Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,483 members, 7,885,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification (21151 Views)

Degree As Minimum Teaching Qualification. - FG / Education Stakeholders Divided Over Minimum Teaching Qualification / FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by lordsharks(m): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2015
CLEARINGAGENT:
Tins are happening in dis few days to election. Its good anyway.
Realy?
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 20, 2015
iokaru:
,kjhbvjhv
it's kjv nad dis..
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by chamboy(m): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2015
The Richest Man in The world is a Teacher, quote me and I will explain to u
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by siraj1402(m): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2015
Some people will get job some will loose but FG should remember that many people will have passion for teaching in as much the offer is ok,not that of private schools where experience graduate is offered 15k.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Ikegift4real(m): 10:44am On Feb 20, 2015
Bad news
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Ojeilevbare(m): 10:44am On Feb 20, 2015
Can dey pay graduates?
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Elypsis(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2015
Abi ds Shekarau na bastard ni?.....how NCE,OND and HND holders go come do am?? E be like say d guy don dey reason thru hin anus o....
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Ikegift4real(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2015
ndi mgbu
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 20, 2015
Another set of old men and women will go jobless this time again ? Is there any problem with the system, it's been like dis for long , don't be too clueless to cause more wahala to dis country
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by justhelp(m): 10:58am On Feb 20, 2015
What do u expect from someone that was appointed by the clueless one.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by ethylene: 10:58am On Feb 20, 2015
grin grin I will be laughing not until I see a young blooded graduate, elected into high positions which also includes the office of the federal republic. That's when I will believe that A physical CHANGE has occurred
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by ckmayoca: 11:00am On Feb 20, 2015
If that's the case, they shld shut down other institutions like college of education, instead of collecting the students money wit no usefulness of the certificate. U can run COED and says their cert won't be useful.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by ethylene: 11:01am On Feb 20, 2015
gladpresh:
it's kjv nad dis..
Do you mean to mean King James Version? grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by hasonjack: 11:03am On Feb 20, 2015
Hope they wont sack present teachers. How many degree holders will they get to teach? Oh Jonathan said he will create unemployment.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by AreaFada2: 11:08am On Feb 20, 2015
Zico5:
These people re just bringing ideas that re detrimental to the well being of the masses. With the rate of unemployment and great number of NCE holders in circulation, how will they cater for non degree holders. The only sustaining means for all educated now being ND, NCE, HND and degree is teaching. So re they going to enforce private schools owners not to employ less than Degree now fully well that some of them re paying less than 20k. Talk is relatively cheap in Nigeria but we shall see

In some areas, some private schools pay 6k to 10k per month. NCE holders for that matter.

Upon all the stress. You go nearly weep for them.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by okokhaerat(m): 11:12am On Feb 20, 2015
Dem dey mad, God purnish them. What nw happens to other certificate holders? Unemployment @ large again
simplemach:
Ok, teachers in trouble now. When they stop using NCE holders as teachers, will they scrap the program in skuls or will they still allow students to go there, waste their time and come out?
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Ventura1: 11:13am On Feb 20, 2015
Another clueless decision from a clueless administration. What will happen to NCE graduates embarassed

1 Like

Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by adahgold(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2015
Y is d minister of education complicating tinz,y did he talk about dere salaries? He should go back to dey drawing board..
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by j4sure(m): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2015
THATS OK

Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by hermesprogidy(m): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2015
Not a bad idea, but is it sustainable? undecided why not improve the capacity of current teachers and create incentives to motivate them to improve themselves. I don't think it's only a problem of teacher qualification, but rather it's a question of morale and motivation. If government decides to pay teachers reasonably, then the profession will naturally start attracting degree holders and the likes and this will naturally phase out NCE holders because you would rather employ a degree holder than an NCE holder (more like survival of the fittest) and of course this will have ripple effects down the value chain, but what do I know? undecided undecided
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by kenny987(f): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2015
Instead of unifying cut-off marks for Unity schools, he's raising d bar to first degree! Dem see say Finland dey use Masters as minimum, are our public schools fit for human habitation, not talk of graduates spending d better part of their day there? Why even insult graduates when the highest political office holder in d land does not need to have university degree yet he is the No. 1 citizen n ruler/leader!
They can see that sum ppl who value education require a masters degree for teachers but they just get blind when they see good roads, amenities n infrastructure, health care, electricity and order! The public schools in those places are most likely better dan sum of our private schools here o! in short, na God go punish dese ppl finish!
Can dey pay befitting salaries to graduates abi na to make noise say minimum standard na uni degree but u won't even make sure they're properly remunerated...yeye people!
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Youngzedd(m): 11:20am On Feb 20, 2015
Good development.

