Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,295 members, 7,943,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better (25281 Views)

World Powerful Country That Is Capable Of Fighting World War / Ethnic Cleansing In The Name Of Fighting Corruption / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
olami234lekan:

This your writeup is irritating.
The only cause of corruption is the conviction of the perpetrators that they will live to spend there loot. And that's also the mistake that Buhari made then. If he had been executing those corrupt leaders then instead of jailing them he would have gotten the desired result in that short period of time. However his tactics of jailing them will have also worked but with a longer time. Note that the only act of corruption is killing Nigerians on a daily basis so anybody found in the act should be killed. To give justice to those that lost their life because of corrupt leaders.

You guys are funny... you quoted that guy only to say this...plz bro; can you tell me why there are still thousands of drug trafficking offenders everyday even with death penalty in most Muslim countries.... Can you also tell me why armed robbery hasn't stopped even with all the killings and jail terms...Can you also tell me why corruption is LOWER in New Zealand that doesn't kill corrupt officials than in China where corruption carries capital punishment?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by vanndubi: 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chosenone2:
are u also telling me that if u kill d first goat, no goat will come around again?

U're saying what I said. If they succeed in separating the yam from the goat and another goat comes from the back and eat that yam they have been securing, what will happen to that goat that ate the yam?

I don't know where u got the idea of killing the goat. Maybe, u've been watching too much of Dr. Njakiri Damages. . grin
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=dotfam2104 post=31825795][/quote]

Your argument is flawed bro...
I just answered these questions and you are repeating them again...Is it a problem of comprehension or you just wanna be repeating yourself in the name of argument

To some of you examples; with the latest automated system of revenue collection Jonathan introduced... most agencies and ministries won't have access to cash talk
more of stealing same...it is a cashless system...When there's no money; there won't be any stealing and you won't have a farouk lawan to probe anything and be caught in the web or subsidy scam because the system
has been fixed...Now some exceptional cases that will crop up; will be very easy to detect and punished according to existing laws of the land(cf our anti-corruption laws as amended)....

E.g...Just like how the system crashed last December when some people wanted to manoeuvre and steal...hence they only delayed federal staff salaries but didn't steal again... you can now trace such people and punish them...it is this magic that also helped stop fertilizer scam without much ado...PHCN which has been privatised won't experience corruption again as what happened when NITEL(most corrupt agency then) was privatised is happening to it now(corruption will die natural death there)....thanks

modified
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Jbenue: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Plz shun this long essay because you're getting it all wrong...
1)According to our constitution, a person is NOT guilty till convicted by court of competent jurisdiction...
2)Jonathan has the singular duty of respecting, protecting and governing with ONLY the constitution...
3)A person can only be entitled to presidential pardon having been convicted by a court and served out his term and is found to been of good carriage afterwards... (nothing is debatable here)...
4)Jonathan is NOT a head of state. He is an elected president.
5)Every other thing you wrote is sermon on morality not constitutionality... Know the differences and quit accusing people ignorantly...

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was convicted by I court of Law on fraud was he not? So what is not clear about that and then he was PARDONED by his political protege Jonathan. If you are serious about fighting corruption what message does this send out? Don't just blindly support Jonathan in this, he was wrong to pardon this man on amoral level. I know it is well within his right as president to pardon Alamieyeseigha, however it was an unscrupulous and ridiculous decision for him to do so, given the already corrupt mentality of Nigerian public office holders. IT SENDS OUT THE WRONG MESSAGE.

Perhaps you did not know but the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is bothe Head of State and Head of Government. Educated yourself sir.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jbenue:

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was convicted by I court of Law on fraud was he not? So what is not clear about that and then he was PARDONED by his political protege Jonathan. If you are serious about fighting corruption what message does this send out? Don't just blindly support Jonathan in this, he was wrong to pardon this man on amoral level. I know it is well within his right as president to pardon Alamieyeseigha, however it was an unscrupulous and ridiculous decision for him to do so, given the already corrupt mentality of Nigerian public office holders. IT SENDS OUT THE WRONG MESSAGE.

