Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,628 members, 7,914,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:27 AM

Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? (2436 Views)

Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? / Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / Jonathan To Workers: Get Ready For Hard Times, Be Realistic With Your Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
I need our political analysts with facts here to please shed light to us on what's happening to workers and pensioners salary in Osun. Sentiments apart please; I just want a clear picture. Are there other states owning their workers 4months salaries and pensioner 5months or its just osun. And is it this allocation issue or mere punishment or shortage of funds?
Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by deeplow: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
I am pro APC, but shame on Aregbesola and Ajimobi of Osun and Oyo states respectively. I know for sure that teachers in Oyo state have not been paid in 2015. The worst part is, they have been threatened with sack, if they were to contemplate any form of public protest.

Imagine a situation where husband and wife are teachers, have 3 kids to take care of, how are they to survive?

God help us in this country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by DrLee(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Oyo state is strongly following you o.
3 months workers salary.
pensioners, way longer. useless governors sad

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by DaBullIT(m): 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
I am no expert, but i believe GEJ reduced Osun's allocation to 35 percent out of Malice for Aregbe's Victory , besides allocations are yet to be released , people are blaming state governors instead of presidency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by kay1one2(m): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
deeplow:
I am pro APC, but shame on Aregbesola and Ajimobi of Osun and Oyo states respectively. I know for sure that teachers in Oyo state have not been paid in 2015. The worst part is, they have been threatened with sack, if they were to contemplate any form of public protest.

Imagine a situation where husband and wife are teachers, have 3 kids to take care of, how are they to survive?

I respect honesty.

6 Likes

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
deeplow:

really? But this is bad
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by saintopus(m): 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
I am no expert, but i believe GEJ reduced Osun's allocation to 35 percent out of Malice for Aregbe's Victory , besides allocations are yet to be released , people are blaming state governors instead of presidency

So you believed that the President can unilaterally reduce or stop a state salary?
Without Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola, GMB, Oyegun, shouting to high heaven including insults and law suits??

I dont believe it.!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
but do you have facts to back this? Pls we still need people who can give us the allocation slip or something per state so that we can know what's really happening
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 7:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
saintopus:

So you believed that the President can unilaterally reduce or stop a state salary?
Without Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola, GMB, Oyegun, shouting to high heaven including insults and law suits??

I dont believe it.!!!
you are really talking sense here my bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
DrLee:
Oyo state is strongly following you o.
3 months workers salary.
pensioners, way longer. useless governors sad
also? ?
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
In another news

Adesiyan faults Aregbesola on Osun allocation
Home » Tribune » 15th Jan,2015 » Adesiyan faults Aregbesola on Osun

Police Affairs Minister, Alhaji AbdulJelili Adesiyan, has faulted the claim of the Osun State governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, that he had been receiving N1.1 billion monthly allocation from the Federal Government.

Adesiyan, in a statement, told the Nigerian Tribune that the statement of Aregbesola was nothing but lies, saying “as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria representing Osun State at the Federal Executive Council (FEC), I am duty bound to put the records straight to justify my appointment.”

He said the governor should end the propaganda and stop deceiving the state citizens, claiming that the Federal Government had slashed Osun State allocation from N4.6 billion to N1.1 billion monthly as quoted in one of the newspapers.

He said “but for record purposed and to let the people of Osun State hold you responsible for your failure to pay workers’ salaries and put necessary infrastructure in place, this is the summary of Osun State government allocation from 2011 to 2014 as obtained from the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, Abuja.

“The total amount received by the state from 2011 till date equals N203, 009, 123, 685.11 while total amount received by the Local Government till date equals 190, 120, 564, 875.33 Grand Total money received by Osun State two tiers of Government equals 393, 129, 688, 560.44.

“This is not inclusive of other money been shared from other savings that were occasionally shared by the three tier of government. These are public documents that can be accessed by anybody.”

, and if you lie again you will be further exposed because government business must be handled diligently and transparently and knowing fully well that he who wants to come to equity must come with clean hand,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by omazus: 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
That's the change we are clamouring for. Tell them alos that LAGOS, the richest state in Nigeria still pays workers less than 12k as minimum wage. And yet this is state you can't find a reasonable two bed room flat at anything less than 450k. Rather people working for lagos live in ogun. Eko oni baje oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2015

Viewing this topic: freeDR, omazus, Sayfat(m), gogochocolate, MizMyColi(f) and 4 guest(s)

My lady- Mizmycoli you knew anything about this? smiley
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by MizMyColi(f): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dahjhi:

Viewing this topic: freeDR, omazus, Sayfat(m), gogochocolate, MizMyColi(f) and 4 guest(s)

My lady- Mizmycoli you knew anything about this? smiley

Hehehehe,
I just dey observe things with my 50m goggles cool

2 Likes

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by daviesdavy: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
Noted!
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by freeDR(m): 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
That is exactly how Fayemi left Ekiti with a debt of 75 billion naira and 4 months unpaid salary in his wake. Too bad for these charlatans. I can not but pity some blind Nigerians shouting Sai BUHARI all around. *spits*.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by fitzmayowa: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
Change is when osun and oyo state owe their civil servant salaries...

