Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview (22957 Views)

Nigerian Military Kills Over 300 Terrorists, Captures Many Others (pics) / Nigerian Military Condemns Cnn's Interview With Nigerian Soldiers / Nigerian Military Condemns Cnn's Interview With Nigerian Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by PassingShot(m): 7:09am On Jan 16, 2015
iterator24:
ISIS took iraq in a year, meanwhile boko haram is still confined to the north east (borno) in 5 year insurgency. . dude, do you think boko haram can get into abuja with their pick up trucks anfd start running things any how? their weapon is suicide bombers and cowards do that.. respect ypur military!

How dare you compare Iraq which has being experience one type of problem or the other since the overthrow of Sadam Hussein with Nigeria!

Iraq has never been stable politically and you're comparing them with us.

Please use your brain mister.
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Teagirl(f): 7:11am On Jan 16, 2015
The west will do to us what the have been doing to other countries, expect more lies from CNN between now to 14 febuary, the aim is to completely loose faith in the present government and vote for their puppet Buhari, their aim is for Nigeria to break up and the will succed cos we are not united..poor Nigerians the believe any lies the are been fed by CNN..the will fuel fake war and put their puppet in Government**the will do to Nigeria what the did to libya..only if we are united or doom await us.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by sirfemoz(m): 7:11am On Jan 16, 2015
If anyone believes such CNN interview, then that person can believe that Abacha can rise from his death and lead Nigeria again.. Nigerians can be so gullible, Gosh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by fennels007(m): 7:12am On Jan 16, 2015
LMAyedun:
CNN has been known to always paint Nigeria in a bad light!!
then somtin is wrong with nigeria. And truly everything is wrong in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Newkidoo(m): 7:13am On Jan 16, 2015
nefertitiram:

CNN is European! Hehehehehe! Otuoke Indigene! Show thyself!
Guy Na mistake.. No vex but check my signature!! I can never be an otuoke indigene oo... Cluelessness Out!! Change IN!!
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Krak(m): 7:14am On Jan 16, 2015
iterator24:
ISIS took iraq in a year, meanwhile boko haram is still confined to the north east (borno) in 5 year insurgency. . dude, do you think boko haram can get into abuja with their pick up trucks anfd start running things any how? their weapon is suicide bombers and cowards do that.. respect ypur military!

Where did you get your news from? ISIS does not control even half of Iraq. And who told you ISIS started within a year? They have been around for years under other names and pls ISIS is much more powerful than Boko Haram.

I still commend the Nigerian Military but they clearly need to do more in order to decimate Boko Haram.
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by hotwax: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2015
thunder74:
I have carefully read all the comments above and it is sad to see what some people post here. This is not about GEJ vs GMB but National security and Nigeria.

We all know that America do not like Nigeria and are ready to bring her down bc of Nigeria influence in Africa. Remember how we were treated during the Ebola crisis on the nonsense symap, Obama's visit to Ghana, refusal to sell weapons to us, their inability to do anything meaningful since they came to Nigeria to help on Chibok girls etc.

Though, there may be some truth in the broadcast but it has been doctored, edited and sensationalised. Like somebody sensibly said, army uniform are not sold in the market and you will be arrested for trading on it. It is not allowed by law.

For some us that have been following this terrorism war, you will recall that, NA has changed military uniform severally when it was discovered that Boko Haram were using army uniform. These they do to identify themselves and for the few pictures released, you will also notice the design and colour are not always the same and are different from NA uniform we are used to. (the type one of the killed terrorist wore in yesterday pictures posted by NA).

I served in the North and as the then state president of a group, I toured all the local governments of the state. The war can't be won like that, imagine you drive for about 8 hours within a local government or in a state. The settlements are not together as they scattered across the states. It is not easy having soldiers in all this settlements.

More worrisome is the attitude of the brainwashed indegenes who see Boko Haram as fighting for them and Islam. Moreso, there is no identify location or camp called Boko Haram settlement or camp. This is not a regular war.

Guy...Let me clue you in

1. You dont fight boko-haram armed guys. They are nobody
2. You go after the sponsors, network and family members. Cut of the head of the insurgence, and the armed guys (body) will die naturally.

Obasanjo told Jonathan to do this, Jonathan said they are members of PDP and some of them are part of his cabinet. So he is not ready to dismantle PDP or show weakness in his administration.

Remember, Azazi says PDP is boko-haram, bokohama is PDP.

Only a bias and political inclined Nigeria will refute all these facts.

A leader that is ready to take these steps will win the war.

Can Buhari do this? I am not sure. I dont trust Buhari too.

