Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,502 members, 7,940,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) (32068 Views)

Buhari Defeated The Maitatsine Islamic Sect - New York Times 1984 Article / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by twerkjack: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
4bobo:
U na no dey tire? i beg make february come and go jare. I am tired of this heat up polity. At least by then, some people online contracts would have been expired.
AS IN EH grin
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by ebube93: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Buhari the first with no credentials.....
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by masseratti: 9:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
Shattap that your dirty gutter you called mouth.
Did I say they were executed secretly ? undecided

How would you know that soldiers are being court marshalled if it wasn't in the news ? Would you be going to govt house everyday to confirm what is happening ?

There was zero outlet of information to the general population and even if you have one, you are better of keeping it to yourself ,you can't confirm anything as people are usually too afraid to speak up lest they should be reported by plain cloth police men that lives amongst them without their knowledge - It was that bad.

Ask your parents let them narrate their ordeal during Buhari's iron fist misrule.The man was insane and power drunk.
the only way to know when a mouth is smelling is when it's open,i guess you should know which mouth should be shot.
Back to topic,i was not a baby when Buhari was ruling,i was well aware of situation around me,It wasn't different from what the press faced during Abacha regime,if everyone was afraid to talk what about the Families of the supposed coup plotter?are they still afraid after GMB left government?
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by godwinkessi: 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
NairalandOP:
And the punishment for a successful coup plot? A pat on the back? grin

SMH for your double standards.

You're very intelligent man!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by kennyeast(m): 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
[size=18pt]YOU MEAN A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED THIEVES?[/size]

waternogeteneny:
[size=18pt]Buhari hands are not clean.

He did even worst by overthrowing a democratically elected Gov in a coup.[/size]
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Senjuchiha: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
When i was a child,i was told in my nur sch dt children r d leaders of 2moa by dt old man...buhari.....hw cm @ 7smtn yrs he stil wana rule us again even wit hia vice n all d youth hia dy say na change,c,change is constant,yes but nt going bk 2 our vomit,dts madness ...abi him bn 4gt anytng dr,change na wn a vibrant young bobo show say mk we vote am wit reason wey im gv on y we supose put am 4 office no b 2 cari gr8grandpapas wey dia mate all dey mortuary n dm dmselve na quata 2 grave 1n cm rule us n una agree...n if he rules hw cn we b d leaders of 2mao,cuz 2mao an 80 yr man wld cm n say he wnts 2 rule us......shame on all d youths in nl suportn 2 old n expired men.....tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by damola57: 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yea, law is law. They were executed for plotting coup. How about soldiers to be executed for desertion who complained of not having weapons to fight book haRam.
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by neocortex: 3:24am On Jan 21, 2015
After killing 42 innocent Nigerian soldiers , he attempted to cover up their deaths by threatening Nigerian journalists, but he couldn't threaten New York Times.

Say no to a cold-blooded murderer

GEJ:PROGRESS
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Motolank: 4:10am On Jan 21, 2015
Juat wait...you think if he wins now he ll stop executing?
Hell no..he is going to execute gej for stealing is not corruption that he said... cool
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:34am On Jan 21, 2015
masseratti:
please stop saying rubbish,how gagged can the press be?the soldiers has families no matter how it was people would have come out to confirm it,the purpose of shooting coup plotters and announcing it is to deter anyone else, so if your story was true why would they execute secretly.

I need 10 names of the allegedly 40 executed soldiers. I believe we can track down the families and confirm if any of their family members in the army have been missing since the period in question.

P.S: Watch PDP suddenly release an interview/story with the "family" of one of the "Executed" soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by Albishir: 4:36am On Jan 21, 2015
The worst is yet to come of Buhari. History shall have him as d longest, serial presidential election loser in d world. It will be very unfortunate to those of u who waste ur time n energy for someone who's matter has been summarized by nature like Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by melomelo: 8:45am On Jan 21, 2015
If your family members is/are among the 40 executed soldiers. Please, give their names here. Nigerian want to know fact of this topics. Remember, No sinner will go unpunished. History will tell. Do me I do you.
Say no to a cold-blooded murderers. Say no to leadership of killings. Leadership of execution.
waiting...

GEJ:PROGRESS
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by sweetgala(m): 11:22am On Jan 21, 2015
obayaya:

The soldiers erred.. the cause of their actions notwithstanding!!!

Everyone always have a cause for their actions.. A cause they believe is right and just!!!

These coup plotters GMB murdered in 84 probably had an admirable and good cause for their actions.

But it didn't count then.. Why will the cause of the mutineers count today?

It's still the same Nigerian Army and their laws haven't changed that much.

I would not say the weight of action has changed but the atmosphere then and now are different while the coup plotters were motivated by political gain the mutineers only erred due to anger and distrust.

Then it was a military regime the price of failure was most definitely going to be great such was the risk attached to the potential gain.

The mutineers only gain was audience with their CO to provide better equipment to serve the nation right, the price for the desire to serve in a better capacity is much too much.

Either ways killing another man can never be justified irrespective of the crime. Forgiveness and mercy provided by God should be represented in our daily being. I do know the general has learnt and is a better man for it.
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by simdam500(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
4bobo: U na no dey tire? i beg make february come and go jare. I am tired of this heat up polity. At least by then, some people online contracts would have been expired.

by then...... we will know the real NLanders from the campaigner
Re: Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) by simdam500(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
if it true....

he took the wrong step by killing them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN / Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen In Makurdi, Benue (Photos) / Some Places With Stable Electricity In Nigeria - AfricaFactsZone

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.