Perhaps you did not know but the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is bothe Head of State and Head of Government. Educated yourself sir.

You are really one of a kind...smh
Do you know the difference between constitutionality and morality

Did you even understand my initial reply to you before writing this thesis again to me

Head of state is to military government while president is to democracy... there's a difference between the two...stop spraying ignorance around here plz...

What's your problem with presidential pardon?...why is it in our constitution?... what is the use of it?...When is it right it use it?...why is it the prerogative of council of state?...did buhari or any APC governor object to the pardon?....so why are spraying ignorance here with so much grammar....Are we talking about religion or government here?.... Constitution is our guide bro...good pm
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Jbenue: 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Did you even understand my initial reply to you before writing this thesis again to me
Head of state is to military government while president is to democracy... there's a difference between the two...stop spraying ignorance around here plz...
What's your problem with presidential pardon?...why is it in our constitution?... what is the use of it?...When is it right it use it?...why is it the prerogative of council of state?...did buhari or any APC governor object to the pardon?....so why are spraying ignorance here with so much grammar....Are we talking about religion or government here?.... Constitution is our guide bro...good pm
Whynotthetruth:

YES it is constitutional and legally done but does it send the right message? Answer that! Just because Buhari and APC did not object doesn't mean it was right, PDP and APC are two sides of the same rusted coin.

Just do simple research before you start arguing for no reason, not everything is an open invitation to argument. Quote from Wikipedia "The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is the head of state and head of the national executive of Nigeria. The President of Nigeria is also the commander-in-chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces."

We borrowed the idea of a head of state from the British who run a constitutional monarchy in which the monarch is head of state, an office that represents national unity and national identity otherwise known as the sovereign while the Prime minister the the head of the monarch's royal government. Same with the USA OBAMA is the head of State as the sovereign and the Head of Government. Kai ignorance is rampant in this country and just to take simple correction gini!
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jbenue:

YES it is constitutional and legally done but does it send the right message? Answer that! Just because Buhari and APC did not object doesn't mean it was right, PDP and APC are two sides of the same rusted coin.

Just do simple research before you start arguing for no reason, not everything is an open invitation to argument. Quote from Wikipedia "The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is the head of state and head of the national executive of Nigeria. The President of Nigeria is also the commander-in-chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces."

We borrowed the idea of a head of state from the British who run a constitutional monarchy in which the monarch is head of state, an office that represents national unity and national identity otherwise known as the sovereign while the Prime minister the the head of the monarch's royal government. Same with the USA OBAMA is the head of State as the sovereign and the Head of Government. Kai ignorance is rampant in this country and just to take simple correction gini!

First, countries are run based on CONSTITUTION not MORALITY... So once it is constitutional; whatever you are saying is your own palava...so don't ever insult Jonathan when what he's doing is constitutional whether you like it or not...our constitution wasn't tailored to please you or anyone in particular...

Nigeria's democracy is tailored after that of America...it has nothing to do with our colonial masters system of government... Kindly show me any document(s) where Jonathan is referred to as a head of state instead of president...

Note, that our system of government is presidential system borrowed from America where executive power is concentrated on one person unlike in UK where we have a ceremonial head as queen and prime minister as head of state or whatever... thanks

modified
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by jamace(m): 10:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
bokohalal:
GEJ does not fight corruption.
You lied. GEJ is fighting corruption: https://www.nairaland.com/2109895/7-impressive-ways-president-jonathan
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Jbenue: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

First, countries are run based on CONSTITUTION not MORALITY... So once it is constitutional; whatever you are saying is your own palava...so don't ever insult Jonathan when what he's doing is constitutional whether you like it or not...our constitution wasn't tailored to please you or anyone in particular...
Nigeria's democracy is tailored after that of America...it has nothing to do with our colonial masters system of government... Kindly show me any document(s) where Jonathan is referred to as a head of state instead of president...
Note, that our system of government is presidential system borrowed from America where executive power is concentrated on one person unlike in UK where we have a ceremonial head as queen and prime minister as head of state or whatever... thanks
modified

Your comprehension skills are very low. I really shouldn't be trying to debate with a person who basks in self ignorance. GEJ has the legal right to pardon BOKO HARAM's leader if he is ever caught and convicted. Should he? Of course not!!!

