Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,369 members, 7,888,203 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:33 PM

Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies (1145 Views)

Innoson Stops 85% Production Due To PMB's Policies, May Join 2Baba Protest / 2015 Mercedes Benz C-klasse / Photos: The 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Or The 2015 Audi A8? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by naijachix(m): 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
I got a 2015 Mercedes from the USA via a friend. I need to ship it to Nigeria but my friend says the papers hasn't been sent from the state of Missouri to enable him ship it for me. The vehicle was bought at auction with mileage almost brand new. Less than 1000 miles. Is the state required to send any documents before a 2015 pre-owned Mercedes can be exported from the US?

I really need answers from people who know about US (Mercedes) auto policies.
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by sultaan(m): 3:32am On Mar 13, 2015
Yes you will need a title from the DMV dept of motor vehicles to show you are the owner of the vehicle before sit can be shipped. If it was purchased from a dealer with zero miles title comes fronm the state dept to you but when it is auction car I am not sure they can sell without a title in place but because it could be a showroom/ display model with no prior owner you might still need to wait for the title from the DMV
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by Coldplay007(f): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
The customs duty on that vehicle.........menn..

Bros How far nah grin
I'll divorce my hubby in a jiffy for you and that your benzz...
I dont care what model it is as long as it's a 2015 model..

Can I take it for a spin... grin
Just to Akure via Ibadan and back on a sunday morning....
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by sultaan(m): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
Don't go there, that is the price of another car plus bike.

These hungry people have the country on a lockdown.

People can't own what they have worked for in life without paying the government gang a bounty.

Perverse way of running an economy even the white man with serious problem like in Greece won't make such policies.
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by oseo1(m): 2:01am On Mar 15, 2015
You are not legally allowed to ship some benzes out of the states, for example when the G63 was first launched in the states you were not allowed to ship it out. So you might want to confirm from a dealer.

Generally when you buy a car from an auction, the seller has about 7 days to being in the title, except where they state that it has no title.
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by sultaan(m): 6:12am On Mar 15, 2015
oseo1:
You are not legally allowed to ship some benzes out of the states, for example when the G63 was first launched in the states you were not allowed to ship it out. So you might want to confirm from a dealer.

Generally when you buy a car from an auction, the seller has about 7 days to being in the title, except where they state that it has no title.

They will not encourage you to ship because the cheaper benz from the US will undercut their dealer in Nigeria they make you sign a document acknowledging you will not ship it out in a year but they cannot actively prevent you from shipping it out unless it is on the customs prohibited list like an Apache helicopter I can buy if I want but can export.The US government don't use their agency to actively encourage monopoly or interfere in market supply and demand all tax payers have the same protection unless specifically stated by a law that would have gone through congress no one can increase tax or duty without congressional oversight.
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by chucky234(m): 6:44am On Mar 15, 2015
Coldplay007:
The customs duty on that vehicle.........menn..

Bros How far nah grin

Hehehe I reserve my comment.
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by naijachix(m): 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
Coldplay007:

hehehehe. . . I like that. come let's do this thing.
Re: Help Needed - 2015 Mercedes US Auto Export Policies by sultaan(m): 9:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
Show the goods first, man wan taste Choco on credit bill show your pass

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2004 Model For Sale. / Get Btw N50,000 To N2.5m Renmoney Cash Loan For Salary Earners. No Collateral! / Memorable Ingenious Hacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.