Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:28 AM

Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. (1141 Views)

What Buhari Is Not Telling Nigerians About Goodluck Jonathan – Abati / Goodluck Re-named Goodman! / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by socialmediaman: 7:20am On Mar 13, 2015
After watching the video of Bola Tinubu showing that he is a very corrupt politician, i kept asking myself some questions:

1. Why has GEJ chosen to show us this documentary ahead of election time instead of taking this man to court? Does this not show how weak and incompetent the office of the president has become? In other parts of the world, i have seen the opposition show such videos to accuse the incumbent of corruption, not the other way round. This tells me that no corrupt leader will be held accountable for his crimes against suffering Nigerians under GEJ

2. in 2011, GEJ was widely accepted by the country, both in the south and in the liberal north, now even the southerners reject him as a failed president. The general opinion is that someone else should try, even if it wasnt Buhari, i believe even Kwankwasor would defeat GEJ in a free and fair election. Does this not prove desperacy to win an election by GEJ?

3. WHat President Goodluck cannot do in 6 years, can he do it in 4 years? Mind you, in the history of government in Nigeria, most people perform their best in their first term in office when they are seeking re-election

4. President Goodluck Jonathan has possibly spent up to 200 billion naira or more seeking re-election, where does that leave Nigeria if he is re-elected? He didnt spend that much contesting the first time, still he coundnt do anything for the masses, what will happen this time

5. President Goodluck is infact a serial promise breaker. He cannot also fight corruption, the biggest problem to Nigeria's infrastructure deelopment, electricity, indicipline etc. Should we re-elect this man for another 4 years to damage the country further?

You Tell Me

1 Like

Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by henryangelo: 7:52am On Mar 13, 2015
President Goodluck is infact a serial promise breaker. He cannot also fight corruption, the biggest problem to Nigeria's infrastructure deelopment, electricity, indicipline etc. Should we re-elect this man for another 4 years to damage the country further?

Even president Barrak Obama did not accomplished all his promises prior to his re-election. In a country well organise like America the president still encounters huddles in accomplishing his promises left alone Nigeria.leadership is a continues process even buhari can not make this country what we wish it be even given 30yrs.
GEJ is doing it all he needs is our support by doing the little you can do
A civil servant will go to work by 11am and still expect the president to do wonders,the problem of this nation is from us and not from the president alone.do your part and let the government do theirs

1 Like

Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by Bifwoli: 7:59am On Mar 13, 2015
Why not re-elect GEJ? ...that's a better question coz he's done very well given the circumstances.

GEJ till 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by socialmediaman: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:
President Goodluck is infact a serial promise breaker. He cannot also fight corruption, the biggest problem to Nigeria's infrastructure deelopment, electricity, indicipline etc. Should we re-elect this man for another 4 years to damage the country further?

Even president Barrak Obama did not accomplished all his promises prior to his re-election. In a country well organise like America the president still encounters huddles in accomplishing his promises left alone Nigeria.leadership is a continues process even buhari can not make this country what we wish it be even given 30yrs.
GEJ is doing it all he needs is our support by doing the little you can do
A civil servant will go to work by 11am and still expect the president to do wonders,the problem of this nation is from us and not from the president alone.do your part and let the government do theirs

Totally wrong. I cant imagine you said this. In the United states, if you go to work late, your boss sacks you. If you throw dirt on the floor, the police arrest you, if you run red lights, the police will arrest you or fine you heavily through the red light camera. So how dare you expect people to willingly do the right thing if nobody is punished for doing the wrong thing? If not for the punishment of "awaiting hell for sinners", who do you think will go to church or feel sorry for wrong doing? I maintain that if there's no physical punishment for offenders, they will get used to doing the wrong things, because even in America where laws are implemented, people still do the wrong thing when they see opportunity.

Are you not insulting Nigerians by absolving government of its responsibilities? The responsibility of government is to protect the citizens and maintain law and order, isnt it? This means, once you translate from civilian to government, you should assume a higher responsibility naturally, just like a boy who becomes a father and a husband is expected to become more responsible and quit things like late nights, excessive drinking etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by henryangelo: 8:35am On Mar 13, 2015
socialmediaman:

Totally wrong. I cant imagine you said this. In the United states, if you go to work late, your boss sacks you. If you throw dirt on the floor, the police arrest you, if you run red lights, the police will arrest you or fine you heavily through the red light camera. So how dare you expect people to willingly do the right thing if nobody is punished for doing the wrong thing? If not for the punishment of
"awaiting hell for sinners", who do you think will go to church or feel sorry for wrong doing? I maintain that if there's no physical punishment for offenders, they will get used to doing the wrong things, because even in America where laws are implemented, people still do the wrong thing when they see opportunity.

