Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,164 members, 7,950,012 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. (1454 Views)

Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft / Apart From English, Which Language Is More Useful Globally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
I have come to realize that English languages is easy to speak than to read or wost; write them. There was a lady in my class who is fluent in speaking the language with great dexterity. Her intonation, accent and diction are excellent that the lecturer trips for her. But when given an essay to write................hmmm come see grammartical error, wrong spellings etc, this shocking. HOW CAN ONE KNOW HOW TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE VERY WELL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO WRITE IT?
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Truth24(m): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
No its even harder to speak!
#Ask buhari
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Truth24:
No its even harder to speak!
#Ask buhari

habaaa...........
Why Buhari
what of OBJ?
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by zoeee(f): 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
most people find English language hard to speak/read/write because it's their second language or third language, and should be learnt thoroughly for one to become perfect.....

its not about having an accent (British, American)..... its about knowing the correct grammar and usage...

people have good accent and intonation and yet write or use the worst English grammar ever lipsrsealed
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
zoeee:
most people find English language hard to speak/read/write because it's their second language or third language, and should be learnt thoroughly for one to become perfect.....

its not about having an accent (British, American)..... its about knowing the correct grammar and usage...

people have good accent and intonation and yet write or use the worst English grammar ever lipsrsealed

tongue Is my glammer collect?
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by zoeee(f): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
Scrypt:

tongue Is my glammer collect?

lol.... apparently tongue
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Shugaryme(f): 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
Op, before laughing at someone else look at your topic.

1 Like

Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oahray: 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
EhiJeremiah:
I have come to realize that English languages is easy to speak than to read or wost; write them. There was a lady in my class who is fluent in speaking the language with great dexterity. Her intonation, accent and diction are excellent that the lecturer trips for her. But when given an essay to write................hmmm come see grammartical error, wrong spellings etc, this shocking. HOW CAN ONE KNOW HOW TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE VERY WELL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO WRITE IT?
well, you are right lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Oahray:
well, you are right lipsrsealed
it is easier to make mistake writting it than speaking it.
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
zoeee:
most people find English language hard to speak/read/write because it's their second language or third language,
X
i think don't think so. Take Nigeria as an example, most people who are fluent in their first language (mother's tongue can neither read nor write that language. My teacher used to say that an average English man can't read/write English.
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by zoeee(f): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
EhiJeremiah:
i think don't think so. Take Nigeria as an example, most people who are fluent in their first language (mother's tongue can neither read nor write that language. My teacher used to say that an average English man can't read/write English.
i beg to disagree.... most Nigerians who are fluent in their 1st language can read and write that language ( especially if that language has an orthography).... an average English man cannot read and write probably because he is not Education.... reading and writing goes with education
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
zoeee:

i beg to disagree.... most Nigerians who are fluent in their 1st language can read and write that language ( especially if that language has an orthography).... an average English man cannot read and write probably because he is not Education.... reading and writing goes with education
ok
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oahray: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
zoeee:

i beg to disagree.... most Nigerians who are fluent in their 1st language can read and write that language ( especially if that language has an orthography).... an average English man cannot read and write probably because he is not Education... reading and writing goes with education
auntie, take it easy o smiley
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oluwadare: 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
I would say i prefer writing to speaking, reason being in writing I often have one to two seconds to changed my syntaxes to my satisfaction.
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oahray:

that is one of the reason I said it more difficult to write than to speak[b]
Oahray:

that is one of the reason I said it more difficult to write than to speak[/b]
Oahray:

that is one of the reason I said it more difficult to write than to speak
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oahray:
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oluwadare:
I would say i prefer writing to speaking, reason being in writing I often have one to two seconds to changed my syntaxes to my satisfaction.

that means you have to use pencil if you want to make a mess.
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oluwadare: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
pencil', funny you. I just make sure I pre-thought it before I penned it that is all.
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oluwadare:
pencil', funny you. I just make sure I pre-thought it before I penned it that is all.

if you can pre-think before penning it down, you can also pre-think before saying it. So it shouldn't be heard for you in speaking except if you can't stand stage fright( it shuts down your thinking faculty).

1 Like

Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oahray: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
EhiJeremiah:

if you can pre-think before penning it down, you can also pre-think before saying it. So it shouldn't be heard for you in speaking except if you can't stand stage fright( it shuts down your thinking faculty).
I think he has a point. We usually have more 'thought time' when writing than we have when speaking. Add that to the possibility of stage fright you mentioned.
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oluwadare: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
EhiJeremiah:

Actually you are right to some extent in regard to stage phobia. I agreed with you
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by zoeee(f): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oahray:

whoever... he/ she tongue smiley
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oahray: 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
zoeee:

whoever... he/ she tongue smiley
zoeee is a she. smiley

Em... was it a question?
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by zoeee(f): 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oahray:
zoeee is a she. smiley

Em... was it a question?

do you really want me to start explaining that smiley
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Oahray: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
zoeee:

do you really want me to start explaining that smiley
yes please. Not everyone is smart enough to unravel ciphers smiley
Re: English Language Is More Difficult Write Than To Speak. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
we make more mistake when typing than when writing despite many features like spell check etc in advanced systems software. why ?

(1) (Reply)

Uniport School Of Basic Studies Programme Clinic(a Thread For Basic Aspirants) / Permission To Use Nairaland For Research / Free 2016 Wassce Mathematics Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.