Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,836 members, 7,898,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight (2653 Views)

Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / I Didn’t Get Anything From Jonathan – Edwin Clark / Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 12, 2015
GEJ's only undoing is that he is from a minority ethnic group in Nigeria. To make matters worse, he is a thorough civilian democrat.
If he is successfully schemed out by born to rule majority groups and their worshipers, then, i will never ever support the presidential ambitions of any minority in Nigeria again.
Jonathan achieved more than Obasanjo and Yar adua combined, yet he is being hounded out of office.
if you love Nigeria, you will rise to the defense of this minority president. Minority groups bind Nigeria together. Without them, Nigeria is toast!

17 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 12, 2015
under Obasanjo, northern states defied him and instituted sharia law in their states, yet he worn re-election.
Under Obasanjo, boko haram was born, he failed to stop it, yet he even schemed for a third term.
Truth is like the spear, it kills anyone trying to stop it!

3 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by theV0ice: 12:47am On Feb 12, 2015
Jonathan was his own worst enemy. See Chimamanda diagnose his main problem

"[size=14pt]His response to criticism calcified to a single theme: His enemies were out to get him.[/size] When the Chibok girls were kidnapped, he and his team seemed at first to believe that it was a fraud organized by his enemies to embarrass him"

It was always about him and his desire to remain on the seat whether he met the aspirations of Nigerians or not. I don't blame him rather i put all the blames on OBJ who picked him instead of all the strong achievers in the Niger Delta then. A Donald Duke, Pat Utomi, Atedo Peterside etc would have done far far better. Even Odili with all his baggage could have had a stronger presidency.

Like Chimamanda said again

''[size=14pt]Jonathan floated to power, unprepared, on a serendipitous cloud[/size]''

Well the womb of time is still pregnant with possibilities. He could still spring surprises but blame nobody for his current woes. He's the architect of his own misfortunes.

11 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by mentorandfriend(m): 12:55am On Feb 12, 2015
relchange:
GEJ's only undoing is that he is from a minority ethnic group in Nigeria. To make matters worse, he is a thorough civilian democrat.
If he is successfully schemed out by born to rule majority groups and their worshipers, then, i will never ever support the presidential ambitions of any minority in Nigeria again.
Jonathan achieved more than Obasanjo and Yar adua combined, yet he is being hounded out of office.
if you love Nigeria, you will rise to the defense of this minority president. Minority groups bind Nigeria together. Without them, Nigeria is toast!
I dont defend nonsense. Who is hounding him out of office? Was he hounded in 2011 when we all gave him a landslide victory because we believed in him? Nigerians should learn something about issues-based campaigns and stop wipping up sentiments. If he has done well as you claim, nobody would have been challenging his re-election, but he threw away that chance to a corrupt cabal bent on maximising his ignorance, his naivety, his foo.lishness and his cluelessness. Peter Odili, Donald Duke, etc were south-south intelligent policticians Obasanjo should have picked as VP to Yar Adua, yet he foisted Jonathan on us. history will never be kind to Obasanjo.

17 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 12:57am On Feb 12, 2015
Lets just wait for d out come of d elections bro
I knw Gej has not turn Nigeria into dubai over night but certainly he has done more than d previous civilian & military government but u see
dey decided to use security against him & its obvious if d foreign soldiers are not involved nothing gud will come out of d efforts of mr president because within d army there are supporters of boko haram in large numbers dat gives informations to dem. Their plans is so far working as they hv succeeded in turning some of d masses against him, if he loses, i know someday he will take his rightful place in d history of dis country

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:57am On Feb 12, 2015
I don't know where being delusional will take us all. The problem of Jonathan is neither his ethnic group nor his faith. His plight is bornout of his ineptitude and cluelessness.

Obasanjo never got the support that was given to Jonathan on a platter of gold. He got block vote from the South-West APC, the backing of all the political gladiators and all the sympathetic masses who believed his shoeless mumbo jumbo.

Jonathan has failed this nation by allowing people like Sen. Ndume, Hon. Faruoq Lawal, Allison Madueke, etc to still be in his government. What do we expect from a president who doesn't see difference between corruption and stealing?