Are you not insulting Nigerians by absolving government of its responsibilities? The responsibility of government is to protect the citizens and maintain law and order, isnt it? This means, once you translate from civilian to government, you should assume a higher responsibility naturally, just like a boy who becomes a father and a husband is expected to become more responsible and quit things like late nights, excessive drinking etc
Sorry, no insults,I will like to inform you that all these penalties you named above is also in Nigeria but are not functional reason being that each and everyone of us in nigeria is corrupt,in America when an adult carrying a child beats traffic the child can never support the person even if is the mum, the child can go to the extent of reporting the case to police as the case may be,but in nigeria the child will have to tell some concrete liars just to support the mum, in civil service in nigeria their is a penalty for late coming but the people incharge will choose to collect a pie nut to enrich their pocket and allow the system to decay,some others will say my uncle is the head of department he won't punish me and the system continues dying,the truth of the matter is that we are the enemy of ourselves and our country
Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by socialmediaman: 8:49am On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:

Sorry, no insults,I will like to inform you that all these penalties you named above is also in Nigeria but are not functional reason being that each and everyone of us in nigeria is corrupt,in America when an adult carrying a child beats traffic the child can never support the person even if is the mum, the child can go to the extent of reporting the case to police as the case may be,but in nigeria the child will have to tell some concrete liars just to support the mum, in civil service in nigeria their is a penalty for late coming but the people incharge will choose to collect a pie nut to enrich their pocket and allow the system to decay,some others will say my uncle is the head of department he won't punish me and the system continues dying,the truth of the matter is that we are the enemy of ourselves and our country

The same america you mentioned, is it not the same one that a lady will hear that his boyfriend committed a crime, and continue to cover up for him unless you remind her she might go to jail for aiding crime? is it not the same america that someone will drive through a red light if they look around and there are no security cameras watching? Do you know that in Kano state before kwankwaso became governor, people used to drive through red light without respect etc, but immediately he compelled the police to start doing their jobs and arrest and fine offenders, people started being obedient of traffic rules even when police isnt there?

Is it not obvious that when government stops performing their responsibilities, people follow suite after some time? What has Goodluck's government done to reinstate discipline in Nigeria and even lead by example? A government where your minister is charged for corruption and you discharge the case as false, another cbn governor whistles about corruption and he is immediately removed from office? A minister is accused of being involved in rigging, with video evidence, and you still go ahead to nominate him for minister?

Then you tell Nigerians to do their duties and obey the law abi? cut their bread to half while the government feasts with excess kitchen budget? Where is the good example and will of this government? I have never witnessed this in Nigeria's history before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by henryangelo: 9:22am On Mar 13, 2015
socialmediaman:

The same america you mentioned, is it not the same one that a lady will hear that his boyfriend committed a crime, and continue to cover up for him unless you remind her she might go to jail for aiding crime? is it not the same america that someone will drive through a red light if they look around and there are no security cameras watching? Do you know that in Kano state before kwankwaso became governor, people used to drive through red light without respect etc, but immediately he compelled the police to start doing their jobs and arrest and fine offenders, people started being obedient of traffic rules even when police isnt there?

Is it not obvious that when government stops performing their responsibilities, people follow suite after some time? What has Goodluck's government done to reinstate discipline in Nigeria and even lead by example? A government where your minister is charged for corruption and you discharge the case as false, another cbn governor whistles about corruption and he is immediately removed from office? A minister is accused of being involved in rigging, with video evidence, and you still go ahead to nominate him for minister?

Then you tell Nigerians to do their duties and obey the law abi? cut their bread to half while the government feasts with excess kitchen budget? Where is the good example and will of this government? I have never witnessed this in Nigeria's history before
Is it the president that told police not to do their duty,is it the president that should come and arrest and jail offenders?the president and the senate have instituted a law but due to the high level of corruption of individual the people meant to implement the law and see that the is being utilized chose to use that advantage to enrich their pockets
Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by socialmediaman: 9:37am On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:
Is it the president that told police not to do their duty,is it the president that should come and arrest and jail offenders?the president and the senate have instituted a law but due to the high level of corruption of individual the people meant to implement the law and see that the is being utilized chose to use that advantage to enrich their pockets

Ok i see where you're heading to. So let me ask you a question. When the minister of interior conducted a scam immigration recruitment in Nigeria that killed over 20 innocent Nigerians looking for jobs to better their lives, after extorting N1000 from them, what was the president's job in that situation? He watched as Nigerians clamored for the sack of the minister even when he blamed the applicants saying "they died because they were not impatient".

