Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana (1500 Views)

Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators / I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega / INEC Denies Jega's Terminal Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by skyfall: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lagos lawyer, Femi Falana, has said that the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Atahiru Jega, cannot go on terminal leave or resign as speculated.
Mr. Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, said this while speaking to journalists during the Nigerians United for Democracy rally held at Ojota, Lagos on Saturday.

He maintained that the INEC chair is not a civil servant and thus cannot go on terminal leave.
“There is no provision…Jega has a 5 year tenure which is renewable under section 155 of the constitution. There is no provision for sabbatical or terminal leave. Jega is not a civil servant to be ordered by the head of service to proceed on leave and in any case, you can’t go on leave when the basic duty for which the constitution has appointed you is been performed so there is no room for resignation or sabbatical leave,” Mr. Falana said.

He maintained that the general elections cannot be further postponed stating that the constitution states that elections must hold 30 days before handing over date.
“Constitutionally, elections cannot be further postponed; if the government does it, it will be asking for anarchy and there is no provision for it in the constitution. The president has repeatedly assured Nigerians that there is no room for interim national government.

“We have also been told that there will be no coup, therefore, we have to operate within the ambit of the law and that is why you cannot go beyond April 11 to conduct election because under the constitution, election must be held not later than 30 days to the handing over date. That means all the elections must be completed before April 29,” he said.

Mr. Falana said the rally was not in support of any political party but to warn the government not to tamper with the new election dates.
“The government has said those dates are sacrosanct, but we are only here to warn them that if there is any attempt to thinker with those dates, we would mobilise Nigerians to throw out all the antics of anti-democratic system”.

He urged the armed forces not to interfere with electoral process stressing that it is not their duty to determine when elections will be held.
“We expect that the government will appreciate that Nigerian people will not allow any further postponement of the election dates. We also want the armed forces to stay clear of democratic process. It’s not their business to determine when to hold election. Just like other Nigerians, they have the fundamental right to vote for a candidate of their choice, but they have no right to tell INEC when to hold election and when not to hold to hold election,” he said.
He reminded the current administration of how past governments who attempted to truncate democratic process were chased out of power.
“Even military dictators could not frustrate democratic process, for that reason, once we mobilise Nigerians, no force can stop us,” he said.

He disagreed with the government’s position on the reason for the shift in election.
“Elections were held in Syria, Iraq and Libya. What will be the excuse for not holding elections in Nigeria? In Yobe, local government elections were held in 2013 and there was no incident. The president was in Maiduguri to campaign, the APC candidate, General Buhari was in Maiduguri to campaign, and there were no incidence, so why should they stop elections in other parts of the country?” he asked.

The NUD rally which kicked off from Maryland to the Gani Fawehimi Park in Ojota saw attendance by other democracy activists including the Nigerian Labour Congress Vice president, Isa Aremu; former NADECO and Afenifere member, Ayo Opadokun; lawyer, Jiti Ogunye, amongst others.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by absoluteSuccess: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
It is time to restore Nigeria to a path of glory, not to put her in a strait.

4 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by size38: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
GEJ, Nigerians are warning u and ur wicked party, the PDP. Any further postponement of the election will met with stiff resistance by the masses. Again, Jega is not a civil servant. Civil service law does not guide his office. Be warned. because no going back on our resolve to send u back to Otueke.

9 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by Ewizard(m): 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
teach me somfin..
INEC not in d civil service cadre??
abi d chairman ain't bound to dier laws??
so why head dem??
he's entitled to pension and gratuity after retirement??

u kidding!

#issorite!

I've already decided!
Gej is d change I need.
period!
I've my reasons, kip urz!

3 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by Blackbody20(m): 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
halimaabi:
APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile drug dealer and a cocain sniffer property seized in the usa for his drug deals.

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him with his forged result.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys

Ambode new recruit errand boy
woe to the P*u*s*s*y that gave birth to this retard.

6 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by Ewizard(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
Blackbody20:
woe to the P*u*s*s*y that gave birth to this retard.

might be ur mum! u Neva can tell.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by nzeobi(m): 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Falana you are entitled to your opinion, where were you when iwu proceeded on leave

3 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by nationwide1(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Why were ripples not generated when Maurice Iwu was asked to go on terminal leave and Jega took over from him?

2 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by GeneralBosco: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
[s]
halimaabi:

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile drug dealer and a cocain sniffer property seized in the usa for his drug deals.

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him with his forged result.

[/s]
PDP DEMONIC BLOOD SUCKING PARTY

The discombobulated dull cretin, a drunk idiot called Jonathan is a very clueless fool who has nothing in his dumb head to lead this country.

PDP is Bokoharam - Azazi

Alamaeseigha is an old fool and a shameless thief who has disgraced this country in many ways yet he is Jonafool's new father...The drunk fool gave him state pardon.