You are a teacher of class of children you are constantly warning them not to cheat because cheating is rampant in the school and they are very good at hiding it. You finally catch one student in the act. But in front of the whole school you let him go scot free because he/she said sorry sir. What message does that send to the children of the school? THINK USE YOUR HEAD. Don't defend what cannot and should not be defended.

You like mentioning the constitution per chance you might take a glance at it one day.

Chapter VI

The Executive

Part I
Federal Executive

A - The President of the Federation

130. (1) There shall be for the Federation a President.

(2) The President shall be the Head of State, the Chief Executive of the Federation and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation.

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -

(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;

(b) he has attained the age of forty years;

(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and

(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

And yes The USA did emulate the British in there use of a Head of State. I really don't know why you are arguing this matter? But then again why does a Goat charge a tree?

Link to the Constitution: http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

1 Like

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jbenue:

Your comprehension skills are very low. I really shouldn't be trying to debate with a person who basks in self ignorance. GEJ has the legal right to pardon BOKO HARAM's leader if he is ever caught and convicted. Should he? Of course not!!!

You are a teacher of class of children you are constantly warning them not to cheat because cheating is rampant in the school and they are very good at hiding it. You finally catch one student in the act. But in front of the whole school you let him go scot free because he/she said sorry sir. What message does that send to the children of the school? THINK USE YOUR HEAD. Don't defend what cannot and should not be defended.

You like mentioning the constitution per chance you might take a glance at it one day.

Chapter VI

The Executive

Part I
Federal Executive

A - The President of the Federation

130. (1) There shall be for the Federation a President.

(2) The President shall be the Head of State, the Chief Executive of the Federation and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation.

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -

(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;

(b) he has attained the age of forty years;

(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and

(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

And yes The USA did emulate the British in there use of a Head of State. I really don't know why you are arguing this matter? But then again why does a Goat charge a tree?

Link to the Constitution: http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

I am trying not insult you anyway...but be sure this will be my last reply to you on this issue....
Whatever your brain is telling you that's making you to puff and insult me doesn't hold water in any court of competent jurisdiction here...We run by our constitution not by our hearts or any moral dictum...full stop...you can deride yourself by conjuring whatever analogy that makes you happy...CONSTITUTION IS SUPREME AND GUIDES OUR DAILY ACTIONS & INACTIONS...

From your link; we shall have a PRESIDENT not a head of state or whatever you wanna conjure and defend here to massage your ego of claiming high cognitive reasoning...or the essay you keeping bordering me with.... Go back to where you started calling Jonathan head of state and see how wrong and how right you are....Intelligence isn't by LONG essays, empty rhetorics and unending spewing of grammar... SIT DOWN AND RE-EXAMINE yourself...enjoy bro....

BTW we practise presidential system like america with executive (president), legislature(bicameral)& judiciary like USA...unlike Britain that practises monarchical system...thanks

modified
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by mooremedia: 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
You're indeed learned.
Thanks for this post.
Boss13:
That is free consultancy and that is how you fight corruption.

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by otemanuduno: 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
xrisdon:
It means that you don't know what fighting corruption is all about, its not by making noise its by building strong institution that prevents corruption, just as Gej is doing

Laakuli!!!

Have my card guy, you really deserve it...

...I mean my red card grin
Go and rest small, sleep dey worry you.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Jbenue: 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I am trying not insult you anyway...but be sure this will be my last reply to you on this issue....
Whatever your brain is telling you that's making you to puff and insult me doesn't hold water in any court of competent jurisdiction here...We run by our constitution not by our hearts or any moral dictum...full stop...you can deride yourself by conjuring whatever analogy that makes you happy...CONSTITUTION IS SUPREME AND GUIDES OUR DAILY ACTIONS & INACTIONS...