Only someone like OBJ can do this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by HugeMac: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2015
iterator24:
YOU HAVE SAID THE TRUTH , BUT THE PROBLEM IS SOME NIGERIANS MOSTLY ON THIS THREAD ARE NOT PATRIOTIC , THEY LACK COMMON SENSE , BECAUSE YOU HATE YOUR PRESIDENT , YOU WILL BELEIVE EVERY NEGATIVE NEWS COMING FROM ENEMIES OF THIS COUNTRY,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by dBard: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2015
Reading the comments here, u get the impression this is a classic case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. It's a report indicting the present gov't therefore it is correct.
We've conveniently forgotten how CNN tends to run down n sensationalize any bad report coming out from Africa.
Ask yourselves, how believable is that interview??
Wen did anyone here hear of CNN correspondents on ground in Borno or elsewhere.
Where was the interview conducted??
Did the soldier drop names, ranks etc to show he is actually a serving soldier
How was a serving soldier even able to leave his rank n file to do why was done??
Granted, there are issues with Nigerian soldiers n d way the war is being conducted but that report is just derogatory n simply meant to embarrass.
outdated guns, paying their own medical bills Haba!
Lies mixed in with a lil truth... Typical.
Let's leave all this b.s GMB n GEJ nonsense n call a spade a spade.
politicians will always be politicians, they don't care about the common man.
Good thing tho, at least the military will sit up knowing the world's attention is on them.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by adelegan1: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2015
KwoiZabo:
I watched that interview by Nick Robertson supposedly in jos and I was angry. How can that soldier say they buy their kit and other rubbish like burnt soldiers etc? Where does he get it from? Is military uniform plain blue civil defence uses? Or is military belt and boots sold at balogun, kasuwan magani or ochanja market? That reporting was so so wrong, biased and derogatory to us as a nation. I just hate CNN now. No wonder Egypt has refused to release Aljazeera reporters and that soldier needs to be fished out and punished.

You must be living in pluto all military organization buy their kit in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by joseph1832(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Lakeshizu:
Well said, but have you forgtten Immediately you arrive whereever you are going for forein mission, they give you weapons to fight and your paid in Dollars.
How can I forget! That's why I said our Army has been politicized!.
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Teagirl(f): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2015
PassingShot:

How dare you compare Iraq which has being experience one type of problem or the other since the overthrow of Sadam Hussein with Nigeria!

Iraq has never been stable politically and you're comparing them with us.

Please use your brain mister.
am sure you are Apc, you guys insult at any slighest provocation..is the guy using your brain, Buhari should win and build more prison for the likes of you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 16, 2015
MansaMoussa:

Force Residents of Isolated Villages and Hamlets in the Outskirts of Town into more Populated Areas run by Govt were Temporary Shelters are provided, everyone is registered and documented, makeshift schools available for children and a Communal Farm for Adults to plough! Then Fortify such Places, making it virtually Impossible for BH to attack! Essentially creating a Refugee Camp for your citizens and adopting a Scorch Earth policy for your Enemies

If we cannot defeat BH, we should at least be able to manage the Battle space!!!

Everyday, We see New Reasons to believe some people don't want the Insurgency to End!!!

Controversial...(similar methods were tried by the British in Kenya during the Mau Mau uprising in the 1950's....and by the Rhodesian govt in the 1970's as well as the Sri lankans during the Tamil uprising)...but brutally effective.

Problem is...you create a serious artificial refugee problem....and you may even make it easier for Boko to recruit (what better way to get new members than from angry, disaffected youths who are bitter about being thrown out from their villages for a problem they did not create). And there ia the human rights aspect.To say nothing of the health care issues....especially the psychological aspects.

BTW...Israel does have some experience in urban based terror...including the Suicide Bomb aspect. (They also walled off the Palestinian territories...which I don't really approve of,but desperate times......which reduced the number of suicide bombings.)
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by FairDude(m): 7:22am On Jan 16, 2015
I want to join the US Army. They operate with satelite. Satelite helps them to attack an ambush. Soldiers wear wrist watches that shows direction to North East West or South when lost. They use earphones and mouthpiece to communicate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 16, 2015
iterator24:

ISIS also had a significant part of the Iraqi army defect to their ranks.
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by fathomberry: 7:24am On Jan 16, 2015
kaecy5:
i have watch CNN all my adult life, i have never seen CNN interview an AMERICAN SOLDIER during IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN wars

only authorized military personnel are allowed to speak to the press. any soldier speaking to the press is on his own

but in Nigeria when we do something wrong we dont take responsibility it is the fault of the president

we should be mindful the way we advertise our country, when they would show up under the guise of help and destroy our country like they have done in a lot of places our children would continue the fight for many years

Somalia have not recovered till date.

this is not POLITICS this is our LIFE.

