Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,109 members, 7,973,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 03:22 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2612135 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (Reply)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 8:16pm On Oct 12
Hopefullllll:

Please can I ask you some questions...Bought a ticket from them tru an agent ...vague luggage specifications was typed there and realized not a single customer service anywhere in Nigeria. Please if you know one please help.
Input your booking reference into the manage my booking on the website and you’ll find every information you need about the baggage on your ticket
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 12
So what stops her from applying for TRV inside Canada?

The main thing is she will have the permit to study for the length of time she needs. She can however apply for TRV separately when she needs it

I think the aim of this is not to give visitor permit privileges to study permit holders. When her visitor permits expires she can always apply for visitor and get as much as her passport can accommodate. They don't want to give you double for one as they also have revenue targets for visa issuance. Canada don dey stingy with visa approvals.

Finally, maybe they don't want to give her opportunity to delay her entering Canada to start the program. We ve seen many people abuse their 2 yrs Travel Visa (attached to 2 years study permit) by trying to defer an admission and enter Canada in a later date without informing IRCC just because the TRV period accommodates the program deferment. We caused all this harshness to ourselves by abuse of priviledges and IRCC seems to be closing loopholes that breeds abuse.

Opeyemi007:
I know this. Problem is when her visa expires in five months, she cannot travel outside Canada(minus the US) without a valid visa. Regardless of how long her study permit is. Thanks though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.