Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,848 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Ultimate Valentines - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ultimate Valentines (441 Views)

Happy Valentines Day Nairaland!!! / What Are Your Plans For Valentines Day? / Check Out This Pix Of Valentines Day Far Back 1965 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Valentines by dghostwriter: 4:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
Last years valentine was a shameless bore, it was lackluster and bedridden staring at me straight in the eyes waiting for a reaction like it dared me to do my worse, I had been so frustrated that I walked out on it came back with a gun and shot it dead, wide eyed I killed it, cupid was silly and didn't deserve a second chance, the long and short of it is this; I didn't have a Val date last year and while it may not have bothered me so much it did in some kind of way, when I got out to see couples holding hands, kissing and being all mushy like this single Lady wasn't sitting beside them at the cinema, across them at the eatery an right above them in the shopping mall, the same freaking pair everywhere i went in their washed up red shirts, such idiots....my consolation was the fact that they would be broke come 15th...I was not jealous though, I couldn't have been jealous, even though my horoscope for that day clearly stated "you will be jealous today" I wasn't!
So at the end of the day I stopped by at crunchies got myself a plate of rice garnished with beef, plantain and salad. I didn't forget to pick up a bottle of wine then made my way back to my house! I was overwhelmed to see a valentine present on my bed, I rushed for it and tore the sheets open, "what could it be, who is it from?" The tiny voice in my head repeated excitedly like a maniac, it was a new set of undies and I had bought it myself...I had a foresight what my day could have been like, sigh! what's greater than self love huh? So I spent the rest of the day eating my meal engrossed in vampires diaries...did you know Elena and Damon made some good love in season 5 smh!
This year's valentine although I can't say the same of, this year I was determined to have the valentines of a life time; be at the movies when others were and kiss when others did, didn't matter if I kissed a person or a thing! So I planned ahead of the valentine sending steady signals to this cute guy I liked in hopes that he would respond to which he eventually did! We got talking, one thing leading to the other he asked that I be his val date; I literally did a mental shoki for 15mins placing my hands incessantly on my eyelids for my haters to see and weep, I then explained to him that I wasn't exactly one for selective love display emphasizing that I believed love was expressed in the little acts daily and not by matching coloured vest, good a thing he wasn't a valentines person either, so we agreed to have a Valentine's day with a theme "contempt to love" it was going to be the best val day ever, we felt like a match made in heaven!
Days hurried by and the said day did come, we were so excited that we wore matching vest, this day was going to be epic; we stacked our bags with straws, little folded pieces of papers and lots of sachet water! The plan was to ruin Valentine's day for all, so we set out at 6pm to play anti cupid minions.
Did we have a plan mapped out? Of course! We were going to throw spit balls and water at as many love birds as we could, we had been a bit skeptical at the consequences of our actions at first but whatever were we minions for? So we set out tossing sachets and sachets of water at lovers from the over-head bridge; laughing when possible, docking when needed and running almost every time. We even staged an engagement at the cinema, disrupting several people from their movies then laughed in their faces and ran out the door, the best part you may ask? The http://uncircumcisedwriter..com/2015/02/the-ultimate-valentines.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

What Makes A Bad Guy And Lady? / I Need A Serious Lady 4 Dating 25\40 Am Seun From Lagos,08024125191 / Strange Obsession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.