Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,296 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:09 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2439343 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (1139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pamda1234: 11:27am On Jan 31
dealhunter:
yes it's still showing in progress,you cannot know Thier decision through tracker,but,they will send you message through tracker that you have a new message on ur IRCC portal...

Sorry bout the refusal. What was the stated reason/s of refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 11:39am On Jan 31
The IRCC just updated my application,I was refused!.....no more waking up in d middle of d night to check update,time to focus on other things.....

Sorry to hear this,please what's the reason for the refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 11:47am On Jan 31
To all expectant (PPR) applicants, while you wait, be hopeful and at the same time check and re-check your supporting documents to see if there's any that you can upload via webform to improve your chances before decision is finally taken. Having a previous traveling history could be a + but not having it isn't terribly bad as long as your documents are well packaged WITH PRAYERS. So don't be discouraged

For instance, if you are married and you aren't going with your spouse, your spouse can write a consented letter that he/she is aware of your (SHORT) visit to Canada and assures your return. If you are single, you can get a letter of leave approval from your company strictly addressed to the VO of the Canadian embassy stating the period of your leave and they are aware of your SHORT visit to Canada while on leave at this period. Don't just submit your payslip, ID and bank statements. Let the VO knows your company is aware you are going to Canada for a SHORT STAY. If you are self employed, explain to the VO how your business will be running while you are away for a SHORT WHILE. Anything that would make the VO see your return, INDIACATE IT

Check your travel itinerary and ensure it is detailed enough. You may ignore your flight booking because they will cancel after 24 hours, if you don't pay. But let your hotel booking be inclusive. Some hotels accept payment on arrival. They will just need your credit card details to see if it is genuine and charge less than a dollar to give you your confirmed booking details. Include your booking number( and indicate for confirmation purpose in it in your intinary details) in case the VO might want to confirm the authenticity. Let the VO see how you will spend your days in Canada. Include your shopping days to get things for your spouse, children, parents and siblings in Nigeria. Book hotel accommodation (but don't pay yet) and let the dates correspond to your purpose day of traveling. The date you indicated to land in Canada must be the day you must check in. The day you intended leaving must be the day you you have to check out. And above all, pray.

Please, I am not a travel guru or expert. This is just my personal opinion oooooooo so let no one attack me because I bear on my body the mark of Jesus Christ grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deering1008: 12:31pm On Jan 31
Just comot mind. Me I don comot mind like this. If it comes fine, if it doesn’t, other countries dey that you can visit. For over 6 months I have seen no update on my application from the UK. I have gotten two visa approvals for other countries after my TRV application to CA. It’s crappy delaying people’s planned trip for so long. Canada is not heaven.
zeepaidinfull:
Hello everyone.. this place is so quiet and it getting scary each day.. hope ircc hasn't forgotten about we VV applicant. Cos ntn like approval, refusal or request for more information recently.. wetin dey happen gan gan

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 12:32pm On Jan 31
Levels1:

My dear brother thanks for checking up on me, have been up and doing lately...

Selling properties certainly not applicable to me, as to God be the glory, I'm never in such category.

Note

I can't fail as long as Jesus Christ never failed, okay.

But if your expectations is as such, pls Mark today's date down " You will always fail in all ramifications of your doing in life.

Enjoy your day brother

Hello, I am a traditionalist and realistic to the core. Your God is not my God. If your God does not fail, then you can stay here and honestly make it in your business and life without applying for a visa with fabricated documents for a visit and then arriving in another man's land, lying that you are gay or lesbian to deceive your God. But many forget that God is holy and pure and never supports dishonesty and fraudulent acts. So, if you want your God to hear you and not the drama we see all over the place called miracles,grace,faith ask yourself, am I upright in my ways? And that's part of the reason we are all in this mess in our country. We practice religion based on false sentiment rather than the rule and way of the God we presume to worship. To many liking your message, I am not IRCC and not the cause of this delay or the current high rejection rate. Also, blame your over 2000 brothers and sisters now in Canada on a visitor visa but making fake claims of asylum to cheat the system and also praying to God to bless the liars. What a Godly people. I laugh."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Glitz01: 1:14pm On Jan 31
Doublej805:
Please has anyone here gotten ppr for September and October, just asking... please if u have please post to encourage others that are waiting.. thanks.

