Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,065 members, 7,906,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

We Need Captain Sagir To Validate The Ekiti Leaked Tape – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Captain Sagir To Validate The Ekiti Leaked Tape – Jonathan (439 Views)

Shettima Denies Involvement In Leaked Tape On Igbos' Request For Biafra / Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army / Ekiti Rigging: Interview With Captain Sagir Koli Who Recorded Meeting - Sahara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Need Captain Sagir To Validate The Ekiti Leaked Tape – Jonathan by Dotun9: 11:15am On Feb 26, 2015
The controversy surrounding the leaked Ekiti audio by Captain Sagir Koli took a different dimension when President Goodluck Jonathan said he could not investigate the audio because it was not real while also claiming that he hasn’t listened to it.

As the furore gathered more momentum while being pressed further by the main opposition party, the All Progressives Congress to investigate the tape, the president later revealed that the unavailability of the Captain to come out of his hiding and authenticate the tape as he was told by the Department of State Security was why he couldn’t investigate the matter.

It will noted that after Captain Koli escaped, his 15-year-old brother, Ahmadu Koli, a pupil of Army Children School, who was staying with him, was arrested and tortured at a military facility in Ibadan Oyo, and detained for about five months.

The Captain escaped after he was tipped off about the order from the army hierarchy to arrest him.

“In fact, when this story came up, I asked the DG Department of State Security Service if they had investigated the matter, and he told me that they had some investigations, and then called for the person who claimed he recorded it and that he disappeared and nobody can reach him,” Mr. Jonathan said.

“There was no formal petition before them, but because of the general interest, they wanted to have him interviewed to know where this was coming from. If someone comes up with a spurious allegation that has no substance and the person disappears, of course, what do you want me to do? Definitely, anytime we get him, he’ll have to substantiate his allegations. There is a lot of false stories being circulated and it is very sad,” he added.

The President did not explain why Mr. Koli needed to validate the recording before investigations could be launched into the scandal and he also did not say whether security agencies must always wait for petitions before investigating weighty issues such as the Ekiti rigging scandal.

“I have not watched the video (it is an audio recording, not video). I said that it was a fabrication because, you see, people now, especially with the social media; we could be here and discuss issues and somebody will hack some of our voices and create a story that never happened,” he said.

“Therefore I am not saying that a meeting in question was held or not held, but the issue of conspiring to rig, I said it was a fabrication,” he said.

It will, however be noted that the All Progressives Congress was implicated in the tape where a principal actor said they had to be at alert because he had learnt the APC were scheming how to rig the elections.

The question begging for answer is Can the tape be proven to mean a conspiracy to rig was actually taking place especially with evidence of APC being involved in rigging contained in this same Ekiti recording and other audiovisual evidence in the cloud?

http://www.theheraldng.com/need-captain-sagir-validate-ekiti-leaked-tape-jonathan/
Re: We Need Captain Sagir To Validate The Ekiti Leaked Tape – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 26, 2015
Oga Gej, the captain is on the run for his life!
We knew the rigging is real and the plotters have indirectly admitted they're present in that meeting.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Rigging Tape: You Are On Your Own PDP Tells Fayose, Moisture, Obanikoro / First Solar-wind Hybrid Demonstration Plant Commissioned In Niger / Fg’s Annual Budget Is N20tn, Not N4.3tn – Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.