of personally frustration due to spiritual or family problems, will begin to throw dust at the little gradual progress Nigeria is currently gaining. Mind you, not every one in diaspora is a slave or into slavery, like a knucklehead like you believes ok? If you know or were being told the condition in Malaysia, what single idea does a scumbag juvenile gangster like you have to say about any Asian even European country.For all i care, We should be positive about naija at least for once. I have been to 2 European countries and 6 Asian countries, i do realize that every country has it own flaws and glory.  Inspite of so many  boisterous episodes stirring her face, Nigeria is only gradually preparing for the glory to come. I believe there should be a limit to how we explain the hyperbole of happenings  in Naija. Its quite good to express our grievances, not in place of constantly rubbishing the Image with tongue. I pray we all live to see and enjoy the soonest rising glory.
roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
Ndipe:

You may be right, but to be frank, but honestly, I'd rather be an MD in Nigerian than be a cab driver in UK.

Yeeeeeeeeee! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by slimfine(f): 12:37am On Dec 23, 2008
why would anyone compare a MD in Nigeria vs Cab driver in UK?

that is to show you how low nigeria economy has become
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Ndipe(m): 12:50am On Dec 23, 2008
slimfine:

why would anyone compare a MD in Nigeria vs Cab driver in UK?

that is to show you how low nigeria economy has become

I highly doubt the economy has gone so bad in Nigeria that one may assume that a cab driver in UK is better off than an MD in Nigeria. No comparison at all. People sometimes neglect to, when factoring in the 'quality of life' to ask about personal happiness. Would you assume that the cab driver, who is struggling to make ends meet is happier than the MD in Nigeria, who is happy to be in the profession that he went to school for, instead of eking a living doing menial job abroad. Think about it.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by honeric01(m): 1:53am On Dec 23, 2008
I believe when the british people were leaving Nigeria, they left one thing in the brain of every living nigerians to pass across to their generation. HOW TO DOWNGRADE ANYTHING NIGERIA. so i understand why people can never find any progress in Nigeria even with the fact that they can communicate with Nigerians at home online steadily.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by hedges007(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2008
[s]What's with this grammar? to show you're a Harvard graduate? very typical of your kind. You're not making a bit of sense fu cking idiot, if you've traveled that much and you still have such resentments against your brothers abroad, then you need to have your brain checked. It's not anybody's fault that you've been denied visas to these countries that are better than Nigeria several times, face the vagabonds in power who can turn the tide around for the country not hardworking Nigerian making decent living where they are. I don't care what you say about me because your ass don't know shit about me. Next time in a conversation, get yourself organized and sensible by not using grammars you can't explain [/s]

@dreeldee
Sorry if you are confused with my grammar ko, i never knew that an ignoramus like you only managed to be a primary school drop out. grin grin grin
I can't even imagine anywhere you could have gotten access to, that could make you feel shoulder-high,
anywhere wey u don ever travel to, na like a stroll to me ok?
if i may ask? where you dey sef, beacuse i could suspect a garrulous person like you can not travel farther than Cotonou.
Or are you trying decisive yourself with that faux webshot pix u posted, funny enough, u were nowhere to be found in the pix.
Once get it straight, i'm not against anyone in disapora, i only don't support the way some fellows rubbish the name and image of Nigeria when in disapora. Did you get that Numskull?
Learn to talk my Brother, You no reach sef ! ! !, You no represent! ! !.

If u no mind, dem fit open another thread for me and you sha.

Anamu grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 6:40am On Dec 23, 2008
honeric01:

I believe when the british people were leaving Nigeria, they left one thing in the brain of every living nigerians to pass across to their generation. HOW TO DOWNGRADE ANYTHING NIGERIA. so i understand why people can never find any progress in Nigeria even with the fact that they can communicate with Nigerians at home online steadily.
abiooo
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 6:41am On Dec 23, 2008
Ndipe:

I highly doubt the economy has gone so bad in Nigeria that one may assume that a cab driver in UK is better off than an MD in Nigeria. No comparison at all. People sometimes neglect to, when factoring in the 'quality of life' to ask about personal happiness. Would you assume that the cab driver, who is struggling to make ends meet is happier than the MD in Nigeria, who is happy to be in the profession that he went to school for, instead of eking a living doing menial job abroad. Think about it.