FFK is another serious fool who has now been rejected by his fellow yoruba people. The fool is also a man-prostitute and "forked" Bianca in her hairy fair behind grin

Jonafool can only rule second term in Otuoke and any PDP slave who loves him so much can follow him to Otuoke.

Sambo is just a dullard and a very unfortunate misfit.

Doyin OKupe is a fat clueless fool

Patience is a very unfortunate shameless illiterate

Agbage, an old fool, remains "Just kidding" till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by ionsman: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
halimaabi:

Apc is boko haram

People like you deserve to be killed by firing squad.......wayward child.

6 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by nzeadachie: 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2015
IT WILL HAPPEN THE SO CALLED FALANA CAN NOT DO ANYTHING

2 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Any attempt to tamper with the new dates by the People's Desperate Party and the Clueless Hapless One will be met with great resistance by the people of Nigeria.

On one hand, they say they have transformed Nigeria. On the other hand, they are afraid of elections.

Their disgrace is imminent. The world is watching.

28 days to #March4Change
28 days to #MarchCluelessnessOut
28 days for GEJ to become president of Otuoke

1 Like

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by dokyOloye: 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
To think I used to respect this useless goat called Falana so much makes me wanna puke.
Mr Falana,what do U have to say about Buhari's obvious lack of a WASC certificate?
Shameless partisan human right lawyer,
How have d mighty fallen.

5 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by themilanway(m): 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
To think I used to respect this useless goat called Falana so much makes me wanna puke.
Mr Falana,what do U have to say about Buhari's obvious lack of a WASC certificate?

Shut that gutter you call mouth up.Calling a man as old,if not older than your dad a goat.A man that can feed you,marry a wife for you,feed you and your wife,feed you,your wife and kid(s)and still feed your entire family

Where was your useless self when he was organising and holding rally in support of Jonathan when Turai led cabal refuse Jonathan to act out his duties as the Acting president?

I guess you were still in your mum's womb.

Its only saddist like you and the president will do anything possible to truncate a true democracy!

Hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by themilanway(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
Why were ripples not generated when Maurice Iwu was asked to go on terminal leave and Jega took over from him?

Was it before or after the election?
Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by dokyOloye: 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
themilanway:

Shut that gutter you call mouth up.Calling a man as old,if not older than your dad a goat.A man that can feed you,marry a wife for you,feed you and your wife,feed you,your wife and kid(s)and still feed your entire family

Where was your useless self when he was organising and holding rally in support of Jonathan when Turai led cabal refuse Jonathan to act out his duties as the Acting president?

I guess you were still in your mum's womb.

Its only saddist like you and the president will do anything possible to truncate a true democracy!

Hypocrite
Hw r U sure Falana can feed me talk more of my family,do U friggin know me?
So if Jega goes on terminal leave like Maurice Iwu b4 him did,it amounts to truncation of democracy?
So if Jega dies today,elections will not be conducted?
Don't have time for Ur type sha.

2 Likes

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by themilanway(m): 10:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
Hw r U sure Falana can feed me talk more of my family,do U friggin know me?
So if Jega goes on terminal leave like Maurice Iwu b4 him did,it amounts to truncation of democracy?
So if Jega dies today,elections will not be conducted?
Don't have time for Ur type sha.

https://www.nairaland.com/648722/congratulate-gej-own-words

Nigerians congratulating GEJ for winning an election conducted by Jega,so what went wrong?

I dont wish to know you sir,you dont worth the time.
Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
dokyOloye:

The man is an APC member from all sense of it. When Nigerians wanted him to speak, he kept quite and coming up now to try to change due process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheap MTN Data for Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem, 1GB for N1,200 (Credit you within 5 minutes/ 24hours service available)

Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee)

Design a Simple Dynamic Website + Domain Name + Hosting in One Day for N30, 000 (Negotiable)

Call: 08107873795
Thanks and God bless
Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by Ojiofor: 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
The same group said gej can't sack sanusi but he did and nothing happened.

1 Like

Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by sammieguze(m): 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
Exactly what i wanted to say.

Were you reading my mind

By the time gej start his wuruwuru law now like stealing is not corruption, everybody will be looking like a confused candidate in an examination hall

Ojiofor:
The same group said gej can't sack sanusi but he did and nothing happened.
Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by vicadex07(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
For pro-GEJites the 2015 campaign is about Buhari, Buhari and Buhari. For pro- GMBites the 2015 campaign is about Nigeria, Nigeria & Nigeria.

