Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,360 members, 7,971,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:09 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2608058 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (1188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 6:41pm On Jul 31
Biamoz:

Thanks a lot thou it seems that am asking so much question. Please don't be offended because I will be asking till I got all info needed. Lol. In this new portal, there is no column to upload some vital documents like my travel history, marriage certificate, my landed properties, passport photograph. There is a place my employment letter is required. Should I upload my business documents since I am self employed business man

Passport photo is not required if you choose to use the new portal. You can upload your business documents under the Employer letter, and all other vital documents can be uploaded under additional documents.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria345: 7:53pm On Jul 31
Hello please I need help I got a refusal last month, June 2024
Please what can you advise please help a sister

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 8:50pm On Jul 31
Maria345:
Hello please I need help I got a refusal last month, June 2024
Please what can you advise please help a sister

1. Did you obtain the bank statement from the bank yourself or how did you get the bank statment?
2. What was the balance of your tuition fee after paying the deposit? Currently, the living expenses are:

Proof of Funds Practical Updated for 2024

Applicant Studying Outside Quebec:

• 1 year tuition fee OR full fees for the entire length of study

• 1 year living expenses: 20,635 CAD

• Miscellaneous expenses for a single applicant: between 3,000 to 6,000 CAD

This totals expexcted apart tuition fee approximately 25,000 CAD. Therefore, you need to add your remaining tuition fee balance to 25,000 CAD. This is the amount the visa officer needs to see in your account. What was the exchange rate when you applied, and how much was in the account?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Biamoz(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31
Ashirioluwa:

Passport photo is not required if you choose to use the new portal. You can upload your business documents under the Employer letter, and all other vital documents can be uploaded under additional documents.

Is it proper to combine my international passport page together with my travel history in a single page upload ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:17am On Aug 01
Biamoz:

Is it proper to combine my international passport page together with my travel history in a single page upload ??

Even though I believe that is not the proper way to do it, you are still free to do what you think is best for you.

The majority of people document their travel experiences in their cover letter, then upload copies of their previous visas under the additional documents section.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Larryjam: 12:50am On Aug 01
richieway:
Anyone who submitted in first week in April got a visa. I miss my wife and daughter , i need to see them fast🥲..i just want to visit 🥲🥲🥲 nothing more. Is 1year already , i got denied twice applying for Swop because she is doing diploma. Now i jus want to visit...who sabi any VO🥲🥲🥲
The question is did you pass the eligibility requirements . And to the best of my knowledge, no VO would approve a SOWP for a diploma student's spouse. They stopped it since March or may. Not sure .
1. Purpose of visit.
2. Cost Living expenses
3. Home ties
4. Info about your partner studying in Canada.
You don't need to know any VO. Just prepare your next application by fulfilling requirements I listed. But before anything, order your GCMS note for the denied application first. I wish you the best in your next application

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 2:10pm On Aug 01
Hi, please my husband just got his US visitors visa today. 5 years validity. Will that have an impact on his Canada visitors application he is about to apply for?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rach86: 2:46pm On Aug 01
I'm not really sure but I think yes. People have been mentioning on this plattorm that having US visit speaks many advantages for canada visa application. But you can wait for the expertise to help you out with correct answers.

Deronke1:
Hi, please my husband just got his US visitors visa today. 5 years validity. Will that have an impact on his Canada visitors application he is about to apply for?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 2:51pm On Aug 01
Deronke1:

Sure! it will have positive impact!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodGraceOnly: 5:44pm On Aug 01
I was going through Quora online question and answer App like Nairaland too and discovered that we can basically travel with a valid Visa in an old passport.

It’s clearly stated in IRCC site as the person attached the link. If we can travel with a valid visa in an expired passport there’s no need to much at stress.

All one needs is to travel with both the old ans new passport as it’s stated in IRCC website.

This news is awesome land hope airlines will adhere to it.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sholzyy: 7:28pm On Aug 01
Hello house.