I don't even know what they mean by better life because it entails a lot of things. One can have $10M and still be miserable or indebted to the tune of $30M thereby having sleepless nights while another with $10 snores and growls like a lion at the middle of the night.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 23, 2008
I think this is all just propaganda.
I mean do you really think that Nigerians are leaving the U.S for good. I think not. It's just for Xmas. Flights will be fully booked from MMA to the U.S from Jan 2 - 10.
I seriously doubt that Nigerians doing menial jobs will leave the U.S to search for opportunities in Nigerian since they don't exist.
The only people that might be lured are the graduates with white collar jobs. I don't even see them returning since the credit crunch hasn't "eaten" too much into that class of people.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 9:14am On Dec 23, 2008
Ndipe:

I highly doubt the economy has gone so bad in Nigeria that one may assume that a cab driver in UK is better off than an MD in Nigeria. No comparison at all. People sometimes neglect to, when factoring in the quality of life to ask about personal happiness. Would you assume that the cab driver, who is struggling to make ends meet is happier than the MD in Nigeria, who is happy to be in the profession that he went to school for, instead of eking a living doing menial job abroad. Think about it.

Ndipe, unless you happen to reside in the most gang-infested ghetto of Oakland, chances are that on your daily work commute, your mind is free to dwell on the coming day's activities at your place of employment.  You will not, for example, be preoccupied with uncertainty about whether a street checkpoint along your proposed route that is manned by trigger-happy soldiers has been dismantled, while weighing the risks of avoiding that checkpoint by taking a long detour through a route notorious for car-jacking, but through which evasive fast driving is impossible due to the road being cratered like the lunar surface.

On reaching your place of employment, your ability to use the computer to work on critical tasks will NOT be dependent on whether the company's diesel electricity generator runs without mechanical breakdown, nor will your company's ability to locate unadulterated fuel for that "power station"  depend on whether or not there exists an artificial fuel scarcity created by diesel hoarders and marketers.   Correct me if I am wrong, Ndipe, but the Bay Area has not seen a power outage since the "rolling blackouts" of five years ago.

One has to remain ALIVE to enjoy and propound on the "Quality of Life",  and to me the primary determinant of civilized life is freedom of movement.   If your child were to require a nighttime hospital visit in the orderly society and city in which you live, you would NOT be filled with stark terror about the near-CERTAINTY that your car WILL be waylaid by bandits as you convey your precious loved one to a medical facility in the dead of night.

Unless one chooses denial over reality, that freedom of movement DOES NOT EXIST in Nigeria, regardless of how professionally successfull and wealthy the resident of Nigeria may be, unless, of course, that person resides within the self-contained and heavily guarded fortresses built by the multinationals in Nigeria for staff accommodation.  If you fall into this rarefied category of Super Nigerians. then my hat is off to you for being FAR more equal than others.

Conclusion : Whatever creature comforts money can buy in Nigeria will only offer temporary and illusory respite from the multitude of life-threatening risks that lie in wait right on the other side of those fortified residences and offices of the rich, and for this reason the LIFE EXPECTANCY, as well as the quality of life for any person resident in Nigeria is without question WAY lower than most other "peacetime" countries on this planet.

For every UK "garbage disposal technician" that lives to collect retirement benefits and see grandchildren play in the back garden, TEN Nigerian doctors are randomly killed by armed robbers before they reach the age of 40.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by dreeldee: 10:28am On Dec 23, 2008
hedges007:

[s]What's with this grammar? to show you're a Harvard graduate? very typical of your kind. You're not making a bit of sense fu cking idiot, if you've traveled that much and you still have such resentments against your brothers abroad, then you need to have your brain checked. It's not anybody's fault that you've been denied visas to these countries that are better than Nigeria several times, face the vagabonds in power who can turn the tide around for the country not hardworking Nigerian making decent living where they are. I don't care what you say about me because your ass don't know shit about me. Next time in a conversation, get yourself organized and sensible by not using grammars you can't explain [/s]