I am a long time observer but made this account to encourage others.
Application submitted September 6th
Biometric September 15th
PPR January 31st.
I have been to several countries but the wait for Canada is excruciating.
Be patient and success to all those waiting 🙏🙏

16 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cessa10: 2:08pm On Jan 31
[quote author=Joeblackdedon post=128148386][/quote] thanks for the encouragement
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 2:40pm On Jan 31
orjohn24:

Hello, I am a traditionalist and realistic to the core. Your God is not my God. If your God does not fail, then you can stay here and honestly make it in your business and life without applying for a visa with fabricated documents for a visit and then arriving in another man's land, lying that you are gay or lesbian to deceive your God. But many forget that God is holy and pure and never supports dishonesty and fraudulent acts. So, if you want your God to hear you and not the drama we see all over the place called miracles,grace,faith ask yourself, am I upright in my ways? And that's part of the reason we are all in this mess in our country. We practice religion based on false sentiment rather than the rule and way of the God we presume to worship. To many liking your message, I am not IRCC and not the cause of this delay or the current high rejection rate. Also, blame your over 2000 brothers and sisters now in Canada on a visitor visa but making fake claims of asylum to cheat the system and also praying to God to bless the liars. What a Godly people. I laugh."
I think you make sense. John 4:24 says...God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. Nobody has seen God but for those who believe in Him(regardless of faith or religion)we know He truly exists cos of the way He deals with us. So, it's expected that we live by His rules.

The majority of TRV applicants want to do all they can, just to japa. Though there's nothing bad in japaing but japa ligitimately,responsibly and convincingly.
Let me explain the 3 adverbs in turn.

Legitimately: By being honest or sncere with your mission, that you'd return after your mission as claimed and would not seek assylum and make the system overstretched by causing the IRCC to bite more than they can chew by building more shelters adjusting their budget.

2- Responsibly in the sense that, how trustworthy and sensible are you, relative to your missions in canada as claimed in your application? VOs studied psychology in their line of training, just as the police who detect criminals without using juju do. It's part of their training. A lot of applicants engaged agents who only presented doctored documents. Some go still jęlo, while some would not be so lucky and be handed a heavy ban. Some may do it themselves but still present questionable documents. God can't be happy with all these acts. Our God is truthful and Holy. IRCC know those who got visa, those who entered and those who refused to come back after their mission. They have all the stats. I remember a day in 2005 on arriving at JFK. I met a CBP who was nice to me after seeing a naija passport. He said he had some naija friends who are enterprising. I gave him my contact and we became best of friends. He had small bumps at the back of his head which he said he had spent a lot treating but had refused to leave. He was considering surgery but I told him I'd send him a herbal cream from Nigeria to try. That was the end of the bumps in his head. That portion sef don grow hair since.

One day I asked him, how do you know those who have left America without passing through immigration, unlike what the EU countries do? He said they know through the airlines when they entered and left and those who didn't leave on expiry of their programme. So, I got to know this through him. I experienced it too when I visited UK. No immigration would stamp your passport when departing but they know when you enter and when you leave

3- Convincingly: Many people aren't meant to live abroad. All their fortunes are here but because they don't ask their maker the reason they're created in Nigeria and not in Canada or elsewhere, they miss it and for life. I once prayed to God about this when things took a bad turn as if there was no way for me in my business that once thrived. God spoke through His servant that, if I dare relocate, I'd lose both ways. That I can be going to bring back opportunities and not to stay put. I heeded God's warnings and today, to God be the glory. I had met with the US president myself at the DAR Hall near White House on invitation, courtesy my profession and God, ultimately.

