Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,296 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:11 PM

INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks (53219 Views)

There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume / Breaking News INEC Postpones Nigeria 2015 General Elections For 6 Weeks / Court Asked To Postpone General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by mcprince32(m): 1:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
It's quite exciting, I picture Baba God working out things to appropriate order.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by watered(m): 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
I keep telling all this nitwits on NL chanting sai APC that GEJ will emerge victorious in this poll dem dey doubt me.

Na we get the government na we get power. APC can only rave and rant like a dog that's got rabies and PDP go just dey laugh cos we d master.

PEEE DEEE PEEE
P O W E R

GEJ till 2019

We the members of PDP are waiting for Lai Mohammed's condemnation. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by PhockPhockMan: 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
barcanista:
They have got their wish....

Buh they won't get the votes!

Sai Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by farem: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
codedguy1:
Does this postponement give any advantage to GEJ?

Is it that everyone that has not collected their PVC's are expected to vote for GEJ!

Will people who are hell bent on voting Buhari change their minds if the elections are shifted.

If the reason for postponement is for the army to concentrate on boko haram, is there an assurance that we will see the end of the group in 6wks time or less.

Will the postponement make undecided voters decide?

Just a few questions!
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
If this Jega ( Chairman of INEC )guy was brave and wise enough he should call the press briefing spill the beans that:

1. He is being pressured and sabotaged by the PDP and the presidency

2. He does not believe postponing the elections is to anyone's benefit but the presidency

3. He is not in support of the postponement

Because if he does announce the postponement, he will have sealed his coffin, he won't survive this. He definitely will be fired in the next week as he would have failed in achieving his mandate to roll out elections at the set time.

He will leave as a disgraced man but its his choice to leave as hero or a failure. He should have his own trusted press that will send his press briefing to international press per verbatim.

So the international audience could stop ignoring Nigeria and put a spot light on Jonathan's rule.

Anyhow! Goodluck Nigeria! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by BotherMleeper(m): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
Calculia:
IT IS OFFICIAL, ELECTIONS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED FOR SIX WEEKS BECAUSE OF BOKO HARAM.

1. They cannot contain in 6 weeks what they couldn't in six years

2. The displaced persons and other residents of the northeast would be more concerned with rebuilding their shattered lives rather than voting whoever, if the insurgency is indeed contained.

3. Since when did the PDP care about the inhabitants of the northeast, that they insist on postponing the elections so such people could vote?

4. Why would GEJ/PDP want millions more certain pro-buhari voters to swell the ranks of the opposition and thereby spell doom for GEJ and his merry band of thieves?

5. Why would INEC say its ready and PDP will insist inec is not?

The postponement is nothing short of a PDP plot to perfect its evil machinations.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by notoriousbabe: 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
kevinberry:

I tell you sis

PDP are trying to stay in power for eternity
Things are changing
My heart is bitter
Am concerned about my future and that of my children..

Just like it happen in most african countries..
That of nigeria is going to be the most talk about revolution..

Nigerians are tired and fed up..
our mumu don do. I dey pity GEJ,I pray he doesn't end up being the scape goat
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Chigold101(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2015
theV0ice:
Boko haram that they couldn't dislodge in 3 years, they want to do in 6 weeks?

What happens if they don't finish BH in 6 weeks? They'll postpone again?
APC juju of febuhari would have spoilt in 6weeks & the 150 laptop computers programed which was donated to INEC to be used for rigging in favor of APC would also stopped being oparational within 3weeks...

U see power pass power...

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by MrEverest(m): 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
Great news, I have been expecting this since. Next line of action is to give Jega the boot, that dude is totally compromised, he must be sent packing either through forced retirement or outright sack, he has lost his credibility, if at all he ever had one. Rubbish, next pleeeeaaaasssseeee!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by notoriousbabe: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
Seun:
Real ladies.
yawns again

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Sobeautiful: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
B69U:
BUHARI MEANS POSTPONE IN IGBO LANGUAGE LITERALLY. grin
Exactly, so he should be held responsible for this postponement.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by searider(m): 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Wether the election is postponed or not; qui sera sera (whatever will be will be).

We can't have two presidents at a time.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Sike(m): 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Oh God! I hate this news.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by watered(m): 2:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
theV0ice:
Boko haram that they couldn't dislodge in 3 years, they want to do in 6 weeks?

What happens if they don't finish BH in 6 weeks? They'll postpone again?
Better advice ur colleagues in Sambisa to surrender because if we don't finish dislodging them Elections won't hold grin

PEEE DEEE PEEE
P O W E R

GEJ till 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by spanzed(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
macklef:
So you mean we would be condoning all this APC and PDP posts till further notice?

This is plain wickedness dammit!!
walahi you don get am....E don tire me
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by candidbabe(f): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
APC is it now marchbuhari, Aprilbuhari or Decembuhari. lwkm grin grin grin
grin
FreeGlobe:
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by watered(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Fake...we had four good years to prepare for this elections but now, look at what's going on. Nigeria is in mess. Anyway, we'll wait and see. angryAll the same,
Sai Buhari.

Its also funny how people can cheply believe news from a foreign source. The election date is yet to be decided.
Read here http://www.punchng.com/news/uncertainty-as-jega-decides-polls-date-5pm/
So don't jump into conclusions yet, Feb 14 is Feb 14 and that date won't be altered. Its a date every nigerian can't wait for.
All dis ur sai Buhari chant is only possible on NL but not on the media or Aso Rock where you wish ur Buhari to have entered.

So I'll advice to take a chill pill, pick up a hand fan and do the needful cos its hot everywia. Thank God for A/C in this wing of the villa.

