Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders (769 Views)

You can’t Islamise Nigeria, Apostle Suleiman warns Buhari / Alledged Plan To Islamise Nigeria: “Methodist Prelate Refutes Report”.. / Buhari Wants To Islamise Nigeria- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
Presidential candidate of the All Progressives
Congress, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has told
Christian clerics that he cannot Islamise the nation.
According to a statement issued on Wednesday,
Buhari said this during a meeting with Catholic
bishops at the Pope John Paul Centre in Abuja.
Buhari said he would always put Nigeria first if
elected into office, adding that when he ruled
Nigeria between December 1983 and August 1985,
he did not impose Islam on any individual.
He said having served in the military, he had been
posted in several parts of the country and served
alongside people of different religions and tribes.
He said the Peoples Democratic Party had succeeded
in misrepresenting him to the Christian community
because they could not sell their candidate
He said, “I would like to solemnly declare that in
spite of what our detractors say, I am not a religious
fanatic of any sort and I have never been. In all my
life, I have never supported extremism of any kind.
Indeed, it is very unfortunate and I feel extremely
sad that I have to give this type of assurance.
“My background is in the army, and there is no doubt
that the military is the most integrated pan-Nigerian
institution. And even today, the military is one of the
institutions that represents the pride of our nation’s
possibilities in unity.
“Compatriots from every corner of this country come
together, work and live together, entrust their lives
to each other and integrate their families. It is a
military where many of my dearest friends, from all
faiths and parts of the country, lost their lives
defending the unity of our nation. That was the
military I served in, and in that military it was
impossible to be a bigot.”
He said in governance, competence should always
come before religion and that was why as head of
state, he appointed 11 Christians as governors out of
the 19 states.
He said religion comes from personal conviction and
should never be used to gain political advantage.
He noted that his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo,
was not only a lawyer but a senior pastor.

www.punchng.com/news/i-cant-islamise-nigeria-buhari-tells-christian-leaders/

Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy
Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
who says he can islamize Nigeria.?

Only God can do that and I know he wouldn't

1 Like

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by SeverusSnape(m): 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
kiss
Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by atakamus: 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
He cannot and will not. These PDP people should leave him alone. The more they lie to Nigerians, the more Nigerian get more sense. These guys have been lying for the past 16 years. Abeg they should park well let us drive past. GMB. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by adehsenior(m): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
GEJ till 2019
The fulani man should retire to his cattle farm
#BuhariBringYourCertifcate

5 Likes

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
Al-Taqiyya...

1 Like

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
[size=78pt]Taqiyya lying muthaphucker[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
atakamus:
He cannot and will not. These PDP people should leave him alone. The more they lie to Nigerians, the more Nigerian get more sense. These guys have been lying for the past 16 years. Abeg they should park well let us drive past. GMB. Sai Buhari.

Taqiyya you lying Muslim scumbag
Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nigeria needs an anti-Balaka movement like what they got going in Central African Republic.
Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by gebest: 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
buhari is more christian than jeg
Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by Trailblazerleo(m): 12:15am On Feb 12, 2015
When I read some of the information on how Buhari ruled Nigeria,how he imprison Alex Ekweme etc and all the wicked things he did to nigerians,is difficult to trust this man with our future.Does it mean Apc can't present another credible candidate like fashole,oshi,Ameachi etc.Why this tyrant and serial failure.

1 Like

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by owobokiri(m): 12:18am On Feb 12, 2015
Too late,. . You are a risk we can easily avoid. Your numerous outbursts on sharia are well documented. Daura needs you more than the whole Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by waternogetemeny: 12:20am On Feb 12, 2015
But u can effect laws that will islamise Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I can’t Islamise Nigeria, Buhari tells Christian leaders by harthonder(m): 12:25am On Feb 12, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Difference Btw GMB & GEJ Quotes, Both Famous N Unfamous / Even Gani Fawehinmi Endorsed Buhari- Spynigeria.com / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Now With Amanpour On Cnn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.