I have shared the story of a cousin here on NL in the past. He was in America and was always thinking of leaving. He came back home only to end up a power problem solver. He's a multi billionaire today. He gives his friends he left behind in the USA dollars on each visit...those who once said the village people must be after his life, for saying he was going back to Nigeria back then. Its a long story but I just wanted to buttress the conviction with his story.

Canada is not heaven. I could have chosen to remain there on my first visit but for God's instruction. If God gives me permission to own a private jet tomorrow, I'd surely get one. That's the only thing I don't have. Consider the 3 adverbs and you'd be glad you did.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 3:02pm On Jan 31
Am signing out of this platform,i will be on nairaland but will never participate in this section again.too many uncultured,lack of home training children here

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 3:18pm On Jan 31
Hello, I'm a silent reader, and I've gained so much here while preparing my application. However, I was refused today. All my documents were in order, but I believe my lack of travel experience may have been the main contributing factor because l have no family in Canada and l do not understand why refuse based on family tie in Canada. My application was submitted on September 5, and I received the refusal letter today.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
Get help to understand this letter and what you can do next. www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal- visa-application
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of resident

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

i wish everybody good luck as they wait their application decision and l hope Nigeria will be ok one day and people will avoid all this japa stress .Maybe l will reapply ahead of world cup in Canada hopefully after successful application for uk tourist visa but for now l face life and hope for the best

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 3:32pm On Jan 31
dafeoroyo:
Am signing out of this platform,i will be on nairaland but will never participate in this section again.too many uncultured,lack of home training children here
If you dwell on that bro, you'd never be on social media ever again becasue not everyone is as reasonable as you may think. Most of us who come here to liberate some new applicants don't get paid. I don't even know anyone in person. I just feel concerned the way some part applicants with their hard-earned money by not getting enough information needed. beforehand

My advice, just choose whom you respond to on social media. Some responses aren't worth a golden response. Don't stop giving useful tips if you have one. You may be helping a lot of unsuspecting and naive applicants, I don't want to use the word "ignorant" here.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 3:36pm On Jan 31
uchennay:
Hello, I'm a silent reader, and I've gained so much here while preparing my application. However, I was refused today. All my documents were in order, but I believe my lack of travel experience may have been the main contributing factor because l have no family in Canada and l do not understand why refuse based on family tie in Canada. My application was submitted on September 5, and I received the refusal letter today.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
Get help to understand this letter and what you can do next. www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal- visa-application

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of resident

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

i wish everybody good luck as they wait their application decision and l hope Nigeria will be ok one day and people will avoid all this japa stress .Maybe l will reapply ahead of world cup in Canada hopefully after successful application for uk tourist visa but for now l face life and hope for the best
The Bible says many are called but few are chosen,all I know is that you have tried by applying but God knows why. No hope is lost
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:39pm On Jan 31
I forced myself to sign in to answer someone who needs guidance on ticket booking that now made me a bit active on this thread after one ugly encounter on this thread with one Mobility or Mobile whatever username. Sadly, the admin on this page took to his side.

Imagine him coming here to start raining curses on Nigerians as regards to illegal immigration and I told him cursing isn't not the best approach. It's the same tongue you will use to pray to God. I let people see the consequences of an action if they embark on it at the same time, respecting your choice. I told him we don't need those that were raised up with curses on this platform. If you don't know how to control your aggression, or you have any family problem, don't throw the anger tantrum here. I am against illegal immigrants myself but who are we to start cursing them. I told him you may not be an illegal immigrant like them but you are also a sinner at one point. It is wrong coming to a public forum with curses on people you don't know or see.

That was how the admin was deleting my own comments but was leaving his own curses for himself and not me. I wasn't even supporting illegal immigrants but his approach was terrible, and letting him see was my offense. The admin was bias so I had to leave.

dafeoroyo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aderemi166: 4:09pm On Jan 31
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline.

Glitz01:

I am a long time observer but made this account to encourage others.
Application submitted September 6th
Biometric September 15th
PPR January 31st.
I have been to several countries but the wait for Canada is excruciating.
Be patient and success to all those waiting 🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1dorzine(m): 4:13pm On Jan 31
Been a silent reader and follower of the thread
Applied for my Mother in law, nd it was approved in 2 weeks.