Transformation is when benue owe its civil servant salaries...

We are in trouble in this country, from Change to Transformation, they are birds of a feather...

BTW I thought some couple of months ago our "Change chanting" APC accused the FG of owing some of its staffs salaries, what does APC have to say about osun and oyo...I guess its a case of pot calling kettle black...SMH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Descartes: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Were you asleep when you posted the above? Any link to such claim?

3 Likes

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by ednut1(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
the money has been invested in fixed deposits nd treasury bills. wait till it matures. up APC grin
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by DaBullIT(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by DaBullIT(m): 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
FG did owe workers salaries months ago, and Osun, Oyo, APC states had their allocation reduced osun's allocation was as 4.5B or so, today it's 1.2B or there abouts and it's not even paid promptly

. Before you ask for proof, refresh your page and read previous comments
fitzmayowa:

We are in trouble in this country, from Change to Transformation, they birds of a feather...

BTW I thought some couple of months ago our "Change chanting" APC accused the FG of owing some of its staffs salaries, what does APC have to say about osun and oyo...I guess its a case of pot calling kettle black...SMH
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by fitzmayowa: 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaBullIT:

I guess you are trying to say, GEJ decided to reduce osun's allocation alone right What about oyo state that is owing GEJ reduced their allocation too right Or benue that is owing GEJ reduced their allocation too right But other states that are not owing GEJ didn't reduce their allocation...

Let's stop playing the blame game, the governors of those states have failed, and we are to hold them responsible for their failure, not everything is GEJ's fault...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hehehehe, boo
I just dey observe things with my 50m goggles cool
wink smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
fitzmayowa:

I guess you are trying to say, GEJ decided to reduce osun's allocation alone right What about oyo state that is owing GEJ reduced their allocation too right Or benue that is owing GEJ reduced their allocation too right But other states that are not owing GEJ didn't reduce their allocation...

Let's stop playing the blame game, the governors of those states have failed, and we are to hold them responsible for their failure, not everything is GEJ's fault...
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
ednut1:
the money has been invested in fixed deposits nd treasury bills. wait till it matures. up APC grin

1 Like

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
freeDR:
That is exactly how Fayemi left Ekiti with a debt of 75 billion naira and 4 months unpaid salary in his wake. Too bad for these charlatans. I can not but pity some blind Nigerians shouting Sai BUHARI all around. *spits*.
embarassed embarassed
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
fitzmayowa:

We are in trouble in this country, from Change to Transformation, they birds of a feather..

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Dahjhi: 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaBullIT:

Sure

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/plot-cripple-osun-allocation-will-fail-aregbesola/

http://www.punchng.com/news/sambo-aregbesola-disagree-over-revenue-deduction/
. this can't be ruled out: the noise would have been much if that is true..
saintopus:

I dont believe it.!!!
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by DaBullIT(m): 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dahjhi:
. this can't be rule out: the noise would have been much if that is true..

First learn English
Second get sense
Third Type "Osun allocation reduced" to Google
Forth Comment again
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by atlwireles: 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
For anyone to think the federal government is withholding Osun's allocation is beyond stupidityyy. Ekiti is poorer than Osun, are they making payments? The truth is, APC states are under financial pressure, because of their debts and campaign donations to Buhari.

The President had to explain this same matter to the Obas in Osun last week, when the issue of non payment came up. Remember before the 2014 aregbe election, River state cleared billions owed by Osun state to workers and pensioners. Osun is in trouble, as long as the price of crude maintains its downward projection.

5 Likes

Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Alphaoscar: 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Aregbesola should please find every means possible to pay the workers salary ooo.

We understand that there is shortage in revenue received by the states since the fall in the price of crude oil but still the salary of the workforce should come first.
Re: Please What's Happening To Workers Salary In Osun? by Alphaoscar: 8:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
atlwireles:
For anyone to think the federal government is withholding Osun's allocation is beyond stupidityyy. Ekiti is poorer than Osun, are they making payments? The truth is, APC states are under financial pressure, because of their debts and campaign donations to Buhari.

The President had to explain this same matter to the Obas in Osun last week, when the issue of non payment came up. Remember before the 2014 aregbe election, River state cleared billions owed by Osun state to workers and pensioners. Osun is in trouble, as long as the price of crude maintains its downward projection.

You guys should stop this stupid lies of Rivers state paying Osun's salary. Its very crude and unintelligent of you.

The problem is caused by the drop in the price of crude oil and the problem is not affecting Osun or APC states alone but the Governor should have find a means of paying the workers salary or get the hell out of that office.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Major Reason Why British Dislike The Igbos The Anglo Aro War / The Forgotten Army Of WWII / Meet : IPOB Coordinator In Lagos State-the Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.