Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,160 members, 7,887,381 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:58 AM

Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road (3492 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Is Not 2km. / The Kind Of Raods TA Orji Constructs / Adeboye And RCCG Constructs Feeder Roads In Lagos And Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by JJYOU: 3:47am On Jan 03, 2009
Anambra businessman constructs 4.2km road
By Emmanuel Obe
Published: Saturday, 3 Jan 2009

The Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, on Friday inaugurated a total of 4.2 kilometres of road, constructed with full asphalt by Ichie Mike Ezenduka at Amesi, a town in Anambra State.

The road network comprises the Akalabo Road, Mife road and Umeozulu road. During the ceremony, the governor thanked Ezenduka and commended him for his readiness to deploy his wealth in the service of the state and humanity. The governor traced some of the problems in the state to the erosion of values, recalling that in the past, communities provided and maintained amenities in their communities.

He regretted that these days, people preferred to showcase their wealth in fleets of jeeps, even when local infrastructure in their villages such as schools were completely neglected. He called on others to emulate the service of the businessman, to make the task of developing the state more fruitful.

The President-General of the town’s union, Air Vice-Marshal Canice Umenwaliri (rtd.), congratulated the governor for setting a “standard of excellence” in Nigerian politics through obedience to due process, integrity and prudence in the management of the resources of the state. Umenwaliri said that with the governor’s massive development of infrastructure in the state, it had become evident that Anambra State was not cursed.

He said that rather, Anambra’s problem was that of past bad governance. He appealed to Obi not to be distracted by critics. He said that if Obi had been bothered by critics, he would not have been able to build roads, equip hospitals, rehabilitate schools, restore confidence in governance and carry out infrastructural development.

While thanking the governor for the work at the town’s Christ Redeemer College, the grant of N2.5 million each to the 177 communities in the state and the on-going rehabilitation of Obizi Water Scheme, the president-general appealed to him to help in controlling erosion in the town and equipping the town’s health Centre.
By Emmanuel Obe
Published: Saturday, 3 Jan 2009

The Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, on Friday inaugurated a total of 4.2 kilometres of road, constructed with full asphalt by Ichie Mike Ezenduka at Amesi, a town in Anambra State.

The road network comprises the Akalabo Road, Mife road and Umeozulu road. During the ceremony, the governor thanked Ezenduka and commended him for his readiness to deploy his wealth in the service of the state and humanity. The governor traced some of the problems in the state to the erosion of values, recalling that in the past, communities provided and maintained amenities in their communities.

He regretted that these days, people preferred to showcase their wealth in fleets of jeeps, even when local infrastructure in their villages such as schools were completely neglected. He called on others to emulate the service of the businessman, to make the task of developing the state more fruitful.

The President-General of the town’s union, Air Vice-Marshal Canice Umenwaliri (rtd.), congratulated the governor for setting a “standard of excellence” in Nigerian politics through obedience to due process, integrity and prudence in the management of the resources of the state. Umenwaliri said that with the governor’s massive development of infrastructure in the state, it had become evident that Anambra State was not cursed.

He said that rather, Anambra’s problem was that of past bad governance. He appealed to Obi not to be distracted by critics. He said that if Obi had been bothered by critics, he would not have been able to build roads, equip hospitals, rehabilitate schools, restore confidence in governance and carry out infrastructural development.

While thanking the governor for the work at the town’s Christ Redeemer College, the grant of N2.5 million each to the 177 communities in the state and the on-going rehabilitation of Obizi Water Scheme, the president-general appealed to him to help in controlling erosion in the town and equipping the town’s health Centre.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200901034231315
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by BOSS7: 4:25am On Jan 03, 2009
Nice one.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by lucabrasi(m): 4:57am On Jan 03, 2009
now this an awesome feat,pls post any details about the man as such an individual deserves being emailed or written to so that he ll continue the excellent job and know how much people appreciate him,lets hope more of these sort of people will spring up in nigeria, hope all the biafra revolutionaries are taking note, this is a man not using his money to cause confusion but doing positive things in his community
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by jookco(m): 6:55am On Jan 03, 2009
watch and see , the business man who constructed the Road will contest Governoship Election this time, so guess what he did it for political reasons
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by otokx(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2009
What "business" does that business man do? Have they checked the source of his wealth? Is it legitimate?
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by princekevo(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2009
otokx:

What "business" does that business man do? Have they checked the source of his wealth? Is it legitimate?

Haters, Wht a good question?
Does it mean that Nigeria has no geniue business men who can afford to construct a road of 4.2km?
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by otokx(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2009
Nigeria has many genuine business men who can even construct 420km road in places where they have never been.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by chei: 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2009
most of the rural roads in the east are usually constructed by the indigenes.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by RichyBlacK(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2009
This is a good move!
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by landis(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2009
if this is a PRIVATE road to his house, it is good move.

otherwise, it is mixed feeling.

Good:
People can drive on smooth road
He could use it to boost his political career.