8 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 1:00am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

"[size=14pt]His response to criticism calcified to a single theme: His enemies were out to get him.[/size] When the Chibok girls were kidnapped, he and his team seemed at first to believe that it was a fraud organized by his enemies to embarrass him"

It was always about him and his desire to remain on the seat whether he met the aspirations of Nigerians or not. I don't blame him rather i put all the blames on OBJ who picked him instead of all the strong achievers in the Niger Delta then. A Donald Duke, Pat Utomi, Atedo Peterside etc would have done far far better. Even Odili with all his baggage could have had a stronger presidency.

''[size=14pt]Jonathan floated to power, unprepared, on a serendipitous cloud[/size]''

Well the womb of time is still pregnant with possibilities. He could still spring surprises but blame nobody for his current woes. He's the architect of his own misfortunes.
U should hv give her overall take on d person of gej and not picking only d bad side
We humans are quick to judge and condemn
We always focus on d bad side and fogetting d gud side when ever we want to bring someone down

3 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

with all due respect to chimamanda, she knows literature and writing, but knows NOTHING about Nigerian real politick. undecided
of the people you mentioned, the only ones that could have made strong presidents are Utomi and Odili, and the reason is because they are IGBO -a majority ethnic group in Nigeria.

Jonathan is suffering because his ijaw group are paper weights in number. Politics is a game of numbers.
all the northern minority presidents we've had did so almost as hausa/fulani.
Sarduana (ahmadu bello) ruled Nigeria though tafawa balewa was figure head.
Murtala ruled Nigeria, when gowon was figure head, and even kicked gowon out when he wasn't doing his bidding enough.
this is exactly why Igbo people will support GEJ even if it means Nigeria disintegrating. cool

2 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by theV0ice: 1:11am On Feb 12, 2015
relchange:

with all due respect to chimamanda, she knows literature and writing, but knows NOTHING about Nigerian real politick. undecided
of the people you mentioned, the only ones that could have made strong presidents are Utomi and Odili, and the reason is because they are IGBO -a majority ethnic group in Nigeria.

Jonathan is suffering because his ijaw group are paper weights in number. Politics is a game of numbers.
all the northern minority presidents we've had did so almost as hausa/fulani.
Sarduana (ahmadu bello) ruled Nigeria though tafawa balewa was figure head.
Murtala ruled Nigeria, when gowon was figure head, and even kicked gowon out when he wasn't doing his bidding enough.
this is exactly why Igbo people will support GEJ even if it means Nigeria disintegrating. cool

Jonathan had no real support after yar'adua's death because OBJ who had backed their presidency had been set aside by the cabal. It was the common man on the street led by people like Soyinka, Bakare, Odumakin etc that forced the senate to invoke the doctrine of necessity which made him acting president. Even the senators who are now hobnobbing with him now didn't want him to come in. Opposition senators led by Bala Mohammed (FCT minister) were more vocal in Jonathan's support. He rode on the goodwill and his famed 'humility' and 'honesty' to win in 2011 because people wanted 'fresh air'.

If Jonathan had remained with the people and not formed his own cabal of more sinister crooks than previously had, it would have been difficult for APC to make so much inroads into the minds of Nigerians. Duke would have made a very strong leader irrespective of his minority tribe. I dare say PEJ with all her imperfections would have made a stronger (not necessarily better) president.

Jonathan's problem started when he got enmeshed into the arrogance of the PDP (largest party in africa that'll rule for 60 years) and forgot the common man on whose back he rode into office.

8 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by theV0ice: 1:13am On Feb 12, 2015
Kennywills7:

U should hv give her overall take on d person of gej and not picking only d bad side
We humans are quick to judge and condemn
We always focus on d bad side and fogetting d gud side when ever we want to bring someone down

She condemned both GMB and GEJ but she was more harsh on GEJ because he's the sitting president. I only brought out the part i believe affected him the most

2 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by SkyBlue1: 1:21am On Feb 12, 2015
relchange:

All that Jonathan had to do to remain popular was perform, reform, and not run the most corrupt government we have ever seen. Nigerians want better so please save your empty sentiments for yourself. He has also lost a lot of support from the "minorities" whose sensibilities you are trying to pander to with your copy and paste "analysis" and whose lives he has NOT made better; Bayelsa was a dump when he was govenor, and is still a dump now, heck even MEND is supporting "change". And yes, the fact that Obasanjo's government was not fantastic does not justify this one being bad, we want better governments and what is bad is bad. If Obasanjo managed with oil selling at over $100 for majority of his tenure he would have done better. So again, save your empty sentiments for people who can be bothered to swallow it without thinking.

