Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,581 members, 7,978,925 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:02 PM

Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate (35622 Views)

Retired Generals Warn Military To Stay Out Of Politics / Adeleke's Death & Coroner: Grace Titi-Laoye Tomori & Amobi Contradict Each Other / Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by henryangelo: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2015
allanphash7:
Weather you like am, weather you no like am the thing be say............

BUHARI IS NIGERIA NEXT PRESIDENT COME MAY 2015
Wake up
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by henryangelo: 10:35am On Feb 25, 2015
PrinceMario:
Dumb.ass. it either you have the inability to comprehend or u've been infected with cluelesness and don't even know what the post read. SW governors and their profession,i know its so disheartening that ur fayose is nothing but a certified tout.

Take heart,he can still enrol in one of the GEJ bakery.
Am sure he is more educated than Buhari, atleast he has a certificate will buhari is still searching for his,may be after failing for the last time OBJ will employ him in ota farm
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by henryangelo: 10:39am On Feb 25, 2015
Buhari should be thankful to GEJ for building Almajeri schools so that his relative will have no reason for forgery and the disgrace he brought to himself
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by jomoh: 10:52am On Feb 25, 2015
Tranquill:

You are wrong bro. You should read Obasanjo's statement very well. Buhari's was admitted 4 years after Obasanjo and I think Tarfa was same time or few years after Buhari.

The Military said they only have a recommendation letter from Buhari's principal that says he believes that HE WILL PASS HIS WASC and Buhari is yet to refute this.

It should not be forgotten because it has to do with rules and the law which are the main essence of democracy especially if we desire for a better society where no one is above the law.

Read my comment again brother.

I didn't say obasanjo got it wrong. I said he was clear with his assertion that certificates was a criteria used by the military.

"You think tarfa was same time or few years after buhari". You are not sure yourself of Tarfa's drafting period. I don't know the Tarfa guy but the use of the word "Nigerian-nising" shows this guy must've being before OBJ. Remember there were the likes of Muritala, Yakubu Gowon before OBJ.

So tell me clearly where you think am wrong.

On the issue of forgetting. You're right that we should scrutinize our aspiring leaders but the people fighting the case in court knows its a lost cause. Even if some people see GMB has illiterate do you think he wouldn't have seek extensive legal advises before doing what he did or do you think he doesn't know what he was saying that those against him should go to court and remain there. The man knows what he's done/doing and he won't be distracted by the certificate issue. Remember he has a lot of lawyers on his party and his running mate is a constitutional professor of law. A constitutional lawyer.

"The Military said". My brother, we might have a differing opinion but you will agree with me that this present Military has been corrupted to suit the PDP purpose. The case of Ekiti election audio is still fresh in mind, so anything coming from the military cannot be totally trusted. Also if you remember, he said his credentials were carted away by the military during the coup. Meaning there couldn't have been a record of submission of the certificate therefore it was easy for a corrupted military to deny its existence in their custody. The overall meaning of "his credentials being with the Military" is just to save the image of the military of which he belonged to instead of accusing the military of stealing his documents.

The man has submitted his affidavit which is a legally acceptable document. Until the affidavit is rendered null and void by a court of law, the man is still legally qualified.
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by nzeadachie: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2015
henryangelo:

Am sure he is more educated than Buhari, atleast he has a certificate will buhari is still searching for his,may be after failing for the last time OBJ will employ him in ota farm
HE CAN NOT WORK FOR OBASANJO, HE WILL JOING HIS BROTHERS SOMEWHERE

Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Forwetinnah: 11:26am On Feb 25, 2015
hansad:

Nothing.

If Buhari has WASC, he could gave dug it out long ago to shame his critics.

All of Nigeria cannot spark because the courts ruled that Buhari {who must have failed to take WASC exam before he joined the officer cadet corp of Nigeria Army} is not qualified to contest next presidential election.

INEC has WASC on its official Notice Board as Buhari's pressumed academic qualification to contest election to possibly become Nigeria's president.

There could not have been any country in the world in 1961 where someone who did not have basic secondary school leaving certificate could be GENUINELY admitted into officers cadet corps of the country's armed forces.

An Emir's letter must have smuggled Buhari without WASC into the officers cadet course then.