Please make una no say my questions too much o. I just don’t want to make mistakes pls🙏🏽

I have started filling my application online and I got to where I initially asked question about.

Please see the attached and tell me what to click.. No or Yes

Note: My inviter is a family friend
Documents dropped are: invitation letter, passport data page, driver’s license, Utility bill, payslip and employment letter

These are ONLY what I have of her.

Should I click on Yes or No?🙏🏽

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 8:34pm On Aug 01
Sholzyy:
Hello house.

Please make una no say my questions too much o. I just don’t want to make mistakes pls🙏🏽

I have started filling my application online and I got to where I initially asked question about.

Please see the attached and tell me what to click.. No or Yes

Note: My inviter is a family friend
Documents dropped are: invitation letter, passport data page, driver’s license, Utility bill, payslip and employment letter

These are ONLY what I have of her.

Should I click on Yes or No?🙏🏽

sir ,click yes .. it clearly stated below it just a questionaire and you have not even stated filling the form =)

Come to Canada Wizard
The information within the Come to Canada Wizard is presented to guide you in assessing your suitability for various immigration applications. No immigration decision will be made based on the answers that you provide within the Come to Canada Wizard. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire.

important: This information is for reference only and no immigration decision will be made based on your answers. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an immigration officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sholzyy: 8:55pm On Aug 01
House34:

sir ,click yes .. it clearly stated below it just a questionaire and you have not even stated filling the form =)

Come to Canada Wizard
The information within the Come to Canada Wizard is presented to guide you in assessing your suitability for various immigration applications. No immigration decision will be made based on the answers that you provide within the Come to Canada Wizard. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire.

important: This information is for reference only and no immigration decision will be made based on your answers. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an immigration officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire.

Thank you so much for the swift response.
I just click on Yes and on the upload page, there is a column for Proof of Relationship. And like I stated initially, I do not have any photo pictures with my inviter except her documents I stated earlier.

What will I now upload there as proof of relationship with her

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 9:13pm On Aug 01
Sholzyy:

Thank you so much for the swift response.
I just click on Yes and on the upload page, there is a column for Proof of Relationship. And like I stated initially, I do not have any photo pictures with my inviter except her documents I stated earlier.

What will I now upload there as proof of relationship with her

Attach a detailed letter of explanation about your friend, when and how you met, and copied his ID. I invited an old classmate to Canada. He lives in France. He did the same and got the visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sholzyy: 9:24pm On Aug 01
House34:

Attach a detailed letter of explanation about your friend, when and how you met, and copied his ID. I invited an old classmate to Canada. He lives in France. He did the same and got the visa.

Thank you so much🙏🏽
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deltafly: 11:10pm On Aug 01
Deronke1:
Surely it will have impact . I applied in July within two weeks I got my visa while my friend applied in April ,he is still waiting for approval. Difference: I have a valid USA visa, he does not have

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Transporter52: 6:40am On Aug 02
My GCMS NOTES finally arrived after a long wait..

It’s stated that there was limited information regarding my employment. However, I submitted my employment letter, company ID card, payslips, introduction letter from the company and my leave approval letter

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Biamoz(m): 8:14am On Aug 02
Biamoz:

For someone residing in a country which the processing time is about 400 days, will I be stating my arrival date in Canada and my travel itinerary based on 400 days processing time?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodGraceOnly: 9:28am On Aug 02
Transporter52:

It’s stated that there was limited information regarding my employment. However, I submitted my employment letter, company ID card, payslips, introduction letter from the company and my leave approval letter

Sorry about that. I think maybe your company might be inactive in CAC website. To them the company ain’t functioning in your country Nigeria hence they don’t know the source of your income.

If it’s UK, UK will state it clearly that your company you said you’re working in your country does not display it in your country’s corporate affairs commission. Therefore, they don’t know the genuine source of your income.

Kindly work on that and reapply just that the time waiting ehhhh ain’t here.

