Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,274 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:39 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2439287 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (1139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:56pm On Feb 01
RyRyan:

Should I book an appointment for 'Passport Submission' or for 'Biometrics'

If you’re going for biometric or passport submission, you need to book appointment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Doublej805: 8:51pm On Feb 01
Thanks for your encouragement, I appreciate..

Glitz01:

I am a long time observer but made this account to encourage others.
Application submitted September 6th
Biometric September 15th
PPR January 31st.
I have been to several countries but the wait for Canada is excruciating.
Be patient and success to all those waiting 🙏🙏

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 9:21pm On Feb 01
Ashirioluwa:

You can’t use your “Naira debit card” to make payments unless the card is a “Dollar debit or credit card.”.

You can take your debit card to their office in Lagos or Abuja to use it to finalize the payment for the ticket.

When you get to their office, they will tell you the naira equivalent, and they will help you make the payment with your "naira debit card" right there on the spot.

Thanks, I went to KML office at the airport I was told I have to pay in dollars as cash deposit and I called Lufthansa this morning also, they told me i need to pay with dollar card......... Reservation in local currency 💵 is over 9M. That is what they both sent me today. I don't want buy dollar.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 9:39pm On Feb 01
Educhopper:
Yes Skyscanner is trusted. I also use Kayak sometimes too.
My advice would be for you to try to google and check price directly from the airline site. Make comparison before making final decision. Cheers!!!

@Educhopper, Please does Kayat received local debit card (naira card)? I want to use the site to pay for my ticket as I was able to get cheap ticket there too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:20pm On Feb 01
XYZJAZZY:

Thanks, I went to KML office at the airport I was told I have to pay in dollars as cash deposit and I called Lufthansa this morning also, they told me i need to pay with dollar card......... Reservation in local currency 💵 is over 9M. That is what they both sent me today. I don't want buy dollar.

Use wakanow.com, you will be able to pay in naira.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RyRyan(f): 8:50am On Feb 02
Ashirioluwa:

If you’re going for biometric or passport submission, you need to book appointment.

I am going for in-person submission of my visa application. Which one should I pick 'Passport submission' or 'Biometrics'
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RyRyan(f): 8:51am On Feb 02
mojisolani:

Are you booking for biometric or passport submission?

None. I am going for in-person submission of my visa application. Which one should I pick 'Passport submission' or 'Biometrics'
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stfadaanthony(m): 10:05am On Feb 02
Thanks to everyone here. Asking this question out of curiosity. If I am to book my flight as a visitor to Canada, is it a must to book my return ticket too? Or simply tell the boarder officer you will be booking after the conference. Saying this to safe cost.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 10:09am On Feb 02
orjohn24:

Bro,I just hope you will not collapse or get high blood pressure if ircc refuse ur visa with this ur constant checking online ,it a sign of ur Desperation to japa pls better have a second plan for life and do some other activities not just online daily refreshing ircc page becos with ur zero travel experience visa no sure again like last year ooo

LoLs certainly you will come back empty hands... Watch out as your doom day is near

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 12:21pm On Feb 02
To book one way on a visit visa?? CERTAINLY NO! In fact, they won't let you board from Nigeria. If by chance you just managed to board by LUCK(which I doubt can happen) you won't be allowed entry into Canada but deportation straightaway (God forbid).

Ethiopian airways still bothers and may refused those with return ticket to board to their final destination to Canada from Adisababa layover because it's a VISIT VISA, how much worse a one way ticket grin If at all Ethiopian airline will let you board from Adisababa to Canada by chance on a visit visa with your complete return ticket, they will tell you to call your family members on a video call and let that fellow show them his or her PR card or international passport with your own WIFI. Imagine you don't have Wi-Fi on your phone grin They showed travelers to Canada on a visit visa shege pro max even with their return tickets.

Besides, how would you explain to the border officers at the POE on why you booked a oneway ticket after you were able to convince the VO of your financial stability? Don't try it, please 🙏

The further devaluation of Naira made the cost of air ticket to skyrocket this much. Keep checking all the time for price tickets day, night and midnight. I pray you see a favourable ticket fee.

Shalom

stfadaanthony:
Thanks to everyone here. Asking this question out of curiosity. If I am to book my flight as a visitor to Canada, is it a must to book my return ticket too? Or simply tell the boarder officer you will be booking after the conference. Saying this to safe cost.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:50pm On Feb 02
RyRyan:

I am going for in-person submission of my visa application. Which one should I pick 'Passport submission' or 'Biometrics'

All Visa applications are submitted online.

After you have submitted your application online, then schedule appointment for your biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 1:18pm On Feb 02
Good day guys my wife SOWP visa was refused so I want to apply visiting visa for her.

