Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,006 members, 7,880,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:13 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2437399 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
@Adetajo
1.5 to 2m is fine with prove of investment ,properties,married, kids u are good to go
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rolly22(m): 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
jj17cv:
@Rolly22
Visit other places to build your travel history Canada hardly grant virgin passport....

Ok bro Thanks so much, is African countries acceptable?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
@Rolly22m
Yes offcourse like SA and others Dubia
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enishit: 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ozzz:

@Enishit
where you given upto 4years visit visa?

Yes expires 2024

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
congrant
Enishit:

Yes expires 2024

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2019
Enishit:

Yes expires 2024

Woow congrats I key into this ooo, I pray I get 3years cheesy

Are you there already or you will do a white Christmas ?
I hear it's really cold this period....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:57am On Nov 11, 2019
@Ozzz
How long your eligibility and background check takes before you received your PPR and BVL a friend of mine his eligibility and background check running at the same time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enishit: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2019
Ozzz:

Woow congrats I key into this ooo, I pray I get 3years cheesy

Are you there already or you will do a white Christmas ?
I hear it's really cold this period....

Am not ready to go yet. I applied for UK In July so I just used the same document to apply for Canada since it’s an online application. I just renewed my passport so I got the visa to expiration.Note my last Canada visa was just a year due to my passport expiring date.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
jj17cv:
@Ozzz
How long your eligibility and background check takes before you received your PPR and BVL a friend of mine his eligibility and background check running at the same time

@jj17cv

Review of Eligibility & background checks will keep running till maybe after you get back your passport booklet if approved or terminate if refused.

Mine is still running despite submitting passport.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
@ty01 any updates on your BVL today??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
Enishit:

Am not ready to go yet. I applied for UK In July so I just used the same document to apply for Canada since it’s an online application. I just renewed my passport so I got the visa to expiration.Note my last Canada visa was just a year due to my passport expiring date.

@Enishit
Woow, I like the Canadian style of maximizing the passport validity, this is my first can. application, I initially thought it would be 6months given.

Is there any advantage having the tourist visa while planning express entry ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
@Angie32

howfar with your application, when did you apply and how many days gone? have they started reviewing your eligibility ?

What was the feedback from the case you raised?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ozzz:

Is there any advantage having the tourist visa while planning express entry ?
Most definitely! You can tour while making up your mind which province to migrate to.

It is more difficult to get a visit visa after applying for express entry.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obilec: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hi obilec I’m so sorry!! Please can you give us your timeline? When did your eligibility start and when did you get your BVL? Are you sure you submitted all supporting documents to support your application?
obilec:
Application refused today on account of family ties in canada and travel history. I was told i don't meet eligibility requirements, what does that mean?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
None yet. I will inform you once there’s an update.

Angie32:
@ty01 any updates on your BVL today??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is not clear to me. I am not aware that you require a family tie in Canada before you are issued a Canada visa.

obilec:
Application refused today on account of family ties in canada and travel history. I was told i don't meet eligibility requirements, what does that mean?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obilec: 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
Wow ! You can always reapply don’t worry .... was your visa office in London?
obilec:
I submitted all required documents. I never got an official notification for eligibility review but I always saw “review in progress” whenever I logged in. Got my bvl today, four minutes before the refusal. I did biometrics in 2017. Submitted 19th September. I’ Been to Dubai and some other African countries so i wonder why travel history was given as a reason?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
Alright � do you know your visa office?
ty01:
None yet. I will inform you once there’s an update.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hey @Ozzz I’m on day 34 and no I haven’t received feedback ... was your file sent to London?
Ozzz:
@Angie32

howfar with your application, when did you apply and how many days gone? have they started reviewing your eligibility ?

What was the feedback from the case you raised?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
@Angies32
What about your eligibility review?

@ty01
Families ties ....Works

Married
Kids
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruggedly: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
Guys when you submit your application the only time you should start worrying about the length of time is when it’s prolly day 75 cos my passport request came on day 63 so if you are on day 40 or 50 just calm down hahahaha. All the best to those who are still waiting. ��������

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please, how do you check this?

Angie32:
Alright � do you know your visa office?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
Yes
jj17cv:
@Angies32
What about your eligibility review?

@ty01
Families ties ....Works

Married
Kids

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
So sorry about this. I think you should request for your GCM notes...that way you know the exact reason and work on it before reapplying. Wishing you all the best[1quote author=obilec post=83937024]Application refused today on account of family ties in canada and travel history. I was told i don't meet eligibility requirements, what does that mean?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
obilec:

@obilec so sorry for the refusal, however, as for the Canadian family ties, am thinking it has to do with the person that invited you, probably the person isnt related to you or what was your purpose of travel?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abekebabe: 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ozzz:

in my opinion it's good to add both for transparency, however it depends if he will declare he is working or self employed, that will also determine which to present, for example if he is declaring self employment then he needs to show his business account, the salary account isn't needed.
thanks for your valuable response , but if he's declaring self employed without CAC and business account but run only savings account on his businesses, can this be used to apply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 5:43am On Nov 12, 2019
Abekebabe:
thanks for your valuable response , but if he's declaring self employed without CAC and business account but run only savings account on his businesses, can this be used to apply

If his business isn't registered with CAC, then its difficult to prove it's a legitimate business , however if you can prove it somehow then you are good, I think the type of bank account doesn't matter, but you may have to explain why its a savings account and so on, because your duty is to convince the Visa officer beyond doubt that you are eligible for the visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obilec: 7:01am On Nov 12, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:35am On Nov 12, 2019
@obilec
Any kids with ur husband family ties is not about who invite you is about your marriage ,kids and how long you been married ....You can't just leave ur kids and stay Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 8:36am On Nov 12, 2019
obilec:
My husband is canadian and invited me to spend Christmas with him. Schooling and working here in Nigeria. I have been to dubai and some other countries. It’s confusing.
Sorry but why not apply for spousal sponsorship? Your ties appear to be stronger in Canada so going the visit visa route will result less chance of success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1138) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Megimag, lanresz(m), Sandzy, affoncad, nodetest, Papiw69 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.