Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,841 members, 7,927,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 03:07 PM

Possibilities And Impossibilities - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Possibilities And Impossibilities (539 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Possibilities And Impossibilities by franklytrue(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
Does impossibility exist only in the dictionary of fools? (Mark 9:23) Is there nothing impossible with God? (Luke 1:37)

You. Can you fly, even right now? Can you lift a mountain? Can you run faster than the speed of light? Can you adjust the position of the moon, sun or stars? Is it possible for you to enter the sun? Is it possible for you to travel through time to the past or future and even change events? Is it possible to trek from Lagos to London in two minutes? Is it possible to pour the whole ocean into a cup? Is it possible to catch a spirit with bare hands? Is it possible to...? Several impossibilities abound.

Forgive me if I don't believe that every single thing is possible.
Yes, we are fools for Christ's sake (1st Corinthians 4:10) because impossibility can be found in my dictionary. I know not if it is Oxford Advanced Learner's dictionary, WordWeb and the likes you use because it is there or do you have a special one? If you cannot believe AND do these things and more, what does that say of you? A fool? I waver to say but you have limits.

Yes we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Phillipians 4:13) but only those things for which He has strengthened us because it is only Him that can 'carry the weight of the world upon His shoulders' (see Isaiah 9:6) Only Him is the way to the Father. Only Him. Only Him.

Balancing this 'equation' properly. Matthew 19:26 plus Mark 10:27 plus Luke 18:27 can be equated to the fact that nothing, that is, nothing good is impossible with the good God but nothing bad (sinful) is possible with the Holy and perfect Heavenly Father. It is impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2).

The world, the universe, life is one of possibilities and impossibilities -hot and cold, light and darkness, good and evil, weak and strong, life and death, day and night etcetera. By these the 'equation' is balanced. That is, there are possibilities and impossibilities. This is my final answer but whose report will you believe? The defunct supernatural, man or God's?
Re: Possibilities And Impossibilities by 5minsmadness: 7:09am On Mar 12, 2015
I sincerely hope you are feeling better...

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To All Parents And Intending Parents‎ Across Developing Nations W / thanks / Couple Married For 75 Years Dies Hours Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.