PEEE DEEE PEEE
P O W E R

GEJ till 2019. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by dokunbam(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
Make APC mod no hide my post again oo

More time to enlighten people for change

More time for winning strategies

More time for PVC collection

PDP can never be ready even if they are given 6 months

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by candidbabe(f): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
hushmail:

oga ur head dey there and grin

aga na e-buhari ya until gej is 100% certified to win

grin grin
So it shall be bro

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by SomebodyLovesMe: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
BluIvy:
If this Jega ( Chairman of INEC )guy was brave and wise enough he should call the press briefing spill the beans that:

1. He is being pressured and sabotaged by the PDP and the presidency

2. He does not believe postponing the elections is to anyone's benefit but the presidency

3. He is not in support of the postponement

Because if he does announce the postponement, he will have sealed his coffin, he won't survive this. He definitely will be fired in the next week as he would have failed in achieving his mandate to roll out elections at the set time.

He will leave as a disgraced man but its his choice to leave as hero or a failure. He should have his own trusted press that will send his press briefing to international press per verbatim.

So the international audience could stop ignoring Nigeria and put a spot light on Jonathan's rule.

Anyhow! Goodluck Nigeria! cool

Perfectly said. The earlier he exposes the presidency, the better for him.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by kayswiz01: 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
Why the shift, I see absolutely no reason this.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by SomebodyLovesMe: 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
yes,everything about nigeria is .......,this is d reason d clueless zoologist started this boko haram(animals in his zoo),so that they wil not be election,his plan wil never work.

You are absolutely right. He will be the worst hit by his own wicked plan.
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by urchbarbie(f): 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
Seun? Is dat all u av to say? grin
Seun:
Ladies are very happy.
Personalise it sir: my lady is very happy! Shiekena
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by chiddy158: 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
INEC reached the decision to postpone the 2015 General Elections at a stakeholders meeting held today, February 7, in Abuja.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has decided to postpone the 2015 General Elections.

INEC reached the decision at a stakeholders meeting held today, February 7, in Abuja.

An official close to the commission confirmed that INEC had decided to postpone the election for six weeks due to the threat posed by Boko Haram.

The source added that the poll shift would allow extra time for a newly constituted multinational force to secure the North-East which is currently being plagued by Boko Haram attacks.

It would also enable the commission continue distribution of Permanent Voters Cards (PVC) to citizens to prevent mass disenfranchisement.

INEC is expected to make an official announcement of the postponement at a news conference later in the day.

http://www.thefocusng.com/inec-to-postpone-2015-election-by-6-weeks/
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Ishilove: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
Burger01:
The more PVCs the more the victory for Buhari..undecided
Who gives a rat's heinie about PVCs?

Valentine will be free movement day, yipee!!! cheesy

Burger01, I hope you're set for our val date? grin Eyop has traveled to Niger republic for vacation so it means we can flex wella cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Faibuhari: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Fake...we had four good years to prepare for this elections but now, look at what's going on. Nigeria is in mess. Anyway, we'll wait and see. angryAll the same,
Sai Buhari.

Its also funny how people can cheply believe news from a foreign source. The election date is yet to be decided.
Read here http://www.punchng.com/news/uncertainty-as-jega-decides-polls-date-5pm/
So don't jump into conclusions yet, Feb 14 is Feb 14 and that date won't be altered. Its a date every nigerian can't wait for.
is that you berrem

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
notoriousbabe:
our mumu don do. I dey pity GEJ,I pray he doesn't end up being the scape goat
He will become the next ghadafi
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by auntymi(f): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
vjsmiles:

aunty please help your bf grin
hw can an aunty b uR GF, e no make brain tongue
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Burger01(m): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ishilove:

Who gives a rat's heinie about PVCs?

Valentine will be free movement day, yipee!!! cheesy

Burger01, I hope you're set for our val date? grin Eyop has traveled to Niger republic for vacation so it means we can flex wella cheesy cheesy
Make dem kidnap Eyop for Niger republic so make me and you flex wela till eternity.
cheesy
Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by shizzle11(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
APC already rigging systematically in specific areas in lagos. Jega has serious case to answer. He must respond to the questions raised by Clark, Ekwueme, Ladigbolu and co. Its plain obvious he has connived with the opposition to rig the polls.

I went for my PVC last year with my 2011 TVC and i was told my ward was one of those that the system crashed (or whatever nonsense excuse they gave). After re-registering last November I went for my PVC this morning, and was told that its not available, i was livid.

Now i was told this same morning that registered voters of a particular ethnic group were deliberately being disenfranchised. When you present your TVC to the adhoc staff and your name is igbo, they tell you its not there. It happened to a lot of us, and many left angrily without their PVC's. Obviously the PVC's have been taken away and hidden somewhere, i queried and sought to know why its not there and all they kept telling is 'there may be a mix up', whats my own with mix-up or mix down?. This is currently happening somewhere in amuwo-odofin on lagos state as i speak.

The plan by jega and the apc to rig the elections must be resisted by all means. I cant imagine that i cant vote in the coming elections. Jega told us that the PVC's are ready, why cant i find mine?, why cant persons from a particular region find theirs? Jega must tell us what happened to our PVCs. He must tell us why areas suspected to be dominated by PDP supporters or igbos cant find their PVCs.

This is unacceptable! I must vote in this election. Jega must not play into the hands of the the so called NEF led by ango abdullahi and their born-to-rule-mentality nonsense. I am so angry right now that if i lay my hands on any apc nuisance on nairaland, i will kill him or her with my bare hands.

Nonsense! angryangryangry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks by Olaone1: 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Wicked grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Man Was Carried By Ambulance From Hospital To Go Vote In Jos (Picture) / VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents / Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.