A president does not watch paid government officers refuse to do their jobs and do nothing. He does not blame the indiscipline in the society on the people while his employees have done nothing meaningful to implement the law. He compels his people to do their jobs, including setting up whistle blowing strategies if possible. But your president just pays people and goes to sleep, expecting them to do the right thing, and when they refuse, he blames the people who elected him to ensure that the laws are enforced.

If an army officer who exposed a rigging in ekiti state will be witch haunted for doing what he believed was right, then what future does a country have in the hands of Goodluck Jonathan? When commander-in-chief himself encourages people to break the law and get away with it...
Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by socialmediaman: 9:41am On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:

By the way, this comment is so insulting to the president. How can you say its not his business whether people choose to do the right thing or not? He is responsible for every bad thing that happens under his watch, and saying he's not responsible is a disgrace to his leadership ability and qualifications to lead a country that desperately needs quality leaders, please do not repeat that in an intellectual public domain, every leader is responsible for his subjects.
Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by yemolz: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2015
If you say Jonathan is not good, it means buhari is worst.
Some are of the habit of finding ones mistakes, if JEG has 10 flaws, then buhari has 100. Its as if Nigerians as recovered from the pain he caused us. I dont knw why some are of the opinion that he's not corrupt.
Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by socialmediaman: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2015
yemolz:
If you say Jonathan is not good, it means buhari is worst.
Some are of the habit of finding ones mistakes, if JEG has 10 flaws, then buhari has 100. Its as if Nigerians as recovered from the pain he caused us. I dont knw why some are of the opinion that he's not corrupt.

Actually, Jonathan destroyed his own government's reputation and credibility, not me. ANyone, and i repeat, ANYONE apart from Jonathan, is acceptable for a change in 2015, do you understand now how desperately Nigerians want him out? I bet you, there will be rejoicing all across Nigeria if Jonathan loses this election. Its not that people have so much love for Buhari, but they have had enough of Jonathan, and anyone who promises to fight the canker worm that is called Corruption is acceptable. Buhari is not a saint, everyone knows that, but he does not have a record or wasting Nigeria's wealth or encouraging his associates and colleagues to waste Nigeria's wealth. The only corruption case tied to him which was not proven, was the 11 suitcases that he allegedly ordered not to be searched at the airport, so is it not funny that they were coming into the country rather than going out?

Buhari instilled discipline in this beloved country, the kind of discipline people enjoy in the western world today. He was brutal and excessive about it which was synonymous with military governments before and after him, that was his major fault, and it is a more manageable fault than being excessively corrupt up to the point of publicly defending corruption. Poverty is ravaging Nigerians, there is no defence as to why politicians will steal it in broad daylight and a president will defend it and participate in it, and still expect support, from who? Obviously, only the few people who benefit or hope to benefit from this government want him back, not majority of Nigerians, comprendre?

1 Like

Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by henryangelo: 10:35am On Mar 13, 2015
socialmediaman:

By the way, this comment is so insulting to the president. How can you say its not his business whether people choose to do the right thing or not? He is responsible for every bad thing that happens under his watch, and saying he's not responsible is a disgrace to his leadership ability and qualifications to lead a country that desperately needs quality leaders, please do not repeat that in an intellectual public domain, every leader is responsible for his subjects.
who is saying the president is not responsible ,all am saying is that the president can not do it alone,me and you have a responsibility too,if you can perform your own duty creditably well and i perform mine the president will now do his, is not when you fail in your own duty you blame the president or i fail in my own duty we call the president like fashola is blaming the the president for the bank robbery that took place in lagos. dont get me wrong
Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by fresh15: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2015
Buhari is corrupt and he has surrounded himself with the most corrupt people in Nigeria.How do you think he will fight corruption with people like Tinubu,OBJ,Amaechi etc
Re: Questions I Ask Myself About Goodluck's Re-election. by socialmediaman: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
fresh15:
Buhari is corrupt and he has surrounded himself with the most corrupt people in Nigeria.How do you think he will fight corruption with people like Tinubu,OBJ,Amaechi etc

If we do not grow past this "he is surrounded by corrupt people" syndrome, we will never achieve something. The truth is, nobody can win an election in Nigeria without the backing of corrupt people in Nigeria. Yes, they are the ones who run things at this point in time. But let me ask you, was Goodluck Ebele Jonathan not able to wrestle out control from Obasanjo who single handedly raised him to power? If he wanted to strenghten the nation's anti corruption agencies to fight corruption, he will do it, but what was his choice? To go the way of his predecessors. Unacceptable. This is why people are calling for change. They want to try Buhari and see if things will improve. Nigerians are judging on the antecedents and integrity of Buhari as a person, thats the same way they trusted Jonathan in 2011 and neglecting the hatred they had for PDP at that time.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Shocking Photos Of The APC Candidate (buhari) / Dangote Cement For Sale At Promo Price / Ambode Wins Governorship Race In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.