May your uncommon sense never cease to be uncommon.
This is a post that doesn't contain PDP or APC, Buhari or Goodluck, this is what we call the simple truth in my village.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by firetrap(m): 7:26am On Jan 16, 2015
So many Nigerians are gullible and will believe anything the see on CNN. CNN is the propaganda tool of the USA have and their campaign of calumny against Nigeria has been going on for a long time.

many of you do not know that with the help of disgruntled elements like atiku and tinubu, the USA is looking for a means to exert their influence on Nigeria and if care is nor taken, it'll happen this year. Nigeria is the ideal country for their so called African command and if they build it in the northern parr of the counre, they would have access to all the uranium they would possibly need.

their plot to destabilise Nigeria is in full gear and the election of next month will be the tipping point. when PDP wins this same CNN will conduct interviews with purported "inec" staff who would claim that the election was rigged in favor Jonathan administration. with their puppet Saudi Arabia, they've already stated wrecking havoc on our economy.

Nigerians be careful do not allow yourselves to be used. Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya are good examples of how America has "liberated" a country and since then nothing good has come out of those countries. NIGERIANS BE WARNED

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by texazzpete(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2015
vanunu:

Buhari is going to pay 5,000 naira to 25million unemployed nigerians.

That's easy. Just take it out of the money they are currently paying tompolo and his fellow amnesty collecting ex-militants right now to do nothing :p
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by duni04(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2015
Terrorists attack a surburb in France and kill 17- French authorities analyse the attack, track the killers and execute them within days. Media worldwide sympathises with France. Peace walk is organised to show solidarity. Victims are given state funerals. France vows "Never again!"

Terrorists attack an entire town in Nigeria and kill 2000 - Nobody hears till days later. Government and media argue back and forth over casualty figures. Government condemns foreign media reportage of attacks. Nigerians forms conspiracy theories about foreign media reportage of attacks. President pretends like nothing happened and continues his re election campaign, even has time to marry off his niece. Amnesty international is so irked about the governments denial, they release satellite images to prove the attack did take place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by HugeMac: 7:27am On Jan 16, 2015
[quote author=thunder74 post=29834402]I have carefully read all the comments above and it is sad to see what some people post here. This is not about GEJ vs GMB but National security and Nigeria.

We all know that America do not like Nigeria and are ready to bring her down bc of Nigeria influence in Africa. Remember how we were treated during the Ebola crisis on the nonsense symap, Obama's visit to Ghana, refusal to sell weapons to us, their inability to do anything meaningful since they came to Nigeria to help on Chibok girls etc.

Though, there may be some truth in the broadcast but it has been doctored, edited and sensationalised. Like somebody sensibly said, army uniform are not sold in the market and you will be arrested for trading on it. It is not allowed by law.

For some us that have been following this terrorism war, you will recall that, NA has changed military uniform severally when it was discovered that Boko Haram were using army uniform. These they do to identify themselves and for the few pictures released, you will also notice the design and colour are not always the same and are different from NA uniform we are used to. (the type one of the killed terrorist wore in yesterday pictures posted by NA).

I served in the North and as the then state president of a group, I toured all the local governments of the state. The war can't be won like that, imagine you drive for about 8 hours within a local government or in a state. The settlements are not together as they scattered across the states. It is not easy having soldiers in all this settlements.

More worrisome is the attitude of the brainwashed indegenes who see Boko Haram as fighting for them and Islam. Moreso, there is no identify location or camp called Boko Haram settlement or camp. This is not a regular war.[/quote PREACCH , TELL THEM , VERY FOOLISH PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY , EVERYTHING IS POLITICS TO THEM

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2015
FairDude:
I want to join the US Army. They operate with satelite. Satelite helps them to attack an ambush. Soldiers wear wrist watches that shows direction to North East West or South when lost. They use earphones and mouthpiece to communicate.

The US Army is technologically advanced because the US invests heavily in technology and innovation....and their Armed forces are no exception.

As an example...Neil Armstrong...the man who walked on the moon....was a Navy officer...and for much of the 1950's and early 1960's before being recruited to join the astronaut corps...was a research aeronautics engineer...who assisted in the design and testing of high altitude aircraft as part of the research effort to develop space vehicles.

Also....many of the things we use today were invented by US army scientists....eg..the Jeep and the Hummer.(Jerrycans were invented by German millitary scientists in WW2).