May God Almighty Help Us All, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:39am On Aug 02
Biamoz:

For someone residing in a country which the processing time is about 400 days, will I be stating my arrival date in Canada and my travel itinerary based on 400 days processing time?

Yea, but are you in Afghanistan becos that one of the country close to 400 days processing day for canada visit visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 12:26pm On Aug 02
Transporter52:

I prefer the student GCMS note as it is more detailed. While the visitor visa note tends to be more generic, this GCMS note clearly means that you have the required funds inside the account . However, the visa officer expressed concerns about the source of these funds, as the information provided does not align with the submitted documents. Additional evidence is needed to demonstrate how the money was sourced and to confirm your financial stability.

For visitor visa applicants, this can be a complex issue. In contrast, student visa applicants have the opportunity to include comprehensive documentation, such as receipts of business transactions, tax clearances, and proof of landed property. Any lump sum amounts can also be explained. Reapplying with this detailed information often results in approval.

Recently, visitor visa applicants face a different set of challenges. Justifying the purpose of travel to Canada for tourism is particularly difficult if you have no prior travel history and no family in Canada. Investing a substantial amount for a brief 10-day trip raises questions. Unlike student visa applicants, who can cite educational advancement, visitor visa applicants must provide extensive proof of their source of funds, property ownership, and reasons for choosing Canada over other destinations.

Furthermore, it is crucial for visitor visa applicants to demonstrate strong ties to their home country to assure the visa officer of their intent to return

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by koolvin12(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02
Hello house,
Please I submitted a new application me and my wife on the new IRCC portal last week friday. Till now, after one week, we are yet to get biometrics letter. Please, is this normal? Or do I need to raise webform?
Kindly assist clarify please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodGraceOnly: 2:09pm On Aug 02
House34:

I prefer the student GCMS note as it is more detailed. While the visitor visa note tends to be more generic, this GCMS note clearly means that you have the required funds inside the account . However, the visa officer expressed concerns about the source of these funds, as the information provided does not align with the submitted documents. Additional evidence is needed to demonstrate how the money was sourced and to confirm your financial stability.

For visitor visa applicants, this can be a complex issue. In contrast, student visa applicants have the opportunity to include comprehensive documentation, such as receipts of business transactions, tax clearances, and proof of landed property. Any lump sum amounts can also be explained. Reapplying with this detailed information often results in approval.

Recently, visitor visa applicants face a different set of challenges. Justifying the purpose of travel to Canada for tourism is particularly difficult if you have no prior travel history and no family in Canada. Investing a substantial amount for a brief 10-day trip raises questions. Unlike student visa applicants, who can cite educational advancement, visitor visa applicants must provide extensive proof of their source of funds, property ownership, and reasons for choosing Canada over other destinations.

Furthermore, it is crucial for visitor visa applicants to demonstrate strong ties to their home country to assure the visa officer of their intent to return

It’s inactive company status in corporate affairs commission (that means the company doesn’t exist in the country and the source of fund can’t be ascertain) nothing else. Since the new President entered it’s now also one of the visa criteria’s as to enforce companies to be paying their tax returns.

He should clear their tax returns and he does get the visa God Willing and He should mention reason for the refusal and also state it has been rectified.

I’m speaking from experience.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 4:16pm On Aug 02
GodGraceOnly:

It’s inactive company status in corporate affairs commission (that means the company doesn’t exist in the country and the source of fund can’t be ascertain) nothing else. Since the new President entered it’s now also one of the visa criteria’s as to enforce companies to be paying their tax returns.

He should clear their tax returns and he does get the visa God Willing and He should mention reason for the refusal and also state it has been rectified.

I’m speaking from experience.

However, I submitted my employment letter, company ID card, payslips, introduction letter from the company and my leave approval letter

What the guy stated means he is just a staff member of the company. Therefore, he is not expected to present the company's registration certificate, nor is he responsible for the company's tax payments since he is not the owner. However, his own personal income tax documents can help.

