Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,249 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:10 PM

INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks (53212 Views)

There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume / Breaking News INEC Postpones Nigeria 2015 General Elections For 6 Weeks / Court Asked To Postpone General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by maclatunji: 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
Donxavier:

Is this news really confirmed. Am really sad if it's true. Why are no Nigerian news outlets carrying this news? Everyone is busy quoting international organisations

No announcement has been made, it is just a rumour at the moment as INEC is still holding its consultative meeting.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by ascaris(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
Let all the politcal parties go for another round of states tours again. This is the only time poor people in village get free rice, kerosine, recharge cards, salt, maggi, wrappers ànd P -Caps.
Another round campaigns! APC, PDP etc all na the same thieves!
Go round for state rallies again!
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by xcolanto(m): 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
Good news! The failbuhari project is still on course.. Hay fee cee thought they could compromise the inec by distributing more pvc's in their strong hold. They seem to forget the name of the man they up against. The luck is always good in his favour! It's Goodluck for the postponement to total victory.

Let the hay fee fee form their parallel government if sad by this news grin

Jega has been compromised, he should be retired anytime soon as all credibility has been stripped off him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Pennyways: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
Suljosh:
May GOD punish all our leaders, may thunder fire them from every angle of this world. Stupiiiiiiiiit leaders. Useeeeeeles country. Dummmmmy youths everywhere.

I know its frustration that cause you this, but be careful cos you may roam the streets of Nigeria

LET GOODLUCK CONTINUE

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by auntymi(f): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
vjsmiles:
the ladies have won
no excuse on vals day.
thunda!!!!
yes oo
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by XKZ(m): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
@inecnigeria: INEC has not made any official announcement about Feb. 14th polls. Meetings still ongoing #Nigeriadecides

https://twitter.com/inecnigeria/status/564015677426913281
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by mrnuur(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
My country is a joke.

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by hushmail: 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
the choice is clear

the army cannot provide secuirty for the elections cos of

challenges in thee northeast.

Jega has no option than to postpone the elections

those shouting pdp and gej are totally confused

APC Amechi and Buhari that never attend council of state

decided to show face because of election

now both are sorely disappointed

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by sokera: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
This is the result when you voted for an animal from the zoo as a president of Nigeria . Anyway anytime anyday it is Buhari . Things must change .

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by NobleAky(m): 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
Now it is either that i March on Buhari or i April Fool Him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by lion042(m): 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
They will postpone the election again.....hahahaha
theV0ice:
Boko haram that they couldn't dislodge in 3 years, they want to do in 6 weeks?

What happens if they don't finish BH in 6 weeks? They'll postpone again?
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by joseph1832(m): 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
Would INEC have even considered postponing this election if GEJ man up! If the presidency has done what its suppose to do, would we be having all this so called yeye ploy of Nigerians being disenfranchise by Boko Haram!.

If the presidency can't defeat Boko Haram all this while I refuse to see how they'll do it in just six weeks!!!.

Anybody, I repeat anybody who votes for the PDP is condemning Nigeria to death!!!.

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by sleekp1: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=15pt]Chai!!!!!![/size]

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by hushmail: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
joseph1832:
Would INEC have even considered postponing this election if GEJ has man up! If the presidency has done what its suppose to do would we be having all this so called yeye ploy of Nigerians being disenfranchise by Boko Haram!.

If the presidency can't defeat Boko Haram all this while I refuse to see how they'll do it in just six weeks!!!.

Anybody, I repeat anybody who votes for the PDP is condemning Nigeria to death!!!.

dont be confused, this present international coalition against BH is the brainchild of UN and AU

and its yielding great dividends

soon BH will be a thing of the past, if the current tempo is maintained

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
Oh God! What excuse will I give now on valentine day eh? Girls will be like *HONEY AM SO HAPPY*.

Even if they postponed the election to 10yrs later, we must vote out GEJ.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
Let the election take place joor,i'm tired of their stupid campaigns;with streets and crannies littered with campaign materials,especially posters.mcheeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Jesusloveyou: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
Gejfreesupport:

You are a tool... if that was his plan.. he would have asked INEC to conduct the election, excluding the NE zone..

Shameless ediot
u don't really know d plan of this clueless zoo man,he wants to use his boys(ragtag) as an excuse to cancel election,they is no election again,he just want to destabilise nigeria
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by joseph1832(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
hushmail:

dont be confused, this present international coalition against BH is the brainchild of UN and AU

and its yielding great dividends

soon BH will be a thing of the past, if the current tempo is maintained
Bla bla bla like the U.S, Britain, China and others came to Nigeria to look for the missing Chibok girls right?.

