Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,621 members, 7,944,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 06:39 AM

JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. (1603 Views)

You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces / Mrs Osinbajo Drove Hubby To Polling Unit - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2015
Jang Drags INEC To Court Over PVC Distribution

PLATEAU State governor, Jonah Jang, has dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to court, over irregular distribution of permanent voter cards in the state. The governor also threatened to mobilise people of the state to vote with their temporary voter cards, if the electoral body fails to produce their PVCs by March 8.

Speaking Saturday in Jos, Jang, who was unhappy with the development, expressed disappointment over the distribution in the state and other parts of the country, adding that the issue has started generating controversies among political parties, especially between the ruling party and the main opposition party.

“If this election was held on the 14th of this month, can we sincerely say INEC was ready for the election? You have mentioned areas in Plateau State that have not received their PVCs; not that these PVCs are in Abuja, but based on what I have been told, they have not been printed to be brought to Abuja.

“What is the guarantee that these PVCs will get to Nigeria before 8th of March for another deadline. Honestly, we appreciated Professor Attahiru Jega when he conducted the 2011 elections, but whether some people are sabotaging him or he himself is not aware of this, only God in heaven knows. When these PVCs came to Jos North, one section got theirs and others did not get. In Jos South, the same thing and other places,” he lamented.

Jang called on political parties to put more pressure on INEC to do the right thing and expedite action on the provision of the cards, instead of seeing it as an opportunity to play politics.

“It is not healthy for our nation. We are behaving as if the PVCs that had been collected were for a particular party, citizens of Nigeria registered to vote; no one has gone into their heart to know who they would vote for. So, I thought all political parties should have put pressure on INEC to ensure that everything is done to have credible election for this country, rather than playing on sentiment that PDP wants to sack Jega.”

The governor said he has gone to court to seek for the use of temporary cards, if the Commission is unable to provide the PVCs.

“I have even gone to court to allow usage temporary voter cards; INEC should allow this because they cannot deprive my people because it is not their fault. We used this temporary voter cards for 2011 election, we have used them for bye-election and two local government elections here in Plateau State without any problem. So, I’m advocating that, if by March 8, my people have not received their PVCs,
I’m going to make an announcement that anybody with temporary voters card should go to polling units and vote.

“I still encourage Professor Jega not to our democracy; they should do everything possible to ensure that this country gets credible elections and that those who have attained the age of voting should be allowed to vote,” he said.

Source:http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=43541

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2015
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by egift(m): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2015
PDP should call their thugs to order. The plots to Rig this elections will be resisted. Someone should tell PDP the days of writing fabricated election results is gone.

Nigeria want to turn a new leaf. This Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by Coldplay007(f): 9:55am On Mar 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

grin
Lol! Reserving FTC for yourself?
cheesy
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2015
Jang,you are not the INEC officer. What right do you have to make such an announcement?

These PDP men are just so desperate.

5 Likes

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by Adminisher: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2015
Old man rigger of elections comes again. This is not governors forum. Any rubbish and Nigerians will put you back in the belly of the fish.

4 Likes

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by macpetrus(m): 10:04am On Mar 01, 2015
Jonah Jang should wake Up... No Going Back!!!
Forward Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by size38: 10:04am On Mar 01, 2015
The days of announcing election results that are not true are gone. PDP cannot always rely on rigging to win all the time. Change has come so let's all embrace it. After all, GEJ promised to use technology to fight corruption, electorial corruption included. So Jang should be a statement man stop behaving like a tout.

1 Like

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2015
berem:
Jang,you are not the INEC officer. What right do you have to make such an announcement?

These PDP men are just so desperate.
desperation is wen ya still want to go ahead wif d election knowing fully well dat more dan 35% of nigerians don't ve pvc, desperation is wen, dose at d crises state ve almost collected dem pvc wen we in d south re still struggling to pick our undecided, u re too pweetie and intelligent to be an apc supporter, barcanista experience shld ve tort ya a lesson. Nemo dat quod non habet, change dey don't ve change dey can't give lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by wallbuilder(m): 10:28am On Mar 01, 2015
But why cant inec make pvcs available to everybody?

The point is that inec seen to concentrate pvc distribution in APCs strongholds.

3 Likes

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by DuchessLily(f): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2015
I support dis using of temporary card to vote, cos many states with PDP Supporters have not been given PVC deliberately
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by DuchessLily(f): 11:53am On Mar 01, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
desperation is wen ya still want to go ahead wif d election knowing fully well dat more dan 35% of nigerians don't ve pvc, desperation is wen, dose at d crises state ve almost collected dem pvc wen we in d south re still struggling to pick our undecided, u re too pweetie and intelligent to be an apc supporter, barcanista experience shld ve tort ya a lesson. Nemo dat quod non habet, change dey don't ve change dey can't give lipsrsealed

Yes exactly my point... I collected my PVC in d NORTH since July last yr (2014) only to get to Lagos now to find out dat so many pple especially IBO's and south south pple have been denied their PVSs...
Dey have been posting my friends here in lagos from dis office to d other without dem getting their PVCs... Even till now
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by DuchessLily(f): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2015
wallbuilder:
But why cant inec make pvcs available to everybody?

The point is that inec seen to concentrate pvc distribution in APCs strongholds.
True!!
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by double0seven(m): 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
yet when there are leaks or accusations that PDP is trying it's best to scuttle this elections, some people will say it's propaganda.

Propaganda indeed!!!
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by themilanway(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
Jonah Jang,so you just realice that INEC hasnt distribute PVC's to your state?With seven days to the deadline collection?

Are you the newly appointed INEC chairman?

Wake up old man,this isnt the governor's forum election

Wake up this isnt 2011

I have decided

March for Buhari

1 Like

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by idu1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ugly governor.....
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by AustineE1: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
...but i wonder why anybody in his right senses,wld be calling for an election while many Nigerians like you and i,may nt really have the opportunity to vote,simply because of no fault of theirs.Is this nt a big indictment to Jega and APC that were calling for the electns to have been held by FEB 14,are they saying that over 35 percent of registered voters who were to be disenfrancise,doesn't really matter...i weep for my country.This is pre-electoral rigging,on behalf of me and my family,i add my voice to the call for Jega to embark on retirement leave forthwith.

1 Like

Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by Xtopher123(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2018
egift:
PDP should call their thugs to order. The plots to Rig this elections will be resisted. Someone should tell PDP the days of writing fabricated election results is gone.

Nigeria want to turn a new leaf. This Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari.

This is 3 years after.. brother how market?
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by QTEST007(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2018
You see our life?

"I PLACE BEFORE YOU LIFE AND DEATH,
CHOOSE LIFE THAT YOU MAY LIVE"

AND WE CHOSE MASSACRE.

CHAIII!!!!
Re: JANG: Anybody With Temporary Voters Card Should Go To Polling Units And Vote. by anath(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2018
Xtopher123:

This is 3 years after.. brother how market?
My tot exactly, I jst checked their profile. The last time they came to nairaland was 2016. Them don run finish oooooo. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig / Buhari And GEJ: Spot The Difference In These Photos / 10 Poorly Educated But Incredibly Successful People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.