From your link; we shall have a PRESIDENT not a head of state or whatever you wanna conjure and defend here to massage your ego of claiming high cognitive reasoning...or the essay you keeping bordering me with.... Go back to where you started calling Jonathan head of state and see how wrong and how right you are....Intelligence isn't by LONG essays, empty rhetorics and unending spewing of grammar... SIT DOWN AND RE-EXAMINE yourself...enjoy bro....

BTW we practise presidential system like america with executive (president), legislature(bicameral)& judiciary like USA...unlike Britain that practises monarchical system...thanks

modified

Ignorance is always bliss.... Let GEJ go ahead with fighting corruption by pardoning everyone and anyone convicted of corruption. Heck he can fight homicide by pardoning all convicted murderers aswell.

You like arguing ooooooooh President Jonathan is Head of state, Chief Executive, C in C and a facilitator of Corruption.

GOOD DAY SIR I hope you gain knowledge one day.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jbenue:

Ignorance is always bliss.... Let GEJ go ahead with fighting corruption by pardoning everyone and anyone convicted of corruption. Heck he can fight homicide by pardoning all convicted murderers aswell.

You like arguing ooooooooh President Jonathan is Head of state, Chief Executive, C in C and a facilitator of Corruption.

GOOD DAY SIR I hope you gain knowledge one day.

Enjoy your night...
BTW get a dictionary and seek the meaning of ignorance... maybe you will get to see who jbenue is...ignoramus par excellence...or better still ignoramus in excelsis.... criticize from point of LAW and ORDER and not from your myopic bigoted morally bankrupt cerebrum of what is right or not...it is already virus-infested...LIVE BY CONSTITUTION NoT BY YOUR FANTASY...lolz... pele... sorry...ndo... Swt drmz bro....its well...vote Jonathan for continuity.... Swt drmz again... lolz
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Joshuadon: 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
kasheemawo:
ewu

Irrational??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by malachee: 12:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Na rubbish u b Igbo guy abi
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by olami234lekan(m): 12:12am On Mar 21, 2015
Talking corruption; here are the cumulative budgets for the OBJ and GEJ :

OBJ: 1999 -2007, total budget for the period came to approximately N9.21tn for his 8 years in office.

GEJ: 2010-2014, total budget for the period came to approximately N23.45tn for 4 years in office.

Effectively GEJ has spent in 5 years a sum that's about 2.5 times the sum OBJ spent in 8 years.

The OBJ regime grew our external reserves by a staggering 930% to 45bn dollars from a little more than 5bn dollars in 1999, paid up a 12bn dollar external debt, grew the economy from below 3% to over 7%, agric bsector also grew by same margin to a record high of 7.4% by the end of 2006, reduced unemployment to a record low of about 6% by 2006, domestic debt to about N2tn by 2007, still left 22bn dollars in the Excess Crude Account and actually improved the exchange rate from 133 to 117 until the global financial of 2008/2009.

GEJ regime has not added a dime to the external reserves despite earning far higher revenues than any Nigerian president in history, but has actually depleted reserves to about dollars, escalated external debt, economy still below 7%, agric sector growth dropped to 5% (forget the hype about eliminating corruption in fertilizer distribution), grew unemployment to over 23% ( a record), poverty incidence to 71% ( another record!) grew domestic debt to N7.65tn from N4.55tn in 2010, has depleted the excess crude account and we now have the worst exchange rate in the history of this country. Remember all of this has happened in an era of UNPRECEDENTED BOOM

Think CHANGE!

Think BUHARI/OSINBAJO!!

Think NIGERIA!!! account and we now have the worst exchange rate in the history of this country. Remember all of this has happened in an era of UNPRECEDENTED BOOM

Think CHANGE!

Think BUHARI/OSINBAJO!!