5 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by kokoA(m): 1:23am On Feb 12, 2015
If the best minority ethnic groups can offer Nigeria is GEJ then I'd rather have majority ethnic groups lead me forever.. GEJ is the least qualified south-south politician in terms of leadership qualities to occupy the very complex office of Nigeria's president. #NoOffience.

7 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Adminisher: 1:26am On Feb 12, 2015
relchange:

Why are you guys so afraid of the truth?. Think of the man Jonathan dispassionately and speak the truth please and stop deceiving yourself and annoying people feeling sorry for the wrong person. Let me tell you the truth. Jonathan is no thorough civilian democrat or what did you call him again. He was a middle rank civil servant who was promoted beyond his competence level into the political class and made deputy governor. When people were fighting for democracy in this country he was a school teacher, when Niger Delta struggle was starting and young boys were dying he was making'money in NDDC. Please stop rubbish talk. The man has never given any lecture before public office on democracy, never addressed a public rally before office as deputy governor, never took any risks.

1. Jonathan is not an experienced politician. He is actually less than 16years in politics and leader ship. He was never a social conscience activist, never fought anything for the Niger Delta and so on. Amaechi, Asari and so many others are actually more experienced in dealing with social forces.

2. Jonathan is completely blank ideologically which makes me worried when people dress him in robes of Niger delta champion. This man has never championed anything in his life. On the contrary people have been championing him, from his wife to Alamieyesegha, to Obasanjo, to JP Clarke and so on. He is a composite personality. Th problem with such people usually is they don't usually Oni what they are doing.

3. Jonathan is not a democrat. In fact he is not anything that his currently strongest Godfather does not want him to be ..whoever that Godfather is. If the latest instructions to this man are to prevent any elections and do Interim National Government, that is what will happen. It does not mean that Jonathan thought those thoughts or had any idea about them. It would just be what the owners of the man wanted.

4. Your maudlin sentimentality is annoying. Only the electorate is voting Jonathan out. The electorate supported him against a cabal after Yaradua' s death and gave him a lot of illegal votes in 2011. Now that same electorate has decided to boot him out of office ...pure and simple. God's will has already been done in the life of a man who did not deserve to be President by any worldly criteria. His term is over, somebody else steps in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 1:34am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

She condemned both GMB and GEJ but she was more harsh on GEJ because he's the sitting president. I only brought out the part i believe affected him the most
d part u highlighted were d parts she was more critical of gej and gej is d current president so as an educated person dat u are, u should know dat those in power are criticized more than those seeking power but in d case of APC it got as much criticism as GEjJ's PDP, if u can kindly highlight dat of GMB u will agree with me
Now to more pressing issues
I know many will want to point at security and of course corruption
Security is a global problem u will agree wit me, now d one we have in Nigeria today is religiously & politically motivated and dat makes it a bigger problem because d enemies are from within with d help of outsiders it has grown bigger than d initially thought
Solving it will require help from other countries as our military has bn compromise by sympathizers of boko haram within d army and help is already here and we are seeing d results!
Corruption is a problem from d foundation of dis country
That same system has bn practice over d years
now to gej, we are not in d military where i can just send another to jail, dis is democracy and we have courts, most of these cases drag on there till one even finishes his or her tenure (which i fault)
Now the real thing to do is to do some reform and sanitize dat arm of government
Other aspect of dis he is already on d right by trying to use technology to reduced it though it should hv started long ago but we also know these things take time

The biggest issue i think is unemployment
He inherited a very large number of unemployed youths and we all know there are thousands of fresh graduates every year adding to dat number
Now if we are to solve dis problem d government should b creating not less than 80 thousand jobs per month and d rate will fail down a bit but in other to do this some policies has to b put in place and some sectors of d economy revive e.g are d textile Industry,agricultural sector, steel companies etc but most importantly d need to produce our own products and maintain self sufficiency, so far he has done some good job in automotive/automobile sector whicj i believe will bring employment to some unemployed youths, agricultural sector is also been focus on and dat will also provide employment too, transportation too, taking about d railways will bring employment to some and also ease d movement of people & goods
other are there i hv not mentioned,