@dreeldee
Sorry if you are confused with my grammar ko, i never knew that an ignoramus like you only managed to be a primary school drop out. grin grin grin
I can't even imagine anywhere you could have gotten access to, that could make you feel shoulder-high,
anywhere wey u don ever travel to, na like a stroll to me ok?
if i may ask? where you dey sef, beacuse i could suspect a garrulous person like you can not travel farther than Cotonou.
Or are you trying decisive yourself with that faux webshot pix u posted, funny enough, u were nowhere to be found in the pix.
Once get it straight, i'm not against anyone in disapora, i only don't support the way some fellows rubbish the name and image of Nigeria when in disapora. Did you get that Numskull?
Learn to talk my Brother, You no reach sef ! ! !, You no represent! ! !.

If u no mind, them fit open another thread for me and you sha.

Anamu grin

Ok now i know you have an impaired ability to understand written language and sorry i don't exchange words with your kind. Since you've decided to remain the idiot that you are, i won't waste useful time on you anymore. Have fun loser wink

@post Nigeria is not immune from the global financial crisis which makes me doubt if truly these Nigerians are going home for good cool
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Moves: 10:40am On Dec 23, 2008
Jakumo:

Ndipe, unless you happen to reside in the most gang-infested ghetto of Oakland, chances are that on your daily work commute, your mind is free to dwell on the coming day's activities at your place of employment. You will not, for example, be preoccupied with uncertainty about whether a street checkpoint along your proposed route that is manned by trigger-happy soldiers has been dismantled, while weighing the risks of avoiding that checkpoint by taking a long detour through a route notorious for car-jacking, but through which evasive fast driving is impossible due to the road being cratered like the lunar surface.

On reaching your place of employment, your ability to use the computer to work on critical tasks will NOT be dependent on whether the company's diesel electricity generator runs without mechanical breakdown, nor will your company's ability to locate unadulterated fuel for that "power station" depend on whether or not there exists an artificial fuel scarcity created by diesel hoarders and marketers. Correct me if I am wrong, Ndipe, but the Bay Area has not seen a power outage since the "rolling blackouts" of five years ago.

One has to remain ALIVE to enjoy and propound on the "Quality of Life", and to me the primary determinant of civilized life is freedom of movement. If your child were to require a nighttime hospital visit in the orderly society and city in which you live, you would NOT be filled with stark terror about the near-CERTAINTY that your car WILL be waylaid by bandits as you convey your precious loved one to a medical facility in the dead of night.

Unless one chooses denial over reality, that freedom of movement DOES NOT EXIST in Nigeria, regardless of how professionally successfull and wealthy the resident of Nigeria may be, unless, of course, that person resides within the self-contained and heavily guarded fortresses built by the multinationals in Nigeria for staff accommodation. If you fall into this rarefied category of Super Nigerians. then my hat is off to you for being FAR more equal than others.

Conclusion : Whatever creature comforts money can buy in Nigeria will only offer temporary and illusory respite from the multitude of life-threatening risks that lie in wait right on the other side of those fortified residences and offices of the rich, and for this reason the LIFE EXPECTANCY, as well as the quality of life for any person resident in Nigeria is without question WAY lower than most other "peacetime" countries on this planet.

For every UK "garbage disposal technician" that lives to collect retirement benefits and see grandchildren play in the back garden, TEN Nigerian doctors are randomly killed by armed robbers before they reach the age of 40.
I agree with U in totality; Safety of Life and Properties is the main concern of any nigerian in diaspora comtemplating of going back to nigeria, not wealth, It is also the concern of those living in nigeria; hence this basic neccessity becomes the bench mark for assessing quality of life
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by diasporian: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2008
Jakumo:

Ndipe, unless you happen to reside in the most gang-infested ghetto of Oakland, chances are that on your daily work commute, your mind is free to dwell on the coming day's activities at your place of employment.  You will not, for example, be preoccupied with uncertainty about whether a street checkpoint along your proposed route that is manned by trigger-happy soldiers has been dismantled, while weighing the risks of avoiding that checkpoint by taking a long detour through a route notorious for car-jacking, but through which evasive fast driving is impossible due to the road being cratered like the lunar surface.