Questions for Jonathan and PDP
1. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" busy destroying
states and areas that the opposition party will
win convincingly in the presidential election?
2. If we are to believe that the opposition were
the brains and architects of "Boko Haram",
then why is it that they have never ever
attacked and destroyed any prominent PDP
figure or their properties?
3. If the opposition have the capability of
arming "terrorists" with armour tanks, RPGs,
AA Guns, military uniforms, military trucks,
helicopters and the ability to command
soldiers to vanish from military checkpoints,
wouldn't they have targeted to destroy PDP
strongholds and their assets?
4. Why would the opposition seek to destroy
their own strongholds anyway? To achieve
what?
5. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" targeting to
destroy basically only prominent northern
politicians and their traditional rulers and their
communities?
6. In the light of questions 1 to 5 above, why
has there been a deliberate campaign of lies
and propaganda by the PDP and their religious
wing that collect bribes in billions of naira that
"Boko Haram" is the baby of the opposition?
7. Of all the cars used by "suicide" bombers
retrieved from the scene of their attacks, to
whom were the cars traced after forensic
investigations? Why is it that nothing is ever
heard after such evidences have been collated
at the scenes since 2011?
8. At the last count, over 500 hundred "Boko
Haram" suspects have been in detention since
2009, but why is it that government hasn't
been able to come clean on those sponsoring
the "terrorists", and why is it that, with such a
huge treasure trove, government has not been
able to know and curtail the operational
methods of the "terrorists"?
9. Why did the "terrorists" become stronger
after a scandalous 33 billion dollars (over 4
trillion naira) was expended on the so called
war against them?
10. Isn't it curious and suspicious that a
ragtag group called "Boko Haram" whose bulk
of fighters possibly had only one week
trainings could overcome and overrun our
military men who spend 5 years in the NDA,
some months in Jaji, and some months also
at the National War College in Abuja apart
from several overseas trainings?
11. Why was it that, at a point from 2013, the
Nigerian military was not taking the war to
"Boko Haram" camps in the deserts of the
northeast instead of waiting for "Boko Haram"
to come on the offensive?
12. Since when has repulsion become the best
form of defence instead of attack?
13. Why did "Boko Haram" have the most
freedom to operate and destroy so many
towns and villages during all the period of
State of Emergency that was supposed to have
made them immobile?
14. Was the State of Emergency some fraud
pulled off to empower the "terrorists" and
make the targeted communities sitting ducks
for easy elimination?
15. Who was providing "Boko Haram" with fuel
and other logistics in their camps considering
how they easily move with long convoys of
trucks to operate without challenge?
These are not the only questions.... There are
many more. But they've not been able to
answer any of these, rather they always want
to heap their scheme on others.
These questions and many more could be the
reason they are mortally scared of losing
political power. But it just can't continue like
this anymore.
Change is a basic constant in life.
Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by Kingspin(m): 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
Story
Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by mekme: 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
Some people are just too selfish and dark-minded,is it because the election is showing is not going to favour them,then they are supporting the removal of the umperer,you guys are just too weak you can't rely on your vote to win,six years you couldn't campaign to win with your works,you say the opposition is making light not to work,you say the opposition is boko haram,you can't campaign on your achievements,you say Buhari will islamise Nigeria,you say Buhari is in the hospital,talk about the price of Naira to US Dollars,talk about corruption that is an instrument of poverty,let me tell you you supporters of PDP GEJ is not giving you money but look at the future look at Nigeria,don't go for stupid and babarick sentiments of this person is from south south this person is a Christien this person is young,look at Buhari spent two years as the President till this day this presence his works are still around,he established NYSC,he started enviromental sanitation,he arrested and jailled people some corrupt,are you the ones they jailed,was it your father they jailled,please am not insulting oo and never you insult me,GEJ will never be the President my opinion my opinion counts
Re: Jega Cannot Resign Or Go On Terminal Leave -falana by nzeadachie: 12:16am On Mar 01, 2015
mekme:
Some people are just too selfish and dark-minded,is it because the election is showing is not going to favour them,then they are supporting the removal of the umperer,you guys are just too weak you can't rely on your vote to win,six years you couldn't campaign to win with your works,you say the opposition is making light not to work,you say the opposition is boko haram,you can't campaign on your achievements,you say Buhari will islamise Nigeria,you say Buhari is in the hospital,talk about the price of Naira to US Dollars,talk about corruption that is an instrument of poverty,let me tell you you supporters of PDP GEJ is not giving you money but look at the future look at Nigeria,don't go for stupid and babarick sentiments of this person is from south south this person is a Christien this person is young,look at Buhari spent two years as the President till this day this presence his works are still around,he established NYSC,he started enviromental sanitation,he arrested and jailled people some corrupt,are you the ones they jailed,was it your father they jailled,please am not insulting oo and never you insult me,GEJ will never be the President my opinion my opinion counts
BUHARI IS CHIEF JIHADIST HEE CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA, BY THE WHO DO YOU THINK THAT RULED NIGERIA BEFORE? OH DO YOU THINK THAT IT'S BUHARI?

(1) (Reply)

NEW SLAVES: Say No To Ebola Vaccines!!! / When Buhari Wins / Buhari's Victory - Naira Appreciate By 7%, Now ₦211 To Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.