Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:53 PM

Must Read: Father Rapes Daughter At Gun Point - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Must Read: Father Rapes Daughter At Gun Point (872 Views)

PHOTOS: Father Rapes Daughter In Lagos / Father Rapes Daughters In Akwa Ibom Without Condoms (pic) / Father Deflowers And Rapes Daughter In Ogun For Refusing More Sex (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: Father Rapes Daughter At Gun Point by Sanyiicrown(m): 11:24am On Mar 12, 2015
A 61-year-old father of three from Masunga (Botswana) has been charged with having an incestuous relationship with his 13-year-old daughter.

The accused, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have repeatedly raped his daughter at gunpoint resulting in her becoming pregnant with his child.

Francistown Magistrates Court heard how the young girl, who was a Standard Seven pupil at the time, was afraid to report the alleged rapes because her father possessed a gun and she feared for her life.
“She was afraid of her father because, during each ordeal, her father had a gun with him and threatened to kill her with it. It was only after the weapon was taken away by the police, after he had a fight with his Zimbabwean girlfriend, that she stopped being afraid of him,” revealed Kate Motshegwe, a social worker who helped counsel the alleged victim.

Despite damning evidence, including his daughter’s testimony and a DNA test positively identifying him as the father of her child, the accused vehemently denies having sex with his young daughter.

“I can never go to bed with a child whom I fathered. I am not the one who impregnated her. She was coached by her step-mother, because she was the one staying with the child,” claimed the defendant.

“This woman is fighting me because I left her after 37 years together because I didn’t marry her but walked out on her. This issue of me impregnating my daughter is pure fabrication. It is just a matter between the two of us, and my daughter has nothing to do with it,” he continued.

However, according to forensic scientist Goitseone Ngono, the DNA tests identify beyond doubt that the accused is the father of his daughter’s baby.

“Fifty percent of the accused’s DNA was found in the child, therefore positively identifying him as the biological father of the child,” testified Ngono.

During the cross examination the defendant rubbished the forensic evidence and said his daughter’s child resembled him because he was the grandfather.

“Because the child resembles me doesn’t mean I am the father. She not only resembles me facially, but also has my blood.”

The accused went on to say that he was in the middle of marriage arrangements for his same daughter, claiming, “I’m looking forward to her getting married and receiving gifts. Right now a man called David has asked for my daughter’s hand in marriage. This man has admitted the child is his and we charged damage. As a family we are currently waiting for lobola.”

However, these claims were disregarded as a figment of the accused’s imagination by Motshegwe, who said,“He’s an actor in his own soap.”

The case of sexual abuse was reported to the authorities in 2008, after the complainant’s older brother alerted social services.

After several postponements, due to complications with DNA testing on young children and the defendant suffering health-problems, the trial is currently ongoing.

The accused is out on bail but, if found guilty, the maximum sentence that he could receive is life-imprisonment. - See more at: http://www.naijatatafoblog..com/2015/03/must-read-father-rapes-daughter-at-gun.html#sthash.rcvmfQ5S.dpuf

Re: Must Read: Father Rapes Daughter At Gun Point by xpac01(m): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2015
End times tinz. His obligation to the herbalist.
Re: Must Read: Father Rapes Daughter At Gun Point by Wuuworld(m): 11:49am On Mar 12, 2015
Have mercy upon zion O Lord and rebuild the walls of Sodom and Gomorrah....if not for any other thing God,for the sake of his(Christ) sorrow passion..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Almost Duped On Olx / How My Neighbour's Daughter Was Scammed. / Owner Of Nairaland Please Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.