Nigeria,on the other hand, refuses to invest in innovation, and technological development. We would rather chop oil money. That is why our army is so poorly equipped...because we do not have the industrial setup to equip them....because we would rather chop money at all costs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by PassingShot(m): 7:30am On Jan 16, 2015
Teagirl:
am sure you are Apc, you guys insult at any slighest provocation..is the guy using your brain, Buhari should win and build more prison for the likes of you

Where is the insult? I only advise him to use his God-given brain.

Fyi, I am not a card carrying member of any party. I am just a concerned and patriotic Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Reference(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Nimen:
This is high treason sad the said soldiers should be identified and charged for treason, no matter what happens soldiers shouldn't come out to international news agencies and say anything without the approval of their leaders. This is why this country is the way it is. Strong head people everywhere doing things the way it seems right to their interests not according to protocols

When people are stronger than the institutions meant to serve and protect them this is the result. In Nigeria everything is personalised and we wonder why nothing works to unified interests but that of individuals. As the top shots steal funds meant for kits for personal gains the ratings sell the little that gets to them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by castrokins(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Boss13:

LIAR. Probably the CNN you are watching is the one with broadcast station in Bayelsa. The CNN correspondents even escorts soldiers to war.

In Your World, Escorting Means Interviewing? When And Where Did You See Unauthorised Personnels Grant Interviews? Those Claiming They Treat Themselves, Who Were The People In Hospital Bed When GEJ Visited The 7th Brigade Hospital In Maiduguri Yesterday? Na Their Salary Dem Use Pay The Hospital Bills?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by gratiaeo(m): 7:33am On Jan 16, 2015
We have cowards in army instead of men. Why the sudden change? Why did we not hear the same when Ihejirika was COAS? Why the sudden change?
GEJ must be regretting removing that man. He need to change all his defense apparatuses, i mean all of them.
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by castrokins(m): 7:34am On Jan 16, 2015
uboma:

Its because of soldiers like them that we are getting the truth, isn't it? I guess you will prefer to live on in your ignorance. The Nigeria Military should wake up to their responsibilities. There is power in the media

Now That You Know The Truth About The NA, What Will It Change? Una Can Politicise Everything In This Country
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 16, 2015
CVWizards:
But why is the military feigning ignorance on this? Beside initial issue at the basic training, when last did they issue uniforms and kits to soldiers? Theives they all are.

You are a bastar.d. What and what do you know about Nigerian military kits and uniforms? And training? Worthless animal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by duni04(m): 7:36am On Jan 16, 2015
MansaMoussa:

There is widespread Genocide because the FG has no clear focus on what to do with the insurgency(and that's as a result of denial)
We've shouted ourselves hoarse in other Forums on how best to handle this Menace! Why don't we have Pakistanis, Algerians, Egyptians, Sri Lankans etc who have had experience in CT-COIN operations in Terrains that are similar to ours as advisers instead of Israelis?

I have been to Maiduguri before and like most Northern Towns, it is characterized by sparsely populated small isolated villages miles away from each other!
For an Insurgency that defines victory by the Number of Civilians it kills, why expose more civilians to them?
If the NA kills a Million BH guyz, it will hardly make news, but if BH kills 100People in one Village, the whole world knows! So the No.1 thing I expected the Govt to do was to Starve BH of cheap targets during the Campaign!
Egypt, Algeria, Sri Lanka, etc all did this!!!

Force Residents of Isolated Villages and Hamlets in the Outskirts of Town into more Populated Areas run by Govt were Temporary Shelters are provided, everyone is registered and documented, makeshift schools available for children and a Communal Farm for Adults to plough! Then Fortify such Places, making it virtually Impossible for BH to attack! Essentially creating a Refugee Camp for your citizens and adopting a Scorch Earth policy for your Enemies
Then Air Patrol can spot out BH convoys easily and call for Mop Up!!!

But No!!! We allowed this People to flee by themselves to Maiduguri, Adamawa, Cameroun, Chad etc Sleeping in the Cold, Begging, Bitter! Haba!!!!!

If we cannot defeat BH, we should at least be able to manage the Battle space!!!

Everyday, We see New Reasons to believe some people don't want the Insurgency to End!!!
Pulling out your citizens from your territory is the same as conceding defeat. Who monitors these towns after they are evacuated? Wouldn't it be easier for Boko Haram to move in and assume control over the evacuated towns?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by bobchigar(m): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2015
Even though we need CHANGE, CNN should stop complicating to Nigeria problems by spreading wrong information about Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by kenx1(m): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2015
Abeg the corruption in the military is toooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 16, 2015
Descartes:
hmmm...you are lucky them

Expand, if you can and wish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Launches Library & Orphans' Home In Kaduna - PICS / 2019: Sagay Speaks On Osinbajo Coming Back As Buhari’s Running Mate / "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.