The "namu namu ne connection". Southerners don suffer aswear. Even with all the privileges these people have, alot of them still refuse to go to school

1 Like

Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by ARBITRAGEUR: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2015
PrinceMario:

Please kindly fill in the blank space.

South West Governors and their profession

1) Lagos State Governor ------ Lawyer/SAN

2) Ogun State Governor -------- Chartered
Accountant

3) Osun State Governor -------- Engineer

4) Ondo State Governor -------- Medical Doctor

5) Oyo State Governor------- Business
Administrator/ (BA, MBA)

5) Ekiti State Governor ----------- Microbiologist

Google is your friend.
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Tranquill: 11:41am On Feb 25, 2015
jomoh:

Read my comment again brother.

I didn't say obasanjo got it wrong. I said he was clear with his assertion that certificates was a criteria used by the military.

"You think tarfa was same time or few years after buhari". You are not sure yourself of Tarfa's drafting period. I don't know the Tarfa guy but the use of the word "Nigerian-nising" shows this guy must've being before OBJ. Remember there were the likes of Muritala, Yakubu Gowon before OBJ.

So tell me clearly where you think am wrong.

On the issue of forgetting. You're right that we should scrutinize our aspiring leaders but the people fighting the case in court knows its a lost cause. Even if some people see GMB has illiterate do you think he wouldn't have seek extensive legal advises before doing what he did or do you think he doesn't know what he was saying that those against him should go to court and remain there. The man knows what he's done/doing and he won't be distracted by the certificate issue. Remember he has a lot of lawyers on his party and his running mate is a constitutional professor of law. A constitutional lawyer.

"The Military said". My brother, we might have a differing opinion but you will agree with me that this present Military has been corrupted to suit the PDP purpose. The case of Ekiti election audio is still fresh in mind, so anything coming from the military cannot be totally trusted. Also if you remember, he said his credentials were carted away by the military during the coup. Meaning there couldn't have been a record of submission of the certificate therefore it was easy for a corrupted military to deny its existence in their custody. The overall meaning of "his credentials being with the Military" is just to save the image of the military of which he belonged to instead of accusing the military of stealing his documents.

The man has submitted his affidavit which is a legally acceptable document. Until the affidavit is rendered null and void by a court of law, the man is still legally qualified.

Why I refered you to obasanjo's comment was because he clearly stated that when he joined the army 4 years before Buhar that it was the criteria to have the Cambidge Cert or equivalent and anyone who joined with or after him most definitely has it. If you read the link provided you will see that Tarfa was even junior to Buhari being a commandant of the NDA while Buhari was head of state and he sounded like they were in secondary school about the same time.

I am not the one that thinks that academic certificate should be a criteria to judge one's abilty to hold a position but if that is what the law says it must be obeyed. Remember even when Sadam knew he didnt have chemical weapons or other armours he was still daring the U.S and her allies thinking he would scare them away. That GMB has so many lawyers is not enough to think that the case would not sail through. If you've ever had a bad case in court you will admit with me that your lawyers will always give you hope until the day you get the judgement. Great lawyers like Rotimi Williams and Gani Fawehinmi were still losing cases in courts till they died so Osinbajo being on Buhari's side is no assurance.

It was actually Buhari that draged the army into this. The army never awarded him the WASC (West African School Certificate) that he claimed in his INEC form that he has so why refere INEC to the army instead of going to the institution that awarded it to get a duplicate copy or alternative documentation? He thought mentioning the army will make people not to ask further questions but not knowing that Nigerians are wiser now. If the constitution does not specify school cert why did he not mention in his INEC form what else that qualifies him to contest instead of WASC that he knows he doesnt have.

In advanced society Buhari would have folded his campaign and apologised to Nigerians by now instead of trying to hide under legal bottle neck and delay in the judicial processes while still claiming he wants to build a corruption free and better society.
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by princegoam: 11:56am On Feb 25, 2015
Ekiti governor is also a graduate. He is having BA in political thuggery.
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
With or without certificate even if buhari present fatima bread receipt as certificate I wud vote for him. smiley
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Oiselenjakhian(m): 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by macof(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
Obasanjo might have needed his school certificate to enter the army but at that time northerners weren't required to have any such thing, even till now northern universities matriculate people with less than 180 in Jamb
The protocol is always different in the North
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by macof(m): 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
Duru1:
I guess Olusegun Obasanjo shall remain a fool for a very long time. One of the majors reasons that precipitated January 15, 1966 coup was that government of Nigeria under the Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa had allowed indigenes of northern region of Nigeria without a secondary school certificate to be commissioned as officers in Nigerian armed forces while denying such opportunity to southerners, especially the Igbo chaps with at least Grade 2 in WASC.