1. Does her biometric for SOWP visa cover her for the visiting visa or she has to do biometric again?

2. What specific documents do I need to submit from my side (as an international student).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 1:56pm On Feb 02
Teeeteee130:
Good day guys my wife SOWP visa was refused so I want to apply visiting visa for her.

1. Does her biometric for SOWP visa cover her for the visiting visa or she has to do biometric again?

2. What specific documents do I need to submit from my side (as an international student).

SOWP applications are rarely refused if your documents are well-packaged and your school qualifies for SOWP. If a college doesn't offer PGWP, it means the primary applicant cannot work, which in turn affects the spouse's eligibility for SOWP. However, since SOWP has been canceled, except you apply to study for a master's or PhD due to current law , this rule does not applies to you since you already a student in canada Your spouse still qualifies.
I would advise you to apply for a CBSA note to understand why the visa officer rejected your spouse application becos most sowp are rejected based on finance and l guess you need to work on finance . Once you know the reason, you can address it and reapply. Applying for a visitor visa and then considering flagpoling should be your last option! I wish you good luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 2:10pm On Feb 02
slimmsyyetty:
To book one way on a visit visa?? CERTAINLY NO! In fact, they won't let you board from Nigeria. If by chance you just managed to board by LUCK(which I doubt can happen) you won't be allowed entry into Canada but deportation straightaway (God forbid).

Ethiopian airways still bothers and may refused those with return ticket to board to their final destination to Canada from Adisababa layover because it's a VISIT VISA, how much worse a one way ticket grin If at all Ethiopian airline will let you board from Adisababa to Canada by chance on a visit visa with your complete return ticket, they will tell you to call your family members on a video call and let that fellow show them his or her PR card or international passport with your own WIFI. Imagine you don't have Wi-Fi on your phone grin They showed travelers to Canada on a visit visa shege pro max even with their return tickets.

Besides, how would you explain to the border officers at the POE on why you booked a oneway ticket after you were able to convince the VO of your financial stability? Don't try it, please 🙏

The further devaluation of Naira made the cost of air ticket to skyrocket this much. Keep checking all the time for price tickets day, night and midnight. I pray you see a favourable ticket fee.

Shalom

Go through Cotonou Aiport,my low Budget advise, i learnt Air tickets are more cheaper through Cotonu,

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RyRyan(f): 2:52pm On Feb 02
Ashirioluwa:

All Visa applications are submitted online.

After you have submitted your application online, then schedule appointment for your biometrics.

Okay. One more question - how did you submit all documents in one category. For example 'Travel History', there are several documents under this for me. Did you merge all together as one PDF? or did you do a zip folder? Anyone can respond to this please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 3:02pm On Feb 02
RyRyan:

Okay. One more question - how did you submit all documents in one category. For example 'Travel History', there are several documents under this for me. Did you merge all together as one PDF? or did you do a zip folder? Anyone can respond to this please

No zip folder allow but you merge as one pdf for each section like ur travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RyRyan(f): 3:31pm On Feb 02
orjohn24:

No zip folder allow but you merge as one pdf for each section like ur travel history

Thank you.

Guys, please help. I have to submit my application online but I am receiving an error message when I want to upload my IMM5257E form. 'The form could not be submitted because errors were found' WHAT DO I DO?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Opeyemi007: 3:35pm On Feb 02
A one way ticket is most times expensive than a round trip
stfadaanthony:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Doublej805: 3:35pm On Feb 02
Is cotonou safe? I heard they don't like Nigerians over there, please how true is this?
lakeside3020:

Go through Cotonou Aiport,my low Budget advise, i learnt Air tickets are more cheaper through Cotonu,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Doublej805: 3:39pm On Feb 02
I really want to try visit visa for Canada 🇨🇦, but I'm so scared, I want to apply with my wife... someone should advice me on what to do please...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stfadaanthony(m): 3:50pm On Feb 02
slimmsyyetty:

Shalom

Many thanks,I appreciate this response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02
RyRyan:

Thank you.

Guys, please help. I have to submit my application online but I am receiving an error message when I want to upload my IMM5257E form. 'The form could not be submitted because errors were found' WHAT DO I DO?

Like you are making things difficult for yourself and people here on the platform to help because some of your questions are not too clear,but anyway,after completing your application ,if you have 1 million document to submit, compressed everything together to 2mb for each placeholder on the application page and submit for each,is very simple, therr are some free app you can use to compress,just google compress document
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 5:44pm On Feb 02
Hello everyone,pls has anyone here that applied October 2023 got response from ircc,i noticed people that applied September has started getting response.thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (1139) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.