Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,416 members, 7,978,310 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:34 AM

3 Do’s And Don’ts Of Acne - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Do’s And Don’ts Of Acne (798 Views)

The Dos And Don’ts Of Taking A Bath (and You Thought Baths Were No-brainers…) / Neo Medrol Acne Lotion Review / Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Do’s And Don’ts Of Acne by Bimbo25(f): 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
The basis to treating any ailment is to know all about that ailment, what causes it, how to prevent it and what can be done to treat it. In this article I am concentrating on what you should do to prevent and also get rid of acne effectively. Some of the statements I am going to make are supported by dermatologists while some are made based on my personal experience. So let us begin.

1. DO: Always clean your face at night with a cleanser that is suitable for your face (especially for ladies who have used make-up throughout the day).
DON’T: Sleeping with your make-up on.

2. DO: Take Vitamins or Antioxidants. Not only does it improve your general immune system, it helps fight the bacteria that causes acne. So it is a win-win situation taking vitamins/antioxidants because you would have a healthier body and get rid of your acne.
DON’T: Take antibiotics. It may be necessary at times but it is advisable to avoid it at all cost. Why? You might ask. Well it is because bacteria in your system may get accustomed to the antibiotics and may develop resistance to these drugs. So that when you really need to treat a disease that they cause, the antibiotics would not have any effect. This would cause you to use a higher strength of the drug or a higher antibiotic. Trust me I know my final year project was on observing the resistance of bacteria to antibiotics that were used often and indiscriminately and the results were alarming.

3. DO: Stick to an acne treatment that does not cause irritation or side effects for about 2-3 months.
DON’T: Quitting an acne treatment before 2 months. Acne took a lot of time to emerge; it is not going to go immediately and much especially if you do not use the acne treatment consistently. Use any acne treatment appropriately and give it time to work.

Well that is three do and don’ts of how to prevent and treat acne. I will post more on how to prevent and effectively treat very soon. Hope you join me to learn more.
See you then.

For more information on how to get rid of your acne check Acnespotfree. .

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Alcohol Addiction / Nairalander Doctors- What's The Ideal BP Reading? / Even You Have Made These Health Mistakes-read+share:health-weight Loss&diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.