Now am not saying he has no faults which many will point our right here now
but d man has laid some good foundations for us to build on as a nation
Propagandas will take us no where
He can do better,
Lets not punish him with all d anger we have for problems dat has accumulated over d years by previous governments
This is not about religion or tribe, let's move this country forward on the path of truth & fairness
Let not allow sentiments becloud our sense of judgment

2 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by halimaabi: 1:35am On Feb 12, 2015
So why can't the qualified south south politicians be found at the corridors of power or even in power,you know why I like nigerians? they are the best in self deceit, ever wondered why oshiomole or a south south man or minority in this case did not become the vice president of APC ?the minorities were schemed out so where's the fairness or are you saying Osinbajo is better than oshiomole?

kokoA:
If the best minority ethnic groups can offer Nigeria is GEJ then I'd rather have majority ethnic groups lead me forever.. GEJ is the least qualified south-south politician in terms of leadership qualities to occupy the very complex office of Nigeria's president. #NoOffience.

2 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 12, 2015
Personally,am disillusioned with the Jonathan government. But APC branding Buhari as the change we need is an insult to our sensibilities. Buhari is from a different generation and there's no way he can be in tandem with the modern Nigeria. Let me put it in perspective. My old boy is a very intelligent and principled man. But they are some decisions he takes and things he does that are not in sync with my own view. This is because we both fall in different generations,and that is the issue with Buhari and the modern Nigeria. Buhari is more or less a recycling. A Fashola candidacy should have made more sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by kokoA(m): 1:47am On Feb 12, 2015
halimaabi:
So why can't the qualified south south politicians be found at the corridors of power or even in power,you know why I like nigerians? they are the best in self deceit, ever wondered why oshiomole or a south south man or minority in this case did not become the vice president of APC ?the minorities were schemed out so where's the fairness or are you saying Osinbajo is better than oshiomole?

Politics is a game of numbers sir.. You need the numbers to get there first before you can effect change.. Why pick Oshiomole or Ameachi when you know they can't fetch you enough south-south votes considering the fact that PDP has a south-south presidential candidate? Is Sambo better than David Mark or any politician from the middle belt? Why did GEJ stick to an uninspiring politician from the core north as his deputy?

3 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by ellechrystal(f): 1:50am On Feb 12, 2015
theV0ice:

She isn't God, n she doesn't know it all.
At this point in time we do not need such long articles, we need something more.
Though some things she said r true, but some were just irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by SkyBlue1: 1:54am On Feb 12, 2015
No10:
Personally,am disillusioned with the Jonathan government. But APC branding Buhari as the change we need is an insult to our sensibilities. Buhari is from a different generation and there's no way he can be in tandem with the modern Nigeria. Let me put it in perspective. My old boy is a very intelligent and principled man. But they are some decisions he takes and things he does that are not in sync with my own view. This is because we both fall in different generations,and that is issue with Buhari and the modern Nigeria. Buhari is more or less a recycling. A Fashola candidacy should have made more sense to me.

I see the point you are trying to make but understand that at the end of the day we have two choices here really, Jonathan or Buhari. Unfortunately, these are our options and the question is, which one would be the "better" of the options. For me I don't see the country continuing the way things are now as a viable option and that is what it has come down to for many people. Again, unfortunately, these are the options, and if anything unseating a non performing and corrupt incumbency for the first time since return to democracy in 1999 can only be good for our democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 12, 2015
SkyBlue1:

I see the point you are trying to make but understand that at the end of the day we have two choices here really, Jonathan or Buhari. Unfortunately, these are our options and the question is, which one would be the "better" of the options. For me I don't see the country continuing the way things are now as a viable option and that is what it has come down to for many people. Again, unfortunately, these are the options, and if anything unseating a non performing and corrupt incumbency for the first time since return to democracy in 1999 can only be good for our democracy.
. May I rephrase your question bro. Being fazed with two evils - another four years of Jonathan or Eight years of Buhari? I would say Jonathan. After 4 years,certainly, we'd have another chance at genuine change. But we are not certain that Buhari would rule for just 4 years,hell,the man may go for 8. And if he doesn't meet the expectations of our generation then 8years is how long we have to wait for that messiah. I don't know about you bro,but I feel that's not a risk worth taking at this juncture of our National existence.