The new president in your company cannot dictate the visa requirements of a foreign country. That's not how international diplomacy works.

Let's be honest with ourselves: now is not the best time for a Canadian visitor visa application, given the recent refusal rate. There's more to it than IRCC is disclosing, as a visa is a privilege and not a right. Any applicant can try their best, but nothing is guaranteed in the current situation, especially for visitor visas!

Canadians are growing increasingly uneasy with the number of new immigrants coming to the country, with three out of five people saying there are “too many,” the highest rate of dissatisfaction with Canada’s immigration policies in decades, according to a new poll

I wish all new applicant all the best but pls applicant shlould not put their egg in one basket and ensure you have alternative plan for life in this current global situation !
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodGraceOnly: 5:37pm On Aug 02
House34:

However, I submitted my employment letter, company ID card, payslips, introduction letter from the company and my leave approval letter

What the guy stated means he is just a staff member of the company. Therefore, he is not expected to present the company's registration certificate, nor is he responsible for the company's tax payments since he is not the owner. However, his own personal income tax documents can help.

The new president in your company cannot dictate the visa requirements of a foreign country. That's not how international diplomacy works.

Let's be honest with ourselves: now is not the best time for a Canadian visitor visa application, given the recent refusal rate. There's more to it than IRCC is disclosing, as a visa is a privilege and not a right. Any applicant can try their best, but nothing is guaranteed in the current situation, especially for visitor visas!

Canadians are growing increasingly uneasy with the number of new immigrants coming to the country, with three out of five people saying there are “too many,” the highest rate of dissatisfaction with Canada’s immigration policies in decades, according to a new poll

I wish all new applicant all the best but pls applicant shlould not put their egg in one basket and ensure you have alternative plan for life in this current global situation !

I am telling you that I’m speaking from experience. It’s inactive status.

Most business names and companies don’t pay their tax returns. They wouldn’t state that the money is fraud rather they don’t know the source of his fund.

They don’t care about your millions or billions in your account. They want to know the genuine source of it.

If he’s the one that applied it, he should notify his MD to pay their tax return and it has to be from date of registration to 2023. Though it’s not big money.

He should tell the person to facilitate it and make it active in CAC website and he should reapply. That’s the only issue he has nothing else.

My only concern is that they take lot of time. It does be another 5/6months more to spend .

If there’s room for appeal, he can quickly work on the active status and notify their HR to use the company’s letterhead to write to them that the company has been in operation for years, and has been actively functioning in his country for mention the number of years; that whatever happened was due to human error due to work load or negligence from corporate affairs commission that the company has notified them of the update and they’ve taken action immediately to that regards. Also notify them that your company is a reputable company and if they’re not actively functioning in your country, they wouldn’t be transacting in your country bank.

Include copies of the company’s different bank cheques (black pages) and any other receipt on commercial or government related payments they do make like NHF etc.

But make sure the inactive status is rectified. These people their country system is working and they believe any legally functioning company should be registered in that country and should be verifiable.

If you’re applying again, after rectifying this, still attached this detials as (clarification letter from previous refusal).

You also include a self Attestation letter separately stating that your only main purpose of traveling is strictly for tourist and to witness the beauty and bliss of …….. and after that, you’d be coming back to your country to continue with your lucrative job and also take care of your assets etc.

The fact is, If you didn’t rectify the inactive status and reapply, it does still bounce back to same issue.

The only issue in your refusal is inactive status. Every other thing is ok. It’s like working for an illegal company in your country and looking for means to travel and not come back because the company you’re working for in your country is not recognized and can close down anytime.

Your work is your home ties and they want it to be a recognized and legalized company in your country. How can they verify that? It’s only via CAC website.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodGraceOnly: 6:12pm On Aug 02
Check out this refusal but this is the way UK states theirs as they have different mode of communication and English.