I sent an invitation letter, attached paystub and marriage certificate, my workpermit and she had POF for 3m, she's retired.

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 4:25pm On Jan 31
uchennay:

Could it be you were rejected because you have family members or what. Visa officers wahala.
We move
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 9:04pm On Jan 31
Kennyg290:

The Bible says many are called but few are chosen,all I know is that you have tried by applying but God knows why. No hope is lost

Sorry, your Bible quote does not apply to me because I am called and chosen by God, and visa rejection is not a rejection by my God. Go and study your Bible and stop quoting out of context!"

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 10:12pm On Jan 31
Please has anyone raised a webform here after his or her application has passed processing time?i want to know if anyone got a positive response after doing that?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 5:11am On Feb 01
Good morning to all my Nairalanders, trust we all had a wonderful night rest.

I have been trying to search for cheap ticket to Canada for some days now and I eventually got one through KLM and Lufthansa. My question here is can I pay with my local debit card as the amount is quoted in dollars.

Please I need your help to enable me conclude the deal, then rest my mind and face other things.

I will be waiting for response from everyone that have had the experience.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadahome: 7:31am On Feb 01
1dorzine:
Been a silent reader and follower of the thread
Applied for my Mother in law, nd it was approved in 2 weeks.

I sent an invitation letter, attached paystub and marriage certificate, my workpermit and she had POF for 3m, she's retired.

Congratulations bro.

Does she have travel history like US or UK visa before?

I have been waiting for my mother in law app since October, no response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 7:50am On Feb 01
If it's on their official website: No
If you need pay in with a local debit card in ₦, use travelstart or Wakanow.

XYZJAZZY:

I have been trying to search for cheap ticket to Canada for some days now and I eventually got one through KLM and Lufthansa. My question here is can I pay with my local debit card as the amount is quoted in dollars.

Please I need your help to enable me conclude the deal, then rest my mind and face other things.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by femijay8271(m): 8:51am On Feb 01
House34:
Most people here are new applicants or agents trying to recruit clients with bogus stories. If you are an applicant, do not take any advice here as professional immigration advice. Do your own research because I live in Canada, and many people get banned and later have to look for a lawyer, which is not cheap or even just a wasted effort. People should stop attaching sentiment to immigration matters and follow the rules to avoid being banned, not relying on somebody else's friends and family storylines. I just corrected another man on another forum claiming a cleaner earns over 100k in Canada, which is 100% lies. This kind of misleading fake story makes people sell property thinking it's all rosy here in Canada. Let's be patient, do your own research, and know that some just share different fake imaginary stories here for different reasons. If you are an applicant, focus on other aspects of your life, not just online, because IRCC timelines differ. I see many planning to stay back on visitor visas, but that's another episode itself. Jobs are highly competitive in Canada due to over-immigration, so start learning the right skills that will be useful in a competitive market. Most young Nigerians arriving in Canada now lack the needed skills and struggle daily for jobs.

Hello Baba, please can I have ur whatsapp contact, I want to chat you up
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 9:27am On Feb 01
XYZJAZZY:

You can’t use your “Naira debit card” to make payments unless the card is a “Dollar debit or credit card.”.

You can take your debit card to their office in Lagos or Abuja to use it to finalize the payment for the ticket.

When you get to their office, they will tell you the naira equivalent, and they will help you make the payment with your "naira debit card" right there on the spot.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RyRyan(f): 5:04pm On Feb 01
Ashirioluwa:

You need to book an appointment to be able to submit your passport in person.

You can use the link below

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

Should I book an appointment for 'Passport Submission' or for 'Biometrics'
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 5:17pm On Feb 01
RyRyan:

Should I book an appointment for 'Passport Submission' or for 'Biometrics'

Are you booking for biometric or passport submission?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Educhopper(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01
Yes you can pay in Naira online or go their counter inside the airport or google their office addresses, walk in and make your payments. Cheers.
XYZJAZZY:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) ... (1139) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.