2 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by SkyBlue1: 2:19am On Feb 12, 2015
No10:
. May I rephrase your question bro. Being fazed with two evils - another four years of Jonathan or Eight years of Buhari? I would say Jonathan. After 4 years,certainly, we'd have another chance at genuine change. But we are not certain that Buhari would rule for just 4 years,hell,the man may go for 8. And if he doesn't meet the expectations of our generation then 8years is how long we have to wait for that messiah. I don't know about you bro,but I feel that's not a risk worth taking at this juncture of our National existence.

And you are entitled to your own opinion on that. For me I can't see how much lower Nigeria can sink with the most corrupt presidency we have EVER had, the politics of division and the insecurity. I think very few things can be worse than what currently obtains. Nigeria has made more money in five years of Jonathan than the last decade plus combined with oil selling at the prices they were in most of his tenure. Corruption needs to be tackled and Jonathan has more than showed that he cannot tackle it and is part of it. Don't understand how continuing with this is progressive in any way, but to each their own.

5 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 2:28am On Feb 12, 2015
Am not saying gej is d best we hv in Nigeria but looking at d opposition party u will understand my points more, believe it or not "there are some truths about all those complaining about gej coming from a minority group and dat is y his case is like dis"
Though i choose not to dwell in dat, looking at d political structure of d APC its not morally a political party dat will wipe out corruption as d party itself its been build on corruption!!
lets b honest with ourselves Apc does not represent d kind of change we want, u and i know dat very well, lets not use d anger/ frustration of all previous government to pass judgment on dis present government
i understand no one will finish school and b at home jobless and b happy at d government but lets not allow dat to destroy our sense of reasoning!
APC structure is not good o!
am saying my mind now, if they can disqualify but parties and their politicians for d younger generation it would hv bn better but dat can't b possible as of now
& even d younger generation has to be well guilded else we find ourselves in dis same situation

2 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 12, 2015
The day GEJ would be announced the winner, I know some people will not be able to survive the shock. Just continue ranting here believing Buhari has won.By the time the elections are over you will understand what is meant by "power of incumbency"

3 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by SkyBlue1: 2:36am On Feb 12, 2015
Kennywills7:
Am not saying gej is d best we hv in Nigeria but looking at d opposition party u will understand my points more, believe it or not "there are some truths about all those complaining about gej coming from a minority group and dat is y his case is like dis"
Though i choose not to dwell in dat, looking at d political structure of d APC its not morally a political party dat will wipe out corruption as d party itself its been build on corruption!!
lets b honest with ourselves Apc does not represent d kind of change we want, u and i know dat very well, lets not use d anger/ frustration of all previous government to pass judgment on dis present government
i understand no one will finish school and b at home jobless and b happy at d government but lets not allow dat to destroy our sense of reasoning!
APC structure is not good o!
am saying my mind now, if they can disqualify but parties and their politicians for d younger generation it would hv bn better but dat can't b possible as of now
& even d younger generation has to be well guilded else we find ourselves in dis same situation

I don't understand people like you I really don't. How many times has APC run the country? None, and yet after admitting the failure of PDP you are so fixed in your view that we must continue with them because you are sure they are not good even though the APC has not democratically held the presidency. I don't get it, do you people enjoy no light, unemployment and insecurity and reading of looted funds all the time? You people just enjoy suffering, Unbelievable!!

2 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 2:50am On Feb 12, 2015
SkyBlue1:

I don't understand people like you I really don't. How many times has APC run the country? None, and yet after admitting the failure of PDP you are so fixed in your view that we must continue with them because you are sure they are not good even though the APC has not democratically held the presidency. I don't get it, do you people enjoy no light, unemployment and insecurity and reading of looted funds all the time? You people just enjoy suffering, Unbelievable!!
Like i hv mentioned in my previous posts, I would hv gladly supported any political party with a better candidate! but looking at d APC, its no different from d PDP we used to know, The political structures of d APC is well build on corruption! There is no denying of dat fact
APC is dominated by thieves, i mean well know thieves! tell me what manner of change are they going to give us?
A party seeking for power yet doing all it can to take d seat whether done illegally its really of no concern to them judging by their actions and inactions!
A party so desperate for power like this cannot make a good government

1 Like

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 2:53am On Feb 12, 2015
SkyBlue1:

About admitting d failures of government, bro don't b sentimental d Bulk of APC structure today all hv roots to d PDP now set dat aside if u are sincere u will agree with me
dat our entire political structure has failed us not just d PDP or APC but d entire political structure
Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Caseless: 2:55am On Feb 12, 2015
relchange:
if you choose to be dull and not see things with ethnic mindset, then, we can't make you a smart person. The most foolish post of the year is here without any election to pick the worst post for the year.
Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by SkyBlue1: 3:04am On Feb 12, 2015
Kennywills7:

About admitting d failures of government, bro don't b sentimental d Bulk of APC structure today all hv roots to d PDP now set dat aside if u are sincere u will agree with me
dat our entire political structure has failed us not just d PDP or APC but d entire political structure

Keep looking for excuses to defend the irrationality of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Others have decided to try something different, to at the least send a message to the political class that they should not take it for granted that they would always win, hence the need to perform.

3 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Caseless: 3:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Kennywills7:

you know why they say black people are so backward? It is because we don't try new things, we see everything as the same. You have truncated your own line of thought by concluding that Apd is not different from pdp- and that's why you are a Blackman. For God's sake, pdp is using their 1999 manifesto , which has not yielded the needed development in 16 years , while Apc just drafted theirs last year. You have not gone through the manifesto of the 2 major parties and try to see how they have implemented some of the provisions of their manifesto in some of the Apc/pdp states and you are drawing conclusion already.

Pdp has not worked in 16 years, permit us to try another party and if they don't work, we kick them out, too.

We are not intellectually arid to stick to something(pdp) that's not working

5 Likes

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 3:17am On Feb 12, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Keep looking for excuses to defend the irrationality of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Others have decided to try something different, to at the least send a message to the political class that they should not take it for granted that they would always win, hence the need to perform.
Bro if u call trying d APC, trying something different then u have bn intentionally reading d parts of my post dat u can counter which i intentionally added too
But for d records trying APC is not trying something new rather its a continuation of d bad leadership we have experience over d years dat regrouped themselves with a common interest of ousting gej not for u or me but for personal gains and interest.
In other words, i see nothing new but negative changes which is not d desire of d Nigerian pple,
If ur candidate wins i will b bold enough to congratulate u and watch things unfold but hoping for d best! Let d brotherly luv continue
Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Kennywills7(m): 3:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Caseless:
you know why they say black people are so backward? It is because we don't try new things, we see everything as the same. You have truncated your own line of thought by concluding that Apd is not different from pdp- and that's why you are a Blackman. For God's sake, pdp is using their 1999 manifesto , which has not yielded the needed development in 16 years , while Apc just drafted theirs last year. You have not gone through the manifesto of the 2 major parties and try to see how they have implemented some of the provisions of their manifesto in some of the Apc/pdp states and you are drawing conclusion already.

Pdp has not worked in 16 years, permit us to try another party and if they don't work, we kick them out, too.

We are not intellectually arid to stick to something(PDP) that's not working
When i was referring to APC being d same as PDP, i was referring to d PDP preside over by obj, as dis set of PDP is a much better party than d old PDP , though there still some elements of d old PDP here in time they will all find their way but as of now its still better than those i see in APC with some few exceptions (though still hv some questionable projects hanging over their heads) bro am truthful in my ways i admit where we are going wrong but D APC i know is always right no wrongs, they are all saints,.
Mind u even though i may b defending PDP in some ways now, i assure u am voting candidate(s) too
Talking about 16years all those in d APC hv bn involved in government one way or d other so should b hold accountable too maybe few a few individual exceptions

Pls stick to d line and stop dis issue of Blackman here except u want to tell me we blacks are incapable of ruling ourselves like d white made us to believe!

1 Like

Re: Main Lesson From Jonathan's Plight by Capitano1(m): 3:40am On Feb 12, 2015
Op you are been sentimental not only that you are clannish...Ethnocentrism has never helped a nation before and won't now.which one be minority talk.is that the matter at hand.Is obama not from one ,yet he won a reelection. Your man isn't capable just get that straight.Light,security,employment, and even the naira value is alarming.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Barcanista ............. / PDP Crisis: President Gej’s Men Produce Evidence Of Corruption By NWC Members / Photos: Catholic Bishops Visit Pres. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.