This is from someone I know and I advised the person and now she has gotten 6months Visa within 2weeks of reapplication.

They’d open check on companies in CAC.

Simply work on that and you’re good to go God Willing, Amen 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funkyy598: 6:38pm On Aug 02
GodGraceOnly:
Check out this refusal but this is the way UK states theirs as they have different mode of communication and English.

This is from someone I know and I advised the person and now she has gotten 6months Visa within 2weeks of reapplication.

This is canada visitor section and I believe there is a significant misunderstanding when comparing the visa requirements for the UK and Canada. Canada does not consider the inactivity of a company registration as a primary factor. I sponsored my sister for a student visa, and although the company I work for is inactive on the CAC website, I provided my personal tax clearance. Initially, her visa was refused due to concerns about the source of funds. However, after I explained my additional business activities, provided receipts from my clients, and showed the payments made to my account along with my CAC certificate and tax l paid , her visa was approved on the second attempt.
In my experience, obtaining a UK visit and student visa is relatively very easier compared to Canada visitor visa , where even after presenting all necessary documents, one might still face refusal. Therefore, the emphasis on company inactive is not entirely accurate!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 6:57pm On Aug 02
GodGraceOnly:

UK Visa na pure water , you see Madam Gill lever ,British Deputy High commissioner to Nigeria adverting uk visit visa processing online and it 3 weeks even na pigin english she speak to start the advert "my naija people how far".,just apply and show account ,pay slip and property they go give you visa, l was refused Canada visa but got uk visa very easy with same document
abeg forget this ur company inactive magic Canada visa process go humble you grin

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetkev(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02
House34:

This advice is best you have given above , but it only applies if the applicant is certain they have personally applied and used the bank statement obtained directly from the bank, not through an agent. The reliability of visa agents' uploads document is questionable. I recently acquired a GCMS note for an individual who was banned. Despite the agent's claim of using the original statement provided by the individual, the agent suggested that the individual might have suffered a spiritual attack. I found this excuse implausible, so I requested the GCMS note, which contained all the submitted documents. when l recieve all the form and document supported ,The bank statement submitted by the agent was evidently fraudulent; I didn't even need to verify with the bank. It was riddled with typographical mistakes, inconsistent fonts, and alignment issues. It's distressing because agents not only sabotage individuals' plans but also cause discord within families. It's baffling how any rational person could accept a ' family spiritual attack' as a justification for visa denial, an excuse the agent employed to mask his fraud and incompetence!
Please how can I request for CGMS note to get all the documents an agent used for me so I'll use it to guide myself in my future application because he didn't want to release the document used after my denial. Though my email was used for IRCC tracking. Kindly help me draft a letter for CGMS request for documents used by the agent. Thanks and may God bless you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetkev(m): 7:07pm On Aug 02
uchennay:

UK Visa na pure water , you see Madam Gill lever ,British Deputy High commissioner to Nigeria adverting uk visit visa processing online and it 3 weeks even na pigin english she speak to start the advert "my naija people how far".,just apply and show account ,pay slip and property they go give you visa, l was refused Canada visa but got uk visa very easy with same document
abeg forget this ur company inactive magic Canada visa process go humble you grin
Are you telling us to try UK ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 7:46pm On Aug 02
sweetkev:
Are you telling us to try UK ?

yes uk visa is easy but na you know why you want travel and it a personal decision but be aware you cannot work or change visit visa in uk ..uk too wise for all that method and you go spend your money becos you cannot work on visit visa in uk and if you over stay then it automatic ban!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 9:05pm On Aug 02
sos404:

Hey bro. I know it’s been a while, I think I just did the same mistake you did last year. I sent my documents via DHL and it’s delivered to vfs today Monday. I forgot to write my email on the data page but I wrote on a white sheet of paper. My question is when did dhl called u to come pick up the return document? a day after? or when?

I sincerely dont remember again but i did not have any problem with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (1188) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.