I tell you, if the PDP are so sure they'll win this election they won't be clamoring for the postponement of it. Its that simple, hearing some nitwit say "some Nigerians will be disenfranchise" is like playing with my mentality and thinking me to be a toddler!.

This nonsense is just going too far!.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by vjsmiles: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
auntymi:
yes oo
aunty please help your bf grin
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by greatsodade(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
PlutoLA:
As far as I am concerned there are no grounds for the postponement of this election. The fact is that not everyone who has registered will vote. Today I went to get my own PVC and I was shocked by the number of cards yet to be collected. The fact is that not everybody is interested in voting,some just needed the TVC for opening bank accts and some other registration as a form of identification. Those who are really interested have gone to collect theirs.
Secondly the issue of insecurity as an excuse is absolutely shallow. This insecurity has been on ground for years,so I ask,is the FG promising to have totally solved the insurgency issue before the new date? If they can't totally solve it by then,why postpone it now?
I think we should just do it now and push it off our minds

U re damn Right bro!...I collected my own PVC since Nov 28 and quote me anywhere "It not because of the election cos I'll DEFINITELY not vote"...and it is not a matter of being a patriot cause I know I love my country...but I can't just imagine suffering my self for something that just won't count.
Come Election day ehn I'll be in my road reading as usual with my PVC totally secure in my inner purse...

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by greatsodade(m): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
PlutoLA:
As far as I am concerned there are no grounds for the postponement of this election. The fact is that not everyone who has registered will vote. Today I went to get my own PVC and I was shocked by the number of cards yet to be collected. The fact is that not everybody is interested in voting,some just needed the TVC for opening bank accts and some other registration as a form of identification. Those who are really interested have gone to collect theirs.
Secondly the issue of insecurity as an excuse is absolutely shallow. This insecurity has been on ground for years,so I ask,is the FG promising to have totally solved the insurgency issue before the new date? If they can't totally solve it by then,why postpone it now?

U re damn Right bro!...I collected my own PVC since Nov 28 and quote me anywhere "It not because of the election cos I'll DEFINITELY not vote"...and it is not a matter of being a patriot cause I know I love my country...but I can't just imagine suffering my self for something that just won't count.
Come Election day ehn I'll be in my room reading as usual with my PVC totally secured in my inner purse... Cos I no fit shout.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Ofornaira: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
theV0ice:
Boko haram that they couldn't dislodge in 3 years, they want to do in 6 weeks?

What happens if they don't finish BH in 6 weeks? They'll postpone again?
Yes until the security situation is calm. The constitution says so.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by notoriousbabe: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
PlutoLA:
God bless you
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by iluvnaija: 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Gbam

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by notoriousbabe: 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ofornaira:
Yes until the security situation is calm. The constitution says so.
and their sponsors will continue to sponsor them and dat will give GEJ the opportunity to sidon for office I guess?
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Dahjhi: 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
ladies be like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
This has been their plan all along. How many soldiers were deployed for the war? How many were deployed to ekiti state? This war has been on for years yet FG didn't join forces with the neighbouring countries to fight it.

So it will be postponed again if the team aren't able to end insurgency within the speculated extension time. PDP are just bunch of criminals and sore losers. They do everything possible to hold on to power even if an innocent citizen life is at stake.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by PhockPhockMan: 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
centmichael101:
E no GOOD ooooo APC juju go don spoil by den oooo
Good move, it will give both parties and inec opportunity to prepare well.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by MrEverest(m): 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Go GEJ! Go Jonathan!! Tell noise making mofos that you are still in charge. Come March, Buhari & his cohorts will cry me a river when he looses again just like he has been loosing since 1999.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by jdbrasco(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
waternogeteneny:

Really? visit ABC NEWS AMERICA. No more Febuhari. Abi una think say Government dey fear una before?

They are only busy working whilst u are busy blogging and posting crap. Una go soon fear.
Haha, no more Febuhari. It is Aprifoolbuhari now. Abeg dey should allow ppl to get dia PVCs. I was able to get mine today after trying for two weeks. Plz, if u hv not collected ur PVC better go for it now because in my unit, ppl are collecting PVCs dat are not theirs. Thank u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara Dumps PDP, Joins APC / 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.