That will start from new teachers.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by UTMOST10(m): 11:29am On Feb 20, 2015
lordsharks:
That should increase the Quality of teachers in Naija

Who told u that? Though, I also bagged degree but I can tell u that those that have NCE will perform better to those with degrees cos going to college of education is like going to training n research school!
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Johnnoo(m): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2015
[size=20pt]...& they will make office of the Presidency minimum of Standard Six Certificate[/size] grin grin grin
Nigeria leaders dey krase undecided
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by damimola(m): 11:35am On Feb 20, 2015
The Nigerian education ministry need to seat down and re-evaluate our educational system,make necessary adjustment before they take steps with no consideration.Most countries have a practical based B.ed program for all education courses and you cant just wake up one day and say you want to start teaching.We have universities,universities of Education and college of education all issuing different degrees.What becomes of NCE,Bsc holders. I believe it is simple, we don't believe in the degrees or graduates we produce. A situation where there are less B.ed graduate in the education sector compare to the B.sc etc or more Banking and finance graduates outside the bank or not employed by the banks.
We should get it right,first we should stop duplicating degrees and programmes in higher institutions,then the studies should be more practical than theoretical and every other thing taken seriously.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by EagleScribes: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2015
Teaching is one of most unpaid, unrewarded and underrated profession in our society. I see this idea as another symptom of cluelessness.

If you are related to someone in the teaching profession, you will understand what I mean.

By the way, how many of our LGA chairmen have university degrees? I wonder if politicians will make heaven at all
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by tkwo: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=Akbee post=30901947][/quote]
does this mean that all COE will be scrapped? and what will happen to all teachers with NCE cert? angry will this not create more unemployment? i think the fedral Gov needs to check all these before making statement.

Lagos has already made it compulsory for all senior class teachers to be degree holders while junior class teachers are NCE holders. this is what i expect Fedral govt. to do.

Also i want to advise fed govt to try and upgrade all NCE up to level of awarding B.ed. this will help.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by nickydof(m): 11:37am On Feb 20, 2015
Another stupid policy that will be characterized by the principle of 'policy somersault'. What is the essense of colleges of educations? Efficiency in teaching is not really a function of the degree one parades. Its innate. A degree can only increase this ability.

Retract your steps b4 you make a fool of yourselves, FG!
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by andyanders: 11:40am On Feb 20, 2015
Our leaders are like people suffering from mouth Diarrhea as a result of saying what they cannot fulfill. This a government that cannot pay teachers and even the minimum wages across the country.

Those countries that employ these university graduates are ready to pay them.Go and see how many teachers that get their salaries end of the month.Nonsense.
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by nickydof(m): 11:43am On Feb 20, 2015
Minimum requirement to become president is WAYEC!

Minimum requirement to teach in a primary school is Bachelors degree!

What kind of country have the above policies? Its crazy!
Re: FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification by Akinz0126(m): 11:46am On Feb 20, 2015
Not until when teachers are well recognised in the society's. until teachers are handsomely paid for the service rendered. what a dullard govt we have in Nigeria's.Most of this our so called leaders need to enrol into adult education programme and E-teaching programme then,they can make rational,logical,profound and intelligent decisions on National issues.The youth are realy sleeping in this country Until when they wake up from slumber then they can fight for their right.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Converting HND To Degree Is Absurd" By Punch Editorial Board / Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / Top 20 Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.