Bad:
Govt will continue to steal money since they know people will go ahead to build it.
Who will maintain the road when it goes bad and become death trap?
more people will be kill on the road since naija has no road-safety program in place

If I am that BIG MAN, I would rather use that to make people ENFORCE that Govt do their resposibility to the people.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by romeo(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2009
otokx:

MEND militants are kidnapping and stealing Oil for him  wink

Did your Alams and Ibori use their own loot to do even 100m road for you?
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by KnowAll(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2009
if this particular road was contructed by the goverment it would have cost zillions of Naira and within 2 weeks the road would start falling apart. I think it is high time private individuals are allowed to build, collect toll, and maintain roads in Nigeria I beleive that is the way forward.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by Jairzinho(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2009
Really cool
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by BOSS7: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2009
KnowAll:

I think it is high time private individuals are allowed to build, collect toll, and maintain roads in Nigeria I beleive that is the way forward.

Are you serious in saying that this is the way forward? Yes, there're BOOT (Build Own Operate and Transfer) projects, but once everyone start building their own tolls, wouldn't that defeat the purpose? I doubt that's the way forward my friend.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by bronxdog: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2009
Good man - God bless yah.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by JJYOU: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2009
lucabrasi:

now this an awesome feat,please post any details about the man as such an individual deserves being emailed or written to so that he ll continue the excellent job and know how much people appreciate him,lets hope more of these sort of people will spring up in nigeria, hope all the biafra revolutionaries are taking note, this is a man not using his money to cause confusion but doing positive things in his community
nice one everybody lets keep it up. i dont agree with his details being out as all he willl get is more begging letters with the most awful stories that he wont know where to start or who to help.

happy new year to everyone.

remember the NGO & charities thread going on here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-178760.0.html
please lets keep it up. my guys said they reached some of them this christmas with some good news. we should all do what we can to bless our under priviledged people
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by Naijex: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2009
Thank you MR. Ichie Mike Ezenduka. May allah continue to bless you.

At least he knows how to give back to the community.

What has the Gov. done for the state?
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2009
landis:

if this is a PRIVATE road to his house, it is good move.

otherwise, it is mixed feeling.

Good:
People can drive on smooth road
He could use it to boost his political career.

Bad:

Govt will continue to steal money since they know people will go ahead to build it.
more people will be kill on the road since naija has no road-safety program in place

If I am that BIG MAN, I would rather use that to make people ENFORCE that Govt do their resposibility to the people.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Curious though as to why the governor seems to be all over the construction as if it was involved!!!
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by romeo(m): 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2009
Go home and clear some bush over growing along your village path. That will be commendable.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by stanech: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2009
Una blame the guy? Obi is not doing anything and he is not ready to do anything in Anambra state the last I heared was that he is bringing an Igbo version of Microsoft, ask me how that one take be the problem of Anambrarians?

I no blame the guy he has the money and the road too his house is bad so he need to tidy am now.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by Muza(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2009
Eye service!
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by omongbatim: 5:02am On Jan 20, 2011
Show me any hausa/Yoruba who can devote his own money for the common development. To the best of my knowledge, even Dangote has no public infrastructure he has sponsored.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by KaluAkanu: 5:18am On Jan 20, 2011
Is there anymore news on concerning this project?
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 20, 2011
omongbatim:

Show me any hausa/Yoruba who can devote his own money for the common development. To the best of my knowledge, even Dangote has no public infrastructure he has sponsored.
what has this got to do with yoruba ? undecided
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by omongbatim: 5:20am On Jan 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what has this got to do with yoruba ? undecided

Are you blind? oponu
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 20, 2011
omongbatim:

Are you blind? oponu
ode

you can't even throw a tribalistic comment without hurting yourself ?

iwo ti won ti sepe fun to o mo angry angry
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by kcjazz(m): 5:31am On Jan 20, 2011
landis:

Bad:

Was the road safer before now?
How would you use the money to make people enforce government responsibility since as it is they have never known such good road in their community?
One way is to build it and then when it goes bad, the people can stand and say we don't want to go back to our old life anymore. Also, imagine the young people who have seen this happen and if they grow up and become successful they will emulate the good will either through roads or schools. Most villages buy transformers to get electricity from PHCN. Not absolving government from its responsibilities though

Commendable effort, its an eyesore when I see mansions with terrible road access.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by ikennahill: 6:14am On Jan 20, 2011
Ibos are rare gems.the man tried and shd b comended.the gov is a gd man ,some gov will nt allow dt bc of ego problem.they wil play politic wt it and wil eventualy say no.they wil think d man is afta dia job,bt obi did nt think dt way at all.both men are okay.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by asha2: 6:30am On Jan 20, 2011
ikennahill:

Ibos are rare gems.the man tried and shd b comended.the gov is a gd man ,some gov will nt allow dt bc of ego problem.they wil play politic wt it and wil eventualy say no.they wil think d man is afta dia job,bt obi did nt think dt way at all.both men are okay.

reminds me of the Jim Nwobodo/Ekwueme saga of the sceond republic.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 20, 2011
asha 2:

reminds me of the Jim Nwobodo/Ekwueme saga of the sceond republic.
it is common in our society because just a few people actually give out without hidden agenda. grin
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by ekubear1: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2011
Roads are fairly expensive, no? Quite a generous gift to his community.
Re: Anambra Businessman Constructs 4.2km Road by aspabay(m): 8:56am On Jan 20, 2011
I really commend tihs man for tihs selfless service. I dont doubt the genuity of his source of wealth, even at that al least he is using it for the good of the community.
Bravo brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha / UPDATE: Governor Martin Elechi Of Ebonyi State Loses PDP Primaries / Leaked: Ekiti Election Rigging Strategy Involving Obanikoro, Fayose, Chris Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.