Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,815 members, 7,872,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? (26815 Views)

Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Mayor88(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2015
Wtf! Capital wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by dljbd1(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2015
VickyyB:

CLICK HERE

lolz...you harsh Ooo grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by hensben(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2015
Dekonjay:
IMO anybody can ask whatever question they like. If/How you choose to answer is what counts.
who liked this post huh
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by jpphilips(m): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2015
hayoakins:
I earn enough to take care of your daughter and if you are willing to help me get a job that can earn me seven digit in a month, i wouldn't mind grin

That is what most people will answer but you need to see my friend's face when one village champion who thought her daughter is quarter to Agbani asked him that question, your countenance and body language alone would force him to change the subject.

At some point, when the "inlaw in chief regalia" grin wasn't getting the nuance, he simply called for a glass of water and asked him back, "Senior, lets stay focused on why we are here I didn't travel this far to start permutation and combination on my account balance"

His fellow village dumbos started clapping at the sound of the grammar, her useless oldest brother who at 37 was still living in his father's house was shinning his eyes, whispered to the father that a big car doesn't mean one has money after all, men borrow cars to impress inlaws, guess what; the "big car" was a lousy 2009 Toyota corolla that my friend don't even take seriously, the car became an option due to fuel efficiency, his office knock about car, chei! laugh nearly killed me.

It became clearer the level of poverty and braggadocio he was getting involved in, the girl actually told him that her father is a chief, not knowing that some traditional stools are inherited grin grin
My guy ran faster than Usain.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 13, 2015
Could be you got them worried with the way you were looking cheesy so they just had to ask.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 13, 2015
jnrbayano:

I only thought you to take charge of the decisions you make with that post.

Don't hinge them on other people.

Now, what makes it wrong?
On a second thought, it all depends on the motive behind d question. Oftentimes, such questions are asked for d following reasons:
• To mock d man
• To emasculate him
• A polite way of saying find ur class.
It's all aimed at insulting d guy's personality.

We only see rare occasions where such questions are asked out of a concerned heart maybe come in and render assistance in d best way they can.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by 9jatatafo(m): 9:33am On Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by penzino(m): 9:34am On Jan 13, 2015
dljbd1:

Hahahhha...there is a lot you don't knw Oooo.

I go take over this thread if I start Ooo
Oya straight to whatsapp.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by dammywapes(m): 9:35am On Jan 13, 2015
You know one thing , is not right for them to know. You and your fiance is another family. This is where "bukata" started to come in for the man before you know it, go and meet your sis husband he will give you. Tho you can help them out.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by jpphilips(m): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2015
Mayor88:
Wtf! Capital wrong

It is actually an insult
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by woky: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2015
VickyyB:

lipsrsealed
abeg talk jor
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2015
justi4jesu:

I have digressed a little because of your last comment you made by mentioning the husband's wife owning one of the leading schools in PH. If the wife didn't assist when he was getting his NYSC Allowance, then i stand to say it's just 1 out of 10 possible outcomes.

1 out of 10? C'mon you don't mean that. Are you trying to say there aren't wealthy men who started on their own, whose wives are idle?
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by ArabianPrince: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2015
As far as am concerned, there is nothing wrong in asking how much the person earns. It's only the proud low wage earner that will find it offensive. They should be concerned about the welfare of their daughter. If it is ok to ask about job...then it is Ok to ask about salary. Probably some in-laws do help to get a better paying job. I bet if they allocate millions of Naira to assist the couples in settling down despite having a good job...people saying its rude won't find it rude or annoying receiving funds. Hypocrisy.

Please don't quote me. cool
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by jnrbayano(m): 9:37am On Jan 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
On a second thought, it all depends on the motive behind d question. Oftentimes, such questions are asked for d following reasons:
• To mock d man
• To emasculate him
• A polite way of saying find ur class.
It's all aimed at insulting d guy's personality.

We only see rare occasions where such questions are asked out of a concerned heart maybe come in and render assistance in d best way they can.

Yes and those motives shouldn't be your business. What should be your business is your answer to them and your reactions subsequently.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Mega72(m): 9:38am On Jan 13, 2015
Very wrong ooooh!
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by justi4jesu(f): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2015
freecocoa:
1 out of 10? C'mon you don't mean that. Are you trying to say there aren't wealthy men who started on their own, whose wives are idle?

I beg to differ!
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2015
VickyyB:

CLICK HERE

Makes sense. kid.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by dljbd1(m): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2015
penzino:
Oya straight to whatsapp.
grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2015
jnrbayano:

Yes and those motives shouldn't be your business. What should be your business is your answer to them and your reactions subsequently.
right. Now, let me ask u this. How will you react to such question if asked by the parents of your fiance?
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 9:46am On Jan 13, 2015
justi4jesu:

I beg to differ!
You are allowed to think differently my dear, still doesn't change the fact that there are, I know that I know some, at best, these women just spend the money for the man and the man doesn't mind.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 13, 2015
freecocoa:

My answer would be "with all due respect, that's none of your business".

lol , but where's the due respect in that statement.

Been a while freecocoa
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 13, 2015
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 13, 2015
Very wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Alvison(m): 9:51am On Jan 13, 2015
wrong but we do them anyway
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by jpphilips(m): 9:52am On Jan 13, 2015
eph12:
What's wrong with the question? Assuming its your daughter won't you be interested in if the guy your daughter brings home can take care of her?

Are you saying that a grown arse old man is too dumb not to know what a career keeps on the table? if he cant figure it out, his grey hair counts for nothing.
Let me ask you a direct question;

Can you call your father in march 2015 that you got a teaching job, then Dec. 2015, return home with a Range Vogue, what would your father do?
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Sunkyphil(m): 9:53am On Jan 13, 2015
its totally not acceptable
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 9:53am On Jan 13, 2015
neoapocalypse:

lol , but where's the due respect in that statement.

Been a while freecocoa
The due respect there is me not saying "where are your manners as old as you are, never ask me such rude/ irrelevant question again" grin.

You were the one MIA, I've been around.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by jnrbayano(m): 9:54am On Jan 13, 2015
woky:
I tot as much grin grin grin

You know me na cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 9:56am On Jan 13, 2015
VickyyB:

When the husband is rich, wife should also be hardworking- that's the problem most women do.

So there's no way they can go broke even if the husband become poor one day. undecided
If you believe this then you can believe anything, like they can pull their resources together and get duped, duh!
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 9:58am On Jan 13, 2015
daey118:

talk about ..bullets to the leg..
Say what now?
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 13, 2015
whether i make 350k or 35k a month, its none of their motherfucking business.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Edusouls(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2015
kai na golddigger parents dey m be ooo, dey run in time ooo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? / Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? / My Husband Is So Attached To His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.