Think NIGERIA!!!
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 21, 2015
When youths begin to write such nonsense, then u begin to wonder when the leaders of tomorrow will be given birth to.even the teenagers know the extent of corruption in Nigeriait has eaten deep into the fabrics of this administration.gej utterances,massive looting,infact almost every governor has a private jet now..the way our govermment officials lavish money and massive unemployment in the country.job scam which led to loss of lives,increased internet scam,deformation of the country's reputation by our youths abroad Infact almost everybody want to leave this country and illiterates like asari, tompolo and Co are busy enjoying what our youths who went to study hard for yrs should enjoy.. pls power,that your write up is that of a brainwashed outcast who is not from Nigeria.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by agabaI23(m): 2:48am On Mar 21, 2015
Jbenue:

He was pardoned alongside 3 other people who were convicted when APC governors were in the FEC. Why is GEJ singled out? Why is Alam's pardon singled out? Because he is from GEJ's state? That's tribalism.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by zingywingy: 4:05am On Mar 21, 2015
I work in Chinese company and jail term is in our BCG guidelines
Whynotthetruth:

Can you authenticate this post with some evidence
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2015
zingywingy:
I work in Chinese company and jail term is in our BCG guidelines

Fine...can you compare rate of corruption in China that believes in reactive measures like buhari to New Zealand that believes in proactive measures like Jonathan
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by ebukaOtika(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
xrisdon:
Buhari promised to kill corruption if elected!

http://leadership.ng/news/417280/ill-kill-corruption-in-nigeria-buhari

But here is my personal submission.....

buhari can never kill corruption!!!

he couldn't kill corruption when he had absolute power as military dictator,
but think he can do it now as a constitutional president, what a joke!!!

first, buhari do not know how to fight corruption! supposing he did know, Nigeria would have been corrupt free by now, because buhari was once a head of state!

secondly, l prefer Gej's way of fighting corruption to that of buhari!

buhari believes in fighting corruption by jailing people with little or no care on the root cause!

while Gej on the other hand believes in building corrupt free system that can last even when he is no longer there!!

but unfortunately most Nigerians prefer action with no result,

for instant, do you know how many people buhari would have sent to jail because of fertilizer scam without solving the problem itself!
but Gej came in change the corrupt system that have been there for years even to the time of buhari,
But now it is impossible for corrupt people to operate with the new system without making too much noise about it.

Thank God , your type see school go ,,,, i'm proudment of you.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by zingywingy: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
SMH4u....Were you there??
Besides, don't compare Westerns to eastern and African, they respect laws naturally But others fear discipline
Whynotthetruth:

Fine...can you compare rate of corruption in China that believes in reactive measures like buhari to New Zealand that believes in proactive measures like Jonathan
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by bidex(m): 8:46am On Mar 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

How many are we going to kill in Nigeria start counting from your kindred to town to local government to state....before federal...even you yourself...aren't you corrupt.... is it just the leaders to you?

It wont be a bad idea if they start from you and your fellow corrup thieves at the helm of power in Abuja
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by bidex(m): 8:58am On Mar 23, 2015
Swiftboy:
so reasoning amount to being bribed? Its not your fault,you've been brainwashed. Just before you think its an abused,been brainwashed means to be conditioned to think along with someone else's ideals without thinking twice...for example if APC said anyone that think GEJ is trying his best,they'll see the person as being bought by PDP. APC have been manipulating people since 1660. grin

Am not brainwashed nor manipulated, we have seen all that has been going on in the helm of affairs with PDP and its really absurd to say they are doing well.
Re: Gmb's System Of Fighting Corruption $ Gej's Which Is Better by bidex(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2015
Swiftboy:
so reasoning amount to being bribed? Its not your fault,you've been brainwashed. Just before you think its an abused,been brainwashed means to be conditioned to think along with someone else's ideals without thinking twice...for example if APC said anyone that think GEJ is trying his best,they'll see the person as being bought by PDP. APC have been manipulating people since 1660. grin
hmmm.... manipulating i reserve my comments
hope you are witnessing the results so far?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Appears In High Court In Lagos / Again, Pastor Reno Omokri Caught Spreading Lies And Fake News / Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.