On reaching your place of employment, your ability to use the computer to work on critical tasks will NOT be dependent on whether the company's diesel electricity generator runs without mechanical breakdown, nor will your company's ability to locate unadulterated fuel for that "power station"  depend on whether or not there exists an artificial fuel scarcity created by diesel hoarders and marketers.   Correct me if I am wrong, Ndipe, but the Bay Area has not seen a power outage since the "rolling blackouts" of five years ago.

One has to remain ALIVE to enjoy and propound on the "Quality of Life",  and to me the primary determinant of civilized life is freedom of movement.   If your child were to require a nighttime hospital visit in the orderly society and city in which you live, you would NOT be filled with stark terror about the near-CERTAINTY that your car WILL be waylaid by bandits as you convey your precious loved one to a medical facility in the dead of night.

Unless one chooses denial over reality, that freedom of movement DOES NOT EXIST in Nigeria, regardless of how professionally successfull and wealthy the resident of Nigeria may be, unless, of course, that person resides within the self-contained and heavily guarded fortresses built by the multinationals in Nigeria for staff accommodation.  If you fall into this rarefied category of Super Nigerians. then my hat is off to you for being FAR more equal than others.

Where is your proof of this statement?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by hedges007(m): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2008
dreeldee:

Ok now i know you have an impaired ability to understand written language and sorry i don't exchange words with your kind. Since you've decided to remain the idiot that you are, i won't waste useful time on you anymore. Have fun loser wink

@post Nigeria is not immune from the global financial crisis which makes me doubt if truly these Nigerians are going home for good cool

@ dreeldee

hahahaha

I noticed that by now, your ass felt intimidated and you want to cowardly but systematically surrender in order to rest ur hebetudinous brain.

Well its quite good for you boy. grin

Take care of yourself, and remember to visit home from your cotonou hide-out. grin

All the same, Merry Christmas to you
try to visit Amusement Garage over there, for funnky fun. grin

Hahaha, see yaaaaaah
grin grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2008
diasporian:

Where is your proof of this statement?

Read the Nigerian papers and the obituaries DAILY, for a month, and you will conclude that my risk assessment of Nigeria is UNDERstated, Diasporan.

If you want first-hand experience of Nigeria's perils, take a SINGLE night bus or car ride from Lagos, Nigeria to any destination, and count how many detours and stops have to be made to avoid armed robbers in ONE SINGLE NIGHT of travel.

As a comparative study, also take a hundred night-bus round-trips from Manchester Piccadilly to London Victoria via the M1 motorway, and note that your bus will NEVER ONCE stop, divert or flee to evade armed robbers.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 11:30am On Dec 23, 2008
Read the Nigerian papers and the obituaries DAILY, for a month, and you will conclude that my risk assessment of Nigeria is UNDERstated, Diasporan.

If you want first-hand experience of Nigeria's perils, take a SINGLE night bus or car ride from Lagos, Nigeria to any destination, and count how many detours and stops have to be made to avoid armed robbers in ONE SINGLE NIGHT of travel.

As a comparative study, also take a hundred night-bus round-trips from Manchester Piccadilly to London Victoria via the M1 motorway, and note that your bus will NEVER ONCE stop, divert or flee to evade armed robbers.

Go back to Lagos Jakumo. Will you die abroad? tongue tongue
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2008
roflmao!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by FKseun(m): 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2008
Those of you out there, I advise you to ignore the negative comments from the jealous 'locals'. A lot of them desire to be where you are except for the 'constraints' they are facing. Please continue to strive in your individual endeavours until you deem it fit to return. May God bless us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerians Assess Buhari's First Year In Office (Video) / Makarfi Committee Collects N50m Monthly From Govs – PDP / Amosun Deserves Our Sympathy - Ogun APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.