Exactly. Protocol always different for northerners.
We aren't living in the same country
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by anwo247: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
OgenemaroKessy:
Please forget all this old papa's
Assuming Naija believe in Youthful governance, wetin for concern all these old school with Our country's political post. ****(Youth leaders of tomorrow my foot****)

My brother, we are now leaders of next tomorrow. Nonsense...

1 Share

Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by poseidon12: 2:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
Of course I believe Gen. Paul Tarfa is the one saying the truth. Gen. Obasanjo is just playing to the gallery.
That Gen. Obasanjo was required to present his school certificate to join the army does not mean that everyone else from the north would be required to present same before being enlisted. This is Nigeria. After all, minimum JAMB score requirements are different for different states.
Having said that, it's my opinion that we should leave this certificate issue alone. Gen.Buhari's level of education is far above school certificate. PDP should campaign on issues and stop wasting time on frivolities.
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
Why are people wasting their time here again. Some items do not deserve frontpage on Nairaland again after the election postponement having deliberated upon such issues before.

The first thing they used is age. Peter Obi said Nigeria does not require a 72yrs old grand pa as Head of State. Having attended university in the East, I know them better. I asked a question, How old was Zik in 1983? How old was Ekueme in 2003 & 2007. If elections were to be held in 1987 Zik would have still contested. They have no problem with that.

They should go and find out if Emeka Ojukwu joined the Army with Primary School Certificate. I learnt he hid his masters from Oxford University to be able to join as recruit before he was discovered by the colonial soldiers.

Is there no difference between Training school in Kaduna and Royal Defence Academy? Even if awaiting result was allowed to sit for exam to enter Kaduna does it mean that passing out of Kaduna is a requirement for Royal Defence Academy?

I would not know how it was done in those days. A ba tureshi can never be admitted as an officer cadet. Even in our time in the mid 80s, people with fake results are detected later and expelled
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Realist2: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
[quote
author=Duru1 post=31055906]I guess Olusegun Obasanjo shall remain a
fool for a very long time. One of the majors reasons that precipitated
January 15, 1966 coup was that government of Nigeria under the Prime
Minister Tafawa Balewa had allowed indigenes of northern region of
Nigeria without a secondary school certificate to be commissioned as
officers in Nigerian armed forces while denying such opportunity to
southerners, especially the Igbo chaps with at least Grade 2 in WASC.
Tanx you for this comment.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Realist2: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=RollySexy post=31067806]With or without certificate even if buhari present fatima bread receipt as certificate I wud vote for him. :It's a BIG SORRY FOR You,enhmmmm, future leader
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
PrinceMario:

Please kindly fill in the blank space.

South West Governors and their profession

1) Lagos State Governor ------ Lawyer/SAN

2) Ogun State Governor -------- Chartered
Accountant

3) Osun State Governor -------- Engineer

4) Ondo State Governor -------- Medical Doctor

5) Oyo State Governor------- Business
Administrator/ (BA, MBA)

5) Ekiti State Governor ----------- ...............
..........?

With all these you want make we accept person wey no get waec?

2 Likes

Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
ziccoit:
I know of a man about 50yrs of age that once worked with the military. He confirmed his original school certificate is with the military. He said the reason for such is to make resignation of appointment difficult for their personnels. If a 50yrs old officer could not locate his original certificate how much more a 76yrs old retired general?
I also know many nairalanders that can invent stories like lion Mohammed just to deceive people

2 Likes

Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by umukorophillip(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
ProfLogan:
You really don't need a soothsayer to tell you that buhari's certificate does note even exist
i dey tells u guy
Re: Two Retired Generals Contradict Each Other On Buhari's Certificate by umukorophillip(m): 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
we shall soon knw the koko behind the certificate.i just dey laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Cannot Treat People Like Garbage And Worship God - Zahra Buhari / Gunmen Evacuate Boko Haram Members, Others From Kuje Prison / Rivers LGA Polls: Police Cart Away Voting Materials, Disrupt Collation (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.